那是个集中营吧
That’s an internment camp.
没错 农场人手不足
Yes, it is. Farms are short-handed.
而政♥府♥需要粮食, 就派他们来工作
The government needs the food, so they send the workers.
他们为你的农场工作?
They work your farm?
我们的农场
Our farm.
没错
Yes, they do.
♪ For the beauty of the Earth ♪
♪ For the glory of the skies ♪
♪ For the love which from our birth over and around us lies ♪
♪ Lord of all to Thee we raise ♪
♪ This our hymn of grateful praise ♪
♪ Lord of all to Thee we raise ♪
♪ This our hymn of grateful praise ♪
♪ Amen. ♪
主啊 我们希望战争早点结束
Lord, we pray for the relief of suffering
生活不再煎熬
and an end to war throughout the world.
阿门
Amen.
阿门
Amen.
露丝已经巴不得快点见到你
Ruth’s been dying to meet you.
她是我大女儿
She’s my oldest.
嗨,露丝 我是莉薇
Hi, Ruth.I’m Livy.
我儿子蹿没影了,
And the boys are running around,
但他们看到这里的食物就会过来了
but they’ll come in when they realize the foods in here.
你的衣服是商店买♥♥的?
Is your dress store bought?
哦,天呐
Oh, my.
是的,它是
Yes, it is.
我一猜就是
I bet it was.
你好,雷,你打算给我们做介绍吗?
Well, Ray, are you going to introduce us?
是的,夫人
Yes, ma’am.
帕克夫人,这是我的妻子,莉薇
Miss Parker, this is my wife, Livy.
你的妻子?你好吗?
Your wife? Well, how do you do?
认识你很高兴
Nice to meet you.
你的妻子! 我是帕克太太
Your wife! I’m Miss Parker.
我从雷还只有这么高的时候就认识他了
I’ve known Ray since he was this high.
这是普拉特夫人
And this is Mrs. Pratt.
真是的 我们才知道
Goodness me. We never knew.
很高兴见到你
So pleased to meet you.
玛莎从来没提过你结婚的事
And Martha never said a word.
是的,大家都祝福他们
Yes, aren’t we all blessed?
亲爱的,你能帮我整理一下餐桌吗?
Sweetheart, will you help me at the table?
再见
Bye.
再见
Bye.
你一定不是这边的人
You must not be from here.
我们一直很担心雷
We’ve been so worried about Ray.
他是一个单身汉
The way things have played out here.
这边又没有一个年轻女性
And not a single young women to speak of.
雷是一个优秀的男人
And Ray’s such a fine, young man.
你们怎么认识的? 你们怎么认识的?
How’d you meet? How’d you meet?
我们…
I eloped…
嗯,我们相识在丹佛
Uh, we met in Denver.
多么浪漫
How romantic.
我从来不知道你有去过丹佛
I never knew you traveled to Denver.
等下吃饭的时候
You come sit by me
你就坐我身边
at the potluck.
我们想留下来吃饭,
We’d like stay,
但我们不得不回去 我们会很享受你的蛋糕,
but we gotta get on. But we’re really gonna enjoy your cake,
普拉特小姐, 谢谢
Miss Pratt, thank you.
不用客气
You’re most welcome. You’re very welcome.
再见 再见
Good-bye. Bye-bye.
我有一封信要去邮局寄
I just have a letter I need to drop at the post office.
今天是星期天
It’s Sunday.
我可以明天帮你邮寄
I could mail it for you tomorrow.
哦,我已经盖章了
Oh, it already has a stamp on it.
我只用把它投放进邮箱里就可以了 是给我姐姐的信
I’m just going to drop it in the box to my sister.
可以在这里游泳吗?
Can you swim here?
这里的水太浅了
It’s right shallow for swimming.
水下的淤泥有2英尺
There’s two feet of silt down there.
你喜欢游泳吗?
You like to swim?
我以前喜欢
I used to.
我以前很喜欢游泳
I used to love to swim.
谢谢 你对普拉特夫人说谎
Thank you for lying to Mrs. Pratt.
中午并非钓鱼的好时间
Middle of the day’s not the best time for fishing.
主要是想过来这边
Being out here is the point.
钓鱼只是一个借口,我想
Fishing’s… just an excuse, I suspect.
不好意思
Excuse us.
不用,是我打扰了
No, I’m sorry.
你们 在干什么
What, what were you studying?
嗯…蝴蝶
Um… butterflies.
你收集它们吗?
Do you collect?
不,我们观察 并记录在我们的书里
No. We log our observations in our notebook.
我是莉薇
I’m Livy.
我 – 我是这家主人
I-I live in the farmhouse.
我们正好要回去工作
We were just getting back to work.
不,等等,等等
No, wait, wait.
我的打扰让你们错过了什么吧?
What did I cause you to miss?
你们刚才看到了什么样的蝴蝶?
What were you… What kind of butterfly did you see?
一只常见的蓝色蝴蝶
It was a Common Blue.
看!
There!
这里 有许多物种吗?
Are, are there many species here?
是的,数百种
Yes, hundreds.
比如什么?
Like what?
银斑弄蝶…
Silver-Spotted Skippers…
莫宁斗篷, 天蛾…
Mourning Cloaks, Hawkmoths…
嗯,嗯 黄斑阴蝶
Mm-hmm. Specklewoods.
我可以看你的书吗?
May I see your book?
好漂亮啊
These are beautiful.
谢谢
Thank you.
看…
Look…
那里
there.
哦!
Oh
这是什么?
What is it?
黄蝶 粉蝶科的一种蝴蝶
A Sulphur… some species of Sulphur.
走开 走开 对不起
Shoo! Shoo! I’m sorry.
富兰克林,别这样!
Franklin, no!
这是你的狗吗?
He’s your dog?
不是 那个 你们渴吗?
No. Well… uh, are-are you thirsty?
我们应该回去工作了
We should get back to work.
欢迎随时来我们的房♥子
Come to the house anytime.
我们冰箱里
We have cold colas
有冰饮
in the icebox.
谢谢
Thank you.
等等!你们叫什么?
Wait! What are your names?
罗斯玛哈
Rose maha
弗劳瑞
And Florie.
再见
Bye
再见
Bye.
走开,富兰克林
Go away, Franklin.
走开
Go away.
我差不多怀孕四个月了
I’m almost four months pregnant.
是的,我想也是这么大了
Yes, that’s what I would have guessed.
这是一个意外
It was a mistake.
当婴儿出生时,
When the baby arrives,
你就不会认为这是一个错误了
you won’t see it as a mistake anymore.
希望你是对的
I’d like to believe you.
那就好 辛格尔顿夫人
Then do so, Mrs. Singleton.
嗯,我想孩子会在12月的第三周来到世上
Well, I’d say we’re looking at the third week of December.
圣诞宝宝
A Christmas baby.

Mmm.
我需要去城里寄一封信
While we’re in town, I need to mail a letter.
一切都顺利吗?
Everything go all right?
一切都好
Everything’s right on schedule.
他有没有说孩子什么时候出生?
Did he say when the baby was coming?
十二月 我应该早就告诉你的
December. I could have told you that before.
人都会知道
People will know.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!