Perhaps we could watch it heal.
也许我们可以看着它自愈
A bullet in the head…
或者给你脑袋来一枪
What exactly will happen?
到底会发生什么
I have papers to correct.
我还要去修改论文
As much as I dislike that job,
尽管我厌恶这活儿
It’ll be preferable to this.
可比起这个 它让人舒服多了
I leave you with it.
这儿随你们便了
Jesus Christ.
我的天哪
What the hell was that all about?
这一切到底是怎么回事
Where’d he get a gun?
他哪儿弄来的枪
He had you on the ropes, John.
他把你的命捏在了手里 约翰
Are you really so damn smart?
你真有那么机敏吗
It’s not like will.
这可不像威尔的一贯作风
Mary passed away yesterday.
玛丽昨天去世了
Who?

His wife.
他妻子
She had, uh, pancreatic cancer.
她得了胰腺癌
Will!
威尔
I didn’t know about mary.
我不知道玛丽的事
I’m sorry. I can see how this might have hit you.
我很难过 我能理解这让你多受打击
Please, permit me to be infantile by myself.
请让我一个人幼稚地待会儿
Will, please.
威尔 拜托了
What the hell were you thinking, Art?
你到底在想什么呀 阿特
Oh, come on. Something had to be done.
得了吧 总得干点什么
I have to say I agree.
我同意
And he’s our friend.
他是我们的朋友
Whatever else on earth is going on,
不管这里发生了什么事
He’s our friend!
他始终是我们的朋友
You sure about that?
你肯定
Why are you being so hard on him?
你为什么待他这么刻薄
One of my favorite people has disappeared.
我最喜欢的一个人消失不见了
Can you get alzheimer’s at 35?
你35岁会得老年痴呆症吗
Maybe I’m trying to wake him up.
也许我不过想努力唤醒他
Maybe I’m too sad to cry.
也许我太伤心 已欲哭无泪
What I said about myself hurt him.
我谈论自己时伤害到了他
He struck back expertly…
他不过很专业地反驳了
that stuff about stealing life forces?
所谓的窃取生命力
I’ve always wondered about the reasons.
我常常思索其中的缘由
Well, we still have an afternoon to kill, right?
我们还要消磨一下午的时光 对吧
Charades?
看手势猜字谜
No. John?
不 约翰
I have a charade, and it is just for you.
我有个手势字谜 只适合你
Sandy, come here.
珊迪 过来
Come on, come on, come on.
快点 快点 快点
Okay, this one’s for you.
好吧 这个谜语是给你的
Ready?
准备好了
My first wedding? There you go.
我的第一场婚礼 猜对了
There you go!
猜对了
Very good, and I bet at least one of us…
很好 我打赌至少我们中有一个人
is your direct descendent.
是你的直系后代
And I didn’t even send a christmas card.
而我一张圣诞卡都没寄过
Christmas card? What about a birthday card?
圣诞卡 寄生日卡怎么样
And don’t even get me started on the candles…
别想让我点蜡烛…
with the blowing and the
吹蜡烛…
For years with the blowing.
吹蜡烛吹了这么多年
Yeah, all right. I tried.
是的 好吧 我试过
Well, uh, call me underdeveloped,
你们尽管说我未开化好了
But I’d like to hear more.
可我还想听下去
Me too.
我也想
More.
说下去
You double-damn swear this isn’t some cockamamie…
你得发誓这不是无稽之谈
science fiction story or…
科幻故事或是…
you’re pulling on us?
你存心在诱惑我们
Next question.
下一个问题
You… You… You realize… This is an invitation…
你… 你意识到这是个邀请
to men in white suits with happy pills.
拿快乐丸邀请不朽之躯
Think about it…
想想吧
A mechanism allowing survival for thousands of years?
一种能让人活上几千年的身体构造
Run out of room even faster.
更快地消耗掉生存空间
Then we’d have to go to mars as a colony…
然后不得不进行扩张
as we expanded, as we’d have to.
一直殖民到火星上去
I’d like that.
我喜欢这念头
On a planet of another star.
在另一颗星球上
I envy you.
我嫉妒你
Did you have a pet dinosaur?
你拿恐龙当过宠物吗
They were a little bit before my time.
恐龙存在的年代早于我的
At least something is.
至少有些事物比你早
No doubt you could give us a thousand details, John,
毫无疑问 约翰 你可以拿一千个细节
Corroborating your story,
来确证你的故事
From the magdalene to the Buddha to now.
从玛德琳娜到佛祖 再到现在
Ten thousand,
一万年
And you could stay out of the books.
实实在在的活着
Oh, it’s getting chilly.
空气越来越冷了
Here, come over here. Join me.
过来 过来 坐我边上
That, uh, raises an interesting question, John.
一个很有意思的问题 约翰
Could there be others like you…
还有别的跟你一样
who escaped the aging process as you have?
能逃脱衰老过程的人吗
Representing something terrific…
表现出生物学上的
we don’t even know about biology.
我们尚一无所知的特性
We’re learning all the time.
世上无奇不有
Yeah, but how would he know?
是的 可他怎么会知道
He doesn’t wear an I.D. Badge saying “yabba dabba doo.”
他又不会挂个牌牌说”我是原始人”
There was a man in the 1600s.
17世纪时有一个人
Where were you in 1292 a.D.?
公元1292年你在哪里
Where were you a year ago on this date?
一年前的今天你在哪里
Anyway, it was the 1600s, and I met a man,
反正在17世纪 我跟某人萍水相逢
And I had a hunch that he was…
我有种直觉 他…
like me, so I told him.
像我一样 于是我告诉了他
Ah. See, you said this was a first.
瞧 你说了这是第一个
I forgot.
我忘记了
A crack in your story, John?
故事里的漏洞 约翰
A touch of senility.
年纪大了 脑子有点不好使
Anyway, he said yes,
反正他承认了
But from another time, another place.
但他来自另一个时间 另一个地方
We talked for two days.
我们畅谈了两天
It was all pretty convincing, but we couldn’t be sure.
一切都不容怀疑 可我们无法肯定
We each confirmed what the other said,
我们都证实了对方的故事
But how do we know if the confirmation…
可是我们又如何得知这种证实
was genuine or an echo?
是否真实可信 或只是一种附和
I knew I was kosher,
我知道我所言不假
But I thought, “maybe he’s playing a game on me.”
可我想 “也许他在玩弄我”
You know, a scholar of all we spoke about.
一个上知天文 下知地理的学者
He said he was inclined with the same reservation.
他说他也保留同样的想法
Now, that’s interesting.
现在有意思了
Just as we can never be sure,
即便我们想肯定
Even if we wanted to…
我们也永远无法肯定
I mean, if we were sure,
我是说 哪怕我们能肯定
You couldn’t be sure of that.
你也不能肯定我们是否肯定
We parted, agreeing to keep in touch…
我们分道扬镳 答应保持联♥系♥
Of course, we didn’t…
当然 我们从此互无音讯
And 200 years later I thought I saw him…
两百年后 我觉得我
in a train station in brussels.
在布鲁塞尔的一个火车站看见了他
Lost him in the crowd.
但他消失在了茫茫人海
Oh, what a shame.
多可惜
I…I mean, if it were true.
我… 我是说 如果这是真的
Okay, here’s one for you.
好吧 我有个问题
What do you do in your spare time?
你闲暇时间都做些什么
Every 50 years or so,
每50年左右
when I wanna get away from the rush,
当我想逃离匆忙疯狂的尘嚣
I go down to a primitive tribe in new guinea…
我会去新几内亚的一个原始部落

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!