Thrift shop.
旧货店
Really.
真的
If you lived 100… 1,000 years…
如果你活了一百…一千年
would you still have this?
你会不会还带着这个
What would cause you to keep it?
你为什么要保存它
As a memento to your beginnings,
纪念你的起源
Even if you didn’t have the concept of beginnings?
甚至你根本就没有意识到起源这个概念
It would be gone, lost.
它肯定会丢的
No.

I don’t have artifacts.
我没有什么手工艺品
Keep that.
给你了
Interesting.
有意思
You could have lied about that.
你本可以撒谎的
Don’t talk about me while I’m gone.
我不在的时候不要讨论我
Is he serious?
他认真的?
If he is, I’m sorry to say he’s…
如果真是这样 我恐怕他…
oh, how could he have concealed that for ten years?
他怎么可能把这个秘密保守了十年
Least he doesn’t appear to be dangerous.
至少他看起来不危险
What are you doing?
你在干嘛
Checkin’ for a hidden mic.
看看有没有隐藏的麦克风
Candid camera.
或者偷♥拍♥摄像头
He’s fabricating these wild stories.
这些都是他编出来的
I’ve never seen him acting like this.
我从没见过他这样
Oh, it’s crazy.
太疯狂了
All right, all right, as soon as you can, then.
好吧 好吧 你尽快
I love you, you know.
知道吗 我爱你
I know.
我知道
Since my first week at the office.
来办公室第一周就爱上你了
And?
你呢
I care very much about you,
我很在乎你
But now you know what you’d be getting into.
但现在你知道事实了
Do you really think you’re a caveman?
你真觉得自己是个穴居人吗
Do you?
你觉得呢
Could you love me,
你能爱我吗
Or don’t you believe in that anymore?
还是你已经不再相信爱情了
I’ve gotten over it too many times.
我经历过太多次了
Fond of you…
我喜欢你…
certainly attracted to you.
当然我被你吸引住了
That’s it?
就这样
I can work with that.
我能接受
If what I’m saying is true,
如果我所说不假
You and any children will age. I won’t.
你和你的孩子会老去 而我不会
And one day I’ll leave.
终将有一天 我会离去
You’ll go back to your May-December romances.
这就是老夫少妻的浪漫
The simple fact is that I can’t give you forever.
事实很简单 我不能承诺你永远
How long’s forever?
永远是多久
Who ever really has it?
又有谁得到过
My parents split up before I was born,
我父母在我出生前就离异了
And then my mom’s next marriage lasted what, a whole three years?
我母亲改嫁 但婚姻只持续了三年
Then there’s death, illness, acts of god…
然后又是生老病死 都是上帝的意志…
no one knows how long they have.
没人知道他们的生命有多长久
Or how little.
或多短暂
I love you.
我爱你
Take whatever you can get.
你想从我这里拿走什么都可以
Like ten years?
比如一个十年
Why did you do that?
为什么这么做
I wanted to see how fast you were. Check your reflexes.
想看看你有多快 测试一下反应速度
I don’t have eyes in the back of my head,
我脑袋后面可没长眼睛
I can’t hear a flea walking,
我也听不到跳蚤的脚步声
I am not in any way superman.
我绝非什么超人
Well, I’m a second-degree black belt.
我可是黑带二段呢
Give it another thousand years.
多练一千年再来吧
Well. I got it, I got it, I got it.
好好 行了行了
Jesus.
天呐
Smooth demonstration, Harry.
满意了吧 哈里
Sit on it, Dan.
坐过来 丹
I still have questions.
我还有问题
I-I do too, John.
我也有 约翰
I mean, are we done with prehistory yet?
我是说 史前部分讲完了吗
Remember any of your original language?
你还记得一开始你用的语言吗
A little. One thing hasn’t changed much…
一点点 惟一没有改变的就是…
Did you ever do any cave Art?
有做过洞穴壁画吗
Do you know the rock Art at les eyzies?
你知道埃齐斯镇壁画
It was the work of a man named…
那是一个叫做…
giraud. He did a pretty good job.
吉哈的人的作品 他擅长这个
He would draw the animals that we hoped to find to eat.
他能画出那些 我们想找来吃的动物
One day after a fruitless hunt,
有一天我们打猎毫无所获
Our chief stomped his teeth out
因为找不到他画的动物
Because his magic had failed him.
酋长把他的牙齿打掉了
After that, someone had to chew his food for him.
之后他只能靠别人咀嚼食物喂他
Finally, he got… I suspect
再后来 他的… 我想应该是
An infected jaw,
下颚受感染了
And he was abandoned.
于是他被抛弃了
That’s awful.
真可怕
You have to know what to kill.
你得清楚该猎杀什么
Is this why all your students…
难道这就是你所有的学生
say your knowledge of history is… so amazing?
都觉得你知识渊博的原因吗
No, that’s mostly based on study.
不 我所知道的大多是研究而来
Remember, it’s one man, one place at a time,
记着 这只是某个时期某个地点
My solitary viewpoint…
我一个人
of a world I knew almost nothing about.
对我几乎一无所知的世界的观点
Well, let’s talk about what you say you do know about…
那我们谈谈 你声称了解的东西
Historical times.
历史时期
Don’t encourage him.
别怂恿他
Edith.
伊迪丝
Next few thousand years, it got warmer.
之后几千年 气候变暖了
A few thousand years…
几千年…
See, now, I know you’re guessing.
看 我知道你已经在猜测了
You can’t get there from here, Art.
都过了这么久了 阿特
Well then, pray, continue.
好吧 请继续
We hunted reindeer, mammoths…
我们猎杀驯鹿 猛犸
Bison, horses,
野牛 野马
The game retreated northward as the climate changed,
随着气候的变化 你们越走越北
You got the idea of growing food rather than gathering it,
你们学会了种植粮食 而不只是采集他们
Raising animals rather than hunting them.
驯养动物而不是猎杀他们
Am… Am I getting warm, here? I bet I am.
这里是不是越来越暖和了 我想是的
Lakeside living becomes commonplace, fishing, fowling… Come on!
大家开始依湖而居 捕鱼 打鸟 得了吧
John, this is out of any textbook.
这都是教科书上的东西
Even yours.
甚至你的书里也写了
You got most of it right.
你说的大都正确
Eventually I headed to the east.
最终我向东而行
I’d grown curious about the world.
我对世界越发的好奇
I’d gotten the hang of going it alone,
我不再独行
Learning how to fit in when I wanted to.
而是学会需要时融入人群
East.
东方
Towards the rising sun?
向着太阳升起的地方
Yes. I thought it might be warmer there.
对 我想那边会暖和一些
That’s when I saw an ocean.
这时我看到了海洋
The mediterranean, probably.
应该是地中海
It was around the beginning of the bronze age,
那大约是在青铜时代早期
So I followed the trade routes from the east,
我沿着东方的贸易线路行走
Copper, tin, learning languages as I went.
铜 锡 还学了他们的语言
Everywhere, creation myths,
一路上到处是造物奇迹
New gods, so many, so different.
各种神灵 如此之多 又如此不同
I finally realized that it was… probably all hogwash,
最终我意识到 这样做是毫无意义的
So I was sumerian for 2,000 years,
所以我当了两千年的苏美尔人
Then finally babylonian under hammurabi.
也就是后来汉摩拉比法典下的巴比伦人
Great man.
那是个伟人
And I sailed as a phoenician for a time.
后来我又作为腓尼基人航行了一段时间
See, moving on had been easier as a Hunter-Gatherer…
作为猎人是很容易移居的

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!