We do not reveal our sources.
我们不会透露线人是谁的
“This action has been commenced to enjoin.
“这种行为已被禁止
The New York Times and its agents…”
《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》及其代理出版…”
I get it! I get it!
我知道了 知道了
If you got the study from the same source
如果你是从同一个线人手中得到这些文件
that would amount to collusion.
那就是共谋罪
Yeah, we could all be executed at dawn.
是的 我们都会在破晓时分被处决
And we could be held in contempt of court…
我们会因藐视法庭罪被起诉
which means Mr. Bradlee and Mrs. Graham could go to jail.
也意味着布莱德利先生和格雷厄姆夫人会坐牢
Mr. Bagdikian…
巴格迪基安先生
how likely is it that your source…
有没有可能你的线人…
and The Times source are the same person?
和《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》的线人是同一个人
It’s likely.
有可能
How likely?
可能性有多高
Very.
非常高
It’s very likely. Yes.
可能性非常高 好的
What is all this?
这都是什么
Lemonade earnings.
出♥售♥柠檬水赚到的钱
Marina wanted me to put it away for safekeeping.
玛丽娜要我帮她保管好
We’re publishing.
我们要出版了
I didn’t think Kay’d do it.
我以为凯不会出版的
That’s brave.
真勇敢
Well, she’s not the only one who’s brave.
勇敢的可不只是她一个人
What have you got to lose?
你又没有什么损失
Uh, my job.
我的饭碗
My reputation.
我的名声
Oh, Ben, please.
行了吧 本
We both know this will do nothing
我们都知道的
but burnish your reputation.
这只会让你更出名
And as for your job…
至于你的工作
you can always find another one.
再找一份就好了
Now, if you’re trying to make me feel better…
如果你想让我开心点的话
there’s nicer ways of doing it.
可以说点更好听的
You’re very brave.
你真勇敢
But Kay…
但是凯
Kay is in a position she never thought she’d be in.
凯将会处于一个她意料之外的境地
A position I’m sure plenty of people
一个很多人都觉得
don’t think she should have.
她不该处于的境地
And when you’re told time and time again
而且一旦别人一次又一次地告诉你
that you’re not good enough.
你不够优秀的时候
That your opinion doesn’t matter as much.
你的意见就会变得无足轻重
When they don’t just look past you.
当他们的目光不再落到你身上的时候
When, to them, you’re not even there.
当对他们来说你就如同空气的时候
When that’s been your reality for so long…
当你活在这样的生活中很长一段时间之后
it’s hard not to let yourself think it’s true.
你就很难看清♥真♥正的自己
So, to make this decision…
所以 要冒着牺牲她的财产…
to risk her fortune and the company
牺牲代表了她一生成就的企业的风险
that’s been her entire life…
而做出这样的决定…
well, I think that’s brave.
我觉得非常勇敢
Bradlee.
布莱德利
Ben, we got a problem.
本 我们有麻烦了
You remember this?
你记得这个吗
The day before the funeral. Yeah.
丧礼的前一天 没错
Wasn’t it?
不是吗
Yeah.
没错
I didn’t…
我不想
I didn’t wanna do it…
我不想这么做
but Fritz said I should go in…
但弗里茨说我应该站出来
and say a few words to the Board.
向董事会解释一下
So, I tried to rehearse something…
所以 我试着排练一下
but it all turned out so awful,
但还是弄得一团糟
and before I knew it…
然后在我意识到之前
the car was there ready to take me
车子就来接我了
and then you came out.
然后你来了
I remember.
我记得
You came out in
你穿着
your little nightgown and your robe.
睡衣就过来了
And you hopped in the car with me.
然后你跳上汽车和我一起
Gave me this.
你给了我这个
Somehow you managed to scribble these notes for me.
不知怎么地 你就为我匆匆写下了这些笔记
So I’d know what to say.
让我知道我该说些什么
But I don’t have my glasses up here.
但是我眼镜不在这
So, just read it for me. Mummy…
你念给我听吧 妈…
Oh, come on, just… Would you read it to me?
快点念吧 你念给我听好吗
“One, thank them.
“一 感谢他们
Two, there has been a crisis,
二 以前也曾有过危机
But you know they will carry on.
但你知道的他们会坚持下去
Three, never expected to be in this…
三 从未想过处于这样的
Situation.
境地
Four, going off to clear mind and think about the future.
四 停下来清理思绪 考虑未来
Five, no changes at this time,
五 不会有变化
Paper will remain in the family.
报纸仍旧由家族管理
And six, and be carried on in the tradition…”
六 一切按之前的规矩行事”
So well set. So well set.
列得清清楚楚呢 井井有条
You know, I just wanted to hold on to the company…
你懂吗 我只想为你 为唐 比利和史蒂夫
for you and Don and Billy and Steve.
守住公♥司♥
You did. You have.
你做到了 你已经做到了
Well…
那个…
You know that quote?
你知道那句话是怎么说的吗
That quote…
那句话…
“A woman preaching is like a dog walking on its hind legs.
“一个女人要说教 就像一只用后腿走路的狗
It’s not done well…
它做得不好
And you’re surprised to see it’s done at all.”
但你还是很惊讶地看到它完成了”
Samuel Johnson.
塞缪尔·约翰逊
Oh, Mummy. Yeah.
妈咪 没错
Well, it’s a bunch of nonsense.
这都是胡说
No, but that’s the way we all thought then…
不 当时我们都是这样想的…
you know?
你知道吗
I was never supposed to be in this job.
我从未想过会由我来做这份工作
When my father chose your dad to run the company…
当我父亲选择你♥爸♥来经营公♥司♥的时候
I thought it was the most natural thing in the world.
我觉得那再正常不过了
I was so proud, because you know…
我很骄傲 你知道的
Phil was so brilliant. And he was…
菲尔相当优秀 而且他…
so gifted…
那么有天赋
But I thought that was the way it was supposed to be.
但我那时觉得 就应该由他来做
Everybody thought that way then.
每个人都这么想
And I was raising you kids…
我来抚养你们这些孩子
and I was happy in my life.
我的人生过得很快乐
The way it was.
之前是这样的
But then when it all fell apart, you know…
但之后一切都变了 你知道的
When Phil died, it was just…
菲尔去世了 那时候…
I was 45 years old and I had never held…
我四十五岁 我从未有过…
I’d never had to hold a job in my life.
我过了半辈子 从来不需要工作
But I just, I loved the paper, you know…
但我 我爱这份报纸 你知道吗
I do.
我知道
I do so love the paper.
我那么爱这份报纸
I don’t want it to be my fault.
我不想让它变成我的过错
I don’t want to be the one who…
我不想变成毁掉这些的人…
I don’t wanna let Phil and my father…
我不想让菲尔和我父亲…
and all of you kids and everybody down.
让我的孩子 让所有人失望
Mrs. Graham?
格雷厄姆夫人
You ran here? Yeah.
你跑过来的 是啊
There’s been a bit of a…
事情有点
complication.
复杂
I didn’t understand at first,
开始我不理解
but now everything is in a different light.
但现在一切都不同了
Our source might be the same as The New York Times.
我们的线人可能跟《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》是同一个线人
Okay.
好的
If so, we could be held in contempt.
如果是这样 我们会被判藐视法庭罪
Meaning?
意味着

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!