当然了 信件或者便条 来源印度
Of course, chit. A letter or note. Indian original.
没错
That’s right.
– 她是谁 – 无法触及的爱
Who is she? – The impossible.
愈是求之不得 愈是辗转反侧
The more impossible, the greater the love.
你真的这么认为吗
Do you truly believe that?
心病如此 不胜相思
My heart is so sick.
对于爱 我只知道心病终成救赎
What I know of love is that the sickness often becomes the cure.
她是我的朋友
She’s my friend.
是我很亲密的朋友
She is my dear friend.
她痛失了挚爱的人
she has suffered a terrible loss …
或许上帝的恩泽会通过你的爱
Perhaps God’s grace will come to her
照射在她身上 威廉
through your love, William.
吃 不发a的音 吃
Eat. So don’t say the “a”, Eat.
sh u a 刷
“Br… u… sh.”
– 刷 还有 鱼 – 对
Brush and fish. – Yes.
– 洗 – 你学得很快
Wash. – You are learning very very fast.
头脑比天空辽阔 因为把它们放在一起
The brain is wider than the sky. For put them side by side.
摘自Emily Dickinson诗作《The Brain Is Wider Than The Sky》
此处引用作家出版社译文
前者能轻松地包容后者 还有你
The one the other will contain, with ease and you beside.
头脑和上帝重量一致
The brain is just the weight of God,
因为 把它们称一称 磅对磅
for, heft them, pound for pound,
它们如果有区别 就像音乐不同于声响
And they will differ if they do as syllable from sound.
他们把那女孩的头发都剪了吗
Did they cut the rest of that girl’s hair?
他有了很大程度的恢复
He’s making tremendous progress.
我开始觉得 他越了解高墙之外的世界
I’m beginning to believe the more he’s exposed to the world
他的恢复就会越迅速
beyond these walls, the speedier will be his cure.
医生 您觉得他的病能治好
You think he can be cured, doctor?
必须的 我们都得抱有希望
I have to. I… There must be hope for all of us.
哪怕是最不堪的灵魂
Even the most broken souls.
我 考虑一下
I… think about it.
我的挚友 我已向代表团提出申请
My Dear Friend. I have recommended to the Delegates that
将你的名字写入
your name be acknowledged in the First Volume
新英语字典第一版的致谢名录里
of the “New English Dictionary on Historical Principles”,
你活跃的思维为其增添无限生机
to which your vibrant mind has so critically given the breath of life.
最后分册也已完成 你的 詹姆斯
The last fascicle is already complete. Expectantly, James.
第一版
A至B
编者
James A. H. Murray
恭喜您 默里博士
Congratulations… Doctor Murray.
谢谢您给了我们由A至B的字典
For giving us A to byzen.
还有之后即将出现的 从C开始的名录
And for the rest to come, beginning with cab.
谢谢您 先生
Thank you, sir.
牛津大学
James A. H. Murray
卖♥♥得不好
It is not selling.
整个帝国只有四千订单 他编得太慢
4,000 orders the Empire through. And he’s not going any quicker.
我们成了整个学术界的笑柄
We’re the laughing stock of all academia.
我在想 是不是该让我们的
I wonder if it’s time to ease
苏格兰同僚回家歇歇去了
our gentle Scotsman off his little perch.
没事儿的 他们都是好孩子
It’ll be alright. They’re good kids.
如果你不想这么做 不用勉强
You don’t have to do this, if you don’t want to.
看着我
Look at me.
威廉
威廉.
你可以的
It’ll be alright.
孩子们 我介绍一个朋友 他叫威廉
Children, I would like you to meet a friend. His name is William.
你是奥利弗 对吧
You must be Olive. Is that right?

Yes.
艾瑞斯
Iris.
杰克
Jack.
还有佩吉
And Peggy.
你应该是皮特
You must be Peter.
很高兴认识你 皮特
It’s good to meet you, Peter.
你是克莱尔吧
And are you Clare?
克莱尔
Clare.
认识你是我的荣幸 克莱尔
It’s a true honor to meet you, Clare.
克莱尔
Clare.
克莱尔
Clare.
芒西先生
Mr. Muncie.
帮我看一下他们 一会儿就好
Watch them for me. Just for a moment.
医生 等等 别走
Doctor. Wait. Wait.
抱歉 我不希望那种事发生的 抱歉
I’m sorry. I never wanted that to happen. I’m so sorry.
我记得一切安宁 我记得知道自己是谁
I remember being safe and still. I remember knowing who I was.
然后我猛然惊醒 一切成了泡影
Then I woke up and it had all gone away.
我恨过你 那么恨 恨了那么久
And I hated you. So much. For so long.
但现在我认识你 我知道你是怎样的人
But now I know you. I know who you are.
我知道你也同样责备自己
And I know the same has been done to you.
我给你写了点话
I wrote you something.
因为你 我能写下这句话
我能
“I can”
因为你 我能写下这句话
“I can… because of you.”
我想我的丈夫
I miss my husband.
我第一天来是为了更加恨你
I came here that first day to hate you.
拿你的钱 看你带着镣铐 永无天日
To take your money, watch you locked away, see you done.
你应该继续恨我
You should still hate me.
不恨了
Not anymore.
看看你犯的罪 看看你造的孽
Look what you’ve done. Look what you’ve done.
先生 这次信不多
Not so many this time, sir.
高级医学
员工专用
我写了一些东西给你
I wrote you something.
别 等我走了再看
No, read it when I go.
我很抱歉 伊莉莎
I’m sorry, Eliza.
但如果我并不感到抱歉
But what if I am not sorry?
她再次杀了他
She killed him again.
这是你的罪孽
Sin is your sin.
她再次杀了他
She killed him again.
如果这是爱 那又怎么样 在你心里
“If it is love… what then?” In your heart.
科曼 先生
Mr. Coleman.
也许你应该通知诊所
Perhaps you should warn the clinic.
我伤害了我自己
I hurt myself.
我的朋友 我没法再找到
My friend, I no longer find
我有合适的地方去做这件事
I have the right place to do this.
我认为你也许接受了它
I thought you might accept it”
你记得我
“You remember me.
作为我们友谊的见证
As a testimony to our friendship”
和我们共同创造的
“And what we have created together.
在短暂的时间里
“In the short and ephemeral time.”
感谢你 我可以相信我的思想
Because then and with you” “I could trust my mind, William.
默里教授
Dr. Mori
我是理查德布林, 主管
I’m Richard Breen, supervisor
很高兴见到你 先生
I was glad to meet you, sir.
我为迈纳教授所做的贡献感到骄傲
I am very proud of the contributions Which Dr. Meinor of course did.
他的病开始恶化了
The disease entered a new phase
你也许会感到震惊
You may be shocked
我也必须提醒你
I should warn you too
他可能会以某种方式表现出敌意
He may display somehow hostility
你来了
you came.
当然 我来了
Of course I came
我知道你会来
I knew you would come.
你的上帝是非常苛刻的
Your God is very demanding.
牺牲是在所难免的
There was a sacrifice required.
我收到你的信息
I received your message
他的爱
His love.
他的妻子
His wife.
我从死者那偷走了她
I stolen her from the dead.
你现在把我的名字注明上去了吗
Have you reached the “I’s” by now?
我曾经有些东西要加到你的文字里
I had some to add to your words
但是似乎我没办法
But I can’t seem to
我没法找到我的笔
But I can’t seem to find my pens
这是我们的文字 威廉
Our words, William
也许那是真的 也许
Perhaps that’s true.
疯狂给予了我们文字
Perhaps the madness gave us the words.
但是你据为己有
But you have made them yours
他们带有你秘密的签名

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!