什么 蜜蜂
What, the bees?
我想说的是 随着春天的到来
What I’m saying is that, with the arrival of spring
我们将会看到周围的环境会产生
we shall see a most remarkable and profound change
显著的巨大变化
in all these surroundings, sir.
你说的对 现在这庭院确实没什么风景可看
I’m sure that’s right. I’m sure the grounds are not at their best now.
不过我不是在欣赏这庭院的自然风光
I wasn’t paying attention to the glories of nature
因为我是在担心
because it’s worrying
那个杜邦来的时候脸色很差 这是谁也不想的
Dupont D’Ivry has arrived in a foul mood, the last thing anyone wants.
杜邦先生已经来了
Mr. Dupont D’Ivry has arrived?
半小时前 脸色很差
Half an hour ago, in a really foul mood.
这样的话 不好意思 我最好先去看看
In that case, excuse me. I’d better go and attend to him, sir.
很高兴跟你谈话
Right you are. It was kind of you to talk to me.
不客气
Not at all.
我还有一些话想传达给你
In fact, I do have one or two words more to convey on the topic of
关于如您说所的
as you put it most admirably, sir
大自然的风光
the glories of nature.
但似乎得另找时间了
But it must wait for another occasion, sir.
我很期待下次谈话 但我更喜欢谈论钓鱼
I’ll look forward to it. But I’m more of a fish man myself.
-鱼 -我非常喜欢钓鱼
-Fish? -I know all about fish.
淡水鱼和海水鱼
Freshwater and salt.
所有的生物对于我们的话题都是有意义的
All living creatures would be relevant to our discussion, sir.
抱歉 我不知道杜邦先生已经到了
Excuse me. I had no idea that Monsieur Dupont D’Ivry had arrived.
谢谢
Thank you.
有什么可以效劳的 先生
May I be of assistance, sir?
太好了 是管家
Oh, the butler.
我的脚发炎了 请给我一盆热水和盐
I have sore feet, so I need a basin with warm water and salts, please.
我会去找女管家安排的 先生
I’ll arrange that with the housekeeper, sir.
热水和盐 尽快
Warm water and salts as soon as possible.
你好 我也会说英语
How do you do? But I speak English.
好极了 我很幸运
Good. That’s lucky for me.
我是杰克·刘易斯 美国的代表
I’m Jack Lewis, the U.S. delegate.
我们能私下谈谈吗
Could we speak privately as soon as possible?
当然
Yes, of course.
但是因为他们强迫我去观光
But for the moment I have blisters
弄的我脚底全是水泡
due to some sightseeing they made me do in London.
知道吗 我之前早就看过伦敦塔了
You know I had already seen the Tower of London.
我发现事情并没有如我预料的
I’ve discovered that things are not moving
向您所希望的方向发展
in a direction that I think you would approve of.
重整德国♥军♥备需要被大家所认可
German rearmament is a fact to be accepted.
我们都希望看到的是一个自♥由♥和平等的德国
It’s in our own interest to have a free and equal Germany.
而不是一个被
In stead of a prostrate nation
16年前的不平等条约压垮的德国
upon whom an unfair peace treaty was imposed 16 years ago.
那些像我一样曾去过德国的在座各位
Those who’ve been in Germany
应该感到激动 因为我们看到了德国重生的希望
can only thrill, as I have, to the signs of rebirth.
为了帮助德国恢复国内经济
to assist Germany in her virile struggle for economic recovery
包括提供日常补给和相当的军备
including support for her fair demand for equality of armaments
以及对德国青年提供全球性的兵役政策
and universal military service for German youth.
如果我们 在战后的欧洲
If we, in postwar Europe
再给我弄一盆水泡脚
I need more water. I need another basin to bathe my feet.
跟我来 先生
Follow me, sir.
-我们必须得谈谈 -这边请 先生
-We have to talk. -This way, sir.
我的朋友 我现在很痛
My friend, I am in agony.
鞋子太紧了 都怪我自己
Too tight shoes. I blame myself.
虚荣心
Vanity.
我们必须得做些什么来制约德国
We must do some fast maneuvering to restrain the Germans.
请这边请 先生们
Please come this way, gentlemen.
管家 你可以帮我把鞋子脱下吗
Butler, please, could you help me with my feet-shoe?
当然
-Yes, of course. -Take it off.
你也听到他们说的关于等量的军备和军事设施
What they said about equality of arms for Germany, military service
史蒂文斯先生
Mr. Stevens.
什么
What? Yes?
-抱歉 先生 -我去去就来
-Sorry, sir. -I’ll manage.
什么事
What?
您父亲病了 先生
Your father’s been taken ill, sir.
-他在哪里 -在中式卧室门外
-Where? -Outside the Chinese bedroom, sir.
德国跟我们一样也在寻求和平
Germany wants peace as much as we do. She needs peace.
让我来帮你
Here, let me help you with that.
谢谢
Thank you.
谢谢 查尔斯
Thank you, Charles.
去准备一盆热水和盐
Take a basin of hot water and salts
给台球室里的杜邦先生送去 清楚了没
to Mr. D’Ivry in the billiards room. Is that understood?
-是的 史蒂文斯先生 -很好 去吧
-Yes, Mr. Stevens. -Good. Do it.
父亲
Father?
史蒂文斯先生
Mr. Stevens.
什么事
Yes?
我比你更有时间来照看你父亲
I have more time than you to look after him.
我已经叫了医生
I’ve called the doctor.
谢谢 肯顿小姐
Thank you, Miss Kenton.
恐怕你父亲不太好
Your father’s not so good, I’m afraid.
谢谢
Thank you.
如果病情恶化 请通知我
If he deteriorates, call me, will you?
他多大了 70还是72
How old is he? 70, 72?
-75 -我明白了
-75, sir. -I see.
病情恶化就通知我
Well as I say, if he deteriorates, let me know.
我会的 谢谢医生
I will, sir. Thank you, doctor.
稳当一点 别太快
More haste, less speed.
缺了什么东西
There’s something missing.
什么东西
What is it?
-佐料架上的调羹 生生 -很好
-The spoon from the cruet set, sir. -Good.
看的很仔细
Well observed.
不要去碰杯子的杯沿
Now, never touch the lip of the glass.
很好
Good.
先放杯子 然后
Glass first, and then
楼下一切都好吗
Is everything in hand downstairs?
我们在准备会议期间的最后一顿晚餐
We’re preparing the dinner. It’s the last dinner of the conference.
你可以想象到厨房♥手忙脚乱的样子
You can imagine the kitchen.
但是一切都在掌握中吗
But is everything in hand?
是的 情况良好
Yes, I think we’re up to scratch.
你觉得好些了吗
How are you feeling? Are you feeling any better?
有些事我要告诉你
There’s something I have to tell you.
我有很多事要忙 明早再说吧
I have so much to do, father. Why don’t we talk in the morning?
吉姆
Jim
我不爱你的母亲
I fell out of love with your mother.
我曾经爱过她
I loved her once.
当我不再爱她的时候发现
The love went out of me when I found her carrying on.
她怀孕了
A good son.
但是我以你为傲
Proud of you.
我希望自己是个好父亲
I hope I’ve been a good father.
我尽力了
I tried me best.
你现在最好下去了
You better get down there
否则他们会乱成一锅粥的
or heaven only knows what they’ll be up to.
去吧
Go on.
去吧
Go on!
我早上再来看你
We’ll talk in the morning.
在我们会议的最后一天
On the last day of our conference
请允许我表达诚挚的谢意
permit me to say how impressed I have been
感谢在座各位所表现出的友善
with the spirit of goodwill that has prevailed.
同时也是也是对德国的友善
Goodwill for Germany.
让我感动得几乎流泪的是
And with tears in my eyes
我看到了各位都公认了
I see that everyone here has recognized
我们德国再一次屹立于强国之林
our right to be, once again, a strong nation.
我从心底里想对大家说
With my hand on my heart, I declare
德国需要和平
that Germany needs peace
渴望和平
and desires only peace.
与英国的和平
Peace with England
还有与法国的和平
and peace with France.
非常感谢
Thank you very much.
我也同样被感动了
I, too, have been impressed
是的 深深地被感动了
yes, deeply impressed
被会议上这种渴望和平的真诚的心所打动
by the genuine desire for peace manifested at this conference.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!