Listen.
“他们在这儿找他,在那儿找他,那些法国佬到处找他。
“They seek him here they seek him there those Frenchies seek him everywhere.
“他在天堂吗?”
“Is he in heaven?
“他下地狱了吗?”
“Is he in hell?
那该死的难以捉摸的红花蕊”。
That damned elusive Pimpernel”.
——愉快!——什么?
– Delightful! – What?
特别是,嗯…这条线:“那些法国佬到处找他。”
Especially that, uh… that line:”Those Frenchies seek him everywhere”.
是的,我也喜欢。
Yes, I like that too.
因为,你看,我听说他们知道。
Because, you see I hear that they do.
这就给了这句台词一种感觉,嗯……一个东西,嗯…
And that gives the line a sort of something that sort of gives it, ah… A something, uh…
如果我讲清楚的话。
If I make myself clear.
明亮如水晶。
Clear as crystal.
再见,我亲爱的珀西爵士。
Good day, my dear Sir Percy.
你好,就像法国人说的“misu”。
Bonjour, “misu”, as the French say.
你好!
Bonjour!
今天下午的比赛很精彩,亲爱的。
Magnificent fight this afternoon, my dear.
天哪,门多萨那家伙耳朵可真灵。
Gad, that fellow Mendoza’s got quick ears.
在第十回合,杰克逊击败了他
In the 10th round, when Jackson had him down
我喊道:“起来,门多萨!”
I shouted, “Get up Mendoza!”
该死的,他做到了。
And damn me, he did.
让我失望,他赢了。
And, sink me, he won.
你认为安德鲁·福克斯可能就是”绯红紫罗兰”
Do you think Andrew Ffoulkes might be the Scarlet Pimpernel?
安德鲁?
Andrew?
从来没有!
Never!
他连个球都打不到伊顿!
He couldn’t hit a ball at Eaton!
为什么?
Why?
你对鲜红的紫罗兰花有什么兴趣?
What’s your interest in the Scarlet Pimpernel?
不比其他女人多。
No more than any other woman’s.
我们都想知道他是谁。
We would all like to know who he is.
我敢打赌,你的朋友Chauvelin也会。
So would your friend Chauvelin, I’ll wager.
你为什么这么说?
What makes you say that?
他来不就是为了这个吗?
Isn’t that what he is here for?
他告诉你了吗?
Did he tell you?
-他为什么要这样?——为什么不呢?
– Why should he? – Why not?
请注意,这个人很聪明,但是一个连自己的领带都不会系的人, 是不可能把套索套在红花侠的脖子上的,不是吗?
Mind you, the man is clever but a fellow who can’t even tie his own cravat isn’t likely to put a noose ’round the Pimpernel’s neck is he?
真的,珀西。
Really, Percy.
你永远不能超越琐事吗?
Can you never rise above trivialities?
不能超越任何三个音节以上的东西,亲爱的,我从来都不能。
Can’t rise above anything with more than three syllables, my dear, I never could.
胡说!
Nonsense!
你曾经是个男人!
You were a man once!
一个女人仰视的男人 在有麻烦时可以求助。
A man a woman could look up to could turn to in trouble.
而现在……
And now…
你不知道从哪里开始。
You wouldn’t know where to begin.
你就不能先告诉我是什么问题吗?
Couldn’t you begin by telling me what the trouble is?
有什么用呢?
What is the use?
我们甚至连语言都不同。
We don’t even speak the same language.
Richard Brindslay Sheridan先生。
Mr. Richard Brindslay Sheridan.
图尔内伯爵夫人。
The Countess de Tournay.
小姐德图。
Mademoiselle de Tournay.
图尔内子爵。
The Vicomte de Tournay.
埃尔斯沃西夫妇。
Lord and Lady Elsworthy.
加洛伯爵和伯爵夫人。
The Earl and Countess of Garrow.
这就是我们的法国朋友!
Well, here’s our French friend!
晚安,就像你说的”misu”
Bonsoir, “misu”, as you say.
晚上好,珀西爵士。
Good evening, Sir Percy.
夫人。
Milady.
亲爱的,看那条领带。
My dear, look at that cravat.
您学得真快,先生。
You’re a monstrous quick learner, sir.
请允许我。
Permit me.
在那里……
There…
完美的。完美!
Perfect. Perfect!
再过一周,我们就认不出你是英国人了。
Another week, and we won’t know you from an Englishman.
从一个英国人!这真是赞美!
From an Englishman! That is praise indeed!
哦,珀西爵士!
Oh, Sir Percy!
大家都在谈论的这首诗是什么?
What is this poem everybody is talking about?
——诗?——是的!
– Poem? – Yes!
都是关于猩红色的蝴蝶花。
All about the Scarlet Pimpernel.
告诉我们!
Do tell us!
天啊,没办法逃了。
Oh, gads, there’s no escape.
原谅我,亲爱的。
Forgive me my dear.
带我们的朋友四处看看,如果有人是谁,就告诉他每个人都是谁。
Take our friend round and tell him who everybody is if anybody is anybody.
-这就是你,珀西!-这才像你。
– That’s exactly like you, Percy! – That’s like you.
我只想知道有一个人是谁 而你知道红牡丹此刻就在这个屋檐下,在你的朋友中间。
I only want to know who one person is and you know the alternative the Pimpernel is under this roof at this moment among your friends.
你的举动,夫人。
Your move, milady.
,祝你好运。
And good luck.
玛格丽特!
Marguerite!
苏珊!
Suzanne!
苏珊娜。
Suzanne.
这东西押韵,你看,有四个地方。
The thing rhymes, you see, in four places.
如果你能找到一个押韵的词…
And if you can get a rhyme to rhyme…
听我说,就像一首诗。
That, uh, makes it a poem, if you follow me.
是的,当然,但这是什么?
Yes, of course, but what is it?
《猩红色的紫罗兰》,作者是准男爵珀西·布莱克尼爵士。
“The Scarlet Pimpernel” by Sir Percy Blakeney, Baronet.
真的,这只是名字而已!
Really, that’s only the name!
嗯,去吧!
Well, go on!
“他们在这里寻找他,在那里寻找他。那些法国佬到处找他。
“They seek him here,They seek him there.Those Frenchies seek him everywhere.
“他在天堂吗?”
“Is he in heaven?
“是他…
“Is he in…
“那该死的难以捉摸的红花。
“That damned elusive Pimpernel.
那是不可思议的!它押韵!
That’s marvelous! It rhymes!
哦,是的!这是一首诗!
Oh yes! It’s a poem!
他们在这里找他,在那里找他。
“They seek him here, “They seek him there.
“那些法国佬到处找他。
“Those Frenchies seek him everywhere.
“他在天堂吗?”“是他…
“Is he in heaven? “Is he in…
“这该死的难以捉摸的红花蕊!”
“That damned elusive Pimpernel!
——哦,与众不同。——不可思议的!
– Oh, extraordinary. – Marvelous!
你喜欢吗?
You liked that?
好吧,我可以告诉另一个。
Well, I could tell another one.
咄!
Zounds!
那颜色好得吓人!
That’s a monstrous good color!
黑斯廷斯!
Hastings!
那件外套是谁做的?
Who made that coat?
小猎犬号♥&小猎犬。
Beagle & Beagle.
奇怪的血!
Odd’s blood!
如果他们不比我们的踏板大♥师♥强,就让我沉下去。
Sink me if they’re not better than our master Treadle.
-福尔克斯和杜赫斯特自♥由♥了。——逃?
– Ffoulkes and Dewhurst are free. – Escaped?
不,释放。他们马上就来。
No, released. They are coming here immediately.
当然,这就是他们被释放的原因。
Of course, that’s why they were released.
给我们留下线索。
To lead a trail to the rest of us.
午夜我将在图书馆。
I shall be in the library at midnight.
殿下……
His Royal Highness…
威尔士亲王。
The Prince of Wales.
女士们,请。
Ladies, please.
女士们,先生们,请。
Ladies, gentlemen, please.
啊,格伦维尔!
Ah, Grenville!
晚上好,女士们!
Good evening, ladies!
晚上好,先生们!
Good evening, gentlemen!
请,谢谢!
Please, please!
法国那边有什么消息吗,格伦维尔?
Any news from France, Grenville?
-最糟的,先生-国王?
– The worst, sir. – The King?
注定要失败的。
Doomed.
我们不能做点什么吗?
Can’t we do anything?
我们一个月前召回了我们的大使。
We recalled our ambassador a month ago.
肖夫林竟厚颜无♥耻♥地接受了我的邀请。
Chauvelin had the impudence to accept my invitation.
殿下会允许吗?
Will Your Highness permit?
Chauvelin先生,法国政♥府♥的非官方大使。
Monsieur Chauvelin the unofficial ambassador of the French government.
先生,我们会努力忘记派你来的政♥府♥。
Monsieur, we will try to forget the government who sent you.
把你当作我们的客人。
And look upon you as merely our guest.
一个来自法国的私人绅士。
A private gentleman from France.
先生,欢迎您的光临。
As such are you welcome, monsieur.
好了,女士们……

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!