– But Sir Percy… – It’s a crime, Treadle.
更糟糕的是,一个致命的错误。
Worse, a blunder.
而且对我的名誉也有致命的影响。
And quite, quite fatal to my reputation.
为什么要影响你的声誉?
Why to your reputation?
因为全世界都知道殿下是受我的喜好所左右的。
Because all the world knows that His Royal Highness is guided by my taste.
是的,是的,是的……珀西是研究大衣和裤子的专家。先生!
Yes, yes, yes… Percy is an expert on coats and britches, sir!
我是一个难以言表的奇迹。
I’m a very wonder with the inexpressibles.
是吗,特雷德尔?
Isn’t that so, Treadle?
是的,在某种程度上。
Well, yes, up to a point.
咄,踏板……你为什么要嫉妒得这么厉害?
Zounds, Treadle… Why must you be so cursed jealous?
看看这小袖子,这破花边。
Look at that puny sleeve that miserable dishrag of lace.
奇怪的鱼!
Odd’s fish!
看起来内衬是垂下来的。
Looks like the lining hanging down.
本来只是想剪平的。
It was only intended for a plain cut.
平原!就像牧师的寡妇一样丑。
Plain! it’s as ugly as a parson’s widow.
把袖子打开,伙计。
Open up your sleeves, man.
让你的褶边随风飘动。
Let your ruffles take the air.
让它们流淌,让它们泛起涟漪。
Let them flow, let them ripple.
这样一来,当殿下吸鼻烟的时候,就会有燕子飞来飞去了。
So that when His Royal Highness takes snuff it’ll be a swallows flight.
就是这样!
That’s it!
为什么,蒂米珀西……
Why, Timmy Percy…
你没脑子,没骨气,没用, 但你懂衣服。
You’re brainless, spineless, useless but you do know clothes.
奇怪的鱼!那真了不起,不是吗,先生?
Odd’s fish! That… That’s something, isn’t it, sir?
——Treadle! Treadle!
– Treadle! Treadle!
是的,殿下!
Yes, Your Highness!
别忘了珀西爵士是怎么说袖子的。
Don’t forget what Sir Percy says about about the sleeves.
——燕子的飞翔!-是的,殿下!
– A swallow’s flight! – Yes, Your Highness!
一只燕子的飞行。
Flight of, uh, a swallow.
来吧,来吧,先生们。
Come along, come along, gentlemen.
哦,对了,威尔莫特……
Oh, by the way, Wilmot…
肖夫林到了伦敦,有人监视他。
Chauvelin’s arrived in London have him watched.
我要去和王子决斗了。
I’m just off to the fight with the Prince.
-到那里向我汇报。——非常好。
– Report to me there. – Very good.
门多萨的昏昏沉沉的!
Mendoza’s groggy!
他……他所做的!
He… He’s done!
别相信,先生,他在耍诡计!
Don’t you believe it, sir. He’s foxing!
等到第30回合。
You wait until the 30th round.
我赌100几尼他撑不过两轮。
I’ll wager 100 guineas he won’t last two more rounds.
——完成了!-来吧,门多萨!
– Done! – Come on, Mendoza!
加油杰克逊!
Come on Jackson!
——你最好躲起来,珀西!-赫奇该死,我要加倍。
– You’d better hedge, Percy! – Hedge be damned, I’ll double.
——完成了!珀西一定是疯了!
– Done! – Percy must be mad!
门多萨的完成!
Mendoza’s finished!
起来,门多萨!
Get up, Mendoza!
他在哪里?
Where is he?
-他在哪儿?-他在你家。
– Where is he? – He’s at you house.
不,我不要!
No, I will not!
你曾经骗过我给你关于圣西尔侯爵的情报。
You tricked me once into giving you information about the Marquis de St. Cyr.
我永远也不会原谅自己。
I shall never forgive myself.
我受够了这种关于受迫♥害♥的可怜贵族的胡言乱语。
I’m sick of this sentimental twaddle about the poor persecuted aristocrats.
你忘了几个世纪以来他们对手无寸铁的农民做了什么吗?
Have you forgotten what they did to the defenseless peasantry for centuries?
这个圣西尔对你做了什么?
What this very St. Cyr did to you?
不,我没有。
No, I have not.
但我不是间谍。
But I’m no spy.
-这就是你的最后决定?——绝对!
– That is your last word? – Absolutely!
我想知道….
I wonder….
哦,顺便问一下,你哥哥阿尔芒怎么样了?
Oh, by the way, how’s your brother, Armand?
我希望很好。
Very well, I hope.
我也希望如此。
I hope so too.
但昨天他被捕了……
But yesterday he was arrested…
逮捕了吗?
Arrested?
在布伦。
At Boulogne.
对什么?
What for?
作为国家的叛徒。
As a traitor to his country.
叛徒?
Traitor?
你在撒谎,Chauvelin。
You’re lying, Chauvelin.
你又想骗我。
You’re trying to trick me again.
他犯罪的证据在我的口袋里。
I’ve the proof of his guilt in my pocket.
这张纸片一定会把你弟弟送上断头台的。
This scrap of paper will certainly send your brother to the guillotine.
当然,除非你想赎回它。
Unless, of course, you care to redeem it.
把花的名字告诉我,它就是你的了。
Bring me the name of the Pimpernel and it is yours.
但即使我想…
But even if I wanted to…
-我不知道!——找到它!
– I don’t know it! – Find it!
你有一群间谍,我怎么能帮你?
How can I if you can’t with an army of spies?
因为你到处走,认识他圈子里的每一个人。
Because you go everywhere and know everyone in his circle.
我就知道这么多。
That much I do know.
还有,他将会是明晚格伦维尔舞会的嘉宾之一。
And this also that he will be among the guests tomorrow night at the Grenville ball.
半个世界也会这样!
So will half the world!
这是不可能的!
This thing is impossible!
你是个聪明的女人,但你哥哥的生命却危在旦夕……
You’re a clever woman whose brother’s life is at stake
没有什么事是不可能的。
Nothing is impossible.
好吗?
Well?
不,Chauvelin……
No, Chauvelin…
我不会!
I won’t!
很好,夫人。
Very well, madam.
Chauvelin !
Chauvelin!
夫人?
Madam?
你发誓会把那张纸给我吗?
Do you swear to give me that paper?
在我抓住鲜红的紫罗兰花的那一刻。
The moment I catch the Scarlet Pimpernel.
咄!这个名字吗?
Zounds! That name again?
我在俱乐部一整天都没听到别的消息。战斗,现在就在这里。
I’ve heard nothing else all day at the club. the fight, and now here.
我抗♥议♥,那家伙是个公害。
I protest, the fellow is a public nuisance.
对不起,亲爱的。
I beg your pardon, my dear.
我打扰你吗?
Do I intrude?
不,不。
No, no.
这是我的老相识。
This is an old, uh, acquaintance.
肖夫林先生,法国大使。
Monsieur Chauvelin, the French Ambassador.
我的丈夫。
My husband.
迷住了,高兴,陶醉。
Charmed, delighted, enchanted.
非常聪明的种族,法国人。
Devilish clever race, the French.
他们怎么说他们那难以启齿的语言,真叫我受不了。
How they speak that unspeakable language of theirs defeats me.
你太抬举我们了,珀西爵士。
You flatter us, Sir Percy.
不,不,你的脑袋是世界上最聪明的。
No, no, you’ve got the cleverest heads in the world.
唯一的问题是……
The only trouble is…
你们都会脖子上挂着碎片。
You all go to pieces around the neck.
脖子上?
Around the neck?
是的,现在看看那个东西。
Yes, now look at that thing.
让我沉下去,真是一团糟!
Sink me, what a mess!
现在,如果你真的想知道如何打领结……
Now, if you’d really like to know how to tie a cravat
我将告诉你。
I’ll tell you.
但这并不容易,记住,这需要我所有的大脑。
But it isn’t easy, mind, it would take all my brains.
我肯定会的。
I’m sure it would.
是的,现在看这里。
Yes, now look here.
你看,首先这东西在脖子上绕了两圈。
Well, you see, first of all the thing goes twice around the neck.
然后前面折回来,让后面回到前面。
And then the front folds back to allow the back to come to the front.
否则前面就会和前面一样都是后面的。
Otherwise the front would be all behind as well as before.
珀西,你在说什么?
Percy, what are you talking about?
你不明白我的意思吗,亲爱的?
You don’t follow me, my dear?
我就是这么说的。
That’s exactly what I say.
这需要大脑,不是吗?
It takes brains, doesn’t it?
-看得出来。-是的,当然。
– One can see that. – Yes, of course.
再见,布莱克尼夫人。
Good day, Lady Blakeney.
不,不,别走。
Oh, no, no, don’t go.
你和我妻子一定有很多话要对彼此说。
You and my wife must have so much to say to each other.
我们有。
We have.
但我答应了自己明天晚上在格伦维尔勋爵的舞会上和布莱克尼夫人一起玩tête-á-tête。
But then I promised myself a little tête-á-tête with Lady Blakeney at Lord Grenville’s ball tomorrow night.
好。
Good.
那么,明天晚上。
Tomorrow night, then.
但在你走之前,你一定要听听我的诗,关于那个可恶的花男。
But before you go you must hear my verse about that cursed Pimpernel fellow.
你会喜欢它的!
You’ll love it!
听。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!