Sometimes new things stumble.
但我们会重新站起来
But we pick ourselves up…
而不是假装我们没犯错
instead of pretending that we didn’t fall.
所以我们要对外承认,我们的第一次军事干涉
So we’re going to say that,in our first military intervention,
出差错了吗?
we got it all wrong?
我们承认行动
We acknowledge the action…
但疏远我们的关系
but we distance ourselves.
这是我们的计划、我们的军队
It’s our plan, our forces.
我们要如何疏远关系?
How do we distance ourselves?
找代罪羔羊
By applying blame.
奥布莱恩博士
Dr O’Brien.
冲伯将军
General Tshombe.
我应该要说“欢迎来到我的国家
[Tshombe]I would say, “Welcome to my country.
把这里当作自己的家一样”
Make yourself at home,”
但看来你已经这么做了
but it appears you already have.
这个嘛,有些人
Well, there are those
可能会认为你有点草率
who might say you’re a little premature
迳自对你欢迎的人发号♥施令
in taking command of who you welcome.
你宁愿仍是我的前任掌权者吗?
Would you rather my predecessor was still in charge?
他只欢迎共♥产♥主义者
The only people he welcomed were the communists.
或许你宁愿我们将所有的钴
Or perhaps you would rather we send all our cobalt,
铜和铀都送给苏联?
copper and uranium to the USSR?
当然不是,将军
Of course not, General.
但你声称你所拥有的政♥权♥,并未经过人♥民♥投票认可
It’s just you haven’t been elected to the office you claim to hold.
我也只是说,卡坦加
I am merely saying that Katanga,
我的省区
my province,
再也不是刚果的一部分了
is no longer part of the Congo…
而我是卡坦加的总统
and I am its president.
是的,但这情况就好像德州在说
Yes, well, that’s a little like Texas
它再也不是美国的一部分
saying it’s no longer part of the USA,
它所拥有的原油资源,赋予它这么做的权力
that its oil gives it the power to do that.
事实上没有错
Factually, that would be correct.
它是墨西哥的一部分
They were part of Mexico.
是美国夺走德州这块土地
America land-grabbed Texas.
我希望能终止这场
Sir, I would like to see an end to the conflict
联♥合♥国♥在卡坦加和你的人马之间的纷争
between the United Nations and those loyal to you in Katanga.
那么就在联♥合♥国♥的会议上
Then recognize Katanga’s legitimate government and president
承认卡坦加的合法政♥府♥及总统
in a United Nations resolution.
这件事…根本就不切合实际
That’s… simply not being realistic.
你以为我们没有听到
Do you think we did not hear the rumors
关于卡坦加电台屠♥杀♥的传闻吗?
about the Radio Katanga massacre?
传闻?这个嘛…
Rumors? Well…
这是错误的消息 – 我可不这么认为
They’re inaccurate.-I don’t think so.
我认为联♥合♥国♥
I think the United Nations,
这个道德和正直的模范
this paragon of virtue and fairness…
处决了忠诚于我的人♥民♥
executed my loyalists.
嗯?
[Tshombe] Hm?
将军,我确信我们一定有方法
Sir, I’m sure we can find a way
恢复和平关系
to draw ourselves back from the brink.
那么就在联♥合♥国♥的会议上
Then recognize Katanga’s legitimate government and president
承认卡坦加的合法政♥府♥及总统
in a United Nations resolution.
这是不可能发生的
That’s simply not going to happen.
那没什么好说的了,奥布莱恩博士
Then enough of this, Dr O’Brien.
联♥合♥国♥从维持和平
The United Nations went from peacekeeping
变成强制和平
to peace enforcement.
你的任务彻底地失败了
And your mission has failed.
你忘了那群被你抛弃在野外的
Did you forget about your fellow Irishmen
爱尔兰士兵吗?
left out in the field?
你是什么意思?
What do you mean?
因为我可没有忘记他们
Because I didn’t.
我一点也没忘记他们
I didn’t forget about them at all.
我的士兵们已经卯足全力了,但我们的军力真的不够
My boys are giving everything they’ve got,but there’s just not enough of us.
我向你保证,明天你们就会有援军了
I give you my word, you’ll have reinforcements with you tomorrow.
我们会撑到最后,直到用尽最后一颗子弹
We’ll hold out until our last bullet’s spent.
我们真的需要那威士忌
We could do with that whiskey.
他们要攻击我们的弹♥药♥库!
[Quinlan]They’re going after the ammo hut!
动作快!
[soldier] Go, move!
把这搬出去,快点!
[Quinlan] Get this out of here! Go!
快走! – 跑啊!
[Quinlan] Go!-Run!
把这搬走
Grab this one.
整个晚上会炸个不停
That will be blowing up all night.
明天援军最好来支援我们 – 最好如此
We’d better get our reinforcements tomorrow.- We’d fucking better.
秘♥书♥长♥先生
[US Ambassador] Mr Secretary General,
鉴于你无力阻止刚果的内战
in view of your failure to prevent civil war in the Congo,
肯尼迪总统亲自联♥系♥我
President Kennedy has personally told me to insist
坚持美国应该介入
that the United States play a larger part
你执行不周的军事计划
in your mishandled military adventure.
请转告肯尼迪总统
Please tell President Kennedy
我很感激他的好意
that I appreciate the offer.
你很清楚吧,当初总理卢孟巴请求联♥合♥国♥介入时
[USSR Ambassador] You are aware that if you had responded sooner
若你早点回应他的请求
to Prime Minister Lumumba’s request for UN intervention,
我们就不会陷入今天这个局面了
we would not be where we are today.
我们还是有可能因为别的因素,而聚在这里
We might well have arrived here by other means.
冲伯将军到底同意停火了没?
Has General Tshombe even accepted a cease fire yet?
他还没有,这是我的首要目标
He has not. That’s my first priority.
谢谢各位
Thank you, gentlemen.
长官? – 直接联♥系♥冲伯
[aide] Sir?-Call Tshombe directly.
告诉他联♥合♥国♥秘♥书♥长♥
Tell him that the Secretary General of the United Nations
要直接飞到刚果与他会面
is flying to meet with him in the Congo.
看是否能获取他的注意
See if that gets his attention.
你有话要说吗?
Would you like to say a few words?
他们在水里下毒
They poisoned the water.
桶子里有多少水都通通取走,我们只剩那些了,马上去
Take what you can from the barrels.It’s all we have. Do it now.
库利,给我更多桶 – 是,长官
Cooley, get more buckets.-Yes, sir.
无线电!一定是援军打来的
Radio! That’ll be our reinforcements.
有听到什么吗?
What are you hearing?
没人听我们的呼叫,如果你是问这个的话
Nothing of ours, if that’s what you mean.
快走!
Let’s go!
我听见的是我的援军吗?
Is that my reinforcements I hear?
凯恩的人马在桥上
Kane’s platoon are at the bridge.
30人?说好的军队呢?
Thirty men? What happened to the battalion?
我们只能召集到这些人
It’s all we could get.
他们遭受猛烈攻击
They’re under heavy bombardment.
可能必须撤退
They may have to pull back.
我们唯一的希望就是你送补给过来
Our only hope is that you reach us!
我会试着跟他们说的
I’ll try to get through to them.
敌军人数比我们被告知的还要多!
We’re facing bigger numbers than we were advised!
我们必须撤退!
We have to pull out!
撤退!撤退!
Pull back! Pull back!
长官,麦肯提来电
Sir. McEntee.
弟兄们,守好你的位置
[Prendergast] Back to your positions.
我是昆兰 – 他们无法突破重围,派特
Quinlan.-[McEntee] They can’t break through, Pat.
敌军备有强大军♥火♥
The Gends have shored up with the big guns.
我们不是有一堆强大的火力吗,尚恩?
Don’t we have a load of big guns, Sean?
该死的联♥合♥国♥没有强大的火力吗?
Don’t the United-fucking-Nations have a load of big guns?
就算有也送不到你那里
Not that we can get to you.
做好准备!
[Prendergast] Get ready!
你是让我们在这里等死
You’re hanging us out to dry.
告诉我,你没这个意思
Tell me you’re not.
他们分成小组!瞄准他们的火力点!
[Prendergast] They’re splitting into platoons! Target their heavy guns!
开火!
Open fire!
将军,告诉我该怎么办
Tell me what I’m supposed to do, General.
将军!
General!
执行你的命令,指挥官
Carry out your orders, Commandant.
坚守你的阵地
Hold your ground.
保卫雅多♥维♥尔
Defend Jadotville.
用什么保卫?用硬话吗?
With what? A firm tone?
弹♥药♥!
Ammo!
这里需要弹♥药♥!
We need more ammo over here!
瞄准再打!
[soldier] Make it last!
否则,我要开始收每颗打偏的子弹的费用!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!