I mean in the line. What did he say?
我是问排队的时候 他说什么了
I ain’t gonna repeat it. That doesn’t seem fair.
我不想重复 似乎没说清楚
Don’t seem fair? No.
没说清楚 是的
Here I am telling you
我在告诉你
a bona fide blood-and-guts tale from the big house,
一个真实血腥的监狱故事
the genuine article,
如假包换
and I can’t get you to fill in the blanks about
我没法理解你怎么会不知道
what the nigger said?
那黑鬼说了什么
Do you have to use that word? Use that word?
你一定要用那词吗 用那词
Yes. We ain’t making much progress here, is we?
是的 我们到现在还没什么进展 是吗
It just seems unnecessary.
似乎没必要用那词
You don’t want to hear “Nigger,”
你不想听到”黑鬼”这个词
but you about to bail out on me
而是否定我
’cause I won’t tell you some ugly shit the nigger said?
因为我不告诉你 黑鬼说了什么狗屁话
Is you sure about this?
你是这样想的吗
I just don’t see why you have to use that word.
我只是不明白为什么你一定要用那词
It’s my story, ain’t it?
那是我的故事 不是吗
Anyway, I don’t remember there being no African-Americans
总之 我想不起来那里有非裔美国人
or people of color in there.
或其他有色人种
To my recollection there was only a bunch of niggers!
在我的记忆里 那里只有一群黑鬼
Go ahead.
继续说吧
Now at some point
那时
I musta pulled the knife out and…
我肯定是拔出刀
and dropped on the floor somewhere.
扔到地上某个角落
Meanwhile, I’m still wailing on this nigger’s head,
同时 我还继续砸着黑鬼的头
but his friend has got ahold of me from behind.
但他的朋友从后面把我拽开
But I got one hand on the rail
但我一只手抓住栏杆
so I ain’t going nowhere.
所以他拉不动
But what I don’t know is that this dude
但没想到这家伙
musta picked up the knife
他肯定捡起了刀
and he’s trying to gut me.
想刺我肚子
I felt the blood. I turned around
我感到自己在流血 我转过身
and I bust him in the head.
我砸爆了他的脑袋
And he went skittering off across the floor.
他就像死鱼一样滑过了地板
And by now somebody done pushed the button
此时有人按响了紧急按钮
and the alarm is going.
警报大作
Everybody’s down on the floor
每个人都趴在地上
and we in lockdown.
我们进入了高度戒备状态
The guard up on the rail…
围栏上的警卫
He got his shotgun pointed at me
他用散♥弹♥枪♥指着我
and he’s hollering,
叫喊道
“You! Get on the floor and drop the weapon!”
你 趴在地上 放下武器
He’s about to shoot me when the lieutenant tells him,
当中尉叫他之时 他差点对我开枪
“Hold your fire! You! Throw down that club!”
别开枪 你 扔掉那根棍子
I looked around,
我环顾四周
and I was the only one standing.
发现只有我一人站着
I see the nigger’s feet
我看到那黑鬼
sticking out from under the counter
在柜台下面蠕动着
where he’d done crawled.
只有脚伸了出来
So I throwed the thing down.
我就扔了那玩意
I don’t remember much after that.
之后的事我没印象了
They… they told me
他们 他们告诉我
I had lost almost half my blood.
我几乎流了体内一半的血
I remember slipping around in it,
我记得滑倒在血泊里
but I thought it was the other dude’s.
但我以为那是其他人的
Did the man die?
那男的死了吗
No, he didn’t.
不 没死
Everybody lived.
每个人都活着
They thought he was dead, but he wasn’t.
他们以为他死了 但他没死
He wasn’t right after that,
他此后不是很好
so I ain’t really had no more trouble out of him.
我和他没再有过麻烦
He walked around with his head kinda to the side,
他走起路来头歪在一边
lost one eye,
瞎了一只眼睛
arm’s hanging down, didn’t talk right.
手臂下垂 说话不利索
They shipped him off to another facility.
他们把他转移到了另一个地方
But that’s not the whole story.
但那不是故事的全部
No, it ain’t. So what happened?
是没说全 又发生了什么
I woke up in the infirmary.
我在医务室里醒来
They had already done operated on me.
他们已经给我做完手术
My spleen was cut open,
我的脾脏破了
liver, I don’t know what all.
还有肝脏 不知道其他还有什么
I come pretty close to dying.
我那时真快死了
I had 280 stitches holding me together
身上共缝了280针
and, whoo, I was hurting.
我饱受折磨
I didn’t know you could hurt that much.
我不知道会那么痛苦
And still they had me in leg irons
他们还给我戴上脚镣
and had me handcuffed to the bed,
再把我铐在床上
do you believe that?
你能相信吗
Now as I lay there,
正当我躺在那里
I heard this voice just as clear,
我清晰地听到声音
couldn’t have been no clearer.
非常清晰
And the voice said,
那声音说道
“If it was not for the grace of God
如果不是上帝的恩典
you would not be here.”
你不会在这里
Man, I tried to sit up
我的老天 我试着坐起来
and look around, but I couldn’t.
四周看看 但我起不来
Wasn’t no need to nohow, ’cause wasn’t nobody there.
实际上也没必要 因为那里根本没人
I mean, there was somebody there all right,
我的意思 如果那里有人的话
but wasn’t no need for
但没必要
me looking around to see if I could see him.
让我到处找 是不是找得到他
You don’t think this is a strange kind of story?
你不觉得这故事奇怪吗
Yeah, I do think it’s a strange kind of story.
是的 我是觉得很奇怪
No, what I mean is that
不 我的意思是说
you didn’t feel sorry for this man.
你没感觉对不起那人
Oh, you getting ahead of the story.
你思路超前了
The story of how a fellow inmate
这故事是说一个囚犯
became a crippled one-eyed halfwit
怎么变成了残废的独眼龙
so that you could find God.
那样你就找到了上帝
Well, isn’t it?
不是吗
I don’t know. You hadn’t thought of it that way?
我不知道 你没那样想过吗
Oh yeah, hell, I thought of it that way.
对 见鬼 我这样想过
Well, isn’t that the true story?
这是个真实的故事吗
Look, Professor,
听着 教授
I don’t want to get on the wrong side of you.
我不想让你生气
And you seem to have a powerful wish
你似乎非常希望
for that to be the story,
那只是个故事
so I got to say that is one way of looking at it.
我得说那可以是个观点
I gotta concede that.
我可以让步
Gotta keep you interested.
可以保持你的兴趣
String me along. You all right with that?
糊弄我 你可以接受吗
And then put me in the… What is it? The trick bag?
接着把我放进 怎么说来着 圈套吗
Yeah. Right.
是的 那就对了
You got to remember
你得记住
this is a jailhouse story. All right.
这是监狱的故事 好吧
Which you specifically asked for. All right.
那你特别要求的 好吧
The point is, Professor,
问题的关键是 教授
I ain’t got the first notion in the world
我不是世上第一个人想揣摩
about what makes God tick.
上帝的意图
I don’t know why he spoke to me.
我不知道他为什么和我说话
I know I wouldn’t have. But you listened.
我知道我不会明白 但你听到了
What choice would you have? I don’t know.
那还有选择吗 我不知道
Not listen.
不去听
You think he goes around talking to people
你觉得如果他一开始就知道
he knows ain’t gonna listen to him in the first place?
人们没在听的话 还会到处传播福音吗
You think he got that kind of free time?
你认为他有那闲工夫吗
Why is it you people can’t just accept it
为什么你们就不能接受
that some people don’t even want to believe in God?
有些人不想信奉上帝呢
I can accept that. You can?
我可以接受 你可以吗
Sure I can. Meaning I believe that to be a fact.
当然可以 我相信那是事实
I mean I’m looking at it every day,
我每天都看到此类事

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!