凯西奥,你放心吧
I’ll have my lord and you again as friendly as you were.
我一定尽力替你说情就是了 我一定会设法使我的丈夫对你恢复原来的友谊
Madam, whatever shall become of michael cassio, he’s never
大恩大德的夫人 无论迈克尔·凯西奥将来会有什么成就
anything but your true servant.
他永远是您的忠实的仆人
Ha! I like not that.
嘿!我不喜欢那种样子
What dost thou say?
你说什么?
Nothing, my lord, or if, I know not what.
没有什么,主帅 要是—我不知道
How now, my lord?
怎么样了现在,我的夫君?
I have been talking with a suitor here.
刚才有人在这儿向我请托
A man that languishes in your displeasure.
一个失去你欢心的人
Who is’t you mean?
你说的是谁?
Why, your lieutenant cassio.
额,是你的副将凯西奥
Went he hence now?
那么现在他走了?
I’ sooth so humbled that he hath left part of his grief with me
嗯,是的 他是那样满含着羞愧
to suffer with him.
使我也不禁对他的遭遇感到同情的悲哀
Good love, call him back.
爱人,叫他回来吧
Some other time.
过些时候吧
– Shall’t be shortly? – The sooner, sweet, for you.
-可是那不会太久吗? -亲爱的,为了你的缘故,我会尽早的
– Shall’t be tonight at supper? – No, not tonight.
-今晚吃晚饭的时候,行吗? -不,今晚不行
Tomorrow dinner then?
那么明天午餐?
I shall not dine at home.
那时我不会在家里吃饭
I meet the captains at the citadel.
我要跟将领们在营中会面
Why then, tomorrow night. I prithee name the time.
那么明天晚上吧 求你定个时间
No more. Let him come when he will.
好了,不要说下去了 他想来时就行
I will deny thee nothing.
我不会拒绝你提出的任何东西
Whereon I do beseech thee
可是现在你必须要你答应我
grant me this to leave me but a little to myself.
离开我一会
Shall I deny you? No. Farewell, my lord.
我会拒绝您的要求吗? 再会,我的夫君
– My noble lord. – What dost thou say, lago?
-尊贵的主帅 -你说什么,伊阿古?
Did michael cassio, when you wooed my lady,
当您向夫人求婚的时候
know of your love?
迈克尔·凯西奥也知道你们在恋爱吗?
He did, from first to last. Why dost thou ask?
知道,他从头到尾都知道 你为什么问这个?
But for a satisfaction of my thought, no further harm.
不过是为了解释我心头的一个疑惑 并没有其他用意
Why of thy thought, lago?
你有什么疑惑,伊阿古?
I did not think he had been acquainted with her.
我以为他本来跟夫人是不相识的
O, yes, and went between us very oft.
啊,不,他常常在我们两人之间传递消息
– Indeed? – Indeed? Ay, indeed.
-真的吗? 真的吗?啊,千真万确
Discern’st thou aught in that? Is he not honest?
你觉得有什么不对吗? 他这人不老实吗?
– Honest, my lord? – Honest? Ay, honest!
-老实,我的主帅? -老实!嗯,老实
My lord, for aught I know.
主帅,照我所知道的
What dost thou think?
你有什么意见?
Think, my lord?
意见?我的主帅!
Think. Thou dost mean something.
意见,你说这些肯定意味着什么
I heard thee say even now, thou lik’st not that,
刚才凯西奥离开我的妻子的时候
when cassio left my wife.
我听见你说,你不喜欢那种样子
If thou dost love me show me thou thought.
要是你爱我,把你所想到的事告诉我吧
My lord, you know I love you.
主帅,您知道我是爱您的
I think thou dost.
我相信你的话
For michael cassio, I dare
讲到迈克尔·凯西奥
be sworn, I think he is honest. I think so, too.
-我敢发誓我相信他是忠实的 -我也这样想
Men should be what they seem.
人们的内心应该跟他们的外表一致
Certain, men should be what they seem.
不错,人们的内心应该跟他们的外表一致
Why then, I think cassio’s an honest man.
所以我想凯西奥是个忠实的人
Nay, yet there’s more in this?
你的话有更多的含义吧?
I prithee speak to me as to thy thinkings.
你能不能把你的意思明白地告诉我
Good name in man and woman,
无论男人女人
dear my lord, is the immediate jewel of their souls.
我的好主帅,名誉是他们灵魂里面最切身的珍宝
Who steals my purse steals trash; ‘this something, nothing.
谁偷窃我的钱囊,不过偷窃到一些废物 只不过是一些虚无的东西
Twas mine, ’tis his, and has been slave to thousands.
它只是从我的手里转到他的手里 而它也曾做过千万人的奴隶
But he that flinches from me my good name robs me of
可是谁偷去了我的名誉
that which not enriches him and makes me poor indeed.
那么他虽然并不因此而富足 我却因为失去它而成为赤贫了
By heaven, I’ll know thy thoughts.
凭着上天起誓,我一定要知道你的思想
Beware, my lord, of jealousy! It is the green-eyed monster,
啊,主帅,您要留心嫉妒啊 那是一个绿眼的妖魔
which doth mock the meat it feeds on.
谁做了它的牺牲,就要受它的玩弄
That cuckold lives in bliss who, certain of his fate,
被妻子欺骗的丈夫看上去很幸福
loves not his wronger.
他相信自己的命运 坚定相信自己的爱是对的
But o, what damned minutes tells he over who dotes,
但是,嗨,哪个见鬼的时间告诉他所溺爱的人
yet doubts, suspects, yet fondly loves!
仍然值得怀疑和猜测、和天真的爱!
Why? Why is this?
什么?咦,这是什么意思?
Think’st thou I’d make a life of
你以为我会在嫉妒里销磨我的一生
jealousy to follow still the changes of the moon with
随着每一次月亮的变化 发生一次新的猜疑吗?
fresh suspicions? No, lago, I’ll see before I doubt.
不,伊阿古,我有一天感到怀疑 就要把它立刻解决
When I doubt, prove. I speak not yet of proof.
-当我怀疑的时候,证明 -我还不能给您确实的证据
Look to your wife. Observe her well with cassio.
注意尊夫人的行动 留心观察她对凯西奥的态度
I know our country disposition well.
我知道我们国里娘儿们的脾气
In venice they do let heaven
在威尼斯她们背着丈夫干的风流活剧
see the pranks they dare not show their husbands.
是不瞒天地的 她们不敢让自己的丈夫知道
Their best conscience is not to leave’t undone but kept unknown.
她们知道的最多的就是 不是不干,只要不被发现就行
Dost thou say so?
你真的这样说吗?
She did deceive her father, marrying you.
她当初跟您结婚 曾经骗过她的父亲
And when she seemed to shake and fear your looks,
当她好像对您的容貌战栗畏惧的时候
she loved them most.
她的心里却在热烈地爱着它
And so she did.
她正是这样
Why, go to then! She that so young could give out such a
呵,想想吧! 她这样小小的年纪,就有这般能
seeming to seel her father’s eyes up close as oak.
做作得不露一丝破绽 把她父亲的眼睛完全遮掩过去
He thought ’twas witchcraft. But I am much to blame.
使他疑心您用妖术把她骗走
I humbly do beseech you of my pardon for too much loving you.
可是我不该说这种话 请您原谅我对您的过分的忠心吧
I’m bound to thee forever.
我永远感激你的好意
I see this hath a little dashed your spirit.
我看这件事情有点儿令您扫兴
Not a jot, not a jot.
一点不,一点不
Trust me, I fear it has.
真的,我怕您在生气啦
I hope you will consider what is spoke comes from my love.
我希望您把我这番话当作善意的警戒
Cassio’s my worthy friend.
凯西奥是我要好的朋友
My lord, I see you’re moved!
可是我看您真的在动怒啦,我的主帅!
No, not much moved.
不,没怎么动怒
I do not think but desdemona’s honest.
我怎么也不能不相信苔丝狄蒙娜是贞洁的
Long live she so. And long live you to think so.
但愿她永远如此!但愿您永远这样想!
And yet, how nature erring from itself
可是一个人往往容易迷失本性
ay, there’s the point, as to
嗯,问题就在这儿
be bold with you, not to affect many proposed matches
说句大胆的
of her own clime, complexion, and degree.
当初多少跟她同国族、同肤色、同阶级的人向她求婚
One may smell in such a will most rank, foul disproportions,
照我们看来,要是成功了,那真是天作之合
thought unnatural.
可是她都置之不理,这明明是违反常情的举动
My lord, I would I might entreat your honor to scan this thing
我的主帅,我希望你不要在多想这个事情
no further. Leave it to time.
把它留给时间去证明
Farewell.
再会
Leave me, lago.
让我单独待一会,伊阿古
How now, my dear Othello?
感觉怎么样,我亲爱的奥赛罗?
My lord, I take my leave.
我的主帅,我这就离开
Are you not well?
你感到不舒服?
I have a pain upon my forehead here.
我的前额感到很疼
Why, that’s with watching.
额,那一定是因为睡少的缘故
It will away again.
很快就会好的
Let me but bind it hard, within hours it will be well.
让我替您绑紧了,一小时内就可以痊愈
Your napkin is too little. Let it alone!
你的手帕太小了 随它去!
I have a thing for you.
我有一件好东西给你
You have a thing for me?
一件好东西给我?
It is a common thing to have a foolish wife.
娶了一个愚蠢的老婆真是一件愚蠢的事情
O, is that all? What will you
啊!只落得这句话吗?
give me now for that same handkerchief?
要是我现在把那方手帕给了你 你给我什么东西?
What handkerchief?
什么手帕?
That which so often you did bid me to steal.
就是你经常说要我去偷的那块手帕
Give it me.
给我吧
If it be not for some purpose of import, give’t me again.
要是没有重要的用途,还是把它还了我吧
Poor lady, she’ll run mad.
可怜的夫人! 她失去这方手帕,准要发疯了
I have use for it. Leave me.
我自有用处,走,让我一个人待会
How now, general?
啊,怎么,主帅!
I swear ’tis better to be much
我发誓,与其被人耍
abused than but to know’t a little.
也不愿意知道得不明不白
– My lord! – Is my lord angry?
-我的夫君! -主帅生气了?
He went hence but now, and certainly in strange unquietness.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!