像小狗在地上打滚
like puppies wrestling on the floor.
那真是最令人难以置信的…
It was the most incredible…
最令人难以置信的事
it was the most incredible thing.
他们属于彼此
They belonged to each other.
他们互相认识 虽然没有正式介绍
They knew each other. There was no formal introduction.
我是说 当你第一次见到某人时
I mean, when you meet somebody for the first time
你不会和他们在地板上滚来滚去
you don’t end up rolling around on the floor with them.
这真是完全不可思议
It was truly not fully believable.
即使它正在发生 它仍然是脱离现实的
Even though it was happening it was still surreal.
你觉得你在做梦
You think you’re dreaming.
你看着 仍然会说 “哦 我的天”
You’re looking and you’re still “Oh my God.”
你看另一个 “哦 我的天”
You look at the other one, “Oh my God.”
然后你意识到他们也在看你
And then you realize that they’re looking at you
或者其他人也在看你
or everybody else is looking at you too.
一次让所有三个人都在家里…
To have all three of them in the house at one time…
那…真的很疯狂
It… it was really madness.
我当时震惊 震惊 再震惊
My emotions were shock, shock and more shock.
我是说 我无法解释
I mean, I can’t explain it,
我找不到语言
I haven’t got the terminology.
我们的一位记者跑到我面前说
One of our reporters came running over to me and said
“你不会相信的”
“You’re not gonna believe this,
“你不会相信我们刚刚接到的电♥话♥”
“you are not gonna believe the call we just got.
“你知道今天头版上的两个孩子吗?”
“You know the two kids on the front page today?
“好吧 还有第三个”
“Well, there’s a third.”
他们甚至以同样的方式活动
They even moved the same way.
我们所有人都坐了下来
All of us just sat back
看着三个独♥立♥的生命融为一体
and watched three separate lives becoming one.
用我的话说
The way I put it was
我看起来更像艾迪而不是大卫
I looked more like Eddy than I did David,
又更像大卫而不是艾迪
and more like David than I did Eddy,
也比他们任何一个都更像另一个
and more like either of them than they did like each other.
你能想象吗?
Does that make sense?
然后我们开始相互交流
And then we started comparing notes.
19岁的孩子交流什么呢?
What do 19-year-olds compare?
酒 香烟 食物 女人 音乐 汽车
Booze, cigarettes, food, women, music, cars.
我刚买♥♥了一辆全新的水星卡普里 我超爱
I had just brought a brand new Mercury Capri, which I loved.
而鲍比有一辆 酒红的老旧的沃尔沃
And Bobby had this, Maroon beat up old Volvo
有着破旧的真皮座椅 我就想
with cracked leather seats and I’m thinking,
“嗯 一位著名斯卡斯代尔医生的儿子 嗯?”
“Hmm, son of a prominent Scarsdale physician, huh?”
我想是艾迪说的
I think it was Eddy who said
最开始
right at the beginning,
“我不知道这会是好事还是坏事”
“I don’t know if this will turn out to be great or terrible.”
所以 一直有一个问号♥ 一个很大的问号♥
So, there was always a question mark, a big question mark,
关于故事究竟会怎样发展
about where the story eventually was going.
在此之前我们都没有意识到
We didn’t realize from then on
生活会发生多大变化
just how much things were going to change.
这是我迄今见到的最引人注目的故事之一
‘Now one of the most remarkable stories I’ve seen in some time:
一个三胞胎的故事
‘a story about triplets.
艾迪 罗伯特和大卫在19年后重聚
‘Eddy and Robert and David reunited after 19 years.’
我们有一个三胞胎的故事 让我们重新认识了这个词
‘We have a story about triplets that gives new meaning
“久违兄弟”
‘to the phrase long lost brothers.’
我们一起经历一切一切
We went on everything. Everything.
你看到的不是两个一样的人
‘You’re not seeing double
你可能突然间看到三个
‘you are perhaps in a moment going to be seeing triple.’
我不知道这里谁是谁
‘I don’t know who’s who here.
来吧 先生们 来吧
‘Come on out here, gentlemen, come on out.’
你只是会停下你在做的事
You just had to stop what you’re doing
然后在每个不同的节目上看他们
and watch them on every different show.
仿佛出现了一个马戏团 一个媒体马戏团
It became a circus, it became a media circus.
就像病毒 我是说…它随后蔓延开来
Talk about viral, I mean this was… it was viral even then.
你们占据了每家报纸的头版
‘You guys have been on the front page of every newspaper
世界范围的 – 是的
‘in the world.’ – ‘True.’
《人物杂♥志♥》 《时代杂♥志♥》
“People Magazine”, “Time Magazine”,
甚至是《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》 《好管家》
even the “New York Times”, “Good Housekeeping”.
大卫 从你说起吧
‘David, let’s begin with you.
哪一个是大卫? 我总是忘记
‘Which one’s David, I keep forgetting?’
你是爱德华? – 对
‘You’re Edward?’ – ‘Right.’
好吧 你是谁 是大卫吗?
‘OK, who are you, are you David?’
我是鲍比 – 哦 你是…抱歉
‘I’m Bobby.’ – ‘Oh, you’re… I’m sorry.
你是罗伯特 好的 罗伯特和爱德华
‘You’re Robert, all right. Robert and Edward.’
拜托
‘Come on.’
这是个童话般的故事
It was a fairy tale story.
人们需要听到美妙的事情
And people need to hear wonderful things.
这三个年轻人
‘These three young men,
他们坐姿都一样
‘they’re all seated in the same position.’
这真的很奇妙 他们曾是完全的陌生人
It was kind of amazing. They really were strangers.
他们看起来彼此相同
They looked identical to each other
但他们是陌生人 对吧?
but they were strangers, right?
你知道 他们真的不认识
You know, they really didn’t know one another.
但他们的行为非常相似
But their behaviors were so similar.
我们的生活惊人的相似
‘Our lives are parallel to a phenomenal degree.
太戏剧性了
‘It’s, it’s ridiculous.’
只要讨论到我们的个性 我们都一样
‘We’re all the same, as soon as we started discussing our personalities.’
个性是一样的 我们的姿势是一样的
‘Personalities are the same, our gestures are the same.’
我们总是同时谈话
‘We always talk at the same time.’
我说开头 他能说结尾
‘I’ll start a sentence and he’ll finish it.’
我们都喜欢中国菜
‘We all like Chinese food.’
你们都曾是摔跤运动员吗?
‘You were all wrestlers at one time?’
是的
‘Yes.’
你们抽同一个牌子的香烟?
‘You all smoke the same brand of cigarettes?’
是的
‘Yes.’
你们抽什么样的香烟?
‘What kind of cigarettes do you smoke?’
万宝路
‘Marlboro.’
你们都抽这一个牌子吗?
‘Do you all smoke the same brand?’
是的
‘Yes.’
你们喜欢一样的颜色吗? – 是的
‘Do you like the same colors?’ – ‘Yes.’
我很好奇 他们对女人的品味如何
‘Yeah, I was curious, how’s their taste in women,
那一样吗? – 是的 当然
‘is it similar?’ – ‘Yes. Definitely.’
似乎他们都喜欢熟♥女♥
It seems they all liked older women.
有人说你们都喜欢熟♥女♥
‘Somebody said you all liked older women.’
好吧…
‘Well…’
另一个令人惊讶的巧合
‘Another astonishing coincidence
是每个人家里都有一个领养的姐姐
‘is that each of the brothers grew up with an adoptive sister,
所有的女孩现在都21岁了
‘all the girls now 21 years old.’
我告诉你们 我无法解释
‘I can’t get over it, I tell you.’
一系列非同寻常的巧合
‘An extraordinary string of coincidences
你们都不得不认同 对吧?
‘you all have to agree, right?’
这很美
‘It’s beautiful.’
你说你们彼此相爱
‘You say you love each other,
但是你们才认识这么短的时间
‘but you’re only known each other for such a short time.’
没关系 我一出生就认识他们了
‘Doesn’t matter, I’ve known them my whole life.’
你们用了多久有那种感觉?
‘How long did it take for you to have that feeling?’
就像这样
‘Like that.’
他们更像克隆人
They were more like clones
而不像兄弟
than they were like brothers.
这非常令人震惊 因为他们成长在
It was just absolutely astounding because they grew up
似乎完全不同的家庭
it would appear to be pretty different households.
我们被一个蓝领家庭
We’d been adopted by a blue-collar family,
一个中产阶级家庭和一个比较富裕的家庭领养
a middle-class family and a more affluent family.
鲍比的父母 他的父亲是一名医生
Bobby’s parents, Bobby’s father was a medical doctor.
他的母亲是一名律师
And his mother was an attorney.
所以他们受过良好的教育 他们生活在
So they were very well educated and they were living
本国最负盛名的地区之一
in one of the most prestigious areas of the country.
艾迪的父亲是一名教师 他接受过大学教育
Eddy’s father was a teacher, he had a college education.
他们生活在被认为是
And they lived in what would be considered
一个中产阶级社区
a middle-class neighborhood.
我的家庭受教育程度最低
My family on paper were the least educated,
他们是移♥民♥ 英语是他们的第二语言
they were immigrants, English was a second language to them,
他们有一个小商店
they had a little store,
他们更像是蓝领家庭
they were the more blue-collar family.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!