“这家伙 这家伙有一个孪生兄弟”
“this guy, this guy has a twin brother,
“他是被领养的 我们要去长岛看看…”
“he was adopted and we’re going to Long Island to go see…”
而且 而且 那个家伙说 “是的 没错” 你知道的
And, and, and the guy was, “Yeah, right.” You know.
“这是你的罚单 祝你们美好的一天”
“Here’s, here’s your ticket have a good day.”
我们去了长岛
And on to Long Island we went.
然后 我们到了那里
So, we got there.
但那是半夜
But it’s like, the middle of the night.
那是一个非常安静的社区
And it’s this really quiet neighborhood.
然后 我们下了车
So, we get out of the car.
沿着一条小路走到房♥子那
And walk up this little path to the house.
房♥子里的灯亮着
And the lights were on in the house.
然后我伸手去敲门
And I reached out to knock on the door
当我正要敲门时 门开了
and as I reached out to knock on the door it opens.
我来了
And there I am.
他的眼睛跟我一样 我的眼睛跟他的一样
His eyes were my eyes and my eyes were his eyes
这是真的
and it’s true.
他们看起来完全一样
They looked exactly alike.
他们复♥制♥了彼此
They’re duplicates of each other.
毫无疑问 他们是双胞胎
There was no doubt in my mind that they were twins.
他说 “哦 我的天” 我说 “哦 我的天”
He’s going, “Oh my God.” I’m going, “Oh my God.”
他说 “老天啊” 我说 “老天啊”
He’s going, “Holy crap.” I’m going, “Holy crap.”
他们只是看着对方 然后动来动去…
They just looked at each other and they moved…
当鲍比摇头时 艾迪也摇头
Every time Bobby moved his head, Eddy moved
然后艾迪在动 鲍比也跟着动
and then Eddy would move and then Bobby would move,
就像 就像他们在照镜子
like, like they were looking at a mirror.
那真是最奇怪的事情
It was the weirdest thing.
就像这世界逐渐消失
It was like the world faded away,
只剩下我和艾迪
and it was just me and Eddy.
我在新闻编辑室 正是忙碌的一天
So, I’m in the newsroom, it’s the middle of a busy day,
我们接到一个电♥话♥
we got a call from somebody
说他们有一个惊人的故事告诉我们
who says they have an amazing story to tell us,
我们不相信这个故事
we are not gonna believe this story,
我的第一反应是 “啊 这是骗局”
and my first reaction, “Ah, it’s a hoax.”
所以 我告诉记者 “我要租一架飞机”
So, I told our reporter, “I wanna rent a plane.”
那时候 我们有足够的钱来做这件事
In those days we had enough money to do this.
“我要租一架飞机 我要马上面对面见到这两个孩子”
“I wanna rent a plane, I wanna see these two kids face to face
“不然我不会相信”
“or I don’t believe this.”
我们的记者飞到沙利文社区学院
We flew the journalist up to Sullivan Community College
他打电♥话♥给我 “霍华德 这是真的 这是真的”
and he called me and he said, “Howie, it’s true, it’s true.
我记得我说 “哦 我的天 这是一个很棒的故事”
And I remember saying, “Oh my God, this is a great story.
“这是一个值得纪念的暖心的故事”
“This is a memorable heart-warming story.”
然后故事从难以置信变为不可思议
And then the story went from being amazing to incredible, OK,
从难以置信变为不可思议
from amazing to incredible.
我在纽约地铁站
I was on the New York Subway.
晚上很晚了
Quite late at night.
读了一篇关于两个男孩发现彼此的文章
Read an article about two boys who found each other.
一对双胞胎在出生时被分开
That were twins separated at birth
然后找到了彼此
and found each other
在沙利文县社区学院
at Sullivan County Community College.
没有照片 但这个故事很吸引人
There was no picture, but the story was fascinating.
我回到家 然后睡觉了
I came home, and went to sleep.
我母亲走进房♥间
My mother came into the room
并说 “醒醒 醒醒 我必须给你看样东西”
and said, “Wake up, wake up, I have to show you something.”
她给我看了一份报纸
And she shows me a newspaper
有两个男孩的照片
with a picture of two boys
我不得不集中精神 我看着照片
and I had to like, focus and I looked at the photograph
我问 “是大卫吗?”
and I said, “Is that David?”
她说 “不 但是看看他们手”
And she’s like, “No, but look at the hands.”
而我说 “天呐 这太难以置信了”
And I was like, “Holy mackerel. This is beyond amazing.”
报纸上印有一张两人照片
It was a picture in the newspaper of two guys,
是“邮报”上的 我拿起照片
in the “Post” and I picked up the picture
我看着它
and I looked at it,
我很震惊
and I was like in shock,
因为“邮报”上的两个人看起来完全 完全
cos the two guys in the “Post” looked exactly, exactly
像我的朋友大卫 我盯着它看
like, like my friend David. I stared at it.
那不仅仅是他们的长相
And it wasn’t even just the look on their face.
还有他们举手的方式
It was the way that they were holding their hands.
他们有着又大又肉的手 跟大卫的一样
They have these big meaty hands. And David always had this,
看起来像棒球手套的手
these hands that looked like baseball mitts.
当我看到他们的手时 我以为那是大卫
And when I saw their hands, I just knew that this is David.
那是一个平常的日子
It was just a normal day.
我去上学 遇到我的哥们艾伦
I got to school, ran into my buddy Alan.
他说 “大卫 看看这个”
He said, “David, take a look at this.”
他拿了一份《纽约邮报》的副本
And he’s got a copy of the “New York Post”.
然后 呃…他打开它
And, er… he opens it up
并说 “看看这个”
and says, “Look at this.
“看 看起来很熟悉?” 就是那种感觉
“Look, look familiar?” Something to that effect.
我说 “是的 没错 当然”
And I said, “Yeah, right. Sure.”
但后来我们仔细看了一下
But then we looked at it a little bit more closely.
是一篇文章 报道了
It was an article, it said,
“一对双胞胎在19年后重新团聚”
“Twins reunited after more than 19 years.”
上面有一张看起来像我的两人照片
And it had a picture of two of what looked like me.
时间突然静止了
It all started to sink in.
“天呐 哦 我的天”
“Holy shit, oh my God.
“你? 这是…这是不可能的”
“Do you? This is un… this is not believable,
“这是 这真不可思议 哇哦!”
“this is, this is unbelievable. Wow!
“这是大事 这很严肃”
“This is big, this is serious,
“这不是什么疯狂的巧合”
“this is just not some kind of crazy coincidence.
“这不是一个小小的相似”
“This is not a minor resemblance.
“这是真的 这种事发生了”
“This is real, this is happening,
“这真的非常非常严肃”
“this is really, really serious.”
我逃课赶回家
I ditched classes and got home.
我妈妈在厨房♥的桌子旁等着
My mother was waiting at the kitchen table
拿着一杯咖啡
with a cup of coffee.
我说 “妈妈 你看到了吗?”
And I said, “Mom, you see this?”
她说 “你看到了吗?” 我们就交换了报纸
She said, “You see this?” And we kinda exchanged newspapers.
上面写着 “…出生于长岛犹太医院”
It had, “…born Long Island Jewish Hospital.”
“1961年7月12日”
“July 12th, 1961.”
还有路易丝·怀斯领养机构
And it was Louise Wise adoption agency.
我是说 我一直都知道我是被领养的
I mean, I always knew growing up that I was adopted.
我的父母一直很开明
My parents were always open about it.
上面说长岛新海德公园的艾迪·嘉兰
But it said Eddy Galland of New Hyde Park, Long Island,
纽约斯卡斯代尔的罗伯特·沙弗兰
Robert Shafran of Scarsdale, New York.
我记得上面说
I remember it said,
“斯卡斯代尔著名医生莫特·沙弗兰的儿子”
“Son of prominent Scarsdale physician Mort Shafran”
而且 呃…我的第一个想法是
and, er… my first thought, I said,
“他去了富裕的家庭”
“He’s got the wealthy family.
“那个傻♥逼♥可能正开着奔驰! 他爸爸是医生!”
“That SOB’s probably driving a Benz! He got a doctor!”
我记得和大卫在厨房♥待在一起
And I remember being with David in the kitchen.
我们真的很紧张
We were like, really nervous.
我是说 我们 你知道 上蹿下跳 那是…
I mean we were, you know, jumping around, it was…
你知道 我们19岁了 我是说那简直是脱离现实的
You know, we were 19 years old. I mean this was surreal.
大卫拿起电♥话♥ 他打电♥话♥给信息处
And David picked up the phone and he called Information,
他找到了艾迪的妈妈
and he reached Eddy’s mom.
我说 “嗨 是艾迪家吗?”
And I said, “Hi, is Eddy home?”
她说 “不是 请问你是谁?”
She says, “No, who’s calling, please?”
我想 “好吧”
And I thought, “OK,
“现在我必须在电♥话♥里说清楚”
“now I’ve gotta go into this whole thing on the phone.”
我说 “好吧 我叫大卫·凯尔曼”
I said, “Well, my name is David Kellman,
“我出生于1961年7月12日”
“and I was born July 12th 1961
“我正在看一份报纸”
“and I’m looking at a newspaper
“而且 呃…基本上我觉得我在看两个我”
“and, er… basically I think I’m looking at two of me.
“我想我可能是第三个”
“I think I might be the third.”
我想她其实是扔掉了电♥话♥
And I think she dropped the phone, actually.
我记得通过电♥话♥听到她的声音
And I remember hearing her voice over the phone,
“哦 我的天 他们是刻出来的!”
“Oh my God, they’re coming out of the woodwork!”
那是一个奇迹
It was a miracle.
男孩们第一次见面
The first time that the boys met together,
三个人在我家
the three together was at my house.
他们三人终于相见了
And the three of them ended up

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!