嗯 就像你最普通的单身公♥寓♥一样
Hmm, it’s like if you had the most bachelor apartment
乘以三
times three.
有运送酒水的酒品店
The liquor store used to deliver the liquor.
有一次 艾迪患阑尾炎
At one point Eddy had appendicitis.
他没有保险
He had no insurance.
所以他假装鲍比住了医院
And so he checked into the hospital as Bobby.
并将他的阑尾取出 作为鲍比
And had his appendix taken out. As Bobby.
我希望至今鲍比的阑尾保持健康
I hope to this day Bobby’s appendix stays pretty healthy.
一起工作 一起玩儿
Between working together, playing together,
一起出去 一起约会
going out together, going on dates together,
住在一起
living together,
从我们见面直到…直到后来
from the time we met till… well till later
没有什么 没有什么可以让我们分开
there was nothing, nothing that could keep us apart.
我想我是第一个真正意义的女朋友
I feel like I was the first serious girlfriend.
最初我无法区分他们
Initially I couldn’t really tell them apart
我会偶遇他们
and I would bump into them
我不太确定
and I wasn’t quite sure
我在跟哪一个约会 所以…
which one I was going out with, so…
鲍比有一种纯真的自然的智慧
Bob has this very raw, natural, type of intelligence
我觉得我也被吸引了
that I think I was attracted too.
我一直认为大卫是最好的 没错
I always thought David was the best, right,
就他们三个而言
of the three of them.
我之前说过 你知道的
I, I’ve said it before, you know,
“我捡到宝了”
“I got the pick of the litter.”
毫无疑问 艾迪是 呃…最帅的
Without a doubt, Eddy was the, er… handsomest
你知道 三胞胎中
of all the three triplets, you know.
当然 我很偏爱
Of course, I’m partial
但是 你知道 我崇拜他
but, you know, I adored him.
当我遇见他时 我无法抵挡
When I met him, he was the last holdout.
三个人里的唐伯虎 呃…我说
The Casanova of the three and, er… I said,
“哦 男孩 这家伙是一个真正的单身汉 花♥花♥公♥子♥”
“Oh boy, this guy’s a real bachelor, like player.”
但他的笑容如此温暖
But he was so warm in his smile
他有可爱的双手 柔软的双手
and he had wonderful beautiful hands, soft hands
当我握着他的手时 我是说 我 我…
and when I shook his hand I mean, I just, I…
你知道 我爱上了他
You know, I just fell in love with him.
我来自一个色彩缤纷的爱尔兰天主教家庭
I’m from a big colorful Irish catholic family
而他是一个犹太人
and he was a Jewish guy.
当他第一次来我家时
When he came to the house for the first time,
他看着我父亲 他说
he looked at my dad and he said,
“我不知道你是否知道 香莱先生”
“I don’t know if you know this, Mr Shanley,
“我每晚都要见到布伦达”
“I’ve been seeing Brenda every night pretty much
“从我见到她的第一天起”
“since the first day I met her.”
我想 “哦 我的天”
And I thought, “Oh my God,
“我爸其实知道 我们每晚都在一起”
“my dad knows that, you know, we’re together every night.”
我的父亲只是看着我 “好吧”
And my dad just sort of, you know, looked at me like, “OK”
那就是艾迪
and that was Eddy.
我愿意 – 我愿意
‘I do.’ – ‘I do.’
我们爱你
‘We love you.’
大家都爱他
Everyone loved him.
如果要划分的话 鲍比比较保守
If there was a scale, Bobby would be reserved,
大卫中等
David would be middle
而艾迪就是可爱的 情绪化的
and Eddy was just the loveable, mushy,
惹人爱 有趣的
huggable, funny,
你知道 他就是散发出温暖和爱
you know, he just exuded warmth and love.
杰米与爸爸的第一个感恩节
‘Jamie’s first Thanksgiving with Daddy.’
嗨 看看谁在这里 – 是的 爸爸
‘Hi, look who’s here.’ – ‘Yes, Daddy.’
爸爸决定登场
‘Daddy decided to show up
并带特邀嘉宾出场
‘and make a special guest appearance.’
# 生日快乐 亲爱的杰米 #
# ‘Happy birthday, dear Jamie
# 祝你生日快乐 #
# ‘Happy birthday to you’ #
他喜欢家庭聚会
He loved family gatherings.
你知道 艾迪真的非常喜欢
You know, Eddy really, really loved
跟大卫和鲍比在一起
being around David and Bobby.
艾迪似乎非常享受他们三个人在一起
Eddy seemed to get the most out of the three of them meeting.
说不出什么原因
For whatever reason.
他希望他和他的兄弟们过上美好的生活
He wanted his brothers and him to have a beautiful life
每个人美好相处
and everyone to get along
他希望所有人成为一个大家庭
and he wanted everyone to be one big family.
艾迪绝对是推动力
Eddy was absolutely the driving force
领导我们寻找生母
in terms of leading the search for our birth mother.
他很有热情 他就想那么做
He got a fever and he just wanted to do it.
艾伦也忙前忙后
And Alan was also rallying,
因为这真是一件令人兴奋的事情
because it was just an exciting thing to do.
我们想到这种概率
We figured what are the chances
让三胞胎生在纽约
of having triplets born in New York
在1961年7月12日
on July 12th 1961.
我们想到纽约的公共图书馆
We figured out that New York public library
会有出生记录
shared birth records.
我们每个人抓起一本书
We each grabbed a book
然后一页一页一页地…
and went page by page by page by page by page,
几个小时以后 就听到“找到了!”
and within a couple of hours, it was, “Bingo!”
男孩 男孩 男孩 三个一列
Male, male, male. Three in a row.
全部出生于1961年7月12日
All born July 12th 1961.
就在旁边 有生母的姓氏
Right next to it, birth mother’s last name.
第一次见面是在47号♥街的酒吧
The first meeting was a bar on like, 47th Street.
就像一个她当地的酒吧
It was like, her local neighborhood watering hole
在东边 当时有点尴尬
on the East side, and it was awkward.
她讲述了曾经发生的事情
She told the story of what happened.
不幸的是 那不是一个浪漫的故事
Unfortunately it wasn’t a romantic story.
她还是个小女孩的时候
She was a young girl.
就是那种舞会开场发生的事
Basically, prom night knock up type thing.
我并不认为她曾接受这个事实
I don’t think she ever got over the fact
她怀了三胞胎 不得不放弃
that she had triplets and had to give them up.
你知道 像19岁的我们
You know, to us at 19,
如鱼得水般喝酒 以为自己是无敌的
you drink like a fish, you think you’re invincible.
但我们发现那有点令人担忧
But we found it a little concerning
你知道 她密切与我们保持联♥系♥
that she was pretty much keeping up with us, you know.
呃…虽然血浓于水
Er… the apple doesn’t fall that far from the tree
但对于她 我并不感到多么高兴
and if that’s the tree, I was less than thrilled,
我们已经有了各自的父母 所以我们见了见她 一切还好
and we had our parents already, so we met her and it was OK.
但她并不是我们生活中特别亲密的一部分
But she was not a particularly close part of our lives.
我们都很年轻 开始我们的婚姻和事业
We were all young and starting our marriages and careers.
嗨 欢迎来到三胞胎
‘Hi, welcome to Triplets.’
大卫·凯尔曼 艾迪·嘉兰和罗伯特·沙弗兰
‘David Kellman, Eddy Galland and Robert Shafran
是同卵三胞胎
‘are identical triplets.
现在他们经营着一家纽约的餐馆叫…
‘Now they run a New York restaurant called,
还能是什么 你能猜到 三胞胎
‘what else, you guessed, Triplets.’
欢迎 你好 欢迎欢迎
‘Welcome. Hello. Welcome, welcome.’
有很多人为我们而来
We had a lot of people who were coming for us.
他们来看三胞胎
They came to see the triplets.
他们想被三胞胎招待
They wanted to be waited on by one of the triplets.
我们提供伏特加和冰块
We served vodka frozen blocks of ice,
我们让整个房♥间欢快起舞
and we’d get the whole room up and dancing.
就像一个大派对
It was like this big party going on,
就像个大的犹太成人礼
it was like this big Bar Mitzvah.
三胞胎变得非常成功
‘Triplets become wildly successful
他们拥有一家餐馆
‘owning a restaurant
在纽约的家居办公区
‘in the Soho district of New York City.’
我们第一年挣了一百多万美元
We did over a million dollars first year.
那时起事情开始变糟
That’s when things kinda got funky.
90年代中期 我着手为《纽约客》撰写一个故事
In the mid-90s I started working on a story for “The New Yorker” magazine
关于同卵双胞胎的分开抚养
about identical twins reared apart.
我总是想
I’ve always thought,
如果有一天你一转身
“What would it be like if you turned
你看到了自己会怎样?
“the corner one day and you saw yourself?”
在我的研究过程中
In the process of my research,
我偶然发现了这篇不起眼的科学文章
I came across this obscure scientific article.
它引用了一项秘密研究
It referenced this secret study
其中同卵的兄弟姐妹被分开了
in which identical siblings had been separated.
我感到震惊和好奇
I was shocked and intrigued.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!