But I’m plugging away.
还记得几个星期前 你打了败仗吗?
Remember a few weeks ago, when you thought you’d lost the battle?
我以为你失败了
I thought you had too.
有天使守护着我
There’s a good angel looking after me somewhere.
来 排好
Come on. Sort yourselves out.
快点
Come on, hurry up!
好 上
All right? Go!
快 丹能 快
Come on, denham. Hurry it up.
用脚尖落地 再来一次 下一个
Land on your toes. Do it again. Next!
下一个!
Next!
下一个! 就是你巴克利!
Next! Buckley!
快点 小子
Come on, boy.
我不是小子 我是大人
I’m not a boy. I’m a man.
而且我不要跳 老师 太高了
I don’t want to do it. It’s too high.
你是小子 你还是个胖小子
You’re a fat boy. Come on.
我在等你呢 快减去一些肥油
I’m waiting. Get that jelly off!
小胖不行啦 那太高了
Fats can’t do it. It’s too high for him.
他当然不行
Of course he can’t do it.
你们少废话 小子
When I want your opinion, I’ll ask, boy.
我不是小子 – 闭嘴!
I’m not a boy. – Shut up!
巴克利 照我的话做
Buckley, do as you’re told!

Come on.
快让开 小子! – 闭嘴!
Move out of the way, boy. – Shut up!
他没事吧 伯特?
Is he all right, Bert?
不知道
I don’t know.
你个王八蛋
You bloody bastard.
放下 帕特!
Put that down, Potter!
你明明知道小胖做不到
You knew fats couldn’t do that.
你总是逼他
You had it in for him.
帕特 放下来
Potter, put that down!
快点 老师!他们在体育馆打架!
They’re fighting in the gym!
帕特!
Come on, potts!
最后一次 放下!
Put it down!
那不是意外! – 帕特!
That was no accident! – Potter!
交给我
I’ll take that.
去帮巴克利 快去
Go and help Buckley. Go on!
帕特应该以牙还牙的
Potts should have done the bastard like he did fats.
孩子 还好吧?
You all right, boy?
还好 谢谢老师 只是肚子有点痛
Yes, thank you. Me stomach didn’t half hurt.
杰克森、英翰 送他去伊凡斯太太那里
Jackson, ingram? Help him up to Mrs. Evans.

All right.
怎么回事?
What happened?
巴克利没事了
Buckley’s all right.
只是受到了惊吓
More frightened than anything else.
你为何逼他跳木马?
Why’d you make him do thatjump?
他就站在那里不动
He just stood there and refused to obey.
当他跳过来的时候 像个庞然大物 所以我接不住
When he jumped, he sent the buck flying and I couldn’t catch him.
对了
刚才多谢解围 帕特那小子发狂了
Thanks for helping me out. That Potter went berserk.
我知道巴克利是个你根本不关心的孩子
I understand that Buckley is a pet whipping boy of yours.
没错吧?
Is that right?
我最好向校长报告 这种行为要付出代价
I’d better report it. There’ll be the devil to pay.
帕特 你这种行为没有藉口
Potter, I can’t think of anything that excuses your behavior.
那是他的错 老师!是他逼小胖的!
But it was him! He made fats do it.
小胖说他做不到!他总是逼小胖去做!
Fats said he couldn’t do it. That bully always had it in for him.
我不管贝尔先生的作法 只在乎你们的行为
I am not concerned with Mr. Bell’s behavior but yours.
如果这不是木棍 而是一把枪或是小刀 结果会如何?
What if a gun or knife had been handy? What then?
帕特被激怒了 我们都是
Potter was narked. We was all narked.
都是那家伙的错 你很清楚
That bleeder was wrong and you know it.
你搞错重点了 丹能 你们都是
You’re missing the point. You all are.
再过几周你们将步入社会
Soon, you will be out in the world.
难道每次被激怒的时候 就要拔刀相见吗?
Will you use a weapon every time someone angers you?
你们在学校要学着自我克制
You’re supposed to be learning self-discipline.
帕特 你欠贝尔先生一个道歉
Potter, you owe Mr. Bell an apology.
不!
Huh?
他为何要向贝尔那种坏老师道歉?
Why should he apologize? Just ’cause bell’s a teacher, eh?
你最好仔细想想 帕特
You better answer that, Potter.
你的行为像个… 像个负责任的大人吗?
Do you think you behaved like an adult?
贝尔应该向巴克利道歉
How about bell apologizing to Buckley?
我只负责你 而非贝尔先生
My business is with you, not Mr. Bell.
你说得很简单
It’s easy for you to talk.
又没有人逼你
No one pushes you around.
你说呢 帕特?
Well, Potter…
你是个男人还是流氓?
Are you a man or a hoodlum?
去道歉 帕特 – 丹能!
Do it, potts.
如果你不去道歉 他会送你去少年法庭
Or bell will call the law if you don’t.
而你又需要学校签名推荐工作
You’ve got to have recommends for a job in a couple weeks.
他也必须签名 不是吗?
He’s got to sign one.
这跟我签不签名没关系
This has nothing to do with what I sign.
没有老师值得信任
You can’t trust a teacher.
我们应该一起对抗他们 就像从前一样
We’re only safe together. Against them.
但是老师不一样!如果他说帕特…
But sir is different. If he says potts…
他错了
That he is, and he’s wrong now.
你们都知道贝尔欺压小胖好几年了
You all know bell’s been after old fats for years.
去吧 帕特
Go on, potts.
如果你是因为害怕而道歉
If you apologize because you’re afraid,
那你就是个孩子 而非成人
then you’re a child, not a man.
离开学校之后我自己负责
When I leave, I’ll have me own barrow.
你管不到我 不管有没有推荐信
So you can’t touch me, letters or no letters.
对不起 我迟到了 老师
I’m sorry I’m late, sir.
因为我妈 老师
But it’s me mum, sir.
她过世了
She’s dead.
我帮爸爸处理她的后事
I’ve been helping me dad with her things.
我…我无处可去 老师
I didn’t know where to go, sir.
没事了
That’s all right.
英翰 照顾班上同学
Ingram, take over the class.
我知道学期结束的时候…
I understand that the passing-out class holds
会举办类似的庆祝活动
some kind of a celebration at the end of term.
怎么回事?
What happens?
我们跳舞
Hm? – We dance,
老师
sir.
你是因为丹能的说法而去道歉吗?
Did you apologize because of denham?
我深信人必须为自己的信念奋战
One should fight for what one believes,
为完全肯定的事…
provided one is absolutely sure
也为完全对的事
one is absolutely right.
传下去
Pass these out.
你们必须填写这份表格
You have to fill those out…
做为健康保险之类的
For national health insurance and so on.
你在做什么 杰克森?
What are you doing, Jackson?
为了西尔斯 老师 我们要送鲜花和花圈
It’s for seales, sir. For flowers and a wreath.
各位
Oh, that’s…
真是太棒了
That’s wonderful of you.
我也可以捐献一些吗?
May I be permitted to contribute something?
你可以免了 萨克瑞先生
No, thank you, Mr. Thackeray.
潘蜜拉 你负责买♥♥花圈
Here, Pam, you buy the wreath.
我的名字是黛儿
The name’s dare.
称呼我黛儿小姐
Miss dare.
是啦 你负责买♥♥花圈
Well, you buy the wreath.
时间到就送过去
Send it around when the time’s right.
送去?你不打算拿着花圈吗?
Send it? Aren’t you going to take it?
你觉得女生可以拿吗?
You don’t think the girls could take it, do you?
为何不行?
Well, why not?
这个嘛…
Well…
怕有人会说闲话 老师
It’s what people would say, sir.
家人可能会说…
What the family would say…
如果家人看到我们去黑人家里 老师
If they saw us going into a colored person’s home.
我们这些话没有恶意 老师
We’ve got nothing against him, sir.
真的
Honest.
如果我们有人…
But if one of us was to…
你很难想像会有什么闲话 老师
You can’t imagine the things be said.
佩格小姐 谢谢你解释清楚
Thank you, miss pegg, for making it clear.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!