-并不是什么开心的事 -在我们结婚的时候
-with three Maxwell Manchesters. -You promised when we were married…
-你答应过你会永远开心的 -我知道
-you’d always be happy no matter what. -I know.
那你为什么不能总是开开心心呢
Why can’t you always be happy no matter what?
-因为我做不到 -你是说你违背了曾经的承诺
-Because I can’t. -You broke your promise.
我通常都是很开心的
I am happy usually.
我爱你 如果这个会有帮助的话
I love you, if that’s any good.
并不是爱不爱的问题
That’s not the issue.
如果不是 那它应该成为问题
Well, if it isn’t, it should be… the issue.
-你是对的 -我是对的
-You’re right. -I’m right?
你是对的 我们去找一家旅馆吧
You’re right. Let’s find a hotel.
在下午的一点 我们要找旅馆干什么
1:00 in the afternoon? What do we want a hotel for?
-我们去找家旅馆吧 -让曼彻斯特一家见鬼去吧
-Let’s find a hotel. -To hell with the Maxwell Manchesters…
先生 太太和小姐
mister, missus and miss.
以后 我们自己去旅行 或者干脆不去了
In future, we travel alone, together or not at all.
我亲爱的乔安娜
My darling Joanna…
至今为止 一切都好
so far all goes well.
车子几乎一刻未停 而我的耐心也快耗尽
The car’s nearly run in, and my patience nearly run out.
我想你都快想疯了
I miss you like mad.
昨晚我几乎开了一夜的车
I drove nearly all night last night.
没有你和我在一起 我都不想进任何一家旅馆了
Couldn’t face one of our hotels without you with me.
我后来就在汽车里睡觉了…
I finally slept in the car…
在离我们可怜的被烧掉的旧MG很近的地方
quite near where we buried the poor old burnt-out MG.
我真希望我能够没有这次旅行
I wish to hell I hadn’t had to make the trip.
我想 因为房♥子和卡罗琳
But I suppose, what, with the house and Caroline…
幸好我找到了些活可以做
it’s just as well that I’ve got some work.
至少钱比我以前的工作多
At least this pays better than corporation bus shelters.
而且也要有趣得多 我们接受吧
And it’s a lot more interesting too. Let’s face it.
我一直都在想念你
I think about you all the time.
开到现在一直都平安无事
It’s been a pretty uneventful drive so far.
一个人开车的时候就会觉得路很长 而且无聊
It’s a long, dull road when you’re on your own.
我只想
All I care about…
到那里做完必须做的事
is getting down there and doing
然后马上回来
whatever has to be done and getting the hell back.
凌晨三点入梦的时候 我有一种父亲的感觉
When I’m not being woken at 3:00 in the morning, I feel very paternal…
我简直难以表达我对你们的思念
and I miss you both more than I can say.
生活是很单调的
Life’s very flat.
今晚 我可能要通宵开车了…
I shall probably drive on overnight tonight…
然后在天亮时到达那里
and get down to the site in the morning.
和一个有名的客户谈两到三次
Two or three sessions with the far-famed clients
这已经足够了
should be more than enough.
很明显 每当我一离开的时候…
It’s typical of me that as soon as I get away…
我只想快一点回到你的身边
all I want to do is to get back to you again.
此时我不能多写了…
I won’t write any more at the moment…
因为我想要继续工作
because I really do want to get on.
我一有空就会再给你写信的
As soon as I have a chance, I’ll drop you another line.
爱你的 马克
Love, love, love, Mark.
顺便说一句
P.S.
下次我们离开家的时候
The next time we come away,
应该把我们的小露丝贝尔一起带着
we shall have our own little Ruthiebelle with us.
我不想吃了 妈妈
I don’t want any more, Mummy.
你想吃完吗
Do you want to finish it?
晚饭要吃煮鸡蛋吗 卡罗尔
Boiled egg for supper, Carol?

Yeah.
小心别让卡罗尔从窗户掉出去…
Make sure Carol doesn’t fall out of the window…
或是咬椅子和其它东西 好吗
or eat any chairs or anything, darling, can you?
当我清洗早上那些东西的时候
While I wash out a few things for the morning.
好的
Okay.
-嘿 -嘿 进来吧
-Hey! -Hey. Come on in.
到这儿来
Come here.
-送来了吗 -什么
-Hasn’t it come yet? -What?
-卡罗尔的晚饭 -我不知道
-Carol’s supper. -Uh, no.
你没看见发生了什么吗
Well, couldn’t you see what’s happening to it?
我以为你在照看卡罗琳
I thought you were watching Caroline.
我很抱歉 但我明天要见一位尊贵的客户
Oh, I’m sorry, but I’ve gotta see his majesty, the client, tomorrow morning.
我必须要把这个做完
I thought I’d get this finished.
好吧 我去问
-I’ll go. -I’ll go.
不用麻烦了
Don’t bother.
我去
Joanna, I’ll go.
真难以置信 我们的鸡蛋在哪里
It’s not possible. Where’s our egg?
我们为了一只蛋 已经等了半个小时了
We’ve been waiting half an hour for an egg.
-我必须要问你 -我必须要问你
-I must ask you, monsieur— -I must ask you, monsieur.
你打扰到其他的客人了
You are disturbing the other guests.
我在五分钟之内就要拿到我的鸡蛋 否则我们就走了
I want that egg here in five minutes, or we’re leaving.
我们离开这里
We’re leaving.
-离开 -离开
-Leaving? -Leaving.
可是卡罗琳还穿着她的睡衣
But Caroline’s in her pajamas.
卡罗琳可以穿着睡衣离开
Caroline can leave in her pajamas.
他们不想我们呆在这里 我们就离开吧
They don’t want us here? We’re not staying here.
很抱歉
I’m sorry,
但是我不能被一个五流的旅店所侮辱
but I refuse to be insulted by a fifth-rate doss-house, and that’s it.
我问你要一只煮鸡蛋 你却给我下了驱逐令
I ask you for a boiled egg, and you come back with an eviction order.
我说过了 我们走吧 走呀
I told you we’re leaving. Now let’s go. Let’s go.
“它再也不回到家里喝早茶”
He never got home to early tea.
再说一遍 妈咪
Do it again, Mommy.
“大黄蜂 大黄蜂 它从鹅掌楸上飞走”
The bumblebee, the bumblebee, he flew away from the tulip tree.
“它犯了个错 飞进了湖泊”
He made a mistake and flew into the lake…
“它再也不回到家里喝早茶”
and he never got home to early tea.
爸爸 扮只鸭子
Daddy, do the duck.
谢谢
Thank you.
全是我的错 我知道
It was all my fault. I know.
我已经给卡罗琳讲了一个小时的睡前故事了
I’ve been telling Caroline bedtime stories for an hour.
你如果能避免发出响亮的声音会很好
It would be nice if you could avoid fortissimo for a while.
听着 我离开那旅馆是因为
Look, I quit that hotel because
他们没给你送来你想要的东西
they didn’t bring you what you wanted.
我不想要煮鸡蛋
I didn’t want a boiled egg.
我想卡罗琳和你没有关系
I suppose Caroline has nothing to do with you.
是你想要一个小孩的
You were the one who wanted a child.
为什么你不把她叫醒 然后告诉她这个
Why don’t you wake her up and tell her that?
我不想告诉她 我是告诉你 我爱卡罗琳
I don’t wanna tell her. I’m telling you. I love Caroline.
你根本不知道什么是爱
You don’t know what love is!
你根本不知道什么是爱
You don’t know what love is.
这样说我太无情了
That’s tough on me.
你所能做的就是向你自己无休止地致敬
All you can do is take the salute at an endless march past of yourself.
我有欲望 你呢
I have an appetite. Do you?
不管我是什么谁都行 是吗
It wouldn’t matter who I was, would it?
我想把那叫做一天的错误 你想把它叫做一天吗
I’m willing to call it a day. Do you wanna call it a day?
你从来没想把它叫做其它东西
You never wanted to call it anything else.
你说得很对
You’re damn right there.

Oh!
乔安娜
Joanna.
我们甚至不能安静地吵架
We can’t even have a fight in peace.
离我远点
Oh, leave me.
自私
Selfish.
我的夫人 人们把这叫做地中海
They call it the Mediterranean, my lady.
来吧 游泳的时候到了
Mm. Come, it’s time for a swim.
我不懂得性♥爱♥
I don’t understand sex.
别担心 没看出来
Don’t worry. It doesn’t show.
真的
Seriously,
为什么我们在它的意义减少的时候却更享受它了呢
why is it we enjoy it more, and it means less?
因为它不再是身体上的了
Because it isn’t personal anymore.
不是身体上的
Not personal?
是啊
That’s right.
“太晚了” 他们哭了”太晚了”
“Too late, ” they cried. “Too late.”
我真开心
I’m so happy. I’m so happy.
我爱你
I love you.
找一张大床吧
Find us a big bed.
-累了 -没有
-Tired? -No.
来吧
Come on.
-浪漫的姿势结束了 -那并没有持续很久
-End of romantic gesture. -That didn’t last very long.
我相信短暂的浪漫
I believe in short romances.

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
前一篇文章盒子怪
下一篇文章阿呆与阿瓜2
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!