We were under massive pressure to chart
乔治写出了《龙威虎将》
and George came up with “Young Guns.”
如果《龙威虎将》不能火 唱片公♥司♥就会跟我们毁约
If “Young Guns” wasn’t a hit, we would be dropped
这到底是怎么回事?
What the fuck is that?
嘿 笨蛋
♪ Hey, sucker ♪
你到底是怎么了?
♪ What the hell’s got into you? ♪
《龙威虎将》登上了排行榜的第72位
So “Young Guns” made its way up the charts to number 72
《威猛轻敲》完全失败了
“Wham Rap!” had been a failure
如果这首歌♥不火的话 我们就不会再出唱片了
If this track wasn’t a hit, we weren’t gonna make another record
它在第42位停滞不前
and it stalled at number 42
它不可能进入前40名的
It wasn’t actually gonna make it into the top 40
那可能是我这辈子最糟糕的一周
And that was possibly the worst week of my life
天啊 你知道吗?感觉很难受
Christ’s sake, you know? It felt bad
我花了一周的时间思考
I spent a week thinking
“我不擅长做这种事”
“I’m not any good at this.”
我从小坚信不移的某种信念
That I was wrong about something
就这样破碎了
that I believed with all my heart since I was a child
然后我们突然接到了 一个奇迹般的电♥话♥
And then we got this miracle phone call out of the blue
(1982年11月)
我们接到了《流行歌♥曲精选》的电♥话♥ 问我们是否愿意出镜
We get a phone call from Top of the Pops
因为有个歌♥手退出了节目
asking us if we will appear because another artist had dropped out
唯一的黄金时段音乐排行榜节目
The only prime-time chart show
我从没见过比《流行歌♥曲精选》 更耀眼的节目
I’d never really seen stardom above Top of the Pops, you know?
能在《流行歌♥曲精选》露一次面
A Top of the Pops appearance was
简直就是行业圣杯
the holy grail
上节目的前一晚 我们住在一家小旅馆
The night before, we stayed in this little hotel
乔治运气不好 只能睡在婴儿床上
George drew the short straw and got some crib to sleep in
那张床的大小就是给小孩睡的
And it was a child-size bed
他度过了一个难受的不眠之夜
He had a really uncomfortable, sleepless night
双脚悬空
with his feet poking over the end of it
(威猛乐队首次参加 《流行歌♥曲精选》)

Three
二、一…
two, one…
(《流行歌♥曲精选》)
我们上了台 看着对方 心里想着
We get on stage, look at each other, and think
“时不我待 我们加油”
“This is it. Let’s do it.”
嘿 笨蛋
♪ Hey, sucker ♪
你到底是怎么了?
♪ What the hell’s got into you? ♪
嘿 笨蛋
♪ Hey, sucker ♪
如今你无能为力
♪ Now there’s nothing you can do ♪
我有段时间没有看到你了
♪ Well, I hadn’t seen your face Around town awhile ♪
于是用心照不宣的微笑欢迎你
♪ So I greeted you with a knowing smile ♪
当我看到你搂着的那个姑娘
♪ When I saw that girl upon your arm ♪
我知道她的致命魅力 俘获了你的心…
♪ I knew she’d won your heart With her fatal charm… ♪
现在回过头来看 简直不忍♥直视
I mean, it looks terrible when you look at it now
但在当时 大家都认为 我们展现自己的方式
but at the time, it was considered quite innovative and new
相当有创意 很新颖
the way we presented ourselves
龙威虎将奇乐开怀
♪ Young guns having some fun ♪
疯狂的女士们 伴其身旁
♪ Crazy ladies keep ’em on the run ♪
聪明的人会意识到…
♪ Wise guys realize… ♪
我们当时几乎没有衣服可穿
We had virtually no clothes
我们当时好像只有两套服装 来回换着穿
I think there were about two outfits that we circulated between us
一、二 看看你
♪ One, two, take a look at you ♪
被婚姻折磨得如此痛苦…
♪ Death by matrimony ♪
这种缺乏修饰的穿着 创造了某种气场 懂我的意思吧?
There’s a certain energy through the naffness, know what I mean?
后退!把手拿开!去努力争取…
♪ Get back! Hands off! Go for it! ♪
风格有些业余 但我们看起来挺原创
It was fairly amateurish, but we looked original
我们看起来与众不同
We looked different
龙威虎将奇乐开怀
♪ Young guns having some fun ♪
疯狂的女士们 伴其身旁…
♪ Crazy ladies keep ’em on the run… ♪
你一看就会觉得 舞步非常滑稽
It’s such a funny dance routine when you see it
但不知怎的 这种风格效果非凡 当时大家都过目不忘
But it worked in a weird kind of way. Everybody remembered it at the time
我们当时在我妈妈的后屋做的编舞
We went and did it in my mum’s back room
没有哪个编舞指导会容忍♥我们的做法
No choreographer was gonna come up with that shit
(威猛乐队)–
太棒了!真是精彩 威猛乐队!
Wonderful! Well done, Wham!!
但那是我们的关键时刻 完全改变了我们的境遇
But that was our moment which definitely turned everything around
这首单曲在排行榜上急速上升
The single flew up the charts
威猛乐队终于名声大噪
Wham! had arrived
一个愉快的开始 我们希望这将是美好的新一年
A happy start to what we hope will be a great New Year
这位是威猛乐队的安德鲁
This is Andrew from Wham!
嗨! -以及乔治
Hi! -George from Wham!
你好
Hi
在音乐方面 你对1983年有哪些预见?
What are your predictions for 1983 on the musical side of things?
威猛乐队崛起…
Well, there’s Wham!…
但你们已经成功了 -我们只是取得了一个第一
You’ve made it already. -We’ve gotta have a number one yet
我们得取得三个第一 好几百万个第一
We gotta have three number ones. Millions of number ones
你觉得哪种音乐 会在1983年大放异彩?
What style of music do you think’s gonna be big in the summer of ’83?
我们的音乐
Ours
手账第三册
Scrapbook number three
我们是个热门乐队 而且20岁了
We are a hit band and 20 years old
威猛乐队有两个值得庆祝的理由
Wham! have got two reasons to celebrate
今天是安德鲁的生日 生日快乐
It’s Andrew’s birthday. Happy birthday
而且《威猛轻敲》也上了音乐榜
And also they’re in the charts with “Wham Rap!.”
《威猛轻敲》进行了再次发行
“Wham Rap!” was rereleased
最终排到了第八位 令人惊异的结果
and it went to number eight. Amazing result
我们来介绍一下乐队
Let’s introduce the band
迪 -雪莉
Dee. -Shirlie
乔治 -我是安德鲁
George. -I’m Andrew
内视影像唱片把我们作为文化斗士 进行宣传
Innervision sort of pitched us as cultural warriors
“威猛乐队会影响到每个青少年的
“Wham! will shape the views
世界观”
of every adolescent.”
这迫使我们必须按照一定的模式创作
And it pressured us into writing to a certain formula
年轻人反抗成年人世界
Youth kicking against adulthood
我们看看威猛乐队的流行音乐唱片
Let’s check out some social-comment rapping
引发的社会反响
with a dance record from Wham!
《坏小子》排名第二
“Bad Boys” went to number two
大火特火
Massive hit
坏小子们团结一致
♪ Bad boys stick together ♪
永不悲伤的男孩们
♪ Never sad boys ♪
♪ Do do do do do, woo woo! ♪
不错的人…
♪ Good guys… ♪
但我们两个都对《坏小子》不满意
But neither of us were happy with “Bad Boys.”
《坏小子》只是个模式化作品
“Bad Boys” was simply formula
我不知道该怎么办 只能按照模式创作
I just didn’t know what to do, and I just wrote to formula
我讨厌这首单曲
I absolutely hate that single
我们刚开始写歌♥的时候
When we started songwriting
我处于失业状态 这让我写出了《威猛轻敲》
I was unemployed, and that informed “Wham Rap!.”
事实是 我们现在是成功人士
The fact is, we were now a successful act
我们不是社会评论人
We weren’t social commentators
(第五册)
我们其实很渴望尝试新事物
We had a very strong sense of doing something different
创造一种积极活泼的新型流行乐
A vision of this kind of bright, new pop thing
我对主流观众的感情很真挚
I have genuine feeling for a mainstream audience
那就是青年文化对音乐的贡献
That’s what youth culture’s contribution to music was
流行音乐
Pop music
我觉得现在在英国 强烈的逃避主义元素
I think what’s happening in England is that there’s a large escapist element
又悄悄潜回音乐当中
creeping back into music now
夏季有什么安排? -我们要去伊维萨岛拍摄新单曲
What’s the plans for the summer? -We’re shooting a video in Ibiza
新单曲要叫什么? -新单曲叫《热带俱乐部》
What’s the new single called? -The new single’s “Club Tropicana.”
三、四年前 人们为朋克风
Three or four years ago, with the punk thing
振臂高呼
people were shouting
现在他们不再以年轻和无业为耻
Now they’re not ashamed of being young, unemployed
他们宁愿去迪斯科舞厅或俱乐部 忘掉一切烦恼
They’d rather just go to a disco or a club and forget about it
我们觉得自己可以创造一种 新流行音乐
We thought we’d make this new pop music
一种《热带俱乐部》式的幻想世界
The fantasy that is “Club Tropicana.”
一个新的方向
A new direction
一种新的自我认同
A new identity
我俩之前都没去过伊维萨岛
Neither of us had been to Ibiza before
我们要在一个天堂般的 精品酒店拍摄视频
We were to shoot the video in this paradise of a boutique hotel
传说中的派克酒店
The legendary Pikes
众所周知的秘密景点
a known secret
那个时代富人、名人
An escape for the rich and famous
和名流的世外桃源

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!