我骑骑 嗯
I’ll race ‘ya?
那边怎么样
What about that next one over?
要看看吗
Has anyone looked at that?
别开玩笑了 伙计
Dude, this zone fuckin’ sucks.
我恨这地方
I fuckin’ hate this zone.
好吧 我们换地方
All right, well, let’s move on, then.
欢迎来到尼泊尔
All of new Nepal.
能看到这些人和这里的文化 便不枉此行
Just seeing the people and the culture in Nepal, it was still worth the trip.
但我们难以接受的是
But it was hard to believe we’d come this far
千里迢迢而来 却一无所获
and found nothing worthy of riding.
我们找了一次又一次
We’ve been going over little mini-pass over mini-pass,
都因为大石头太多
and it’s just too gnarly for all the wrong reasons
而没有合适的路线
with too many big rocks and no run-outs,
但经过不懈的寻找 终于发现转机
and come around this little corner, and we think we got something.
我觉得那准行 伙计
I think that thing’s gonna work, dude.
-那里 -对
-That thing? -Yeah.
为什么不行呢 那是土坡
Why not? It’s sand.
看 有很多的路线可供选择
See, there’s so many options, too.
我们找到宝藏了
I think we found gold.
在这里徒步行走
Hiking at this elevation
倍感沉重
feels like the gravity’s turned up to double its normal strength.
你付出越多 你对路线的印象就越深刻
The harder you work, the, you know, more memorable the line,
所以付出那么多是值得的
so, it’s a lot of work, but it’s always worth it.
是的 伙计
Yeah, buddy.
而你将有更多的成就感
Makes it that much more glorious when you get it done.
好了
All right.
好的 做吧
Okay, dropping it.
开始
Go.
搞掂它 库尔特
You got this, Kurt!
加油
Drop it.
看你的了 佐尔格
-Yeah, Sorge! -Look at Sorge.
伙计 厉害
Oh, yeah, buddy!
伙计 你征服它了
Dude, you killed it!
噢 天
Oh, my God.
我从来没骑得这么快
I don’t think I’ve ever gone that fast down a chute before.
今天太爽了
Dude, I was just fuckin’ holding on for dear life.
真是太棒了
It is fuckin’ fast.
太牛了
That was sick!
哦 这太崎岖了
Oh, this is gnarly.
我心无旁骛 只想着如何冲到谷底
I think the only thing that went as planned is that I made it to the bottom.
-厉害 伙计 -给他氧气
-Yeah, buddy. -Give the boy some air, huh?
恐怕有2 000英尺高吧
Dude, that’s probably like 2,000 vert.
你比惠斯勒兄还要快5秒
That’s like your average trail at Whistler in, like, five seconds.
是的 没错
Yeah, you’re right.
在上幕斯唐的这一次
Yeah, the riding has been
或许是我最惊险的骑行了
probably some of the gnarliest riding I’ve ever done, in the upper Mustang.
超越了以往的任何一次
It’s just trumped pretty much everything else I’ve ridden.
我们一直在世界各地寻找这样独特的路线
We keep searching all over the globe for this unique riding terrain.
简直是要走遍能到的地方 才会罢休
It’s crazy ’cause, you know, we just seem to scratch the surface wherever we go.
我们在这里呆了两周
We just, you know, we got two weeks here,
你知道吗 看起来我们还需要几个月
and it just seems that we need a couple months, you know?
我们要身处其中
Just being in these zones
看看这世界多大
and seeing how vast, you know, the world is,
你会认识到 原来外面还是很精彩
it just makes you realize that there’s a lot more out there,
这就是探索的乐趣
and there’s a lot to be had, and the search goes on.
有一句关于旅行的哲言
There’s an old saying about traveling,
在旅行当中
that when you travel,
你不仅重新认识了世界
you not only get a new perspective on the world,
也会重新认识自己的家
but you also get a new perspective on home.
在历经两年探索之后
After almost two years hunting down new landscapes,
我们决定回到最初的地方
we decided to return where it all started
看看它有何变化
and see if it looked any different.
犹他州是这一系列旅程的起点
Virgin, Utah, is where this style of riding first came to life.
这里的山脊谷地
Its shelves and spines have seen more progression
是我见过最适合骑行的地方
in big-mountain riding than anywhere else.
我们在这里留下了无数的足迹
We’ve all ridden this terrain countless times.
我们熟知这里的地貌 泥土和医院
We know the drops, the dirt, and the hospitals all too well.
也给了我更多的借口
But with these elements of comfort comes a lack of excuses.
似乎这里不可能
All these other locations, it was exhilarating enough
让车轮滚下来
just putting tires where they’d never been and surviving.
但现在 我们很有信心
Here, there’s an immense pressure
去改写15年来的山地骑行历史
to exceed 15 years of big-mountain history.
准备好了
We’re rolling.
开始吧
Let’s do this!
这也许是我最疯狂的事了
Probably the gnarliest thing I’ve ever done.
5秒后开始
Dropping in five.
当到了犹他 我们都有这样的共识
There’s a common misconception that when you come to Virgin,
尽情发挥
you rod, get all the lines and tricks you wanted,
然后带着荣耀回家
and return home victorious.
但在这种地方挑战极限也有一个坏处
But the unfortunate part of pushing your limits in a place like this
最终 你无法彻底战胜恐惧
is eventually, you find them.
我很想不断挑战极限
You know, we really want to push our riding,
我找到一些新的路线
and, you know, myself, I’m here to get some new tricks
数年来梦寐以求的路线
that I’ve been wanting to do for years, actually.
我想尝试做一个前空翻
I want to try a front flip off a drop.
但我骑过不去
Something that scares the crap out of me,
但我认为 总有一天
but end of the day, it’s something I know I can do.
我能做得到
I just need to commit to it.
是的 今年春天 达伦就在他的后花♥园♥
Yeah, this spring, Darren broke his back
做前空翻时摔伤了背部
front-flipping just in his backyard.
我想做的这点
I want this.
你也能做到
You can do this.
心里如果有包袱
Having that kind of demons in the back of your mind
你总会认为某些地方飞不过去
haunting you on a trick, it always comes into play out here.
前空翻很吓人
Yeah, front flips are scary.
不少人在此退却
They’ve taken a lot of people out.
真混帐
You’re a fuckin’ pussy!
结果并不总是美好的
Not every story has a happy ending.
我们给自己压力 让我们骑车时很压抑
The pressure we put on ourselves to push our riding is immense.
他迷失了 心情很差
He lost it, man. He wanted it so bad,
一想到可能再次摔伤背部
but that thought of breaking his back again
他还是放弃了
was in the back of his head.
你不能因此而怪他胆小
You can’t blame him for not doing it.
他已经充分展示了对骑行的热情
It just shows how much passion he has for bike riding.
我佩服他
I respect what he did, you know?
有时候你是能做到
Like, sometimes you’re able to do it,
但有时你就是无法控制 你明白吧
and sometimes your head just goes like … Sometimes you just can’t, you know?

Fuck. Fuck.
他悲剧了
He’s out. He’s out!
我没事
I’m good.
在犹他州
Coming to Utah is full-bore.
你不只是想走熟悉的路线
You’re not just going to ride your local trails.
如果你想有所进步
It’s like you’re going for blood because you’re trying
是要付出点鲜血代价的
to progress the sport as much as you possibly can.
这是一个大舞台
It’s a great place to where you can go bigger
你要向世界展示这项运动
and show the world things that have never been done on a mountain bike.
但同时 要付出代价
But, at the same time, that comes with a price.
有时你能征服犹他 有时它让你摔得很惨
Sometimes you eat Utah, and sometimes Utah eats you, I guess.
这次犹他之旅 我们的结论是
This trip, Utah, I think it definitely got the better …
这里是比外面更好
the better end of us than we got out of it.
还好吧
You good?
-没事 -我摔惨了
-Yeah, he’s good. -I hit it hard.
我想我的锁骨脱臼了
I thought I broke my collarbone.
你不能责怪他 这就是现实
This shouldn’t be viewed as a negative, but just reality.
犹他州在大家的心中
And it’s simply par for the course in Utah,
仍然被认为是最适合山地骑行的地方之一
a landscape that remains one of the most ideal for big-mountain riding.
但我们仍然希望
But was it still the best?
能有别的地方取代它
It felt like there was another location that may have taken its place.
在完成所有的旅程后 我回到了这个地方
After all the searching we’ve done, I came back to this spot
因为这里是我见过的最适合山地车的环境
just because it’s the best big-mountain riding I’ve ever seen.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!