我和父亲一直在讨论 我可能会在圣凯瑟琳教堂做一次布道
The Father and I have been discussing a sermon I might give at St Catherine’s.
我们都对这个想法感到非常兴奋
We’re all positively fizzing with the idea.
我有一个段落 我也想读给你听
And I had a passage I wanted to read to you, too.
这就是我所说的“好时机” – 命运的转折
That’s what I mean by “good timing”. – Twist of fate.
不, 谢谢 – 不, 谢谢?
No, thank you. – No… thank you?
很短, 但很有活力 – 你不想让我更有活力了
It’s very short, quite energising. – You don’t want me any more energised.
除非你想要好好地禁止 – 身体威胁?
Not unless you want a good bannicking. – A physical threat?
就像通往地狱的活板门打开了 你所踏过的每一个地方
It’s like a trapdoor to hell opens up everywhere you tread.
我其实并不邪恶, 你知道吗? – 不, 但你心里有邪恶
I’m not actually evil, you know? – No, but you’ve got evil in you.
不不, 这不是你的错 但你生来就有它…
No, no, it’s not your fault, but you were born with it…
我喜欢你, 罗丝, 我想带你去 到光为了南希的缘故
I like you, Rose, and I’d like to bring you to the light. For Nancy’s sake.
你可以保持你♥他♥妈♥的轻松
You can keep your fucking light.
你在干什么? 这一切是为了什么?
What are you doing? What’s all this for?
没有什么 我只是把房♥子装♥修♥得漂亮一点
Nothing. I’m just making the house nice.
就像好妈妈一样 – 嗯, 你已经是一个好妈妈了
Like nice mothers do. – Well, you’re already a nice mother.
我只想一切如常 对南希来说好一点
I just want it all to be a bit better for Nancy.
对我来说已经太晚了, 但我只是想要它 变得…更好一点, 你知道…
It’s too late for me, but I just wanted it to be a bit… better, you know…
他妈的! – 嘿, 嘿
Fuck! – Hey, hey.
我很好!
I’m fine!
如果我只是向人们证明我没有 一个恶魔住在我他妈的腹部里
If I just prove to people that I don’t have a demon residing inside my fucking abdomen,
那么也许我不会…
then maybe I wouldn’t…
解释一下刚刚发生的事情 和邮递员!
Explain this what just came with the postman!
解释一下! 等你回来就快了! – 我没有! 我保证我…
Explain it! Soon as you’re back! – I didn’t! I promise I…
这就是我的死期! – “亲爱的天鹅小姐
This’ll be the death of me! – “Dear Miss Swan.
“你这个该死的老下垂的麻袋 鸡尿
“You bloody fucking old saggy sack of chicken piss.
“你想在鼻孔里操, 你这个老甲虫! ”
“You want fucking in the nose holes, you old beetle!”
甲虫?
Beetle?
伊迪丝, 老实说你不认为 我一直在这样做
Edith, you honestly don’t think I’ve been doing this.
我不知道了
I don’t know anymore.
父亲, 这可能不是她 可能是各种各样的人
Father, it mightn’t be her. It could be all kinds of people.
她是我的朋友 – 不! 她不是你的朋友
She was my friend. – No! She wasn’t your friend.
她是个说谎的荡♥妇♥! – 嘿, 你刚才说什么?
She’s a lying slut! – Hey, what did you just say?
你知道她是 做个男人吧, 儿子!
You know she is. Be a man, son!
别在我面前, 老男孩 我曾经在酒吧里打拳击换现金!
Don’t front up to me, old boy. I used to box in bars for cash!
显然, 不要告诉别人
Don’t tell people that, obviously.
而且你的洗衣房♥也很臭 – 账单!
And you stink out the wash house, too. – Bill!
嗯, 他确实这么做了我认为你有病, 伙计
Well, he does. I think you’re ill, mate.
天哪, 拜托了!
My God, please!
账单! 进去! 进去!
Bill! Get inside! Get inside!
进去!
Get inside!
不, 我只是想让这一切停止! – 哎呀, 哎呀, 哎呀! 她在哪?
No, I just want this to stop! – Oi, oi, oi! Where is she?
莉齐, 怎么了?
Lizzie, what’s the matter?
我刚刚吃过这个 说我是个中等妓♥女♥
I’ve just had this, saying I’m a middling hooker,
我的朋友正在把它脱掉 和一个高个子家庭教师!
and my fella’s having it off with a tall governess!
现在就发给大家吧?
Sending them to everyone now, are you?
什么? 不…你♥他♥妈♥是个笨蛋吗? 我为什么要…?
What? No… Are you a fucking eejit? Why would I…?
更多字母莉齐·贝利只是… – 我们知道她被罚了半便士
More letters. Lizzie Bailey’s just… – We know. She’s been fined a ha’penny.
半便士? 她本可以杀了她 用那把铲子!
Ha’penny? She could’ve killed her with that shovel!
你有多少个? 关上百叶窗 – 今天早上我巡视的时候就只有六点
How many have you got? Shut them blinds. – Six just this morning on my rounds.
全部都是与古丁有关的人? – 是的
All to people connected with Gooding? – Yep.
在那里或附近 – 我已经提交了四份
There or thereabout. – I’ve filed four.
我的两个人以迂回的方式提到 鸡♥奸♥, 请原谅, 格拉迪斯
Two of mine alluded in a roundabout way to sodomy, beg pardon there, Gladys.
其中一人用了一个词 我以前从未见过
One of them used a word I’ve never even seen before.
是的我其实认为 它起源于希腊语
Yeah. I actually think it’s Greek in origin.
真的吗? 你怎么知道? – 令人着迷的语言传播方式
Really? How do you know that? – Fascinating how language travels.
太可怕了 – 那么, 十一点了…
It’s horrific. – So, that is eleven…
你不觉得有点奇怪吗 罗丝会这么做,
Doesn’t it seem a bit queer to you Rose would do that,
知道她会失去一切吗?
knowing she’d lose everything?
对她心软了基♥督♥!
Gone soft for her. Christ!
她现在才出来, 他们都在这里
She’s just this moment out, and here they all are.
她先喝酒, 然后咒骂
She boozes, then she curses.
你也是 – 啊?
So do you. – Huh?
为什么当她这样做时会更糟? – 出色地…
Why’s worse when she does it? – Well…
是的, 继续, 再说一遍… – 很明显她没有这么做
Yeah, go on, say it again… – It’s obvious she didn’t do it.
你至少可以承认 有可能她没有这么做吗?
Can you at least admit there’s a chance she didn’t do it?
当然不基♥督♥啊, 很高兴, 那个古丁丫头完蛋了!
Definitely not. Christ, Glad, that Gooding wench is done!
我现在已经有一个了 称呼我妻子的声音太低沉,
I’ve had one now, calling my wife’s voice too deep,
她已经知道了, 谢谢
which she already knows, thank you.
当她尝试时会感到疼痛 无论如何都要投球
And it aches when she tries to pitch-up anyway.
格拉迪斯, 请喝点茶好吗?
Gladys, can you get some tea on, please?
格拉迪斯?
Gladys?
牛奶和两颗糖
Milk and two sugars.
“周二, 内政大臣 爱德华·肖特先生被迫
‘On Tuesday, the Home Secretary Mr Edward Shortt was compelled
‘在议会回答问题
‘to answer a question in Parliament
“关于不断增长的丑闻 利特尔汉普顿的信件
‘about the ever-growing scandal of the Littlehampton letters.
“毒笔信件, 淫秽和恶意同等程度,
‘The poison-pen missives, obscene and malicious in equal measure,
“正在造成广泛的痛苦 横跨全县
‘are causing widespread distress across the county.
“现在数量已超过一百,
‘Now numbering over one hundred,
“肖特先生称他们为 全国性的耻辱,
‘Mr Shortt called them a national embarrassment,
‘但他说他有不可估量的信念 在他模范的警♥察♥队伍中
‘but said he has immeasurable faith in his exemplary police force
‘最终找到罪魁祸首
‘to find the culprit in the end.
‘信件之谜 继续吸引着全国人♥民♥,
‘The mystery of the letters continues to captivate the nation,
‘其中每家每户 有意见
‘in which every household has an opinion
‘关于罗斯·古丁小姐是否 是无辜的还是有罪的
‘on whether Miss Rose Gooding is innocent or guilty.’
这是德国人
It’s German.
哦你好 请问小姐…格拉迪斯在吗?
Oh. Hello. Is Miss… Is Gladys in, please?
温妮…
Winnie…
我的侄女想要当官, 显然就行了
My niece. Wants to be an officer, apparently. Off you go.
做一个好人, 如果你这样做的话, 温妮, 爱
And be a good one, if you do, Winnie, love.
我绝对会的
I bally will.
我能帮忙吗, 罗斯? – 你♥他♥妈♥的不温不火的牛…
How can I help, Rose? – You tepid fucking cow…
噢! 操♥我♥! 现在别破坏它 那是我写信的手臂!
Ow! Fuck me! Don’t break it now, that’s my letter-writing arm!
我要你♥他♥妈♥的良心这么做 我向你求助!
I want this on your fucking conscience. I asked you for help!
我是一名军官 我为什么要帮助嫌疑人?
I’m an officer. Why would I help a suspect?
因为警♥察♥都是马屁精!
Because the police are horseshit!
如果你需要帮助, 罗斯, 有更好的方法 去解决它而不是咒骂和战斗
If you want help, Rose, there are better ways to go about it than cursing and fighting.
我不需要你♥他♥妈♥的帮助 我不相信你♥他♥妈♥的帮助!
I don’t need your fucking help. I don’t trust your fucking help!
但你愿意帮助我吗? – 显然你不需要它
But would you help me? – You don’t need it, apparently.
不, 你愿意吗? – 不, 我不是
No. Are you offering? – No, I’m not.
对了, 那就滚蛋吧!
Right, then, fuck off!
不过我还是想采访一下你 再一次
I would like to interview you, though, one more time.
本着严谨的精神
In the spirit of rigour.
严格? 哈哈!
Rigour? Ha-ha!
如果你想走进去…
If you’d like to step inside…
“虽然她的许多性别 走上街头抗♥议♥,
“While many of her gender take to the streets in protest,
“斯旺小姐可能会教他们 道德正直的东西
“Miss Swan might teach them something of moral rectitude.
“没有孩子的老处♥女♥看上去很严峻 而且绝不是传统意义上的迷人”
“The childless spinster is grim-looking and by no means conventionally charming.”
哦… – 嗯, 那不是真的
Oh… – Well, that’s not true.
“天鹅小姐拒绝了 谴责她的邻居
“Miss Swan refuses to condemn her neighbour.
“‘这是在赦免中 我们被赦免了, ”她说
“‘It is in the pardoning that we are pardoned,’ she says.
“她会亲自布道 未来几周将在圣凯瑟琳教堂举♥行♥”
“She will give a sermon herself at St Catherine’s in the coming weeks.”
呵呵, 你真是个宝啊 现在, 你一定对此感到满意
Ooh, you are a treasure. Now, you must be pleased with that.
骄傲把天使变成魔鬼
Pride changes angels into devils.
你知道男人会做什么吗 有了这张照片, 嗯?
Do you know what men will do with this picture, hmm?
把它钉在私人门上, 就是这样
Pin it on the privy door, is what.
那真令人恶心 – 父亲, 没什么, 只是…
It’s disgusting. – Father, it’s nothing, it’s…
这…只是一个小采访 这并不能保证…
It’s… just a small interview. It doesn’t warrant…
对不起
I’m sorry.
我是一个…
I’m a…
我是不是很傻? – 有点, 神父
Am I being silly? – Somewhat, Father.
我是个傻蛋吗?
A daft egg, am I?
爱德华!
Edward!
不, 你是对的我会降低声音
No, you’re right. I’ll lower my voice.
天知道 邻居们可能会怎么想!
Goodness knows what the neighbours might think!
我才不会成为一个花♥花♥公♥子♥呢!
I won’t be made a nancy-boy!
你可能正在他妈的讲坛上小跑, 但这是谁家的呢?
You might be trotting up the fucking pulpit, but whose household is this?
是你的 – 这艘船的船长是谁?
It’s yours. – Who’s the captain of this ship?
你 – 那你是什么?
You. – And what are you?
我不知道 – 你是做什么的?
I don’t know. – What are you?
父亲…
Father…