You know what that is? Death.
你知道那是什么吗? 是死亡
And do you know what I just did? I defied it.
你知道我刚才在做什么吗? 我挑战了它
It’s amazing, Clifford.
真棒 Clifford
Swell, isn’t it? My very own death-defying act.
很厉害吧? 我自己的 挑战死亡的表演
I’m very proud of you, Clifford.
我为你骄傲 Clifford
I guess if you want something bad enough, anything’s possible.
我想 如果你特别想做成什么事情 那就一定可以做到
Seen my shoes?
看到我的鞋了吗
Yeah, you kicked them off over by the sofa.
嗯 你把它们脱在沙发旁边了
I’ll get ’em. I’ll do it.
我去拿 我去
They’re right here. I’ll do it.
就在这里 我来
Your lipstick’s a little smeared.
你的口红花了
Thank you.
谢谢
What?
怎么了?
You got a little problem with your socks.
你袜子穿的有点问题
What’s wrong with them? Well, one’s red and one’s green.
怎么了? 一只是红的 一只是绿的
I like it, though. It’s the latest fashion.
不过我还是很喜欢 是潮流呢
It’s all right. It’s all right.
会好起来的 会好起来的
It’s gonna be rough for a while, but I’m gonna be here to help.
刚开始会很痛苦 但是我会在你旁边帮你的
It’s gonna take time to adjust.
只是需要时间适应
If you want, we can move the wedding back until you feel ready.
如果你想 我们可以推迟婚礼 等你准备好
There’s not gonna be a wedding. What?
没有婚礼 什么?
I don’t want you marrying me ’cause you feel sorry for me.
我不想你是因为同情才娶我
I’m marrying you because I love you.
我娶你是因为我爱你
I don’t want that kind of love.
我不需要那种爱
I don’t want you cutting my food,
我不想让你帮我分食物
getting my socks, cleaning up my messes.
帮我拿袜子 为我擦屁♥股♥
As soon as my eyes clear up…
等我的眼睛好了…
Your eyes are not gonna clear up.
你的眼睛不会好了
Yes, they will. It’s only temporary.
会的 这是暂时性的
It’s not temporary. It is. It is!
不是暂时的 是的 就是!
Sonora… Let me go!
Sonora… 让我走!
You’ve gotta accept this.
你必须接受现实
You’re a human being, and there are limitations.
你只是一个普通人 人都是有极限的
You can’t run away from it.
你无法摆脱这点
You can’t hide from it, and you can’t change it. It simply is.
你不能无视这点 不能改变它 事实就是这样
It’s permanent.
这是永久的
I know.
我知道
Sonora, I’m real sorry about what happened.
Sonora 我对这一切都很遗憾
And when Al called and told me you were hurt,
Al打电♥话♥告诉我你受伤的时候
I figured the movies had to wait. Marie!
我就知道 电影必须暂停 Marie!
We’re ready for you. Excuse me, honey.
我们都准备好了 离开一下 亲爱的
Here I am. How ’bout puttin’ her on the horse?
我来了 让她坐在马上怎么样?
No, just have me stand next to it.
不用了 我站在旁边就好
That’s great. You used to be a diving girl.
很好 你之前及时跳水女孩
Why did you decide to come back? I love the audiences.
为什么决定回来? 我喜欢现场的感觉
When Al called my mother, she called the Astoria Studios,
Al给我妈妈打电♥话♥ 她打给了Astoria制片厂
where I was auditioning for a movie.
当时我正在那里试镜
How long you gonna be in Atlantic City?
你在大西洋城多久了?
That’s M-A-R-I-E.
拼起来是M-A-R-I-E
Excuse me, sis. You’re in the shot. Could you move?
抱歉 小姐 你进镜头了 能挪一下吗?
Sonora, what are you doin’?
Sonora 你在做什么?
Al, I’ve been thinking. About what?
Al 我在想 什么?
I’m going to dive again.
我要继续跳水
Honey, you can’t. It’s impossible.
亲爱的 不行 不可能的
I can do it. I know I can.
我可以做到的 我知道我可以
Sonora, you’ve gotta be realistic.
Sonora 面对现实吧
With Lightning…
只要有闪电…
Al, he knows what I’m thinking.
Al 他知道我的想法
And I know what he’s thinking.
我也知道他的
Absolutely not. It’s too dangerous.
绝对不行 太危险了
I have to do this.
我必须这么做
Please, I need your help.
拜托 我需要你帮我
Here he comes.
他过来了
Here he comes.
过来了
Here he comes again.
他又来了
You okay?
没事吧?
Again.
再来
Watch your step.
小心脚下
Again.
再来
Are you nuts? You can’t let her do this.
你疯了吗? 你不能让她这么做
Besides, you have Marie to do the show.
再说 有Marie帮你表演呢
This has nothing to do with your show.
和表演无关
Do you think she can do this?
你真的觉得她可以吗?
Huh? Look me in the eye and tell me she can do this.
嗯? 看着我的眼睛 告诉我 她做得到
It’s just what I thought. Come on.
这就是我想的 来
Close out all other sounds and listen to his hooves.
不要被杂音干扰 听他的蹄声
Don’t go to the horse. Let the horse come to you.
不要去找马 要让马来找你
Let your hands slide along his chest
让你的手顺着他的胸部滑过
and up his shoulder to the harness.
抓住肩膀上的马具
When you feel the harness, grip.
感受到马具的时候 抓紧
Let the horse’s momentum pull you up.
让马的动力带你上马
That’s it! Ah!
就这样! 嗷!
You all right?
没事吧?
This isn’t working.
这是不可能的
I just need a little more time.
我还需要时间
No, it’s gotta stop. I don’t want you hurt.
不 到此为止 我不想你受伤
But, Al! Look, we tried. It didn’t work.
但是 Al! 你看 我们试过了 但是没用
This can’t be done, and it’s gonna end right here.
这是不可能的 一切到此为止
You understand?
明白吗?
Yes.
明白
Hi. Are you gonna be okay? I gotta introduce the show.
你没事吧 我要做开场了
I’m okay.
没事
Ladies and gentlemen, we now present
女士们 先生们 现在是
Carver’s high-diving horse and girl rider
Carver的保留节目 女孩高处御马跳水
in a daring 40-foot plunge on horseback.
她要从40英尺的竟然高度 骑马跳下
Marie, can I talk to you?
Marie 可以跟你说两句吗?
What’s going on? Thank you.
干什么? 谢谢
Clifford! In a few moments,
Clifford! 马上
you will witness the courageous Marie
您就会看到勇敢的Marie
attempting this feat on the bare back of her trusted steed.
坐在她最信任的马的背上 从高处跃下
Open this door!
开门!
It is the only act of its kind anywhere in the world today,
迄今 尚未有别的嘉年华表演这项节目的
an act in which the safety of the rider
在本次表演中 骑手的安全
depends entirely on the intelligence and skill of the horse.
完全依赖于马匹的能力和技巧
It is an act in which no electrical devices,
这是一场没有电动设备
no mechanical apparatus, no force of any kind,
没有机械装备 不借助任何外力
and no cue of any sort is used to persuade…
以前 没有过这种情况…
Ladies and gentlemen, please, for the safety of our performers,
女士们先生们 为了我们表演者的安全
hold your applause…
在表演期间请勿鼓掌…
I am proud to present the most popular act
下面 请让我有请Steel Pier史上
in the history of the Steel Pier.
最受欢迎的表演
Carver! What is going on here?
Carver! 发生什么了?
I don’t know. I’m gonna find out.
我也不知道 我去看看
Mommy, there’s a girl climbing the tower!
妈妈 有个女孩儿要登塔
Oh, no. Sonora!
不 Sonora!
These people didn’t pay to see a blind girl kill herself.
观众付钱不是想看一个盲女如何自杀的
Sonora, don’t!
Sonora 不要!
Sonora, no!
Sonora 不!
Carver! No, Sonora! No!
Carver! 不 Sonora! 不!
Did you see that?
你看到了吗?
She was wonderful! Did you see that?
她真棒! 你看到了吗?
That last dive began 11 years of diving blind,
那次的跳水表演 开启了我11年的盲跳经历
and the audience never knew.
观众对此从不知情
I had found my destiny,
我找到了自己的归属
not in faraway places, but within myself.
不在遥远的地方 就在内心深处
I also found happiness with Al.
我也过起了和Al的幸福生活
We were married that fall and had a wonderful life together.
那年秋天 我们就结婚了 从此过着幸福美满的生活

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!