-你好,Meeber。 -汤姆,早上。
– Hello, Meeber. – Morning, Tom.
我想买♥♥去芝加哥的票。
I wanna buy a ticket to Chicago.
-你要去芝加哥吗? – 不是我。 我的另一个女孩。
– You going to Chicago? – Not me. Another one of my girls.
– 往返? -不行
– Round trip? – No. One-way.
妈妈再见
Goodbye, Mama.
-再见,爸爸。 -再见,嘉莉。
– Goodbye, Papa. – Goodbye, Carrie.
-跟姐姐嘉莉说再见。 -再见,嘉莉。
– Say goodbye to sister Carrie. – Bye, Carrie.
再见,Maudie。 记住我们说的话。
Goodbye, Maudie. Remember the things we said.
都上了。
All aboard.
让我帮你。
Let me help you with that.
– 谢谢。 – 欢迎。
– Thank you. – Welcome.
您是在哥伦比亚市参观吗?
Were you visiting in Columbia City?
-我住在那里。 – 不。
– I live there. – No.
为什么,您看起来像刚走出密歇根大道就行了。
Why, you look like you just stepped right off Michigan Boulevard.
他们有没有告诉你不要和陌生人说话?
Did they tell you not to talk to strangers?
在遇到他们之前,每个人都是一个陌生人。
Everybody’s a stranger till you meet them.
快要跑过去了,不是吗?
Almost got run over, didn’t you?
请允许我介绍一下自己。 “ Drouet”。 我父亲是法国人。
Allow me to introduce myself. “Drouet”. My father was French.
查尔斯·S·杜洛埃(Charles S. S代表微笑。 查理给他的朋友们。
Charles S. Drouet. S for smiles. Charlie to his friends.
那是刻的。 没什么 忘了它。
That’s engraved. That’s nothing. Forget it.
用拇指擦一下。 前进。
Rub your thumb over that. Go ahead.
留着它。 我有很多。
Keep it. I got plenty of them.
将其与舞蹈节目,图片明信片贴在您的办公室镜子中。
Stick it in your bureau mirror with the dance programmes, picture postcards.
嘿,让我告诉你我在旅途中学到的第一招。
Hey, let me show you a trick I learned my first year on the road.
我姐姐米妮(Minnie)在不认识灵魂的情况下去了芝加哥。
Minnie, my sister, went to Chicago without knowing a soul.
然后她遇到了斯文。 他在牲畜饲养场。
Then she met Sven. He’s in the stockyards.
他们结婚了。
And they got married.
现在,她有了一个小男孩和一个带煤气和自来水的公♥寓♥。
Now she’s got a little boy and a flat with gas and running water.
-没事吧? – 是的。 您应该看到她的来信。
– Did all right, huh? – Yes. You should see her letters.
而且您也准备这样做,对吧?
And you’re off to do the same, huh?
我可以做得比米妮更好。 我上学了。
I can do better than Minnie. I went through school.
是的。 而且看起来你不会伤害任何人。
Yeah. And looking like you do ain’t gonna hurt any.
南芝加哥。
South Chicago.
那不是我们。 那是贫民窟。 是南芝加哥。
That’s not us. That’s the slums. It’s South Chicago.
-在那儿他们告诉我下车。 -我不知道你住在哪里。
– It’s where they told me to get off. – I don’t know where you live.
再见,杜洛埃先生。
Goodbye, Mr Drouet.
到了,斯文。
Here you are, Sven.
你好,Gussie。
Hello, Gussie.
我走到拉♥萨♥尔街(La Salle Street)的家。
I walked home, La Salle Street.
如果是为了节省票价,那您就不应该。
If it was to save the fare, you shouldn’t.
我告诉过你你可以从花钱中拿走它。
I told you you could take it out of the board money.
-您会擦洗掉皮肤。 – 我希望我能够。
– You’ll scrub the skin off. – I wish I could.
米妮,我讨厌我的工作。
Minnie, I hate my job.
我可能在那里已有100年了,从没有任何可展示的东西。
I could be there 100 years and never have anything to show for it.
我什至不能买♥♥冬天的外套。
I can’t even buy a coat for winter.
我没有什么可以赌你的。 如果您想要股份,就必须努力。
I haven’t got what to stake you. If you want a stake, you gotta work for it.
但是,不管你赚什么,我都要有5美元的董事会钱。
But no matter what you make, I gotta have $5 board money.
它们总是高高地叠在您的面前。 保持运动。
They’re always stacked high in front of you. Keep it moving.
灯光太糟糕了,我看不到手指。
The light’s so bad I can’t see my fingers.
您要放弃您的机器吗?
Do you want to give up your machine?
脚踩下踏板,笨蛋!
Take your foot off the pedal, you fool!
放在那里 不要试图把它弄出来。 不要拉。
Hold it there. Don’t try to get it out. Don’t pull.
慢慢转动轮子。
Turn that wheel slow.
好的。 在那里。 刚穿过钉子。
All right. There it is. Just went through the nail.
大家回到您的机器。 不严重。
Everybody back to your machines. Nothing serious.
洗去污垢,然后休息一天。
Wash the dirt off that and take the day off.
-出门时停在我的办公桌旁。 – 是的先生。
– Stop at my desk on the way out. – Yes, sir.
嘉莉,这还不错。
It ain’t a bad one, Carrie.
这是一美元。 一整天的工资。 您可以保留更改。
Here’s a dollar. A whole day’s pay. You can keep the change.
签署此版本。 如果无法书写,请打X。
Sign this release. Make an X if you can’t write.
我会让你知道什么时候回来。
I’ll let you know when to come back.
-你不知道我住在哪里。 -我会找出来的。
– You don’t know where I live. – I’ll find out.
嘿,你过来
Hey, you, come over here.
-有围裙吗? – 是的先生。
– Have you got an apron? – Yes, sir.
跟着我。
Follow me.
要我带你回家吗
Want me to take you home?
我怎么回家 我被解雇了。 我必须马上找到另一份工作。
How can I go home? I’m fired. I’ve gotta find another job right away.
谢谢你,安娜。
Thank you, Anna.
-他马上下来。 – 谢谢。
– He’s coming right down. – Thank you.
哦,我知道我的苹果但是,姑娘,你是桃子
Oh, I know my apples But, girlie, you’re a peach
哦你好。 你好,莎莉。
Oh, hello. Hello, Sally.
Skidoo。 你在哪里保持自己?
Skidoo. Where you been keeping yourself?
-在我姐姐的。 -这是事实吗?
– At my sister’s. – That a fact?
萨莉,我一直在想你,但我比烫伤的狗要忙。
I’ve been thinking about you, Sally, but I’ve been busier than a scalded dog.
-我叫凯莉(Carrie)。 凯莉·梅伯(Carrie Meeber)。 -当然,嘉莉。
– My name’s Carrie. Carrie Meeber. – Well, of course, Carrie.
-我只是想看看你是否知道。 -杜洛埃先生…
– I just wanted to see if you knew. – Mr Drouet…
查理是名字,魅力是游戏。 怎么了?
Charlie’s the name, charm’s the game. What’s up?
贵公♥司♥有工作吗?
Would there be work in your company?
– 为你? – 是的。 今天早上我失业了。
– For you? – Yes. I lost my job this morning.
不,他们不雇用女孩。
No, they don’t hire girls.
我到过整个城市。 我什么都找不到。
I’ve been all over the city. I just can’t find anything.
嘉莉,你看起来好漂亮。
You look pretty whipped, Carrie.
这不是我在那趟火车上看到的那个女孩。
This is not the girl that I saw on that train.
我一直在制鞋厂工作。
I’ve been working in a shoe factory.
我的手指被机器夹住了…
I got my finger caught in the machine…
-有吗? -我只是不知道该怎么办。
– You did? – I just don’t know what to do.
嘉莉,这对你没用。
Carrie, that’s no work for you.
-疼吗? – 不是很多。
– Does it hurt? – Not very much.
让我看看。 把你的手给我。 我想给你点东西。
Let me see it. Give me your hand. I wanna give you something.
-10美元。 – 不好了。
– Here’s $10. – Oh, no.
拿去。 给自己买♥♥一件好穿的衣服。
Take it. Buy yourself something nice to wear.
您正在寻找这样的工作,他们会给您一把扫帚。
You look for a job like that, they’ll hand you a broom.
-我永远也无法还清。 -如果您不服用,那就不会。
– I could never pay it back. – Not if you don’t take it, you can’t.
-我要拿一半。 -永远不要拿一半。
– I’ll take half. – Never take half.
这将指导您完成工作,直到您找到工作。
This’ll see you through till you get a job.
在关闭之前,我还有一些事情要完成。
I’ve got some things to finish up here before we close.
回家洗脸 你还有别的穿吗?
Go home, wash your face. You got something else to wear?
– 是的。 – 穿上。 今晚我们将看到芝加哥。
– Yes. – Put it on. We’ll see Chicago tonight.
您去过菲茨杰拉德(Fitzgerald)吗? 我要给你买♥♥城里最好的饭。
Have you been to Fitzgerald’s? I’m gonna buy you the best meal in town.
七点钟在那见我。 它在亚当斯上。 大家都知道。
Meet me there at seven. It’s on Adams. Everybody knows it.
一下。 七点钟。
Take a hack. Seven o’clock.
您将无法在机器上工作。
You won’t be able to work at the machines.
你怎么不小心一点 斯文会说什么?
Why weren’t you more careful? What’s Sven gonna say?
没关系,还不错。 他没有停靠我。
It’s all right. He didn’t dock me.
他提前给了我两周的薪水。 这里。
He gave me two weeks’ salary in advance. Here.
-我今晚要送给Sven。 -你从哪儿得到的?
– I’m gonna give this to Sven tonight. – Where’d you get that?
老板把它给我了。
The boss gave it to me.
我的东西。
My things.
-谁带来的? -安娜·扬科夫斯基。
– Who brought them? – Anna Yankowski.
你被解雇了。
You were fired.
谁给了你钱,嘉莉?
Who gave you the money, Carrie?
明天你要回家了,嘉莉。
You’re going home tomorrow, Carrie.
我没做错任何事。 这是一笔贷款。
I didn’t do anything wrong. It was a loan.
-是男人吗? – 是的。
– From a man? – Yes.
斯文不会拿那种钱。
Sven won’t take that kind of money.
如果这样做,您将终生后悔。
If you do, you’ll regret it all your life.
错过。
Miss.
哦小姐
Oh, miss.
出去。 请出去
Out. Out, please.
– 我可以帮你吗? – 我不知道。
– Can I help you? – I don’t know.
-我应该认识一个人。 -在这里看到他吗?
– I’m supposed to meet someone. – Do you see him here?
不。
No.
-他可能会在餐厅里。 – 那里?
– He’ll probably be in the restaurant. – There?
但是,如果我是你,我认为我不会走过酒吧。
But I don’t think I’d walk through the bar if I were you.
哦,对不起。
Oh, I’m sorry.
入口就在隔壁。
The entrance is right next door.
你在这。
There you are.
谢谢你。
Thank you.
诸如此类的小事情打破了单调。
A little thing like that kind of breaks the monotony.
对不起,小姐,我们不能让无陪同的女士就座。
I’m sorry, we do not seat unescorted ladies, miss.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!