Home 喜剧电影 浮生若梦(1938)

浮生若梦(1938)

0
浮生若梦(1938)

I was going to marry a waitress once,
我曾经也想娶一个像她这样的女士
fortunately my father knocked it out of me.
幸好被我父亲劝阻了
If you’ll excuse me, Mr. Kirby.
请你听我说一句话 柯比先生
I don’t believe anyone has the right
年轻人恋爱
to interfere with young people in love.
最好不要去干涉
Why don’t you relax? Relax?
为什么不放轻松点? 放松?
With my son practically being stolen from under my nose.
有人想抢走我儿子
Me being locked up like a common criminal. Relax!
还害我被关进监牢
You know what’ll happen if the newspapers get a hold of this?
被报纸知道的话 会怎么样
It’ll jeopardize the biggest deal of my career.
会对我的事业造成莫大伤害
Stop worrying.
不要再担心了
If I know my granddaughter,
我相信 若是没有你的允许
she isn’t going to marry Tony without your blessing.
我孙女儿也不会嫁给你儿子
The only thing
所以
you’ve got to be concerned about is this big deal of yours.
你只需关心你的生意
What if it does fall through?
就算失败了又怎么样?
What if all your deals fall through?
所有生意全垮了又怎样?
Might be a good thing for you. Man, you’re crazy.
或许对你有好处 你疯了
Well, maybe I am, but I used to be just like you once.
或许吧 我过去也和你一样
Then one morning, when I was going up in the elevator,
有一天早上我 正打算搭电梯上楼
it struck me I wasn’t having any fun.
突然觉得自己并不快乐
So, I came right down and never went back.
于是我立刻下楼 再也不回头
Yes, sir. That was 35 years ago.
那都是三十五年前的事了
Admirable. And you haven’t done a thing since?
太好了 之后你就无所事事了
Yes. Just the things I wanted to do.
当然 那才是我喜欢的
Collected stamps.
集邮
Went to the zoo when I got the notion, took up the harmonica again
逛动物园 高兴时拿出口琴吹一吹
and even found time to notice when spring came around.
还会注意到春天来了
This would be a fine country if we all spent our time in the zoo
如果大家都花时间去逛动物园
and played the harmonica.
那天下早就太平了
You used to play one yourself. Tony said so.
托尼说你从前也会吹口琴
Maybe you ought to take it up again.
或许你可以再试试看
Maybe it would stop you trying to
或许你不必
be so desperate about making more money
或许你不必再汲汲于赚更多的钱
than you can ever use.
你下半辈子都用不完
You can’t take it with you, Mr. Kirby.
金钱又带不进坟墓里去
So what good is it?
那样到底有什么用?
As near as I can see, the only thing you can take with you
我知道唯一能带进坟墓的
is the love of your friends.
是朋友们给你的爱
Why don’t you go out and get yourself a pulpit somewhere?
你去玩个扑克牌 行不行?
Well, I’m sorry.
嗯 抱歉
Which one is Vanderhof? Right here.
范德夫先生是哪一位? 这儿
Hello, Mr. Vanderhof. Remember me?
老头儿 记得我吗?
Twitch-face.
眨眼大王
Yes, I heard that you were in trouble
我听说你有了点麻烦
and came over to see if I could help you out.
特地前来助你一臂之力
Why should you want to help me?
你干嘛会想来帮我?
To tell you the truth, I thought that if I did you a favor. . .
说真的 如果我帮你的忙…
You’re wasting your time, Mr. Twitch, Mr. Blakely.
别浪费时间了 眨眼大王
I have no intention of selling my home.
我不打算卖♥♥♥房♥♥子
We’ll see how long you can hold out.
那就看你还能撑多久
Wait ’til a few more things happen to you.
之后还有更厉害的手段呢
So you arranged this arrest? Yes, and it’s just a starter.
原来都是你安排的? 只不过是刚开始而已
By the time I get through, you’ll be willing and glad to sell.
到时候 会求我买♥♥你的房♥子
So you did this?
原来是你搞的?
Why, Mr. Kirby.
柯比先生
You blockhead. Do you know what you’ve done?
你这个笨蛋 你干的好事?
But, Mr. Kirby, I never dreamed that you knew these people.
我从没想到你认识这家人
I told you the police were on their trail
我只是告诉警方去找麻烦
and you told me to go ahead and make them sell.
以便逼他们卖♥♥♥房♥♥子
You blithering idiot, get out.
大白♥痴♥ 滚
If you’ve got an ounce of sense left, you’ll dig up my attorneys.
快把我的律师团全部找来
I’ve been here for hours. Yes, sir. I’ll phone them all.
被关好几个小时了 遵命 我马上去
So, you’re the one that’s been holding up my deal?
原来是你害我做不成生意
Yes. Kind of funny, isn’t it? What’s funny about it?
真好笑 有什么好笑?
The idea of you engineering this whole thing
你在背后策划你的阴谋
and being caught in your own trap.
结果中了自己的圈套
Maybe it won’t be so funny when I take that house away from you.
等我弄到你的房♥子 就不好笑了
Now I begin to see what’s been going on.
现在我明白是怎么回事了
That’s a fine trick, Mr. Vanderhof.
你们全都串通好了
Using my son to get information,
利用我儿子套取情报
and then making me pay through the nose.
然后向我勒索高价
Wait a minute. . . Nobody will make me pay for anything
等等 没人能够逼我出高价
unless I want to. Now you’ve got those all wrong.
除非我想 现在你全错了
I’ll show you how to do business the Kirby way.
我正好可以教你如何做生意
Business?
生意?
You’re not a businessman. You’re like a lion in the jungle.
你才不是生意人 你根本就是垃圾
Yes, and I’ve got the longest and the sharpest claws, too.
我有又长又利的爪子
That’s how I got where I am, on top,
所以才获得今天的地位
and scum like this is still in the gutter.
而你们这些废物还在阴沟里
You’re an idiot, Mr. Kirby.
你是白♥痴♥
What? A stupid idiot.
什么? 一个愚蠢的白♥痴♥
You can’t talk to me like that. Yes, I can.
不许你这样说我 当然可以
Scum, are we?
你骂我们是废物?
What makes you think you’re such a superior human being?
你凭什么认为自己比较优越?
Your money? If you do, you’re a dull- witted fool, Mr. Kirby.
就凭你的钱吗?你最好不要那样想
And a poor one at that.
你其实是一个穷♥人♥
You’re poorer than any of these people that you call scum.
你比被你叫废物的这些人穷得多
Because I’ll guarantee at least they’ve got some friends.
因为他们至少有朋友
But you, with your jungle and your long claws, as you call them
但你只有一些爪牙
you’ll wind up your miserable existence without anything
你最后一定是一无所有
you can call a friend.
一个朋友都没有
You may be a high mogul to yourself, Mr. Kirby,
或许你觉得自己高高在上
but to me you’re a failure.
但我认为你一败涂地
A failure as a man, a failure as a human being,
你是一个失败的男人 也算不上是个人
even a failure as a father.
甚至不算是个好父亲
When your time comes,
当你大限来临的那一天
I doubt if a single tear will be shed over you.
没有人会为你一洒同情之泪
The world will probably cry good riddance.
全世界的人都会拱手称庆
That’s a nice prospect, Mr. Kirby. I hope you’ll enjoy it.
这样你就满意了 但愿你会喜欢
I hope you’ll get some comfort
带着你剥削来的钱
out of all this coin you’ve been sweating over then.
走进坟墓
I’m sorry, Mr. Kirby.
抱歉 柯比先生
I haven’t lost my temper like that in 30- odd years.
我从未这样发过脾气
Don’t know what came over me.
不知道是怎么搞的
I didn’t mean anything I said.
我刚才那些话都是无心的
I wish you’d told me to mind my own business.
我实在是爱多管闲事
If there’s any way I could make up for it
希望我能够补偿你
I would.
我会的
Here, how’d you like to have my harmonica?
给你 这是我的口琴
It’s a new one and good, too.
是新的 也很好吹
You might want to play it sometime.
或许你以后用得到
After all, who am I to criticize anybody?
毕竟我没有资格去批评别人
All right, everybody out for night court. Have your slips ready.
大家准备出庭应讯
I’m Mr. Kirby’s attorney. Where is he?
我是柯比先生的律师 他在哪里?
Kirby. Yes, Kirby, Kirby.
柯比 是的 柯比 柯比
Yes. Just going to be arraigned. Right through there.
经过那道门就是了
Wonder what he’s so excited about.
他那么紧张干嘛
Attorney for Mr. Kirby. Has he been arraigned yet?
我是柯比先生的律师 他被传讯了吗?
Not yet. Right through that door. Thank you.
在那道门后面 谢谢
Kirby?
柯比?
Anthony P. Kirby.
安东尼·柯比
Is that Anthony P. Kirby, the banker?
是那个银行家吗?
It’s Kirby, the banker, you know.
你知道的 是柯比 银行家
Just a minute, please. Yes, that’s Anthony P. Kirby.
大家冷静一下 是安东尼·柯比
That’s all we wanted to know.
这就是我们想知道的
Boy.
年轻人
What did you say your name was? Anthony P. Kirby.
你刚说你贵姓大名? 安东尼·柯比
Psychopathic ward.
送进精神病房♥
I sentence you to 31 days in the city jail
我判你监禁一天