Hello. Yeah.
哈罗 耶
Certainly. Well, come on. What are you waiting for?
快点 你们还等什么?
They’re waiting upstairs. We’d better be getting up there.
他们在楼上等着 我们最好到那里去
Good. Have you got your proxies?
委任状已经带来了?
Right here. Including Kincaid’s.
就在这里 包括金凯德的
He was tough.
他很顽固
But when we offered to make him president, he jumped at it.
我们已经说动了约瑟夫
When you offered to make him what?
你拿什么条件和他交换?
I explained to him that all you wanted to be
我告诉他
was the chairman of the board of directors.
你要自己选董事长
Tell him it’s a mistake. I’ve already chosen the president.
告诉他弄错了 我已经选好了
But we were saving…
但我们得救了
Anthony Kirby, Jr. is going to be president.
我的儿子当总裁
Tony? He’s much too young, A. P. Yes. Is he?
托尼?他太年轻了 是吗?
What about our promise to Kincaid?
对他的承诺怎么办?
You’ve got his proxy. Forget about him.
你有委任状 别理他
But A. P. , we have our obligations. . .
柯比先生 我们有义务. . .
I say, forget about him. Come on.
我告诉你别去理他
Now, please, Mr. Ramsey, Mr. Kirby is very busy. . .
现在请拉姆齐先生 科比先生很忙…
Well, Mr. Kirby, I suppose you’re very proud of yourself.
柯比 你一定觉得很光荣
Another victory. The greatest of your career.
又是一次胜利 在你生涯中最大的胜利
What do you want, Ramsey?
拉姆齐 有何贵干?
You know something.
你知道的
I actually thought of coming here to ask for mercy
我本来是想来向你求情的
but I couldn’t figure out a basis on which to do it.
但我不知道该凭什么
Certainly not friendship.
当然不会是凭友谊
Once, a long time ago, that might have been possible
从前 我绝想不到会有这一天
but you destroyed that, Anthony. Remember?
是你亲手毁掉的安东尼 记得吗?
Look at me, Anthony.
看着我
Tomorrow the world will read that Ramsey is broke.
明天报上会登出我拉姆齐破产了
Doesn’t that please you?
这下你高兴了吧?
I’ve seen men jump out of windows for less,
我真想从窗户跳下去算了
but I’m going to fool you, Anthony
但我不想愚弄你
because I’ve suddenly realized that I haven’t lost a thing,
我突然明白 我并未失去什么
that I never gained one moment’s happiness out of it.
我也从未获得任何快乐
And I warn you, Anthony, and neither will you.
我警告你 安东尼
In spite of your victories,
如果我是你 不论你多成功
you can’t shut out every decent impulse and survive.
你无法阻止所有高贵的情操
You’re top- heavy with power right now, Anthony,
你现在虽然站在权力的巅峰
but you’re going to crack under it.
但你很快就会垮台
You’re bound to crack under it.
快就会垮台
And do you know what is going to happen, Mr. Anthony P. Kirby?
你知道你会有什么下场吗?
You’ll scream for help and suddenly find yourself alone in the world.
你会挣扎着求救 突然发现自己孤立无援
You’ll wriggle on the hook and find that nobody gives a hang.
你的爪牙们逃的逃散的散
I know because that’s what happened to me.
因为那正是我的下场
And it will happen to you.
也将是你的下场
That’s what happens to all men like us, Anthony.
我们这种人的下场都是一样
It’s coming to us, it’s coming to. . .
报应即将来临
He’s taking it kind of hard. Isn’t he? Always was a weak sister.
他似乎受了不小的打击? 未免太脆弱了
Sounded crazy to me.
好像发神经了
They’re waiting upstairs. Let’s get up there.
他们在楼上等着 快上去吧
Come along, A. P. , come along.
柯比先生 一起上去吧
Go upstairs and start things. I’ll be up in a minute.
你们先上去 我一下就来
But they’re waiting. I’ll be up in a minute.
他们在等 我一会儿就去
Hello, Dad. May I come in? Hello, Son. Come on in.
我可以进来吗? 孩子 进来
How are you?
你好吗?
Glad to see you. Sit down. I want to talk to you.
真高兴见到你 坐下 我有话告诉你
You know what I always said about
外面谣传
the Kirbys and Tennyson’s brook?
柯比公♥司♥会破产?
They go on forever.
我们永远不会垮的
If you’re talking about the meeting upstairs,
我知道你们开会讨论的事情了
l know all about that. Congratulations.
我全知道 祝贺你
Thank you, but that’s nothing at all.
谢谢你 但这没什么
There’s more to it than that.
还有比这更重要的
When I get through with them upstairs,
等我先解决了他们
there will be a new president.
会诞生以为新董事长
Do you know who that’s going to be?
你知道我会任命谁吗
Dad, I know you’re going to be busy, so I. . .
我知道 你等一下会很忙
I’m quitting.
我打算辞职
You’re quitting?
你要辞职?
I just handed in my resignation.
我用手写了一封辞呈
I’ve been thinking about it for a long time. . .
我已经考虑了很久
So, you’re quitting. What are you going to do?
那你打算做什么
I don’t know.
我不知道
I think I’ll go away for a while.
我可能会离开一阵子
Try and get myself organized.
把思绪整理一下
I’m was going to hang on to my job
在爱丽丝的事情解决之前
until this thing with Alice got all straightened out
我不打算工作
but that’s all over, so. . .
大概也快结束了
There’s no use waiting around for that.
等待是没有用的
I don’t know, I. . .
我不知道…
I thought, maybe after I get back,
或许我还会回来
I could start to work on that grass thing.
也许还会研究那些青草
You remember that thing
你还记得吗
Bob Smith and I fooled around with in college?
就是和鲍勃·史密斯当年搞的东西?
Yes.
是的
Dad, if you think it’s funny, I’m sorry.
如果你觉得好笑 我很遗憾
I came in here to say goodbye.
我是来向你道别的
Good bye?
道别?
Are you serious? Yes, I’m serious.
你是认真的? 我是跟你说真的
I don’t want any part of this, Dad.
我不想参与你的事业
I never did.
我从来都不喜欢
You can’t do this, after all the plans I made for you. . .
我替你安排了这么久
Dad, if I can just make you understand this.
你难道还不明白
I think this business is great. It’s good for you because you like it.
我认为这企业很适合你 因为你很喜欢
I don’t. And I never will.
但我不喜欢 以后也不会喜欢
I’ve tried to talk to you many times about it,
我尝试和你谈过许多次
but I just couldn’t get it out.
但就是说不出口
I used to be able to talk to you, Dad,
我从前有话就可以告诉你
but lately. . .
但最近…
I’ll probably be gone before you get home tonight.
今晚你回家时 可能我已经走了
Goodbye, Dad.
再见了 爸爸
Goodbye, son.
再见 儿子
Maybe when I get back,
或许等我回来的时候
we can sit down and have a good old- fashioned gabfest.
我们还可以像以前那样坐下来聊天
Yeah, yeah.
嗯 好的
Yes. It’s about Mr. Ramsey, sir.
什么事 关于拉姆齐先生
They just found him dead in the washroom.
有人发现拉姆齐死在厕所内
The doctor said it was heart failure.
医生说是心脏病
Yes?
你好?
What did you say?
你刚刚说什么?
They just found Mr. Ramsey dead.
他们刚刚发现拉姆齐死了
A. P. , they’re getting impatient upstairs.
他们在楼上没耐心了
I can’t hold them any longer.
我无法叫他们再等下去
Boardroom.
会议室
Get everything set. We’re on our way up.
快点准备 他要上去了
Hello, Mr. Kirby.
你好 科比先生
Fifty-second. Fifty-second.
五十二楼 五十二楼
Fifty- second, sir.
五十二楼到了
Take me down.
送我下去
Down? Down?
下去? 下去?
Where you going, A. P? We can’t postpone this meeting.
你要去哪里? 我们不能推迟这次会议
Take me down. We’ve been waiting on you for hours.
送我下去 我们已经等你几个小时了
What’s the matter, Mr. Kirby? Is there something wrong?
怎么回事 哪里不对劲吗?
Darned if I don’t think they enjoy this moving.
如果我认为他们不喜欢这运动
Don’t be silly. It’s killing them.
别傻了 这是杀害他们
It certainly is going to be gay around here when you leave, Grandpa?
你走了之后 大家会很难过的
Grandpa found the cutest place
爷爷在海边找了一间屋子
near where Alice is, right on the ocean.
靠近爱丽丝的住处
Lake, Penny. Lake. That’s what I said, lake.
是湖边 我就是这么说的

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!