Of course not.
你是个好姑娘
You’re a good girl.
你能做这些真是太好了
You’re very kind to do this.
下次你确定他们出门后 就告诉我
The next time you’re sure they’ll be out of the house, let me know.
谢谢您 先生
Thank you, sir.
先生 我想我弄明白钱的事了
I think I found out about the money, sir.
是吗 怎么回事
Yes? What?
他在这里放了七个鼻烟盒
He kept seven snuffboxes in here.
我发誓它们都是金子做的
I could swear they were all gold.
现在你看
And now look.
只剩下一个了
There’s only one left.
他在哪里工作
Where does he work?
在那里面 先生
In there, sir.
费加罗的婚礼 二重唱
先生们 我刚刚听到一个消息
Gentlemen, I’ve just heard some news
你们可能会感兴趣
that maybe of interest to you.
什么消息
What?
莫扎特正在写一部新歌♥剧 一部意大利语歌♥剧
Mozart is writing a new opera. An Italian opera.
意大利语
Italian?
还有呢 他选择的主题是费加罗
That’s not all. He has chosen for his subject, Figaro.
《费加罗的婚礼》
The Marriage of Figaro.
他要为那部戏剧谱曲吗
He’s setting that play to music?
是的
Yes.
什么是《费加罗的婚礼》
What is this Marriage of Figaro?
是一部法语戏剧 宫廷乐队长
It’s a French play, Kapellmeister.
它已经被皇帝禁止了
It has been banned by the emperor.
你确定无疑吗
You’re absolutely sure?
莫扎特先生
Herr Mozart.
先生们 请坐
Gentlemen, sit down.
莫扎特
Mozart.
你知不知道我已经宣布
Are you aware that I have declared
费加罗这部法语戏剧不适合在我们的剧院上演
the French play of Figaro unsuitable for our theater?
知道 陛下
Yes, sire.
但我们听说你在把它改编成歌♥剧 是真的吗
Yet we hear you’re making an opera from it. Is this true?
谁告诉您的 陛下
Who told you this, Majesty?
你没有资格提问
It is not your place to ask questions.
这事是不是真的
Is it true?
是的 我…
Yes, I….
我承认
I admit it is.
你能告诉我为什么吗
Would you tell me why?
陛下 这只是一部喜剧
Majesty, it is only a comedy.
莫扎特先生 你的看法不是重点
What you think, Herr Mozart, is scarcely the point.
陛下的看法才重要
It’s what His Majesty thinks that counts.
但是陛下…
But, Your Majesty–
莫扎特 我是个宽容的人
Mozart, I am a tolerant man.
我不会轻易查禁作品
I do not censor things lightly.
如果我这样做了 那都有充分理由
When I do, I have good reason.
费加罗是一部糟糕的戏剧
Figaro is a bad play.
它挑动了阶级之间的仇恨
It stirs up hatred between classes.
在法国 它带来的只有痛苦
In France, it has caused only bitterness.
我亲爱的妹妹安托瓦内特给我写信
My own dear sister Antoinette writes me
法国王后玛丽·安托瓦内特
死于法国大革命
说她已经开始害怕自己的人♥民♥了
that she is beginning to be frightened of her own people.
陛下 我发誓 陛下
Sire, I swear to you, Your Majesty.
在我的作品里没有这样的东西
There’s nothing like that in the piece.
我已经把可能造成冒犯的东西都拿掉了
I’ve taken out everything that could give offense.
我讨厌政♥治♥
I hate politics.
恐怕你太天真了 我的朋友
I’m afraid you’re rather innocent, my friend.
在这样危险的时期
In these dangerous times
我不能让我们的贵族或者人♥民♥
I cannot afford to provoke our nobles or our people
仅仅因为一部戏剧而被激怒
simply over a theater piece.
陛下 这只是娱乐
Majesty, this is just a frolic.
这是一部关于爱的作品
It’s a piece about love.
“爱” 又来了
“Love”. Again!
而且它是新的
And it’s new!
它是全新的 人们会为之疯狂
It’s entirely new. It’s so new, the people will go mad for it.
我有一些场景…
I have scenes….
比如说第二幕的结尾
The end of Act II, for example.
一开始只是简单的二重唱
It starts out as a simple duet.
只有一对夫妇在吵架
Just a husband and a wife quarreling.
突然 妻子那位足智多谋的女仆加入了
Suddenly, the wife’s scheming maid comes in.
这是非常好笑的情景
It’s a very funny situation.
二重唱变成了三重唱
Duet turns into trio.
然后丈夫的贴身男仆也加入了
Then the husband’s valet comes in.
他在与女仆商量计谋
He’s plotting with the maid.
三重唱变成了四重唱
Trio turns into quartet.
接着一个愚蠢的老园丁也加入进来
Then a stupid old gardener comes in.
四重唱变成了五重唱
Quartet becomes quintet.
就这样一个接一个
And so on, on and on.
六重唱 七重唱 八重唱
Sextet, septet, octet.
您觉得我能把这个维持多久 陛下
How long do you think I can sustain that, Majesty?
我不知道
I have no idea.
猜猜
Guess.
猜猜 陛下
Guess, Your Majesty.
想象一下这样的唱法最多能维持多久
Imagine the longest time such a thing could be sustained,
然后再乘二
then double it.
好吧
Well….
六…
Six…
七分钟
seven minutes?
-八分钟 -二十 陛下 二十分钟
– Eight minutes? – Twenty, sire. Twenty minutes!
二十分钟连绵不断的音乐 没有宣叙调
Twenty minutes of continuous music. No recitatives!
陛下 只有歌♥剧能够如此
Sire, only opera can do this.
在戏剧中 如果有不止一个人同时说话
In a play, if more than one person speaks at once,
那只会是噪音
it’s just noise.
没人能听懂场上说了什么
No one can understand a word.
但通过歌♥剧 通过音乐
But with opera, with music…
通过音乐
with music…
你可以让二十个人在同一时间说话
you can have 20 individuals all talking at the same time.
那不会是噪音 而是完美的和声
It’s not noise. It’s a perfect harmony!
莫扎特 现在的问题不是音乐
Mozart, music is not the issue here.
没有人♥质♥疑你的才华
No one doubts your talent.
我们质疑的是你对文学作品的判断力
It’s your judgment of literature that’s in question.
即使拿掉政♥治♥元素
Even with the politics taken out,
这玩意也仍然只是粗俗的闹剧
this thing would still remain a vulgar farce.
为什么要把你的精力浪费在这样的垃圾上
Why waste your spirit on such rubbish?
你完全可以选择更高雅的主题
Surely you can choose more elevated themes.
高雅 高雅 什么叫高雅
Elevated! Elevated! What does that mean, elevated?
我受够了这些…
I am fed to the teeth with all these…
高雅的东西 老旧的传奇
elevated things. Old dead legends.
为什么我们要永远只写神和传奇呢
Why must we go on forever writing only about gods and legends?
因为它们就是这样
Because they do.
它们是永恒的
They go on forever.
至少它们代表了我们生命中不朽的部分
At least what they represent: the eternal in us.
歌♥剧是为了让我们变得高贵的 莫扎特
Opera is here to ennoble us, Mozart.
你 我 还有陛下都是一样的
You and me, just the same as His Majesty.
说得真好
Bello. Veramente.
“真好 真好” 行了 诚实一点吧
“Bello, bello, bello.” Come on now, be honest!
你们哪个人不是宁愿听你们的美发师唱歌♥
Which one of you wouldn’t rather listen to your hairdresser
希腊神话人物和罗马传说中的英雄
也不想听赫拉克勒斯 贺雷修斯 俄耳甫斯
than Hercules, or Horatius, or Orpheus.
那些崇高的人
People so lofty,
听上去就好像他们连拉的屎都是大理石
they sound as if they shit marble!
什么
What!
管好你那张嘴 莫扎特 你好大的胆子
Govern your tongue, Mozart! How dare you!
请您原谅 陛下
Forgive me, Majesty.
我是个粗人
I’m a vulgar man,
但我向您保证 我的音乐不是
but I assure you, my music is not.
你很有激♥情♥ 莫扎特
You are passionate, Mozart,
但你没有说服力
but you do not persuade.
陛下 整部歌♥剧都已经完成了
Sire, the whole opera is finished.
您知道我付出了多大的努力吗
Do you know how much work went into it?
陛下已经拿出了极大的耐心了 先生

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
前一篇文章8英里
下一篇文章黑衣人2
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!