He was making photographs from 70,000 feet when he was shot from the sky.
我的国人认为 这是战争行为
People in my country consider this an act of war.
我们得摆脱这个互不信任的恶性循环
We have to get off this merry-go-round, sir.
两国政♥府♥若决定错误将酿成大祸
The next mistake our countries make could be the last one.
我们要进行政♥府♥之间不能进行的对话
We need to have the conversation our governments can’t.
我会问莫斯科
I will ask Moscow.
谁知道他们会怎么说
Who knows what they will say.
唐纳文先生 有很多人
There are a lot of people, Mr. Donovan,
甚至都不愿让这次交换实施
who doesn’t want this exchange to ever take place.
你可以明天再来此处…
Can you come back tomorrow…
讨论他们的答案吗
to discuss their answer?
鲍尔换阿贝尔
Powers for Abel.
还有费德瑞克普莱尔
And Frederic Pryor.
就像我说的 普莱尔在…
As I said, Pryor is in the hands of the organs of State Security…
东德国安局手上
of the German Democratic Republic.
我有信心你能安排
I’m confident you can make arrangements.
我只是一个外国使♥馆♥的秘书
I am merely a secretary in the embassy of foreign power.
好 好吧
Okay, okay.
你得见沃格先生 我给你他的地址
You have to see Mr. Vogel. I’ll give you his address.
沃格先生真的存在
There actually is a Mr. Vogel?
你怎么会觉得不存在呢
Why would you imagine otherwise?
搭出租车很近的
It’s a short cab ride.
还有 唐纳文先生 这种天气请穿件大衣
And please, Mr. Donovan, wear an overcoat in this weather.
我的被偷了
I had mine stolen from me.
当然了 是在高级百货公♥司♥买♥♥的
What do you expect? It was from Saks Fifth Avenue.
不是吗
Wasn’t it?
唐纳文先生
Mr. Donovan.
沃格先生
Mr. Vogel.
请进
Please come in.
大使♥馆♥的事很抱歉
Sorry about the embassy.
但苏联政♥府♥决定不邀请我
But the Soviets decided not to host me.
令人不快
Very irritating.
我还在尝试 了解双方的…
I am still trying to grasp each party’s…
立场
Status?
是 还有交换俘虏的利益
Yes. And interest in the proceedings.
这是个新世界
It’s a new world.
令人一头雾水 不是吗
All very disorienting, isn’t it?
我告诉你我的提议吧
Let me tell you what I have to offer.
我是好朋友…
I’m a good friend…
“朋友” 不对 他比较年长
“Friend.” No, he’s older.
“爱徒”吧
“Protégé”?
我是东德检察总长的爱徒
Of the attorney general of the German Democratic Republic.
请坐
Sit down, please.
这位不幸的…
This unfortunate…
费德瑞克普莱尔
Frederic Pryor…
在错误的时间出现在错误的地点
he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
但每个意外也可以视为转机 对吧
But every accident, properly viewed, is an opportunity, isn’t it,
唐纳文先生
Mr. Donovan?
贵国拒绝承认德意志民♥主♥共和国
Your country refuses to recognize the German Democratic Republic.
他们宁愿编故事 说东德不存在
They prefer to make up stories that the GDR doesn’t exist, for instance.
抱歉
Sorry.
为了迫使贵国政♥府♥承认这个地方真的存在
As a means of forcing your government’s recognition of this real place, sir…
也就是你所在的东德
in which you find yourself, the GDR…
检察总长很乐意与你这位
the attorney general is happy to negotiate with you
政♥府♥代表…
as a representative of your government…
谈判普莱尔先生的释放问题
for Mr. Pryor’s return.
沃格先生 我不是以美国政♥府♥代表的身份来的
Mr. Vogel, I’m not here as a representative of my government.
好吧
All right.
我觉得那样说很幼稚 唐纳文先生
I think that’s childish, Mr. Donovan.
我没有官方身份
I have no official status.
好啊
Fine.
你不代表美国 我不代表东德
You do not represent the USA, I do not represent the GDR.
我的客户是莉迪亚阿贝尔 鲁道夫的妻子
My client is Lydia Abel, Rudolf’s wife.
我也有…
And I have also…
莉迪亚是女儿 海伦才是妻子
Lydia is the daughter. Helen is the wife.
我准备提议用费德瑞克普莱尔 交换鲁道夫阿贝尔
I am prepared to offer Frederic Pryor’s exchange for Rudolf Abel’s.
我们说清楚 我们会带鲁道夫阿贝尔
Then let’s be clear. We will produce Rudolf Abel.
同时 你们会带普莱尔那学生
You will produce, at the same time, the student, Pryor.
同时
At the same time?
当然
Absolutely.
提议是用生命走到尽头的苏联人
The exchange on offer is a Russian at the end of his life…
交换人生才刚开始的美国学生
for an American student at the start of his.
希斯肯 他不是大使♥馆♥秘书
Schischkin? He’s not an embassy secretary.
伊凡希斯肯是西欧的克格勃主管
Ivan Schischkin is the KGB’s chief in western Europe.
不管他是谁 他会把我们的提议带去莫斯科
Whatever he is, he’s relaying our proposal to Moscow…
他们会决定
and they’ll decide.
我可以借一件大衣吗 我的丢了
Could I borrow a coat? I lost mine.
大衣怎么会丢了
How did you lose your coat?
你知道的 间谍这一行就是这样
You know, spy stuff.
我再拿一件给你
I’ll get you another coat.
好 因为…
Good, because…
所以沃格是什么人
So who is this Vogel?
他 我们不知道
Him, we don’t know.
可能如你所说 是检察总长的朋友
He might be what you said he said he is. Friend of the attorney general.
东德指定来处理这件事的人
Just some guy the GDR tapped to handle this.
听起来东德极力想分一杯羹
Sounds like the East Germans are fighting for a place at our table.
东德替苏联将阿贝尔带回来 赢得他们的尊重
The GDR gets Abel back for the Russians, winning their respect…
大肆宣传他们的理想
and capturing the headlines for their cause.
当然 东德在世界就占有一席之地
Which, of course, puts East Germany on the map.
但我们不在乎他们的地位
But we don’t care about their map.
继续跟苏联谈
Stick with the Russians.
继续谈 鲍尔换阿贝尔
Stick with the Russians. It’s Powers for Abel.
所以 这一切表示真的要换人
So, does all this mean this might actually happen?
是啊 照你说的似乎是如此
Yeah, that’s what you seem to be telling me.
我们带阿贝尔上飞机 他周五就会抵达
We’ll put Abel on a plane, he’ll be here Friday.
所以 如果希斯肯得到许可
So, if Schischkin gets the okay,
就剩下交换的细节了
all that’s left is the mechanics of the trade.
怎么用他们的人换我们的人
How we swap our guy for their guy.
我们的两个人 鲍尔和普莱尔
Our “guys.” Two guys. Powers and Pryor.
不行 现在不能心软
No, now don’t go bleeding heart on me.
鲍尔才是最重要的
Powers is the whole ball game.
别管那个大学生 他显然以为冷战期间…
Forget this Ivy League boy, who obviously thought it was a good idea…
去柏林念苏联经济是个好主意
to study Soviet economics in Berlin in the middle of the Cold War.
我们需要的是鲍尔
Powers is who we need.
你根本不喜欢鲍尔
You don’t even like Powers.
大家都讨厌鲍尔
Everybody hates Powers.
他没有自尽 让共♥产♥党公开示众
He didn’t kill himself and he let the commies parade him on television.
他是全美最被痛恨的人
He’s the most hated man in America.
在鲁道夫阿贝尔之后 也许吧
After Rudolf Abel, maybe.
还有我
And me.
起来
Now wake up!
我要睡觉
I gotta sleep.
我只想睡觉
I just gotta sleep.
我告诉过你 我们谈过我想谈的事 你就可以睡
I told you, you can sleep once we talk what we need to talk.
专心听我说
You must focus on me.
你的国家不管你了 你知道的
Your government doesn’t care about you. You know that.
任何一个都不管
Any of you.
你知道12个脑部受损的U-2飞行员吗
You know that twelve U-2 pilots incurred brain damage?
他们变植物人 因为海拔过高氧气不足
They’re vegetables because of altitude, insufficient oxygen.
但他们要你继续飞 你和你朋友
But they keep you flying, Gary. You and your friends.
他们给你这个 用来自杀 是吧
They gave you this. A scratcher, yes?
氰化钾
Potassium cyanide.
这样看起来像是他们在乎你吗
Does that look like they care about you?
自毁装置的结构是什么
What is the construction of the destructor unit?
用什么方式操作装置
By what means is this unit operated?
装置安装什么炸♥药♥ 有什么摧毁能力
With what explosives is the unit charged, and what destruction is it capable of?
我不知道
I don’t know.
飞行员从来没看过任何设备
The pilots were never shown any of the equipment.
飞越过程中 雷达可以探测多大的范围
How wide far can the radar map an area during an overflight?
我不知道 我不知道
I don’t know, I don’t know!
四月九日 你是不是飞越…

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
前一篇文章最长的旅程
下一篇文章大空头
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!