我代表那些牺牲的人们 接受此奖项
I accept this honor for our lost ones,
他们的鲜血铺就了我们的道路
whose deaths pave our path.
为了两千万黑人男女同胞们
And for the 20 million Negro men and women
我们为了尊严而行动 蔑视所有绝望
motivated by dignity and a disdain for hopelessness.
这领带不对
This isn’t right.
科瑞
Corrie.
这不对
This ain’t right.
怎么了
What’s that?
这个领带 系得不对
This necktie. It’s not right.
亲爱的 这不是一般的领带 是宽丝绸领带
Well, it’s not a necktie, dear. It’s an ascot.
我知道 但通常来说系的方法是一样的 不是吗
Yes, but generally the same principles should apply, shouldn’t they?
看着就是不对
It’s not right.
是系得不对 还是你不喜欢
It’s not right, or you don’t like it?
这种样式我不喜欢
I don’t like how this looks.
我觉得既尊贵又温文尔雅
Looks distinguished and debonair to me.
我明白我的意思
You know what I mean.
这好像我们过着很奢侈的生活
Like we’re living high on the hog.
我们可以打扮成这样 而家乡的人们…
Dressed like this while folks back home are…
这样不对
It’s not right.
等回去之后他们见到我怎么说吧
Wait till the brothers back home see me like this.
够他们笑的了
They’ll have a good laugh.
让他们笑去吧
Let them laugh.
离家几天又不犯法 马丁
It’s not a crime to be away for a few days, Martin.
出个门也挺好的 对吧
It’s nice being away, huh?
是啊 的确
Yeah. It really is.
听我说
Look here.
我以后要去个小地方当牧师
I’m gonna be a pastor somewhere small.
大学城
College town.
在小教堂当神父 教点书
Lead a little church. Teach a class.
可能偶尔做做演讲
Maybe the occasional speaking engagement.
那我得付全家的账单了
And I’ll pay all the bills for us,
尤其是自家房♥子的贷款
especially the mortgage for our very own house.
那太好了
Perfect.
你看上去很帅气
You look handsome.
尽管重重阻碍
Through it all,
马丁·路德·金提出了自己的梦想
Martin Luther King has spoken of his dream.
这个梦想
One which we
是我们 以及全世界其他许多人都共有的
and many other people around the world share.
他是为了正义迎难而上的英雄
To this undeterred hero for justice,
挪威奥斯陆的诺贝尔奖委员会
the Nobel Committee of Oslo, Norway,
向他颁发196♥4♥年度和平奖
awards our 196♥4♥ Peace Prize.
我代表那些牺牲的人们 接受此奖项
I accept this honor for our lost ones,
他们的鲜血铺就了我们的道路
whose deaths pave our path.
我把这个奖献给两千多万的美国黑人
I accept this honor for the more than 20 million American Negroes
我们为了尊严而行动
who are motivated by dignity.
齐心协力 我们坚信
Together we believe that what the illusion
霸权的幻想终将破灭
of supremacy has destroyed,
平等的真理会繁荣兴旺
the truth of equality can nourish.
我向你们保证 这一点都不可怕
I promise you. It ain’t nothing to be scared of.
很快的 而且牧师就在你身边
It’s quick. And the pastor is right there next to you.
嗯 但最大的问题是头发会弄湿
Yeah, but the biggest thing is getting your hair wet up.
我当天早晨才烫直了头发
I got my hair pressed that same morning
一沾到水就全废了
and it was wasted as soon as I hit the water.
我该听妈妈的话 戴泳帽来
I should have worn a swim cap like Mama said.
我问了妈妈
See, I asked my mama
自己能不能弄跟科瑞塔·斯科特·金一样的发型
could she make my hair like Coretta Scott King had hers
她在华盛顿游♥行♥时候那样的
at the Washington March.
但她说那太成熟了
But she said that was too grown.
噢我好喜欢她的头发
Oh, I love her hair.
我听说她都不用卷发棒的 天生就是那样
I heard she don’t even put rollers in it. It’s just like that.
但我研究过了 我知道她的发型是怎么做的
But I studied it. I know how she do it.
把头发从中间分开 然后…
See, she parts in the middle and then…
安妮·李·库伯
Annie Lee Cooper!
快点过来吧 我可没有整天时间陪你耗
Get on up now. I ain’t got all day.
你是在疗养院为邓恩先生工作的 对吧
You work for Mr. Dunn down at the rest home, ain’t that right?
是的
Yes.
不知道邓恩先生会怎么想 如果我告诉他
Wonder what old Dunn’ll say when I tell him
他手下的人来这里忙着小题大做了
one of his gals is down here stirring a fuss.
我这不是小题大做 我只是想注册并投票
I ain’t stirring no fuss. I’m just here trying to register to vote.
这次我都填对了
It’s all right this time.
我说对才对
It’s right when I say it’s right.
背诵宪法序言 知道”序言”是什么吗
Recite the Constitution’s preamble. Know what a preamble is?
“我们合众国人♥民♥”
“We the people of the United States,
“为建立更完善的联盟”
“in order to form a more perfect union,
“树立正义”
“establish justice,
“保障国内安宁”
“ensure domestic tranquility,
“提供共同防务 促进公共福利…”
“provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare…”
阿♥拉♥巴马州有多少县法官
How many county judges in Alabama?
67个
Sixty-seven.
把名字都说出来
Name them.
结束没有 还没结束吗
Aren’t we done? Are we not done with this?
-这事还有完没完了 -我也不知道 总统先生
-Will this ever end? -I don’t know, Mr. President.
一份详尽的计划已经安排好了
A comprehensive plan is already in place.
法案六个月前才刚刚通过
The act was only passed six months ago.
缺乏耐心只会有损大局
So hammer home that impatience only hurts the overall cause.
我们就快成功了 只需要不断重申我们的计划
We’re… We’re getting there. Just… Just keep reiterating the plan.
不 他不想再听什么重申
No, he doesn’t want reiteration.
他有需求 这样就可以说
He wants something so he can say,
“我告诉你了 我有一个梦想”
“Look, I told you I had a dream
“这些梦想都他妈的实现了 不管你喜不喜欢”
“and it’s all coming goddamn true, whether you like it or not!”
这才是他想要的
That’s what he wants.
他需要做的是 跟我们站到统一阵营
What he needs to do is get on board with what we’re doing
而不是作对 哪怕一次都好
instead of the other way around. For once!
总统先生 金博士到了
Mr. President, Dr. King.
总统先生
Mr. President.
金博士
Dr. King.
实话告诉你 我虽然长得高
Well, I’ll tell you. I’m a tall son-of-a-bitch,
但站在你这位诺贝尔奖得主面前
but this close to the new Nobel laureate
加之你最近获得的诸多荣誉
and with all those other trinkets you’ve been collecting lately,
我感觉自己就像小狗一样矮小
I feel tits-high to a puppy dog.
谢谢您 总统先生
Well, thank you, Mr. President.
怀特先生
Mr. White.
-好的 -金博士
-Dr. King. -All right.
告诉你吧 能够结束种族隔离
I’ll tell you, ending segregation,
签署6♥4♥年的民权法案 是我人生最荣耀的时刻
proudest moment of my life when I signed that ‘6♥4♥ Act.
人生最荣耀的时刻
Proudest moment of my life, I tell you.
你也知道
Now civil rights is a priority
-民权问题已是本届政♥府♥的首要任务 -谢谢
-of this administration as you know. -Thank you.
我们会直面挑战
We’re gonna face the challenge,
不然这个国家的问题将越积越多
or this country is storing up a heap of trouble for itself.
现在 我也知道无法说服你和政♥府♥合作
Now, seeing as I can’t convince you to work with my administration
以白宫官方人员的身份
in an official capacity inside the White House,
我自觉十分幸运
I feel damn fortunate
能有像你这样的政♥治♥家
to have someone as statesmanlike as you
来领导这场运动
leading the movement.
我希望继续由你来领导 不要别人
And I want you to go on leading it. No one else.
不要马尔科姆·X那种激进分子
Not one of these militant Malcolm X types.
所以我想助你们一臂之力 请告知我该怎么做
So… I wanna help. Tell me how.
那么 总统先生
Well, Mr. President,
我此行的目的是特别关于
I’m here to speak specifically about the denial
黑人公民的基本权利遭到了拒绝
of a basic American right for the Negro citizen.
我们的选举权
The right to vote.
这个 事实上…
Well… Technically…
既定事实是 我们已经有选举权 没错 总统先生
Technically, we already have it. Yes, Mr. President.
但我们都知道 在南方
But, we both know in the South
黑人选民无法注册 也无法参与投票
black voters are kept off the rolls and out of the voting booths
因为他们遭到各方的恐吓 总统先生
by systematic intimidation and fear, Mr. President.
你也问起 自己怎样才能帮到忙
Now, you asked how you can help.
我们需要联邦立法
We want Federal legislation
保证黑人公民能安心参与选举
granting Negroes the right to vote unencumbered.

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
前一篇文章完美音调
下一篇文章X射线营地
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!