我叫约 – 哦 真有趣
My name’s Joey. – Oh, how interesting.
我还有一个叫卡斯的叔叔呢
And I have a dog called Towser.
你能不能出去 我要换衣服了
Now, do you mind going? ‘Cause I have to finish dressing.
你真不记得一个叫约的了?
But you don’t remember anyone called Joey
你那时还是一个小姑娘
when you were a little girl?
小姑娘?
Little girl?
哦 你不是约·马里奥特吗?
You’re not Joey Marryot?
弗兰妮 真是太棒了
Fanny! Isn’t it marvelous?
隐蔽 隐蔽 隐蔽
Take cover! Take cover! Take cover!
隐蔽 隐蔽 – 快躲到地下室去 快一点
Take cover! Take cover! – Under cover, please.
快躲到地下室去
Under cover, please.
你听到了吗? – 听到了
Did you hear that? – Yes.
是空袭 快躲到地下室去
Air raid. Take cover in the basement.
很好 可地下室在哪儿呢?
Well, that’s all very well, but where is the basement?
别管地下室了 我们去屋顶吧
Oh, never mind the basement. Let’s go up on the roof.
哦 这下看得更清楚了
Oh, that’s that. I can’t see a thing.
哦 太暗了 看样子我打破了什么
JOEY: Oh, curse the dark. I’m smashing the room to bits.
我踩到了什么?
JOEY: What on earth have I got hold of?
感觉像是一盘压扁的香蕉
Feels like a tray of squashed bananas.
谢谢 那是我的化妆盒
Thanks. That’s my makeup box.
他们都到哪儿去了
FANNY: Here, we’re missing all the fun.
把你的手给我
Catch hold of my hand.
这一下好多了 – 这边 当心别摔倒
That’s better. – This way. Now, don’t fall over.
哦 亲爱的 我看不见
JOEY: Oh, dear. I can’t see a thing.
哦 瞧那
Oh. There it is.
哦 约 真刺♥激♥
Oh, Joey, isn’t it thrilling?
是很刺♥激♥
Marvelous.
♪ It’s a long way to Tipperary ♪
♪ It’s a long way to go ♪
♪ It’s a long way to Tipperary ♪
♪ To the sweetest girl I know ♪
是啊 有时候很难受
Yes, it’s pretty hard at times…
又是泥浆 又是污秽
All the muck and filth.
当你看到整个连队就你一个人还活着时
And it’s a bit weird when you find yourself the only surviving officer
那感觉奇怪极了
who went out with the battalion.
我想 也许是某种平衡法则
‘Course it may be sort of the law of averages,
使爱德华随泰坦尼克号♥去了之后 给母亲的弥补
to make up to Mother for Edward going down on the Titanic.
嗯 也许我只是运气好
Or perhaps I’m just lucky.
算了 说这些有什么用呢?今晚又得回去了
Anyway, what’s the good of talking? Gotta go back tonight.
啊 再喝最后一杯
Just one last twinkle.
哦 亲爱的 别再让我喝了 我会醉的
Oh, my darling, don’t give me any more. I shall be tight.
你难道希望我一上台就醉倒吗?
You don’t want me to fall down during my first number, do you?
晚餐不错 是吧?
Fun, having dinner here, wasn’t it?
好极了 亲爱的
Lovely fun, darling.
请准备上台
Curtain’s up, please.
哦 天哪 只有五分钟了
Oh, heavens. I’m on in five minutes.
你今晚给我写信吗?
Will you really write to me tonight?
我当然会的
Of course I will.
我答应你
I promised.
演出后会有很多人围着你
Well, you’ll be smothered with people after the show,
你没有时间
and you won’t have time.
那我幕间休息时就写 然后让玛姬寄出去
I’ll write you in the first interval and send Maggie out to post it.
可爱的老玛姬
Dear old Maggie.
亲爱的
Darling.
还有一分钟 我们就要告别了
In about one minute, we’ve got to say good-bye.
你的鲜花 小姐
Flowers, miss.
拿给玛姬 让她放在水里
Oh, give them to Maggie and tell her to put them in water.
是的 小姐
Yes, miss.
现在别走 约
Don’t go yet, Joey.
等我演完了第一场 等着
Stay till my first act. Wait.
不行 我答应回家去的
Can’t. I promised to go home.
妈妈等着我呢
Mother’s waiting for me.
留下吧 亲爱的 – 不行 真的不行
Do stay, darling. – I can’t. Really, I can’t.
对不起
I’m sorry.
你是不行
Of course you can’t.
所以现在我就给你
So I’ll give it to you now.
什么?
What?
我给你做的一件小东西
Just a little something I had made for you.
带着我的爱
With my love.
哦 真漂亮
Oh, how marvelous.
这没什么 它会使你想起我们的快乐时光
Oh, it’s nothing. Just a reminder of all the fun we’ve had.
你真是我的宝贝
You’re a darling.
可你没明白我的意思
Oh, but you’ve missed the whole point.
它能打开 看
It opens. Look.
我会留着它的 永远 永远
I’ll keep it… Forever and ever…
永远
And ever.
哦 亲爱的 我真希望我没有这样爱上你
Oh, darling, I almost wish I didn’t love you quite so terribly.
我现在回前线真是太痛苦了
It makes going back just a bit too thick somehow.
我会想念你的
I shall miss you…
会很痛苦
Dreadfully.
布里吉斯小姐 请
Miss Bridges, please.
好了 我该上场了
Heavens, that’s my call.
我们很快乐 是不是?
It has been fun, hasn’t it?
简直像天堂
Heavenly.
你不后悔吗?说心里话
And you don’t regret it? Any of it?
一点也不
Not a moment.
你真是太好了
Oh, how wonderful you are.
你真的爱我吗?发自内心深处的
Do you really love me? Deep down inside, I mean.
当然是的
Of course, I do.
足以使你嫁给我?
Enough to marry me?
是的 可我不会
Yes, but I wouldn’t.
为什么? – 太艰难了
Oh, why not? – Too difficult.
再说 我们的婚姻不会幸福
Besides, we shouldn’t be happy married.
你妈妈会不喜欢的 – 她会喜欢的
And your mother wouldn’t like it. – She’d be all right.
我们现在先不谈这事 等你回来再说 好吗?
Let’s not talk about it now. Let’s wait until you come back.
哦 不 – 不 不 不要现在 亲爱的
Oh, no. – No. No, not now, dear.
我明白
I see.
布里吉斯小姐 快点
Miss Bridges, please!
听着 约 我爱你 你也爱我
Listen, Joey. I love you, and you love me.
可我得上场了 我要晚了
And I’ve got to go now. I’m late.
你也得走了
And you’ve got to go, too.
可我不和你告别
But I’m not going to say good-bye.
我们那么快乐 快乐极了
We’ve had fun, grand fun.
我不希望你忘了我
And I don’t want you to forget me.
所以我把那个盒子给了你
That’s why I gave you the locket.
好好珍藏着 约
Keep it close to you, Joey.
亲爱的 约
Darling Joey.
布里吉斯小姐 快上场
MAN: Miss Bridges, you’re keeping the stage.
没有多少时间告别了
Not much time for good-byes.
我很高兴 真的 你不高兴吗? – 非常高兴
I’m glad, really. Aren’t you? – Awfully.
我都不知道该说什么了
I never know what to say.
我已经习以为常了
I’m almost hardened.
这个时候太多了
This has happened so often.
亲爱的妈妈 你真是好样的
Dearest Mum, you are wonderful.
从来不会大惊小怪
You never make a fuss.
别这么哄我了 约
Don’t be too sweet to me, Joey.
我不想丢人现眼
I don’t want to behave badly.
你?你才不会丢人现眼呢
You? You couldn’t behave badly.
哦 真好笑
Oh, how funny.
罗伯特当年也是这么对我说的
Robert said that to me years and years ago.
当时是打布尔人
‘Twas the Boer War then.
现在一切不同了
This is all so different.
再见 妈妈
Good-bye, dear.
再见 宝贝
Good-bye, darling.
好好照顾自己 路上去看看你♥爸♥爸
Take care of yourself. Try to see your father on the way.
是 我尽量去看他 再见 – 再见
Yes, if I can. Good-bye. – Good-bye.
抽烟吗? – 谢谢
Cigarette? – Thanks.
是新兵? – 是的 真是棒极了
First time out? – Yes, marvelous, isn’t it?
棒极了 棒极了 – 你回去高兴吗?
Marvelously marvelous. – Aren’t you glad to be going back?
当然高兴
Terribly.
我还以为这场战争
I thought it was all going to finish
没等我上来就会结束呢
before I was old enough to go out.