我也曾经这样想过
So did I, once.
我得去找检运官了
Sorry, I gotta see the RTO.
检运官 是干什么的?
RTO? What’s that?
检运官负责所有的运输管理 不知道吗?
Railway Transport Officer. Don’t you know anything?
对不起 长官 – 什么事?
Excuse me, sir. – Yes. What is it?
销假返回 第一皇家绿衣军
Returning from leave. First Greenjackets.
上士 看看这位军官在哪列火车
Staff Sergeant, see about this officer’s train, will you?
是 长官
Yes, sir.
我可以说话吗?
May I speak to you a moment?
我现在很忙 你能不能先找一下上士?
I’m fearfully busy. Won’t the staff sergeant do?
恐怕不行 爸爸
I’m afraid not, Father.
什么…
What the…
你怎么知道我在这?
How’d you know I was here?
在基地查到的
Found out at the base.
哦 你这淘气鬼 妈妈还好吧?
Oh, you young devil. How’s Mother?
好极了 – 但又在忙个不停 我想
Splendid. – Just about killing herself, I suppose,
又在为战争服务的事
with war work and all that.
她真的好极了
She’s pretty wonderful.
你也显得很疲倦 长官
You look pretty tired, too, sir.
哦 我正忙着运送士兵 而且得快
Well, we’re moving troops very rapidly.
敌军在逃跑
Enemy’s on the run.
你休假干了一些什么
What did you do with your leave?
哦 不知道 我♥干♥了很多事
Oh, I don’t know. Lots of things.
我去看了玛格丽特姑妈
I saw Aunt Margaret.
是啊 躲不开的 是吗?
Yes. Couldn’t dodge it, I suppose?
她好吧? – 她很好
How is she? – She’s all right.
你什么时候休假 长官?
When do you go on leave, sir?
也许永远不会
Probably never again.
天哪 为什么?
Good Lord, why?
因为他们正在商谈停火协议
Because they’re talking about an armistice.
不 – 是的
No. – Fact.
我们也许过几周就都回家了
We may all be home in a few weeks.
第一皇家绿衣军的列车 一号♥站台
Train for First Greenjackets, number one platform,
五分钟以后出发 长官
five minutes, sir.
五分钟?我得去拿行李了
Five minutes? I gotta collect my kit.
再见 爸爸 – 再见
Good-bye, Dad. – Good-bye.
好好照顾自己 约
Good of you to look me up, Joey.
再见
Good-bye.
我是总指挥赫尔姆将军
General Staff Home Command speaking.
停火协定已经签署 所有敌对行动
“An armistice has been signed and hostilities will cease today
今天晚上十一点以前必须结束
“at 11:00 ack-emma.
十一点整
“At 11:00 precisely,
炮兵部队将开炮二十一响 以示敬意
“the Hyde Park battery will fire a salute of 21 guns.
负责迫击炮的军官们也将发出信♥号♥♥
“And the officer in charge of mortars will let off a salvo of maroons.
书面命令马上就到
“Written orders will follow.
请各军官密切注意信♥号♥♥
“Officers will now proceed to synchronize watches.”
准备好了吗?
Are you ready?
夫人一会儿就下来
Her ladyship will not keep you a moment, madam.
那就多谢了
Much obliged, I’m sure.
哦 艾伦
Why, Ellen.
我的侍女说是布里吉斯太太
My maid said, “Mrs. Bridges.”
可没想到会是你
it never occurred to me that it was you.
是我 我是想来拜访一下
Yes, I just thought I’d call.
说实在的 我有非常重要的事情
It’s rather important, as a matter of fact.
啊 请坐
Do sit down.
真高兴再见到你哦
I’m delighted to see you again.
谢谢
Thank you.
弗兰妮还好吗? – 她很好
How’s Fanny? – Oh, very well.
她现在已经出名了
She’s in Over the Moon now, you know.
我来见你 就是为了她的事情
It’s about her I’ve come to see you, really.
哦 为什么?
Oh. Well?
哦 她的情绪不大对头啊
Well, it’s rather difficult.
出了什么事?
Oh, what’s the matter?
哦 是她和少爷…
About her and Master…
她和约
Her and Joe.
约? – 是的 约
Joe’? – Yes, Joe.
怎么说呢…
They’ve been having a…
坦率地说 你应该明白我的意思
Well, to put it frankly, if you know what I mean…
他们两个人私通了
They’ve been having an affair.
他上两次休假 常常和弗兰妮在一起
His last two leaves he’s spent a lot of time with her.
我倒是不怎么在乎这件事情 只是…
I wouldn’t have come to see you about it at all, only…
弗兰妮最近好像心神不宁
Well, I think Fanny’s very upset about it.
现在战争结束了
Now that the war is over
他要回家了 我想…
and he’ll be coming home, I thought that…
你的看法呢? – 我觉得他们应该结婚
What did you think? – I thought they ought to get married.
她想嫁给他吗?
Does she want to marry him?
不 不是这样的 那…
No, not exactly. That is…
哦 我还没有跟她谈呢
Oh, well, I haven’t talked about it to her.
她不知道我知道的事
She doesn’t know I know.
你知道什么? – 我发现了他的一封信
How do you know? – Found a letter from him.
你看了信? – 是的 我看了
And you read it? – Yes. I’ve got it here.
我还带来了 – 我不想看 谢谢
I brought it with me. – I don’t wish to see it, thank you.
我把它带来 是因为我觉得你也许…
Oh, but I only brought it because I thought you might…
告诉我 弗兰妮有什么麻烦吗?
Tell me, is Fanny in any sort of trouble?
哦 不…她没有那种事
Oh, no, nothing like that.
我想最好等约回来再说
I think we’d better wait until Joe comes home.
他们自己会决定的
Then they can decide.
哦 我可不想让你感到不安
Well. I’m sure I didn’t wish to upset you.
我并没有不安
I’m not in the least upset.
可是这件事情一直压在我的心里
But it’s been on my mind.
都快要把我愁死了
It’s been worrying me to death.
我觉得你在见我之前
I think you should have spoken to your daughter
应该先和你的女儿谈一谈
before you came to see me.
我从来不干涉我儿子的事情
I never interfere with my son’s affairs.
那我就很抱歉了
I’m sure I’m ever so sorry.
这件事情就不要再谈下去了 再见 艾伦
Please, don’t let’s discuss it any further. Good-bye, Ellen.
我想你大半是认为
Oh, I suppose you imagine
我的女儿配不上你的儿子 是不是
that my daughter isn’t good enough to marry your son.
嗯 如果是这样 我可以向你保证你想错了
Well, if that’s the case, I can assure you you’re very much mistaken.
弗兰妮她在哪儿都受人欢迎
Fanny’s received everywhere.
她认识所有的大人物
She knows all the best people.
这倒是好事 也是我所希望的
How nice for her. I wish I did.
这个世道已经变了
Things aren’t what they used to be, you know.
变了 一切都在改变 – 是的 我已经看到了
No, it’s all changin’. – Yes, I see it is.
弗兰妮现在她是顶尖极的了
But Fanny’s at the top of her tree now.
她完全可以成为最好的
She’s having the most wonderful offers.
哦 艾伦 – 什么事?
Oh, Ellen! – What is it?
我非常非常抱歉
I’m so very, very sorry.
我不明白你的意思
I don’t know what you mean.
哦 你明白 你的内心明白
Oh, yes, you do. Inside, you must.
我们大家都像丢失了一些什么东西 我…
Something seems to have gone out of all of us, and I…
到底是什么我也说不清楚
I’m not sure that I like what’s left.
再见 艾伦
Good-bye, Ellen.
我不明白你为什么要这样说
I don’t know why you should talk like that.
我们有些人已经败落了 有些人没有
Some of us have got on in their world, and some of us haven’t.
我已经说过再见了 艾伦
I said, “Good-bye, Ellen.”
什么事?
Yes, what is it?
一切都结束了 夫人 外面在发信♥号♥♥呢
It’s all over, milady. The maroons are going off.
对不起
Excuse me.
我不用回信了
There’s no answer.
出什么事了?
What is it? What’s happened?
你不用再担心弗兰妮和约了
You needn’t worry about Fanny and Joe.
约再也回不来了
He won’t be able to come back.
他…他阵亡了
He’s… Dead.
噢 夫人
Oh, your ladyship.
噢 夫人
Oh, milady.
我们为什么来日内瓦?
Why are we here in Geneva?
是为了见证真♥相♥
To bear witness to the truth
如果和平要替代战争
that if the world war is to be crowned by peace,
世界就必须解除武装
the world must disarm.