谢天谢地 他们还小 不用打仗
Thank heaven they’re too young to fight.
愿你们有和平和幸福 我的宝贝
Peace and happiness for you, my darlings.
他睡着了
Please, God.
和平和幸福 永远
Peace and happiness always.
亲爱的 把他们带到楼下去吧
Darling, let’s take them downstairs.
哦 不 我不想破坏他们的好梦
No, it’s bad to break their sleep.
可新世纪马上就要到了 就这一次吧
Once in a century won’t matter, surely. Just for once.
那好吧 – 哦 妈妈 太好了…太好了
Oh, well. – Oh, Mum, how lovely!
你真是个淘气鬼
Quiet, you naughty little scamp.
快起来 爱德华 – 什么事 妈妈?
Come along, Edward. – What, Mum, what?
我们下楼去迎接新年 – 新年?
We’re going down to see New Year! – New Year?
来 把这个穿上 宝贝
Come on. Put this on, dear.
你唱歌♥吧 爸爸? – 那当然
Do we sing, Daddy? – Do we not?
♪ Should old acquaintance be forgot ♪
♪ And never brought to mind ♪
♪ La da da-da Da de da-da ♪
这是你的 约 – 谢谢
This is yours, Joey. – Thank you.
这是你的 宝贝 – 谢谢 亲爱的
Here you are, dear. – Thank you, darling.
1900年新世纪好
Nineteen hundred! Happy new century!
1900年
Nineteen hundred!
1900年
Nineteen hundred!
马里奥特夫人在家吗?
ls Mrs. Marryot in?
是您哪?她在 – 走吧
To you, ma’am, yes. – Come on.
可是 妈妈 我们想去码头看爸爸上船
But, Mum, we wanted to go down and see Daddy off on the ship.
我知道 宝贝 可你不能去
I know, darling, but you simply can’t.
约得了重感冒
Joey’s cold’s much too bad.
不能让他一个人呆在家里 是吗?
You wouldn’t leave Joey all alone, would you?
艾丽丝夫人来看您了 夫人
Mrs. Harris and Miss Edith, ma’am.
哦 玛格丽特 你来了真是太好了 – …亲爱的
Oh, Margaret, how nice of you. – Jane darling.
伊迪丝 你去玩吧
Edith, run along.
罗伯特去军营报道了
Robert’s gone to report at the barracks.
他已经请假和我们一块去码头
He’s got leave to travel down to the boat with me.

Oh.
那你也许要我留下来
Oh, then, perhaps you’d like me to stay
照料一下孩子们 一直到你回来
and amuse the children till you get back.
哦 亲爱的 这太好了 – 嗯
Oh, my dear, do. – Mmm.
你好 玛格丽特 你来得真早
Oh, hello, Margaret. You’re on parade early.
我来和你告别的 – 谢谢你
I just ran in to say good-bye. – Oh, how kind.
呃…
Uh…
童子军呢?
What the dickens?
稍息
Stand easy.
听着 孩子们 我希望我不在家的时候
Now, youngsters, I want you to look after your mother
你们能好好地照顾妈妈
very carefully while I’m away.
好的 爸爸 – 好好表现
Yes, Dad. – And be very good
认真读书 好吗
and learn your lessons and all that.
爸爸 你们的大官是谁?
Dad, is Bobs a very big soldier?
是罗伯特勋爵 他是所有官兵的上级
Lord Roberts, if you please. He’s head of all the soldiers.
布尔人的指挥是谁? – 是克鲁格总统
Who’s head of all the Boers? – President Kruger.
你和布里吉斯要去打克鲁格吗?
And you and Bobs are going to fight Kruger?
你说得对
That’s right.
你要用你的刀把克鲁格砍成碎片吗 爸爸?
Are you going to cut Kruger all in pieces with your sword?
哦 你这孩子 我还没想过呢
You blood-thirsty little devil!
你答应我 爸爸
Oh, promise you will, Daddy.
好吧 砍成小碎片
All right. Little tiny pieces.
听到了吗?
There, I told you he would!
哦 你们听着
Oh, El,
布里吉斯先生要不了多久就会回来的
it won’t seem like no time at all till Mr. Bridges comes home again.
要是他还会回来的话 – 妈妈
If he ever does come home again. – Mother.
哦 我都说了些什么呀?
Now what have I said?
他要是真的能回来 咱们就高兴了
Well, we’ll all have a good laugh when he does get back.
我发现你对那些和祖鲁人打仗的可怜的士兵
That’s what they said about my poor Uncle Harry’s brother Bill
就是这样的态度
in the war against the Zulus.
要是他们能健健康康地回来
But they never had that laugh
我就要看你们到时候还能笑嘛
’cause he was cut in half with a assegai the day he landed.
妈妈 不要
Mother, don’t!
妈妈
Attention!
好了…我们还是高兴点吧
Oh, here, here, here, here. Now, let’s have a bit of life in it.
要是你也哭的话 我们就
Here, half a mo, cookie. Someone’s gonna eat that pastry
吃不上点心了 – 伊非尔德 你别再讲了
you’re cryin’ into. – Oh, Alf, don’t be such a fool.
上帝呀
Oh, my Lord.
哦 弗兰妮 对爸爸笑一个
Here, Fanny. You can give your old dad a smile.
好好看看你♥爸♥爸 看看那些纽扣
Come and have a look at your old dad. Look at his buttons.
是不是闪闪发亮?
All shined up nice and bright, ain’t they?
哦 好了 我的宝贝 哭有什么用呢
Oh, now, come on, old girl, now. Cryin’ won’t do no good.
弗兰妮 你老爸要上前线去了
Fanny, your old dad’s goin’ to the war.
他要当英王陛下的战士
He’s gonna be a soldier of the Queen, my lass
英王陛下的战士
Who’s been, my lass, to sea
他们要在海上航行多久 上校?
How many days will they be at sea, Colonel?
十六天 去南非毕竟有六千英里呀
Sixteen. It’s 6,000 miles to South Africa.
你看 他们在这上岸
You see, they land here at Cape Town,
然后坐火车去金伯利
then proceed by rail to Kimberley.
最后步行去玛斐津
Then, by forced march, to Mafeking.
希望他们能及时赶到那里
Let’s hope they get there in time.
玛斐津的情况很糟糕
Mafeking’s in a very bad way.
我看他们快要坚持不住了
It’s doubtful they can hold out much longer.
这场面多壮观呀
Isn’t it a wonderful sight?
不知道他们多少人能够活着回来
I’m wondering how many of them will come back alive.
我们终于到了 罗伯特
It’s come at last, hasn’t it, this moment?
你会坚强的 是不是? – 好好照顾自己
You’ll be brave, won’t you? – Take care of yourself.
也许我会晕船的
I shall probably be seasick.
你躺着休息休息就会好的
Then lie down flat on every possible occasion.
我会记住的 – 布里吉斯会照顾你
I’ll try to remember. – Bridges will look after you.
他说不定也会晕船的
Perhaps he’ll be lying down flat, too.
该上船了 是吗?
This is horrid, isn’t it?
我是该走了
I must go, too.
再呆会儿 罗伯特
No, not just for a minute.
我真的必须走了
I really must go.
我还要吻你
I’m going to kiss you,
然后你就转过身去继续说话
then I want you to turn away and go on talking
这样就看不到我了
so you won’t see.
嗯-哼
Mm-hmm.
我真高兴没把孩子们带来
I’m glad I didn’t bring Edward and Joey.
他们还太小 会兴奋过头的
They’re too young, really, and they’d get overexcited.
再说 约感冒了
Besides, Joey has a cold.
你要多当心 亲爱的
Take care of yourself, my darling.
我怎么非要把约的事告诉你呢
I felt you go when I said that bit about Joey.
哦 罗伯特 罗伯特
Oh, Robert! Robert!
到目前为止 他们好像还没事
Well, so far, they seem to be all right.
感谢上帝
Thank God.
砰 砰 砰
Bang! Bang! Bang!
打死克鲁格 打死克鲁格
Dirty old Kruger! Dirty old Kruger!
别乱来 你这笨蛋 没命令就随便开火
Shut up, you silly kid, firing without orders!
我们在解放玛斐津呢 – 你不能这么干
But I’m relieving Mafeking. – You can’t relieve it like that.
好吧 那我们就保护玛斐津
All right, then, I’m defending Mafeking.
别乱来 你在浪费弹♥药♥ – 砰 砰 砰
Shut up. You’re wasting ammunition. – Bang! Bang! Bang!
你别乱来 你根本不懂怎么打仗
Don’t do it again! You kids have no idea how to fight a battle.
对不起 鲍勃 – 把你的兵和炮拿那边去
Sorry, Bob. – Get your men and guns over there.
你现在是布尔人了 – 可是我不想当布尔人
You’re the Boers. – But I don’t want to be the Boers.
可是总有人当布尔人吧 – 不然怎么玩呢
Somebody’s got to be the Boers. – And that’s all a girl’s good for.
可是我不愿意当布尔人 – 一定要当布尔人
I don’t want to be the Boers. – But I tell you.
不 我不愿意当布尔人 我不愿意当布尔人
I won’t be the Boers! I won’t be the Boers!
你就是布尔人 就是的
Oh, you cheat!
别打了…
Come on. Stop, stop!
究竟怎么回事? – 她不愿意当布尔人
What’s the matter? – Edith doesn’t like being the Boers.
谁愿意呢?
Well, and who would?
砰 砰 砰 – 噢
Bang! Bang! Bang! – Oh, now…
哦 约 你真是个讨厌的孩子
Oh, Joey, you’re a naughty, wicked little boy.
好了…现在都给我上楼去 – 哦 好了 孩子
Go straight upstairs this minute. – Now, come here, Edith.
别说傻话了 – 都去 去
Come here and don’t be so silly. – Oh, go away, all of you.
爱德华 把约带上楼去
Edward, take Joey upstairs.
你们就不能玩点别的游戏吗?
Can’t you play any other game but soldiers,
非要打仗 互相残杀?