-Yuck. -Wait a minute!
-谁给的半个面包 -另一半我在吃呢
-Who gave us half a roll? -I’m eating the other half.
-拿来 -什么 你要我放回去
-Come on! -What, you want me to put it back?
这是一个漆黑的雨夜
It was a dark and rainy night, and this old lady
这位酷爱拼板游戏的老妇人
who had a passion for jigsaw puzzles
独自一人坐在家里 在桌上摆最新的拼板
sat by herself in her house at her table to complete a new jigsaw puzzle.
当她把拼板拼起来
But as she pieced the puzzle together
她惊奇地发现
she realized, to her astonishment,
构成的图案就是她自己的房♥间
that the image that was formed was her very own room.
拼图中间的人像
And the figure in the centre of the puzzle
居然就是她自己
as she completed it, was herself.
双手颤抖着 她把最后四块放上去…
And with trembling hands, she placed the last four pieces…
恐惧地发现窗户上有一张疯子的脸
and stared in horror at the face of a demented madman at the window.
这位老妇人最后听到的…
The last thing that this old lady ever heard…
-是玻璃碎裂的声音 -这不是真的
-was the sound of breaking glass. -No, she didn’t.
这是真的 这是真的
Yes, this is true. This is true.
我有个故事比这还精彩
I’ve got one that’s better than that.
真的 有一对年轻的夫妇
I do. There’s a young, married couple
他们晚上开车穿过一片森林
and they’re driving through the forest at night on a long trip.
他们汽车没油了 有一个疯子…
And they run out of gas, and there’s a madman on the…
手里拿着件东西
The thing with the hand?
这故事才精彩
I love that story!
-是我告诉你的 -不是的
-I told you that one. -You did not.
-是我六年级在夏令营听说的 -去年
-I got that in camp in sixth grade. -Last year?
很久以前 在山林路边
“In a mean abode in the Shanking Road
住着一个淳朴的农夫
“lived a man named William Bloat.
他有个妻子 是他一生的痛苦
“Now, he had a wife, the plague of his life
总让他觉得生不如死
“who continually got his goat.
有一天黎明 趁妻子睡意末醒
“And one day at dawn, with her nightshift on
他掐断了她的生命
he slit her bloody throat.”
什么玩意
Oh, and it gets worse.
想听首真正的诗吗
You want to hear a real poem?
-给你吧 -不 我不用 你拿着吧
-You want this? -No, I don’t need…Get this outta here.
-什么 你也带了一本 -你还能背诗
-What, did you bring one? -You memorized a poem?
我没有背诗
You memorized a poem?
-查理·多尔顿原创作品 -原创作品
-An original piece by Charlie Dalton. -An original piece.
-站在中间去 -真的 这真是开天辟地
-Take centre stage. -You know, this is history, right?
哇哦
Wow. Whoa.
你从哪儿弄来的
Where did you get that?
你从哪儿…
Where did you…
-哇 -教我恋爱
-Whoa. -“Teach me to love?
先教教你自己
“Go teach thyself more wit.
恋爱艺术属我第一
“I chief professor am of it.
恋爱之神 如果有这么种东西
“The god of love, if such a thing there be
也得先向我学习
may learn to love from me.”
你写了那个
Wow. Did you write that?
亚伯拉罕·考利
Abraham Cowley.
好了 谁下一个
Okay. Who’s next?
阿尔弗雷德·丁尼生
Alfred Lord Tennyson.
来吧 我的朋友
“Come, my friends.
寻找更新的世界尚为时不晚
“‘Tis not too late to seek a newer world.
我决心已定 要驶过夕阳尽头
“For my purpose holds to sail beyond the sunset.
尽管我们不再有昔日的伟力
“And though we are not now that strength…
可以振天撼地
“which in old days moved Earth and heaven.
我们仍有着
“That which we are, we are:
同样的英雄的心
“one equal temper of heroic hearts…
时间和命运使它衰弱 但坚强意志仍在
“made weak by time and fate, but strong in will…
让我们去奋斗 去探索 去发现
“to strive, to seek, to find
永不屈服
and not to yield.”
然后我有了信仰 然后我有了一种想象
“Then I had religion, then I had a vision.
我被他们对嘲笑的沉迷感染
“I could not turn from their revel in derision.
然后我看见刚果河从黑土地蜿蜒流过
“Then I saw the Congo creeping through the black
在森林中划下一道金色的沟壑
cutting through the forest with a golden track.”
然后我看见刚果河从黑土地蜿蜒流过
Then I saw the Congo creeping through the black
米克斯 米克斯
Meeks. Meeks.
在森林划下一道金色的沟壑
cutting through the forest with a golden track.
然后我看见刚果河从黑土地蜿蜒流过
Then I saw the Congo creeping through the black
在森林划下一道金色的沟壑
cutting through the forest with a golden track.
然后我看见刚果河从黑土地蜿蜒流过
Then I saw the Congo creeping through the black
在森林划下一道金色的沟壑
cutting through the forest with a golden track!
然后我看见刚果河从黑土地蜿蜒流过
Then I saw the Congo creeping through the black
在森林划下一道金色的沟壑
cutting through the forest with a golden track!
然后我看见刚果河从黑土地蜿蜒流过
Then I saw the Congo creeping through the black
在森林划下一道金色的沟壑
cutting through the forest with a golden track!
然后我看见刚果河从黑土地蜿蜒流过
Then I saw the Congo creeping through the black
在森林划下一道金色的沟壑
cutting through the forest with a golden track!
然后我看见刚果河从黑土地蜿蜒流过
Then I saw the Congo creeping through the black,
在森林划下一道金色的沟壑
cutting through the forest with a golden track!
在森林划下一道金色的沟壑
Cutting through the forest with a golden track!
然后我看见刚果河从黑土地蜿蜒流过
Then I saw the Congo creeping through the black…
不说一个人”很累” 而说他很”疲惫”
A man is not “very tired. ” He is “exhausted. ”
不用”不开心” 而用…
And don’t use “very sad.” Use…
来吧 奥弗斯特里特 你的高见
Come on, Mr Overstreet, you twerp.
-阴郁 -对极了 阴郁
-“Morose”? -Exactly! Morose!
语言的发展只有一个目的 就是…安德森
Language was developed for one endeavour, and that is… Mr Anderson?
来吧 是个男子汉 还是条变形虫
Come on, are you a man or an amoeba?
佩里 你来答
Mr Perry?
用来交流
Uh… to communicate.
不 用来追女人
No! To woo women.
今天我们要谈一谈…
Today we’re going to be talking…
-威廉·莎士比亚 -哦 天呐
-about William Shakespeare. -Oh, God.
我知道你们很多人都象
I know. A lot of you look forward to this…
讨厌牙科手术一样讨厌这个
about as much as you look forward to root canal work.
但我只会把莎士比亚…
We’re gonna talk about Shakespeare…
当做一个写了些有意思的东西的人来谈
as someone who writes something very interesting.
你们很多人都看过莎士比亚这样的东西
Now, many of you have seen Shakespeare done very much like this:
“哦 泰特斯 把你的朋友带上来”
“O, Titus, bring your friend hither.”
但如果你们有人看过马龙·白兰度
But if any of you have seen Mr Marlon Brando,
“莎士比亚可以有不同的演法”
you know that Shakespeare can be different.
“朋友们 公民们 同胞们 请听我说”
“Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears.”
你们也可以想象约翰·韦恩扮演麦克帕斯
You can also imagine maybe John Wayne as Macbeth going…
“我面前的是一把剑吗”
“Well, is this a dagger I see before me?”
要狗吗 先生 哦 现在不要
“Dogs, sir? Oh, not just now.
我有时候的确喜欢来只狗
“I do enjoy a good dog once in a while, sir.
一只狗可以做成三道好菜
“You can have yourself a three-course meal from one dog.
首先是犬牙炸丸子
“Start with a canine croquette.
然后是火烧狗腿作为主菜
“Go to your Fido Flambe for main course.
甜点嘛 来道狮子狗水果冻
‘And for dessert, a Pekingese parfait.
然后还可以用它的小爪子剔牙
And you can pick your teeth with the little paw. ”
我为什么要站到这儿
Why do I stand up here?
-谁知道 -感觉高一点
-Anybody? -To feel taller.
不 谢谢你的幽默
No! Thank you for playing.
我站到讲台上…
I stand upon my desk…
是想提醒我自己我们必须时刻用不同的眼光来看待事物
to remind myself that we must constantly look at things in a different way.
瞧 从这上面看世界 完全不同
See, the world looks very different from up here.
如果不相信
You don’t believe me?
可以自己来看 来吧
Come see for yourselves. Come on.
来吧 一旦你觉得自己懂得了什么
Come on.Just when you think you know something,
就必须换一种角度来看
you have to look at it in another way.
这可能显得很荒唐或者愚蠢
Even though it may seem silly or wrong,
但必须试一下
you must try.
同样 读书的时候不要只想作者怎么看
Now when you read, don’t just consider what the author thinks.
想想你怎么看
Consider what you think.
同学们 你们必须努力寻找自己的声音
Boys, you must strive to find your own voice.
因为你越迟开始寻找
Because the longer you wait to begin,
找到的可能性就越小
the less likely you are to find it at all.
梭罗说”大多数人都生活在平静的绝望中”
Thoreau said, “Most men lead lives of quiet desperation.”
别陷入这种境地 冲出来
Don’t be resigned to that. Break out.
别象老鼠逃跑似的 看看你的周围
Don’t just walk off the edge like lemmings. Look around you.
对了 就这样 布里斯克 谢谢
There you go, Mr Priske. Thank you!
对极了

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
前一篇文章暮光之城
下一篇文章海豚湾
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!