但生活是如此复杂 我已满意…
“But life is complete, contentment is mine…
只要知道…
“just knowing that…
只要知道…
“Just knowing that…
她还活着
she’s alive.”
对不起 我的船长 这太傻了
I’m sorry, Captain. It’s stupid.
不 不 这并不傻
No. No, it’s not stupid.
写得很好 它触及了一个重大的主题 爱
It’s a good effort. It touched on one of the major themes: love.
不仅是诗歌♥的重大主题 也是生活的
A major theme not only in poetry but life.
霍普金斯 你在笑 你来吧
Mr Hopkins, you were laughing. You’re up.
一只猫坐在垫子上
“The cat sat on the mat.”
祝贺你 霍普金斯
Congratulations, Mr Hopkins.
按照普里查特的评分方法
Yours is the first poem to ever have a negative
你的诗是第一首得负分的
score on the Pritchard scale.
我们不是在笑你 是在恭喜你
We’re not laughing at you, we’re laughing near you.
我不在乎你的诗主题简单
I don’t mind that your poem had a simple theme.
有时候最漂亮的诗主题也很简单
Sometimes the most beautiful poetry can be about simple things,
象一只猫 一朵花 一场雨
like a cat or a flower or rain.
知道吗 只要有新意 什么东西都可以写出诗来
You see, poetry can come from anything with the stuff of revelation in it.
只是不要让你的诗太俗套
Just don’t let your poems be ordinary.
好了 谁下一位
Now, who’s next?
安德森先生 你在那儿坐立不安
Mr Anderson, I see you sitting there in agony.
来吧 托德 站起来 让我们结束你的痛苦吧
Come on, Todd, step up. Let’s put you out of your misery.
我…我没做 我没写诗
I…I didn’t do it. I didn’t write a poem.
安德森认为自己内心的想法全都没有价值 都让人笑话
Mr Anderson thinks everything inside of him is worthless and embarrassing.
是这样吗 托德 这是你最担心的
Isn’t that right, Todd? Isn’t that your worst fear?
那么 你错了 我觉得你内心有些东西…
Well, I think you’re wrong. I think you have something inside of you…
是很有价值的
that is worth a great deal.
我喊出…
“I sound…
我野性的…
“my barbaric…
狂叫
“yawp…
站在…
“over the rooftops…
世界的屋脊上
of the world. ”
又是惠特曼的诗
Uncle Walt, again.
好了 可能你们有些不知道 咆哮是一种大声的叫喊
Now, for those of you who don’t know, a yawp is a loud cry or yell.
好了 托德 你给我们演示一下什么叫野性的咆哮
Now, Todd, I would like you to give us a demonstration of a barbaric yawp.
行了 你不会坐着咆哮
Come on, you can’t yawp sitting down.
来吧 快点上去
Let’s go. Come on, up.
好了 做好咆哮的姿势
Got to get in yawping stance.
-咆哮 -不仅仅是咆哮 野性的咆哮
-A…A yawp? -Not just a yawp. A barbaric yawp.
-好吧 咆哮 -不行 大声点
-Right. Yawp. -Come on. Louder.
-咆哮 -那是老鼠叫 来吧 大声点
-Yawp. -That’s a mouse. Come on, louder!
-咆哮 -天哪 叫得象个男人
-Yawp. -Oh, good God, boy, yell like a man!
-咆哮 -这就对了
-Yawp! -There it is.
你瞧 你身上到底也有野性
You see, you have a barbarian in you after all.
还不能这么就走 那是张惠特曼的照片
You don’t get away that easy. There’s a picture of Uncle Walt up there.
他让你想起谁 别想 回答 快点
What does he remind you of? Don’t think, answer. Go on.
-一个…一个疯子 -什么样的疯子
-A m-m-m-madman. -What kind of madman?
-不用想 只管回答 -一个疯狂的疯子
-Don’t think about it, just answer. -A cr-crazy madman.
你可以答得更好 解放你的思想 发挥你的想象力
No, you can do better than that. Free up your mind. Use your imagination.
说出第一个跳进你脑子的东西 哪怕荒唐透顶
Say the first thing that pops into your head, even if it’s total gibberish.
一…一个牙齿流汗的疯子
A-A-A sweaty-toothed madman.
我的天哪 你还是有诗人气质嘛
Good God, boy, there’s a poet in you after all!
好了 闭上眼睛 闭上眼睛
There. Close your eyes. Close your eyes. Close them.
好了 说你看到了什么
Now, describe what you see.
-我闭上了眼睛…-还有呢
-Uh, I…I close my eyes… -Yes?
-他的形象在我眼前见 -一个牙齿流汗的疯子
-uh, and his image floats beside me. -A sweaty-toothed madman.
一个牙齿流汗的疯子瞪得我心嘭嘭直跳
A sweaty-toothed madman with a stare that pounds my brain.
哦 好极了
Oh, that’s excellent!
让他动起来 让他做点什么
Now, give him action, make him do something.
他…他伸出手掐我脖子
H-His hands reach out and choke me.
对了 好极了 好极了
That’s it. Wonderful. Wonderful.
-他一直在念叨 -念叨什么
-And all the time he’s mumbling. -What’s he mumbling?
-念叨真理 -对
-Mumbling truth. -Yes.
真理就象一床总让你双脚冰凉的毯子
Truth is like a blanket that always leaves your feet cold.
别管他们 继续说毯子 继续说下去
Forget them. Forget them. Stay with the blanket. Tell me about that blanket.
你怎么扯 怎么拽 总也不够
Y-Y-You push it, stretch it, it’ll never be enough.
踢也好 打也好 它总盖不住我们
You kick at it, beat it, it’ll never cover any of us.
从我们哭着降生到我们奄奄一息
From the moment we enter crying to the moment we leave dying,
它只会盖住你的脸 不管你如何痛哭 如何叫喊
it’ll just cover your face as you wail and cry and scream.
不要忘记了
Don’t you forget this.
你太嫩了 皮茨
That a boy, Pittsie.
-吸气 深一点 -我爸收集了很多烟斗
-Inhale, deeply. -My dad collects pipes.
-真的 -我爸至少有三十个
-Really? -He must have 30.
你家里收集烟斗 真有意思
Your parents collect pipes? Oh, that’s interesting.
诺克斯 来一口
Come on, Knox.Join in.
对 诺克斯 我们是政♥府♥派来的
Yeah, Knox, we’re from the government.
来帮你的 有什么事吗
We’re here to help. What’s wrong?
-是克里丝 -是克里丝的照片 看
-It’s Chris! -Here’s a picture of Chris for you!
-把它放在你的烟管里抽了它 -这没意思
-Put that in your pipe and smoke it. -It’s not funny.
别闹了 抽你们的烟吧
Knock it off. Smoke your pipes.
-尼尔 -朋友们 同学们 校友们
-Neil. -Friends, scholars, Welton men.
那是什么 尼尔
What is that, Neil?
-是盏灯 笨蛋 -不 这是山洞之神
-Duh, it’s a lamp, Meeks. -No, this is the god of the cave.
山洞之神
The god of the cave.
-查理 你在干什么 -开始今天的会议日程吧
-Charlie, what are you doing? -What do you say we start this meeting?
-等等 我需要灯 谁带灯了 -你带耳塞了吗
-I need a light. Who’s got a light? -Anybody bring earplugs?
各位
Gentlemen.
查尔斯·多尔顿的诗人音乐
“Poetrusic” by Charles Dalton.
欢笑 痛哭 跌倒 呓语
Laughing, crying, tumbling, mumbling.
必须做更多 必须是更多
Gotta do more, gotta be more.
混乱的叫喊 混乱的梦想 必须做更多 必须是更多
Chaos screaming, chaos dreaming. Gotta do more, gotta be more!
-哇 太棒了 -太棒了
-Wow. Nice. -That was great.
你在哪儿学会的
Where did you learn to play like that?
我父母强迫我吹了好几年单簧管
My parents made me take the clarinet for years!
-我喜欢单簧管 -我恨透了
-I love the clarinet. -I hated it.
萨克管 萨克管好听一些
The saxophone. The saxophone is more… sonorous.
更好听一些
Ooh, more sonorous. Vocabulary.
我再也受不了了 如果我得不到克里丝
I can’t take it any more. If I don’t have Chris,
-我会自杀 -诺克斯 你得冷静点儿
-I’m gonna kill myself. -Knoxious, calm down.
不 查理 我的问题就在这儿
No, Charlie! That’s just my problem.
我冷静了一辈子了 我得有所改变才行
I’ve been calm all my life. I’m gonna do something about that.
你去哪儿 你要干什么
Where are you going? What are you gonna do?
去给她打电♥话♥
I’m gonna call her.
-他要给她打电♥话♥ -等等我
-He’s gonna call her! -Wait for me!

Hello?
她会恨我的
She’s gonna hate me.
丹伯里全家都会恨我
The Danburrys will hate me.
我父母会杀了我
My parents will kill me.
好了 去他的吧
All right, goddam it.
没事的 卡匹迪恩
You’re right. Carpe diem.
死又怎么样呢
Even if it kills me.
-喂 -喂 克里丝
-Hello? -Hello, Chris?
-是我 -嗨 是诺克斯·奥弗斯特里特
-Yes. -Hi. This is Knox Overstreet.
你好 诺克斯
Oh, yes. Knox.
-很高兴你打电♥话♥来 -她很高兴我打电♥话♥去
-I’m glad you called. -She’s glad I called.
听我说 切特的父母这个周末要出远门
Listen, Chet’s parents are going out of town this weekend,
他想举♥行♥个晚会
and he’s having a party.
-你能过来吗 -我能不能去参加晚会
-Would you like to come? -Would I like to come to a party?
-能 能 -星期五晚上 -没问题
-Yes. Say yes. -It’s Friday. -Well, sure.
-七点左右 -好的 我会到的 克里丝
-About 7.:00. -Great. I’ll be there, Chris.
-太好了 -星期五晚上 七点左右
-Okay. -Friday night at the Danburrys’. Okay.
-好 谢谢你 -谢谢你 到时见 拜
-Okay. Bye. -Thank you. I’ll see you. Bye.
咆哮
Yawp!
你能相信吗
Can you believe it?
她本来就要给我打电♥话♥
She was gonna call me.
她还邀我和她参加晚会
She invited me to a party with her.
-在切特·丹伯里家里 -是
-At Chet Danburry’s house. -Yeah.
-那 -怎么啦
-Well? -So?
那你不会真以为她是叫你陪她吧
So you don’t really think she means you’re going with her?
当然不是 查理 但关键不在那儿
Well, of course not, Charlie. But that’s not the point.

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
前一篇文章暮光之城
下一篇文章海豚湾
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!