是你们做到的 而不是我
And you did that. Not me.
现在 我脑中有一个
Now, I have one
最后的想法
Final project in mind.
-格女士 -什么
-Ms. G. -Yeah?
格女士要求我们把日记编成一本书
Ms. G wanted us to put our diaries together in a book,
就像安妮·弗兰克一样
just like Anne Frank.
她找到了一个叫约翰·塔克的商人
She got this businessman, John Tu,
他捐了35台电脑 这样我们就可以工作了
to donate 35 computers so we could work.
她告诉我们要向世人倾诉自己的故事
She told us we have something to say to people.
我们不再只是教室里的孩子了
We weren’t just kids in a class anymore.
我们是拥有自己声音和故事的作家
We were writers with our own voices, our own stories.
就算没人阅读
And even if nobody else read it,
这本书也会留于世间证明我们真正存在过
the book would be something to leave behind that said we were here,
这就是发生的一切 我们在乎
this is what happened, we mattered.
即使只是个人故事 但我们不会忘记
Even if it was just to each other. And we won’t forget.
格女士不保证这会得到出版或怎么样
Ms. G didn’t promise it would get published or anything,
但我们会让外面的人知道我们的故事
but we could get it out there ourselves.
她让我们想出一个标题
She asked us to come up with a title,
这样可以方便人们称呼我们
something to call ourselves.
“自♥由♥作家日记”
我刚接到凯伦·普拉查克的电♥话♥
I just received a call from Karin Polacheck
是从教♥育♥部♥董事局打来的
At the Board of Education.
将会有一场柯恩博士参与的 一次关于你学生的会议
There’s to be a meeting with Dr. Cohn about your classes.
-你知不知道这事 -不知道
-Do you know anything about this? -No.
这些学生 这个班级 他们已经成为了一个家庭
These students, this class, they’ve become a family.
对谁 对你来说
To who? To you?
对于每个人
To each other.
203教室对他们来说就是一个家
Room 203 is a kind of a home for them.
他们信任彼此将我们扭成了一个团队
Their trust is all wrapped up in us being together as a group.
一旦他们离开她的教室
Once they’re out of her class,
相信我他们就会变成他们的老样子
Believe me they’ll slip back into their old habits.
他们的阅读分数
Their reading scores,
写作都已经显著地提高了 坎贝尔夫人
their writing has markedly improved, Ms. Campbell.
只是在试♥卷♥上 她在现实中又做成了什么事呢
On paper. But what has she accomplished in reality?
下一年的新生进来又怎么办
What about new students that come in next year?
她每年都重复这样的过程
Can she repeat this process every year?
她的方法是不切实际的
Her methods are impractical,
不可能长♥期♥规范地执行下去
Impossible to implement with regularity.
要是每个老师都这样表现怎么办
What if every teacher performed in this way?
这个国家有上百万的学生
We have millions of children
要通过这个教育系统
To get through the education system in this country,
我们需要的是一种
And we need a means of accomplishing that
可以尽可能让大部分学生获益的方式
Which allows as many students to benefit as possible,
而不是特殊对待
Not just special cases.
你还真的以为你能为每个年级 每个你教的学生
And you honestly think you can create this family in every classroom,
在每个教室里都建立这样的家庭
For every grade, for every student you teach?
我不知道
I don’t know.
谢谢
Thank you.
“自♥由♥作家日记”
嘿 格女士来了 嘿 格女士来了
Hey, there go Ms. G. Hey, there go Ms. G!
怎么样了
What happened?
那么 我们第三年会在一起吗
So? Are we gonna be together for junior year?

No.
-什么 -什么
-What? -What?
我们三年级和四年级都会在一起
We’re gonna be together junior and senior year.
太棒啦
Yes!
许多自♥由♥作家都是自己家里 第一个高中毕业并读大学的人
格老师的部分学生进入长滩 加利弗尼亚州立大学读书 她也前往那里教书
《自♥由♥作家日记》于1999年出版
艾林·格鲁威尔和自♥由♥作家们 一同设立了自♥由♥作家基金会
致力于将203教室的成功 带到全国的每个学生身边
艾林·格鲁威尔和自♥由♥作家 2006年

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!