公设辩护律师 政♥府♥等为无钱聘律师的被告指聘的
公设辩护律师说什么了
他告诉我在法庭上该说什么
He told me what I had to say when I’m on the stand.
我为你而自豪 宝贝
没有人是完全清白的
没有人
他们那样对待了我们 然后又弃我们而去
所以这不是关于到底发生没发生 什么发生了的事儿
在战争中 你必须紧握你的胜利
否则你将很快就打败仗
但是当你取得足够多的胜利后
总有一天 你会赢
一年级 春季学期
西蒙威森索中心
大屠♥杀♥纪念馆
旅行刚刚开始的时候
At the beginning of the tour,
他们给你一张印有孩子照片的卡
they give you a card with a child’s picture on it.
你能发现他们是谁 被送去哪个集中营
You could find out who they were and what camp they were sent to.
旅行结束后你会发现 他们是否还活着
And at the end of the tour, you could find out if they survived.
我拿到了一张来自意大利的小女孩照片
I got a little girl from Italy.
提托 帽子
Tito, your hat.
“犹太人”
“德意志联邦共和国”
他们称之为”水晶之夜” 也称”碎玻璃之夜”
Kristallnacht, they called it. The Night of Broken Glass.
成千上万的犹太人被抢房♥屋被烧
Hundreds of synagogues looted and burned.
超过7000家犹太商店被毁
More than 7,000 Jewish stores destroyed.
一百多名犹太人丧生
Over 100 Jews killed.
“孩童及其他人””成年人”
在法国艾因河省的一个儿童关押中心
A small center for children in Isieux in the French province of Ain.
在这些被驱逐到比克瑙的孩子当中
Among the children deported that day to Birkenau
有一个11岁叫莉莲拜伦斯坦的孩子
was 11-year-old Liliane Berenstein,
比克瑙 集中营
在死之前留了一封信给上帝
who, before leaving, left behind a letter to God.
我的这个小男孩死了 他跳下火车时被他们杀了
My little boy died. He got off the train and they killed him.
我不知道这个为什么让我那么在乎
I don’t know why it bothered me so much.
因为死亡对我来说不算什么
I’ve seen death all my life.
但是这个小男孩只有5岁
But this little boy was only five.
格女士在她工作的餐厅请我们美美地吃了一顿
Ms. G had a beautiful dinner for us at the hotel where she works.
她邀请了当年大屠♥杀♥幸存者和我们见面
She invited real Holocaust survivors from the museum to meet us.
有伊丽莎白·曼
There was Elisabeth Mann.
我有父母 姐妹 和两个兄弟
I had my parents, my sister, my two brothers.
格洛里亚·恩戈
Gloria Ungar.
如果你们看到有人手臂上有数字
If any of you have seen someone with a number on their arm,
那都是些幸运的人
These were the lucky people.
我们这些人被送到奥斯威辛
The people who, when we came to Auschwitz,
他们把我们每个人刺字 把我们带去做奴役
When they tattooed the people they took us to do the slave work.
奥斯威辛 集中营
而其他人就没有那么幸运地活下来
Not the others, and that included
其中包括许多我的家人
many of my family.
所以我们带着一些小孩子逃跑了
So, we ran away, some of the young kids.
那时候我只有11岁半大
I was at that time 11-and-a-half years old.
埃迪·伊兰姆
Eddie llam.
我不知道我要去哪里
And where to go, I didn’t know,
但我记得我经常居住的地方
But I remember one place where I used to live.
当我跑到那里的时候 我看不见一个犹太人
So when I ran there, there was not one Jew left.
我被关在最糟糕的奥斯威辛集中营
I was in the worst camp. I was in Auschwitz.
还有雷内·费尔斯通
And Renee Firestone.
当我被带到那里的时候 我和父母马上被分开了
When I arrived, my parents were immediately taken away from me.
当时我的妹妹她才14岁
My little sister, who was then 14 years old,
跟我待了一段时间
Stayed with me for a little while.
后来不久我又与她被分开了
And then later on, I was separated from her also.
在集中营她失去了整个家庭
She lost her whole family at the camps.
来到这个国家的时候
She came to this country
她口袋里只有四美元和一个刚出生的宝宝
with $4 in her pocket and a newborn baby.
我永远也忘不掉这些人
I’ll never forget these people.
然后她被杀了 因为他们用不到她了…
And then she was killed because they didn’t want…
我没想到格女士会为我们做这一切
I can’t believe Ms. G did all of this for us.
嗨 宝贝 是我
Hi, honey, it’s me.
听着 我们还在餐厅 如果你愿意过来的话
Look, we’re still at the restaurant, if you wanted to drop by.
我们到现在甚至还没点甜品
We haven’t even ordered dessert yet,
孩子们过了个不可思议的一天
and the kids are having such an incredible time.
你得过来看看他们
You have to see them.
如果你收到信息就过来吧 现在才九点三十分
If you get in soon, come by. It’s only 9:30 now.
好了 等会再见 我爱你 再见
Okay, I’ll see you later. Love you. Bye.
我跟你这个垃圾说过多少次
How many times I gotta tell your ass again?
给我滚进去
Get your butt in here!
“我想念我妈妈…”
你们整个夏天都要阅读和思考这本书
So, you had all summer to read and consider this book.
二年级 秋季学期
我想从维多利亚开始
And you know, I thought it would be most valuable
给我们讲讲黑人的观点 这将是非常值得的
To begin with Victoria to give us the black perspective.
维多利亚
Victoria?
难道我的额头上贴着邮票写着
Do I have a stamp on my forehead that says,
“黑人情况国家发言人”
“The National Spokesperson for the Plight of Black People”?
我怎么知道黑人对《紫色》的观点
How the hell should I know the black perspective on The Color Purple?
我决定了 如果我不换班级 我要痛扁这个傻球
That’s it, if I don’t change classes, I’m gonna hurt this fool.
每个老师都把我当成罗赛塔碑
Teachers treat me like I’m some kind of Rosetta stone
就是因为我是非裔美国人
for African-Americans.
什么 黑人学习怎么阅读
What? Black people learn how to read,
难道我们就以致于得出同样的结论
and we all miraculously come to the same conclusion?
就那一点 我决定去听听 我朋友布兰迪的英语课
At that point, I decided to check out my friend Brandy’s English class.
-很高兴见到你 -嘿 我也是
-Good to see you, man. -Hey, yeah.
-不错 -好极了
-How was your summer? -Great.
我知道你还是白人
You’re still white, I see.
好了 大家准备好了吗
Okay, everybody. Ready?
-嘿 格女士 -嗨
-Hey, Ms. G. -Hi.
-嗨 格女士 -嗨
-Hi, Ms. G. -Hi.
“为改变干杯”
女士们先生们 听好了 下面是我让你们做的事情
Okay, guys, gals, listen up! This is what I want you to do.
我要你们每个人上前一步 从每个大袋子里拿一本书
I want each of you to step forward and take one of these Borders bags,
里面装有我们这个学期要读的四本书
Which contain the four books we’re gonna read this semester.
太好了
All right!
这些都是很特别的书
They’re very special books,
每本书都不同程度的 让我想起你们每个人
And they each remind me, in some way, of each of you.
但是 在你们拿到这些书前
But, before you take the books,
我要你们拿起这里的 一个装有苹果酒的杯子
I want you to take one of these glasses of sparkling cider,
然后我要你们每个人都举杯祝词
And I want each of you to make a toast.
我们每个人都要互相敬酒
We’re each gonna make a toast for change.
这是意味着 从此刻开始
And what that means is, from this moment on
那些说”你们不行” 的声音将消失
Every voice that told you “You can’t” is silenced.
每个告诉你们世事无法改变 的理由都统统消失
Every reason that tells you things will never change, disappears.
在此刻之前的你
And the person you were before this moment,
那个你已经消失 现在该论到你上场了
That person’s turn is over. Now it’s your turn.
好吗
Okay?
好了 你们准备好迎接聚会了吗
Okay, you ready to get this party going on?
-怎么了 -别那样
-What? -Stop doing that, man.
有什么大不了的
What’s the dealio?
你们可能知道我11岁时就有了男朋友
Man, I’ve had boyfriends since I was, like, 11, you know.
-这我信 -闭嘴
-I believe you. -Shut up.
好了 我以前常常是
Okay, well, I was always the person
在16岁之前就怀孕并辍学回家的人
That was gonna get pregnant before I turned 16 and drop out.
和我妈一样
Like my mom.
一切都会来临
Ain’t gonna happen.
没有人曾好好听过一个孩子
Nobody ever listens to a teenager.
所有人都认为你很年轻所以你应该快乐
Everybody thinks you should be happy just because you’re young.
他们没有看到我们每天都处在战争中
They don’t see the wars that we fight every single day.
有一天 我的战争结束了
And one day, my war will end.
而我不会死去
And I will not die.
我也不会再容忍♥任何人的羞辱
And I will not tolerate abuse from anyone.
我很坚强
I am strong.
在我加入黑帮圈之后 妈妈就把我踢出了家门
My moms kicked me out when I got jumped into the gang life.
但是我想让她看着我毕业
But I’d like her to see me graduate.
我希望自己快到18岁
I’d like to be 18.
格女士 我能读一下我的日记吗
Ms. G? Can I read something from my diary?
非常欢迎
That’d be great.
他是谁
Who is he?
傻瓜 他从一年级就和我们一起了
Man, he’s been with us from freshman year, fool.
-他叫什么名字 -我不知道
-What’s his name? -I don’t know.
这是我短短的14年来最糟糕的一次夏天
“This summer was the worst summer in my short 14 years of life.
一切从一个电♥话♥开始
“It all started with a phone call.
我妈妈哭着 哀求着
“My mother was crying and begging,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!