只是画的不是黑人 而是一个犹太人
Only it wasn’t a black man, it was a Jewish man.
画的不是大嘴唇 而是一个非常大的鼻子
And instead of the big lips, he had a really big nose,
像老鼠的鼻子
like a rat’s nose.
但他不是一个特别的犹太人
But he wasn’t just one particular Jewish man,
这是所有犹太人的画像
this was a drawing of all Jews.
然后这些画被历史上最臭名招著的帮派
And these drawings were put in the newspapers
帖在了报纸上
by the most famous gang in history.
那是我们
That’s us, dawg.
你们觉得你们对帮派了如指掌
You think you know all about gangs?
你们还太嫩了
You’re amateurs.
这个帮派会另你们蒙羞
This gang would put you all to shame.
他们出生贫寒 心藏怨恨 所有人都看不起他们
And they started out poor and angry, and everybody looked down on them.
直到有一天一个男人决定给他们一些自尊
Until one man decided to give them some pride,
一个身份和一些可以怪罪到他们身上的人
an identity and somebody to blame.
你们控制了周围邻居地带
You take over neighborhoods?
那跟他们没法相提并论 他们控制的是整个国家
That’s nothing compared to them. They took over countries.
那你们想知道他们是怎么做到的
And you wanna know how?
他们只是清除异己
They just wiped out everybody else.
-就该这样 -就该这样
-Yeah. -Yeah.
是的 他们把他们不喜欢的全部清除出去
Yeah, they wiped out everybody they didn’t like,
将自己的艰难处境归结为那些人的过错
and everybody they blamed for their life being hard.
这就是他们的方式之一
And one of the ways they did it was by doing this.
他们把像这样的照片放在报纸上
See, they’d print pictures like this in the newspapers.
犹太人都是又大有长的鼻子 黑人都是又大又肥的嘴唇
Jewish people with big, long noses. Blacks with big, fat lips.
他们还贴出科学证据
They’d also publish scientific evidence
证明犹太人和黑人都是最低等人种
that proved Jews and blacks were the lowest form of human species.
犹太人和黑人犹如动物
Jews and blacks were more like animals.
因为他们长的就像动物
And because they were just like animals
他们的生死无关紧要
it didn’t really matter whether they lived or died.
事实上 要是他们都死了那么生活会更美好
In fact, life would be a whole lot better if they were all dead.
于是大屠♥杀♥发生了
That’s how a holocaust happens.
这就是你们对彼此的想法
And that’s what you all think of each other.
你什么都不知道 乖乖女
You don’t know nothing, homegirl.
是 我不懂 马库斯 那何不你给我解释一下呢
No, I don’t, Marcus! So why don’t you explain it to me?
我才不会给你屁的解释
I ain’t explaining shit to you!
你可知道我们是怎么生活的
Do you even know how we live?
我们第一个到达这里的
We was here first, man.
小子把臭嘴闭上
Just shut that shit up, homeboy.
好了 好了 好了
All right! All right! All right!
那么你们一直讨论的是 如果没有拉丁美洲人
So what you’re saying is, if the Latinos weren’t here,
或者没有柬埔寨人或着黑人 或者白人 不管他们是谁
or the Cambodians or the blacks or the whites or whoever they are,
如果都没有他们在
if they weren’t here,
一切对你来说都会更好 是不是
everything would be better for you, isn’t that right?
当然会更好
Of course it’d be better!
你不在才好
It’d be better if you weren’t here.
太好了
Right. Right.
先是通过这样的画开始
It starts with a drawing like this,
然后一些孩子无辜地被杀害 甚至还不知道他得罪了谁
and then some kid dies in a drive-by, never even knowing what hit him.
你什么都不知道
You don’t know nothing!
你不知道我们所感受到的痛苦
You don’t know the pain we feel.
你不知道我们要得做什么
You don’t know what we got to do.
你们对我们的生活毫无尊重
You got no respect for how we living.
你让我们来到这里 教我们这些狗屁语法
You got us in here, teaching us this grammar shit,
然后我们还得再一次滚出这里
and then we got to go out there again.
你又有什么资格跟我说那个
And what are you telling me about that, huh?
你在这里所做的能让我的生活得到多大改变
What are you doing in here that makes a goddamn difference to my life?
你说你感觉没有受到尊重 是不是嫒娃
You don’t feel respected. Is that what you’re saying, Eva?
可能你是没有受到尊重
Well, maybe you’re not.
但要的到别人的尊重 你首先得尊敬别人
But to get respect, you have to give it.
胡扯
That’s bullshit.
什么
What?
为什么我要尊重你
Why should I give my respect to you?
就是因为你是老师
‘Cause you’re a teacher?
我不认识你
I don’t know you.
我怎么知道你不是个站在那里的骗子
How do I know you’re not a liar standing up there?
我怎么知道你不是站在那里的坏人
How do I know you’re not a bad person standing up there?
我不会因为你是老师就尊重你
I’m not just gonna give you my respect because you’re called a teacher.
白人往往想免费地得到尊重
White people always wanting their respect like they deserve it for free.
我是一个教师 我的肤色并不重要
I’m a teacher. It doesn’t matter what color I am.
一切都是因为肤色
It’s all about color.
它决定你该得到什么
It’s about people deciding what you deserve,
人们想得到他们不应该拥有的东西
about people wanting what they don’t deserve,
白人以自己的方式蛮横地主宰着这个世界
about whites thinking they run this world no matter what.
你发现了 我恨白人
You see, I hate white people.
-你恨我 -是的
-You hate me? -Yeah.
-你根本不认识我 -我知道你能做出什么事情
-You don’t know me. -I know what you can do.
我眼睁睁看看着白人警♥察♥背后枪杀我的朋友
I saw white cops shoot my friend in the back
仅仅因为他将手伸进自己的口袋
for reaching into his pocket!
只是口袋而已
His pocket.
我眼睁睁看着白人警♥察♥闯进我家
I saw white cops break into my house
然后毫无理由地带走我的父亲 只是他们喜欢这样做
and take my father for no reason except because they feel like it!
只是因为他们有这个能耐
Except because they can.
他们能这样做就是因为他们是白人
And they can because they’re white.
所以我见着白人就恨
So I hate white people on sight!
本 你有什么话要说吗
Ben, do you have anything to say?
我能离开这里吗
Can I please get out of here?
女士 别装成要试图理解我们的境况
Lady, stop acting like you’re trying to understand our situation
好好地做你的小保姆式的老师
and just do your little babysitting up there.
-那就是你所认为的 -不是别的 就是这样
-That’s all you think this is? -It ain’t nothing else.
当我睁眼看这个世界
When I look out in the world,
我见过的人都和我一样一贫如洗
I don’t see nobody that looks like me with their pockets full,
除非他们唱歌♥或者踢球
unless they’re rapping a lyric or dribbling a ball.
那么你在这里还能为我们做些什么
So what else you got in here for me?
那要是你不会唱歌♥或踢球怎么办
And what if you can’t rap a lyric or dribble a ball?
-不会这样 我很清楚 -对极了
-It ain’t this. I know that much. -Damn right.
你们都认为自己就这样可以熬到毕业
And you all think you’re gonna make it to graduation like this?
没有人会阻止我升入高中
I made it to high school. Ain’t nobody stopped me.
女士 我能活到18岁我已经很幸运 我们处在战争中
Lady, I’m lucky if I make it to 18. We in a war.
我们生活着的每天都是毕业的日子
We’re graduating every day we live,
因为我们不怕以死来保护自己的领地
because we ain’t afraid to die protecting our own.
至少当你为自己的领地而牺牲 你像战士一样死得自豪
At least when you die for your own, you die with respect, you die a warrior.

That’s right.
所以当你们死后 你们会得到尊重
So when you’re dead, you’ll get respect?
你们就是这么认为的
Is that what you think?
-对 -对
-That’s right. -That’s right.
-对 -对
-Yeah. -Yeah.
你知道你死后会发生什么吗
You know what’s gonna happen when you die?
你将在地下腐烂
You’re gonna rot in the ground.
而人们如往常一样继续生活 你在他们中将不复存在
And people are gonna go on living, and they’re gonna forget all about you.
当你腐烂了
And when you rot,
你以为你是否是个原帮派分子会很重要吗
do you think it’s gonna matter whether you were an original gangster?
你死了
You’re dead.
没有人会记得你
And nobody, nobody is gonna wanna remember you,
因为你们给世界留下的仅仅是这个
because all you left behind in this world is this.
你举手了
You’re raising your hand?
你刚才说什么大屠♥杀♥
That thing that you said before, the Holocause?
-是的 大屠♥杀♥ -是什么东西
-Holocaust, yes. -What is that?
知道大屠♥杀♥的请举手
Raise your hand if you know what the Holocaust is.
举起你们的手
Raise your hand
如果你曾被枪击过
if anyone in this classroom has ever been shot at.
这怎么样 我们在讨论大屠♥杀♥
What about this? We were discussing the Holocaust.
不行 他们读不了那个
No, they won’t be able to read that.
我们可以试试 这些书反正也是放在这里
We can try. The books are just sitting here.
看看他们的阅读表现
Look at their reading scores.
要是我把这些书给你的这些孩子们
And if I give your kids these books,
那我就甭指望再拿回来了
I’ll never see them again.
如果我给了 那这些书就会被毁
If I do, they’ll be damaged.
《罗密欧与朱丽叶》怎么样 是个非常棒的故事
What about these? Romeo and Juliet. That’s a great gang story.
不 不能给书 这是我们给他们的
No, not the books. This is what we give them.
这是《罗密欧与朱丽叶》 但是删减版
It is Romeo and Juliet, but it’s a condensed version.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!