-It’s all right. No, it’s all right. -I’ll move this.
站着没事 这样食物就顺势下去了
I don’t mind standing. Food goes straight down.
-你还要做多久 -不知道
-How much longer are you gonna be? -I don’t know.
-想帮个忙吗 -算了 我画画很糟糕
-Want to help? -Not really, I’m a terrible drawer.
-你是建筑师 -好了 我只是不想画
-You’re an architect. -All right, I just don’t want to.
怎么了 有什么不对的吗
What’s the matter? Is something wrong?
没 没什么
No, it’s nothing.
只是 你知道 我确实想听听这些故事
Well, it’s just, you know, I want to hear all this, I do.
只是
It just…
我觉得我们没话可谈了
I feel like we haven’t talked about anything,
除了你的工作还是工作
other than your job, in like forever.
对不起
I’m sorry.
-工作怎么样了 -没有
-Well, what’s going on at work? -Nothing.
我也不想谈论那个
I don’t want to talk about that, either.
我就想出去走走 想待家里
I just want to hang out. I want to be home.
我也想和我的老师在一起
And I want to be with my schoolteacher.
我一直幻想能在放学后被留下来
I’ve always had this fantasy about being kept late after school.
不好意思我把脏黑板擦掉了
Well, I’m sorry I left my dirty erasers at work.
是不是其他教师都那么拼命
Do all the other teachers put in this much extra effort?
我不知道 慢慢地相处下来我有点适应了
I don’t know. I’m kind of making it up as I go along.
而有些老师并不真的想和我说话
And the other teachers don’t really talk to me.
我是说布赖恩和玛格丽特
I mean, Brian and Margaret…
-宝贝 我不想这些 -对不起 好的不想
-Honey, I don’t want to think. -I’m sorry. Okay, don’t think.
-我只是想 -我就快完成了 好吗
-I just wanna… -I’m almost done, okay?
那么还需要多久
So, how much longer?
保证不会太久
Not long. Promise.
威尔逊中学
欢迎参加开放家长日
6点到8点
非常感谢您的到来 苏珊是个很优秀的学生 谢谢
Thank you so much for coming. Susan’s a terrific student. Thank you.
-非常荣幸见到你 -保重 晚安
-Great to see you. -Good night. Take care.
-吉姆 非常感谢 -谢谢 布赖恩
-Jim, thank you so much. -Thanks, Brian.
很感激你们来到”家长夜谈”
I appreciate you guys coming to Parents’ Night.
开车小心
Drive safe.
“欢迎203班的家长们”
在战争中都有一个敌人
In every war, there is an enemy.
我眼睁睁地看着我的母亲被打得半死
I watched my mother being half beaten to death
看着血和泪都顺着她的脸庞一直往下流
and watched as blood and tears streamed down her face.
我感到无助害怕 同时很生气
I felt useless and scared and furious at the same time.
别过来 布兰迪 看着孩子
Stay there, Brandy.
-把钱给我 -看好孩子们
-Get my money! -Watch the kids!
我还能感觉到皮带抽打到背部和腿部的刺痛
I can still feel the sting of the belt on my back and my legs.
有一次 他没钱付房♥租
One time, he couldn’t pay the rent.
就在那天晚上把我们丢在大街上然后指着地上
And that night he stopped us on the street and pointed to the concrete.
说”选个地方睡”
He said, “Pick a spot.”
克莱夫是我的好朋友 我们经常一起玩
Clive was my boy. He had my back plenty of times.
我们俨然是个统一体 我们并肩作战
We was like one fist, me and him, one army.
-很重 -是的
-That’s heavy. -Yeah.
这是个真家伙 现在没人敢再欺负我们了
That’s the real shit right here. Nobody’ll jump us now.
但我们要试一下 因为这个已经上膛了
But we got to practice ’cause this, this got power.
你开枪的时候 它
You shoot it, it…
我一直坐在那里等警♥察♥来
I sat there till the police came.
但是他们来的时候 对他们来说只是一具尸体
But when they come, all they see is a dead body,
一只枪 还有一个黑人
a gun and a nigga.
他们把我送去了劳♥改♥所 第一天晚上我很害怕
They took me to juvenile hall. First night was the scariest.
同室的犯人不断地敲着墙
Inmates banging on the walls,
彼此给对方做各种帮派的手势 吼着他们是谁从哪里来
throwing up their gang signs, yelling out who they were, where they’re from.
第一天晚上我哭了 从来没有让别人知道过
I cried my first night. Can’t never let nobody know that.
后来我进进出出监狱好几年
I spent the next few years in and out of cells.
每天我都在担心”什么时候我能得到自♥由♥”
Every day I’d worry, “When will I be free?”
我兄弟告诉我生命对于一个年轻的黑人来说
My brother taught me what the life is for a young black man.
就是做你不得不做的事情
Do what you have to,
拉皮条 卖♥♥白粉 无论什么都做
pimp, deal, whatever.
学习肤色人种要学的一切 帮派有严格的界限
Learn what colors to learn, gang boundaries.
你不能两边讨好 也不能属于另一个帮派
You can stay on one corner, you can’t stay on another.
学习怎么默不做声 一句不小心的错话可能让你遭到逮捕
Learn to be quiet. A wrong word can get you popped.
如果你看着我的眼睛 你会发现我是个可爱的女孩
If you look in my eyes, you’ll see a loving girl.
如果你看着我的微笑 你会看到一切正常
If you look at my smile, you’ll see nothing wrong.
如果你拉起我的上衣 你会看到伤痕
If you pull up my shirt, you’ll see the bruises.
我做了什么让他那么生气
What did I do to make him so mad?
16岁时 我见的死尸比殡仪业者都多
At 16, I’ve seen more dead bodies than a mortician.
每次出门 我都要面对被枪杀的危险
Every time I step out my door, I’m faced with the risk of being shot.
外面的世界只是另一个躺满尸体的街角
To the outside world, it’s just another dead body on the street corner.
他们不知道他是我的朋友
They don’t know that he was my friend.
柬埔寨战乱时期
During the war in Cambodia,
难民营让我爸的尊严扫地
the camp stripped away my father’s dignity.
他有时试图伤害我妈和我
He sometimes tries to hurt my mom and me.
我必须保护我的家庭
I feel like I have to protect my family.
我在争论到底喜欢什么糖果时 然后我听到了枪声
I was having trouble deciding what candy I wanted, then I heard gunshots.
我往地上看时我的一个朋友
I looked down to see that one of my friends
背部和口中都涌出鲜血
had blood coming out of his back and his mouth.
第二天我发现自己的衣服被枪擦破了
The next day, I pulled up my shirt and got strapped with a gun
后来我在家附近的巷子里发现了那把枪
I found in an alley by my house.
我甚至不知道这场战争是怎么开始的
I don’t even know how this war started.
只是两方你来我往地不断挑衅
It’s just two sides who tripped each other way back.
谁在乎战争背后的故事
Who cares about the history behind it?
我是爸爸的女儿
I am my father’s daughter.
当他们传呼我做证时 我会毫不犹豫地护着自己人
And when they call me to testify, I will protect my own no matter what.
没人关心我做什么 为什么我要上学
Nobody cares what I do. Why should I bother coming to school?
我的朋友们是街头战士 而不是战争士兵
My friends are soldiers, not of war, but of the streets.
他们为生存而战
They fight for their lives.
我讨厌枪顶着皮肤的那种冰冷的感觉
I hate the cold feeling of a gun against my skin.
这让我浑身颤抖
It makes me shiver.
这是疯子一般的生活 一旦你进入之后 就别妄想退出
It’s a crazy-ass life. Once you’re in, there’s no getting out.
每次我欺负别人
Every time I jump somebody in
和招揽别人进入帮派 好比是一场洗礼
and make someone a part of our gang, it’s another baptism.
他们将生命托付我们手上 我们给他们一种全新的生活
They give us their life, we give them a new one.
我失去了许多在未经宣告的战争中就死去的朋友
I’ve lost many friends who have died in an undeclared war.
对那些战士和我来说 这都是值得的
To the soldiers and me, it’s all worth it.
冒着生命危险躲闪子弹 扣动扳机
Risk your life dodging bullets, pulling triggers.
一切都值得
It’s all worth it.
郎姆可乐
Rum and Coke.

Oh, man.

This is…
格鲁威尔先生 你的桌子已经准备好了 请跟我来
Mr. Gruwell? Your table is ready. Follow me.
-爸 我来拿 -好的
-Dad, I got them. -Okay.
爸 我不知道怎么做
Dad, I don’t know what to do with this.
我不是社会工作者 我仅仅是个老师
I’m not a social worker. I’m barely a teacher.
谢谢
Thank you.
这些孩子 他们只有十四五岁
These kids, they’re 14, 15 years old,
如果他们能每天生存下来算是大幸了
and if they make it through the day alive, that’s good enough.
那我应该怎么教他们呢
And I’m supposed to teach them?
听我说
Listen to me.
你对他们在课堂之外的生活 不负任何责任
You’re not responsible for their lives outside that classroom.
-做好你的工作就行了 -怎么做
-Just do your job the best you can. -How?
管理层不给我任何资源
The administration doesn’t give me any resources,
没有书本 没有支持
no books, no support.
所以我该做些什么
So, what should I do?
完成你的义务直到学期结束
Fulfill your obligation till the end of the school year,
然后等待调到另一个职位
but line up another position.
成功需要经验
Success follows experience.
所以都积累些经验
So, get some more experience.
但不管如何都要记住 这只是工作
But no matter what, you gotta remember, it’s just a job.
如果你觉得这份工作不合适 就去找份别的工作
If you’re not right for this one, get another job.
你要在商店卖♥♥乳罩
You’re gonna sell bras at a department store?
兼♥职♥而已
Just part-time.
我想给那些孩子弄到书和其他东西有点困难
I’m having a little trouble getting books and things for the kids.
所以多些钱可以给我多些选择
So, a little extra money will give me a little more freedom
做我想做的事情
to do what I want.
这样你下班后可以和埃文一起打网球
And this way you can play tennis with Evan after work.
好了 我让来说说我的想法
Okay, let me get my head around this.
你要去另找份工作去补贴你现在的工作
You’re going to get an extra job to pay for your job.
我保证是临时的

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!