本地帮没有黑鬼 本地帮和死兔帮信仰相同
There’s no niggers in the Natives. Natives and Rabbits is one thing.
可是黑鬼跑到教堂里来却是另一♥码♥事
A nigger in the church is something else!
你投靠了本地帮你去为本地帮祈祷吧
You run with the Natives, pray with them!
你们会象你们的人一样被穿在桩子上
You’re gonna wind up on a stake like your man did!
麦格罗恩
McGloin.
神父 天啊 你知道有个黑鬼跑到你的教堂里来了吗?
Father! Jesus, did you know there’s a nigger in your church?
天啊
Jesus.
天翻地覆了
The earth turns…
…可我们并未觉察到
…but we don ‘t feel it move.
直到某天晚上才突然发现
Then one night you look up.
星星之火 终于燎原
One spark, and the sky is on fire.
真是令人激动的场面
It’s a touching spectacle.
你们准备好了我们会回来的
We’ll come back when you’re ready for us.
过去就是我们的指路明灯
The past is the torch that lights our way.
先辈们已经指引了我们该走的路 我们应该大步前行
Where our fathers have shown us the path, we shall follow.
我们的信仰是敌人最惧怕的武器
Our faith is the weapon most feared by our enemies.
凭藉信仰我们可以发动同胞对抗欲置我们于死地的敌人
For thereby shall we lift our people up against those who would destroy us.
我们称自己为’死兔帮’ 为了牢记我们过去经受的苦难
Our name is called the Dead Rabbits to remind all of our suffering…
为了团结正在经受苦难的人们
…and as a call to those who suffer still to join our ranks…
…团结那些从我们共同的家乡 漂洋过海 不远万里来到此地的人们
…however so far they may have strayed from our common home across the sea.
因为众人同心 其利断金
For with great numbers must come great strength…and the salvation of our people.
-你们那些事我们不想掺乎进来 -有多少人住在这里?
-We don’t want your business. -How many men live here?
-都得来登记 -你们不能强迫我入伍
-You have to register. -You can’t force me to join.
-你有300美元吗? -当然没有
-Have you got $300? – Of course not.
哪他妈的去搞300美元? 如果你被征召 想要免服兵役
-Who’s got $300? -Lf you’re drafted, release from service…
需要缴纳300美元才行 这是征兵法规定的
…can only be secured for $300, according to the Conscription Act.
-否则 你就得入伍 -谁他妈有300美元?
-Otherwise, you have to serve! -Who the hell’s got $300?
你必须应征 除非你有300美元
You have to serve, sir, unless you have $300!
-伙计们 -从哪来滚回哪去
-Boys! – Go back to where you came from!
我在此土生土长 你是移♥民♥到此你就必须为这个国家战斗
I’m born in this country. You immigrated here. You will fight for this country!
天啊 战争真是可怕的灾难
Sweet Jesus! War does terrible things to men.
-滚回富人区去 -300美元? -又一场富人的战争
-Get back uptown where you belong! -$300? So it’s another rich man’s war.
先生 我想和此人谈谈
Sir, I request an audience with this man.
纽约已经没人说英语了吗?
No one speak English in New York anymore?
-我不懂你说什么 -原来你会说英语
-Don’t understand. -You do speak English.
爱华亭小姐能否别把枪口这么对着我?
I wonder if Miss Everdeane could angle her rifle in some other direction.
瓦伦先生 不知道你是否明白这份宣传的真正价值
I wonder, Mr. Vallon, if you understand the true value of this sort of publicity.
大教主本人与五点区的半数爱尔兰人立场一致
The archbishop himself, shoulder to shoulder with the Irish in the Five Points.
我愿意与你们结盟对抗比尔.卡丁…
I’m offering to form an alliance with you against Bill Cutting…
…及他支持的持本土论观点的候选人
…and his slate of Nativist candidates.
我愿意出个很好的价钱给每位投票给坦慕尼的爱尔兰人
I’ll negotiate a handsome fee for every Irish vote you send Tammany’s way…
在接下来的选举中
…in the coming elections.
我需要在五点区物色一位新盟友
I need a new friend in the Five Points, son.
我希望这位朋友是你
I’d like that friend to be you.
等一下 特威德先生
Now, just a moment, Mr. Tweed.
如果你能拿到你希望的选票
Suppose we do get you those votes.
你能不能支持我选择的一位爱尔兰候选人?
Would you back an Irish candidate of my choosing?
-恐怕不行 -如果所有爱尔兰人都投你的票呢?
-I don’t think so. -What if we get you all the Irish votes?
瓦伦先生 这简直是天方夜谭
That will only happen in the reign of Queen Dick.
-你说什么? -就是永远不可能发生的事
-Beg your pardon? -It will never happen.
我倒是可以支持爱尔兰人竞选市议员
I might be persuaded to back an Irish candidate for, say, alderman.
-市议员? 爱尔兰人已经有了市议员了
-Alderman? -We’ve already got Irish aldermen.
-正因为如此 -所以 比市议员大的是什么?
-So we have. That’s why… -Well, what’s bigger than alderman?
治安官 治安官 好了 特威德先生
Sheriff. Sheriff. All right, Mr. Tweed.
你支持一位爱尔兰人竞选纽约市或县的治安官
You back an Irishman for sheriff of the city and county of New York…
…我们会让他当选
…and we’ll get him elected.
我爱你们爱尔兰人 孩子 可高于市议员的职位你们永远不可能得到
I love the Irish, but higher than alderman you shall never climb.
-为什么呢? -首先 没一个人
-Well, why not? -For one thing, no man living…
…能决定所有爱尔兰人的投票方向 -我能
…can consolidate the Irish vote. – I can.
其次 此话不怀恶意
And for another, I mean no effrontery…
…找不出一位爱尔兰人适合竞选治安官
…no one’s yet found an Irish candidate for sheriff worth voting for.
蒙克
Monk.
请看
Here.
看起来象我祖父一样镇定从容
He’s to have me looking as sober as me own grandfather.
-他肯定很了不起 -他是个烂酒鬼
-Another great man, I’m sure. -A thorough drunken bastard.
我愿意试一试
Could I say what I want?
正是我想要的
Well, that’s why I wanted you.
我们选的代表们是一伙盗匪
Our elected representatives are a gang of thieves…
…赌咒发誓要为我们谋取更好的权益的同时
…who swear to better our lot…
…手却伸到我们的腰包里去了
…while dipping their hands deep into our pockets.
我与社区领袖们并肩作战比如这位比尔.卡丁先生
I stand shoulder to shoulder with community leaders like Bill Cutting…
对抗所有敢于侵害民♥主♥的人
…against any and all inroads into our fine democracy.
我要确保没人能夺走你们千辛万苦得来的东西
I’ll see to it that no one takes away what you’ve earned by pluck and application.
-入侵的爱尔兰蛮子
-To invading hordes of Hibernians!
去把票投给沃尔特麦克金
You go to the polls and you put your mark next to the name Walter McGinn.
-打倒那帮吃土豆的人比如那边那堆人 他们抢走了我们的饭碗
-Against the potato eaters, like them over there, thieving our jobs!
为什么这么多爱尔兰人要到南方去送死?
Why should so many Irish die down south…
…我们的战场不是在南方各州 而是在这里的大街小巷里
…when the first war to win is not down in Dixie, but right here in these streets?
谁是五点区最好的斗士?
And who’s the finest street fighter in the Five Points?
-蒙克 -没错
-Monk! – That’s right.
那么让全城都听到你们的声音
Now, let the whole damn city hear it!
这人天生就是干这个的
That man was right born for this.
他杀过44人 打败的更有百人之多
Well, he’s killed 44 men, laid low a couple hundred more.
-是真的吗? -真的
-Is that right? -That’s right.
我应该让他竞选市长
I should have run him for mayor.
好了 把他们全带走 今天是选举日
All right, line them up. It’s election day!
快点 你这畜生
Not so fast, you little yellow bastard!
起来
Come on!
起来 畜生 给我投票去
Come on, you bastard, we need your vote.
畜生?我过去为你们而战 黑鬼
Bastard? I fought for you, nigger. I lost an arm for you.
还没算完 马上跟我走
Well, that’s a start. Now, come on.
太阳出来了 太阳出来了
Rise and shine. Rise and shine.
我们这个伟大的国家里牛鬼蛇神也能投票
In this great country of ours, even the hop fiends get to vote!
别打扮了 加快动作
Less art and more haste, Don.
-你去哪? -我今天已经投了票
-Where are you going? – I already voted today.
投给了蒙克和坦慕尼 各两次
Cast for Monk and Tammany, by God. Twice.
两次? 才两次? 你就是这样行使公民权利的吗? 跟我来
Twice? Only twice? You call that doing your civic duty? Come with me.
你别走 回来坐下
Oh, no, you don’t. Get back and sit down.
又一个 好好给他清理一下
Here’s another one. Clean him up good.
把他们的胡子剃了 让他们再去投一次
Shave their beards and send them back to vote again.
好的 伙计们 投蒙克和坦慕尼 蒙克和坦慕尼
All right, boys. Vote Monk, Tammany. Monk, Tammany!
先生们 我们伟大的城市需要一座新法♥院♥
So, gentlemen, what our great city needs is a new courthouse.
我希望未来的法♥院♥应该比较经济节约
I propose it should be a modest, economical structure.
失陪一会 什么事?
Excuse me one moment.
蒙克已经比其他对手领先3000多票了
Monk’s already won by 3000 more votes than there are voters.
这么少? 设法提高到2、3万去 我们不要小胜 我们要大捷
Three? Make it 20, 30. We don’t need a victory. We need a Roman triumph!
-我们没有多余的选票了 -记住从政的首要准则
-But we don’t have any more ballots. -Remember the first rule of politics:
选票不代表最后结果 最后的计票才代表结果 是计票
The ballots don’t make the results, the counters make the results.
继续计吧
Keep counting.
比尔送来的
It’s from Bill.
蒙克
Monk.
五点区的公民们…
Citizens of the Five Points…
比尔.卡丁先生试图挑起纷争
…Mr. Bill Cutting is attempting to draw me into an argument…
最终无疑会引发流血事件进而危及我的办公室的安全
…that would no doubt end in bloodshed and the compromising of my office.
大家什么看法?
What do you think?
我该选择按老规矩一言不发地应战
Should I engage in silence this relic of the ancient law?
还是选择在新的形势下 新的环境里作你们的代言人?
Or shall I be your chosen voice in a new testament, in the new world?
你看到了 比尔
There you are, Bill.
人们的态度已经表明了
The people have spoken.
长♥期♥的暴♥力♥纷争已经让人麻木了
The very notion of violent reprisal benumbs them.
上来吧
Come on up.
看我们能否以民♥主♥的方式解决纷争
Let’s see if we can resolve our grievances the democratic way.
朋友 这是少数派的投票
That, my friends, is the minority vote.
知道我的厉害了吧 滋味如何?
Now you’ve tasted my mutton. How do you like it?
看着
Look.
我让你看看这里
I want you to see this.
这就是你 就在这
This is you. Right here.
第45条 你这个爱尔兰狗♥杂♥种♥
Notch 45, you Irish bog bastard.
你们把他烧了吧看看他的骨灰会不会变成绿色
Why don’t you burn him, see if his ashes turn green.
‘命运眷顾勇者’
Fortune favors the bold!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!