也许他们和你的是非观念不同吧
But then maybe they don’t share your religious scruples.
也许他们只是一对’费德兰奔'(Fidlam bens:黑话 什么都偷的贼)
Maybe they’re just a couple of fidlam Bens.
叫我什么的都有 可从没人叫我…
I’ve been called a lot of things, mister, but I ain’t never been called…
-费德兰奔 -费德兰奔 没氏
-Fidlam Bens. -Fidlam Bens. Right.
如果我知道确切意思 我可能会反击
Well, if I knew what in the hell that meant, I’d be inclined to take offense.
费德兰奔就是什么都偷的人 不论死活
A fidlam Bens is a fellow who steals anything, dead or alive…
384太没出息以至无法建立任何形象
…because he’s too low to work up a decent lay for himself.
小心点 屠夫 小心点
Count that careful, Bill. Count that careful.
-我告诉你他们就给了这么多 -小毛贼
-I’m telling you, that’s all there is… -Now, chiseler…
你说我们是小毛贼 这个词我明白 你知道吗?
If you’d said “chiseler,” now there’s a word I understand. You know?
-你是这么叫我们吗? -我能想出一大堆名词称呼你们
-Now, is that what you’re calling us? -I can think of many things to call you.
如果我问你是否称我们为’小毛贼’?
Right. But I asked if you was calling us chiselers.
是又如何?
Supposing I am?
那局面就不好收拾了
Well, then we got business.
来吧
That we do.
两块押麦格罗恩
-A fight! There’s a fight! -Two bucks on McGloin.
-四块押小伙子 -四块押小伙子
-Four bits on the kid. -Five bits on the kid.
五块押阿姆斯特丹!
I got two on Amsterdam.
上啊 麦格罗恩他不过是个小毛头
Come on, McGloin, he’s just a kid.
押回阿姆斯特丹四块
Four bits to back Amsterdam.
小心他的左拳 麦格罗恩
Watch his left, McGloin. Watch his left.
-行了 够了 够了 -你还有什么可说的?
-All right, l do. l do. -Anything to say now, huh?!
行了 拉开他吧
OK, for chrissake. Drag him off.
-够了 小子 你赢了 -行了 小子 你赢了 别犯傻了
-That’s enough, kid. -You got him. Come on, kid, you won.
麦格罗恩 他是个孩子
McGloin. He’s a kid too, McGloin.
你太老了 麦格罗恩
You’re getting too old for it, McGloin.
麦格罗恩 没鼻子耳朵的脑袋看起来是什么样的?
McGloin, how would that head look without the ears and the nose on it?
这种脑袋你最好别碰 比尔
You’d better leave that head alone, Bill.
我要把那脑袋的鼻子耳朵削掉
I think I’m gonna trim the ears and the beak off of that head.
用这脑袋做碗好汤
Make a nice pot of soup of that head.
有比这脑袋好味的脑袋 比尔
You could find a tastier head than that, Bill.
没爱尔兰炖肉我根本没胃口
I ain’t got the stomach for no Irish stew.
大名鼎鼎的麦格罗恩差点成了个后生的手下败将
The mighty McGloin almost fishhooked by a sprat.
第七天上帝休息 在休息前
On the seventh day, the Lord rested, but before that he did…
他蹲在英格兰旁边 拉出来的东西 就是爱尔兰
…he squatted over the side of England, and what came out of him was Ireland.
-没有冒犯你的意思 -没关系 先生 我是在这长大的
-No offense, son. -Oh, none taken, sir. I grew up here.
关于爱尔兰的一切我都是在孤儿院听别人说的
All I ever knew of Ireland was in the talk of the others at the orphan asylum.
你的祖先产在那个粪便岛的那个部位?
In which part of that excrementitious isle were your forebears spawned?
我听说是克立 可从孤儿院起我就无法从口音证实这点了
I’ve been told Kerry, but I lost proof of it in my language at the asylum.
我也在相似的环境中长大
I was raised in a very similar establishment myself.
你看到属于我的东西都是某阶段的产物
Now everything you see belongs to me, to one degree or another.
天堂广场的乞丐 报童和小贼
The beggars and newsboys and quick thieves here in Paradise.
有钱的海员和低级酒吧 码头边劣质威士忌
The sailor dives and gin mills and blind tigers on the waterfront.
盎格鲁人 双性人和中国人
The anglers and amusers, the she-hes and the Chinks.
每个人都欠我钱 每个人都要付我钱
Everybody owes, everybody pays…
384只有如此才能逆流而上 成长起来
…because that’s how you stand up against the rising of the tide.
-我说的对吗? -没错 比尔
-Is that right, boys? -Yeah, Bill. That’s right.
加入我们的行列 为国效力
Enlist. Join up. Serve your country.
响应征兵法的号♥召
Come on in out of the draft, boys.
自告奋勇者可获50美元奖赏
Volunteer and get your $50 bonus.
我们需要30000名自愿者 我们准备支付每位自愿者677美元
We need 30,000 volunteers, and we’re prepared to pay $677 per volunteer.
-请看看这个 -谢谢
-Please read this. Thank you. -Thanks.
你要拿一张来填吗?
Would you like to take one of these to fill out?
一日管三餐 一日管三餐
Three square meals a day. Three square meals a day.
年轻人 应征入伍报效国家
Young man, enlist and serve your country.
一日管三餐 先生
Three square meals a day, gentlemen.
如果有兴趣 建议你看一下这个再决定是否应征
If you’re interested, read this and consider joining.
走到哪里人们都在谈论征兵
Everywhere you went people talked about the draft.
支付300美元可免于应征
Now, you could buy your way out for $300…
可谁有300美元呢?
…but who had $300?
对我们来说和三百万也没区别
For us it might as well have been 3 million.
对于征兵人员 他们害怕黑帮会找上我们
The recruiters? They was too scared of the gangs to come after us.
而且 我们从没想过战争会打到纽约
Besides, we never dreamt the war would ever touch New York.
早晨好 先生
Good morning, sir.
你!
You!
你可别撞上我
Don’t you run into me.
一报还一报
Fair enough.
我说了别撞我的
I said, don’t run into me!
对不起
Well, sorry.
-没丢东西吧? -好象没有
-Everything in place? -It seems so.
那我就留你继续享受上帝的恩惠和关怀
Well, then I leave you in the grace and favor of the Lord.
-多谢 -好了
-Thank you. -That’s right.
这个死丫头
Oh, the dirty mab!

Oh, no.
-对不起-我来
-I’m sorry. -Allow me.
-多谢你的好意 先生 -乐意效劳
-Thank you kindly, sir. -Oh, it’s my pleasure.
我希望你不会觉得我很冒昧
I hope you won’t think me rude if I speak.
否则我还是闭口为妙
I wouldn’t want to appear forward.
先生 那要看你说什么
Well, sir, that depends on what you say.
如果我夸你是纽约最漂亮的女孩你会认为我很鲁莽吗?
Would you call me reckless if I said you were the prettiest girl in New York?
只是在纽约吗?
Only New York?
我到站了
This is my stop.
我可以陪你走一会儿吗?
May I walk with you a little then?
先生 这样太鲁莽了
That, sir, would be too bold.
早上好
Good morning.
不同的小偷有不同的外号♥
For every lay we had a different name.
钓鱼者在棍子上装个钩
An “angler” put a hook on the end of a stick…
…伸到商店门窗后去偷
…to drop behind store windows and doors.
潜水者专门在教堂里摸包
An “autumn diver” picked your pocket in church.
獾 找个女孩引人上♥床♥
A “badger” gets a fellow into bed with a girl…
…趁他们行事时掏光他的口袋
…then robs his pockets while they’re on the go.
珍妮是个女贼 女扒手
Jenny was a “bludget,” a girl pickpocket…
…也是个斑鸠
…and a “turtledove.”
斑鸠在城里穿成女仆的模样
A turtledove goes uptown dressed like a housemaid…
384找一大户人家 直接从后门进入
…picks out a fine house and goes right through the back door.
偷得神不知鬼不觉
Robs you blind.
做斑鸠需要勇气过人
It takes a lot of sand to be a turtledove.
把圣牌还给我 天啊
I’ll have my medal back. Oh, Jesus!
别再这么做
Don’t do that again.
听着 我说别再这么做了
Listen! I said, don’t do that…
你回五点去 别管我的事…
Go back to the Points and leave me to my business…
…否则我会割开你的喉咙让你去见上帝
…or I will open your throat, so help me God.
好吧
All right.
动手吧
Go on then.
我♥干♥得出的
I would.
那动手吧
Go on then.
把圣牌不给我
Now give me back my medal.
快点
Make it quick!
我不知道哪个是你的
I don’t know which one’s yours.
什么事都要我亲手做?
Suppose I help myself to everything?
大概是吧
Suppose you do.
我陪你走一会吧
May I walk with you a little then?
你认为一个人一天能嫌多少钱?
What do you suppose a fellow could earn here in a day?
-也许我们能合作 -我想你玩这种游戏有点
-Maybe we could pal in together. -Oh, I think you’re a bit…
…鲁莽 而且我一向独来独往
…rough for this sort of game. Besides, I work alone.
独来独往? 你需要向屠夫进贡多少?
Alone? Well, what do you quarter to the Butcher?
-不需要 -不需要?
-Me? Nothing. – Nothing?
屠夫和我有特别协议
The Butcher and me have a special arrangement.
-我不想再见到你了 -我不会怪你的
-I don’t want to see you again. -Well, I don’t blame you.
身揣几个铜板 眼里饱含希望
Pennies in their pockets and hope in their eyes…
他们凝视着西方
…they peer to the west…
眺望着天平线寻找陆地的身影
…searching the horizon for a glimpse of land and salvation.
美洲的身影
A glimpse of America.
如此贫困真使人极度不安斯盖马洪小姐
Seeing all this poverty must be most unsettling, Miss Schermerhorn.
有时富人区的帮派也会来到我们这
Some days, of course, the uptown gangs come down to us.
斯盖马洪家族就是纽约历史最悠久的帮派之一
The Schermerhorns was one of the oldest families in New York.
城市虽然不由他们管理
They didn ‘t run the city…
可他们的影响力却举足轻重
…but they was listened to carefully by them that did.
布兰特专员说你希望考察一下五点区的各个层面
Commissioner Brunt said you wished to view…
他说’考察一下不需要动员什么人力物力’
…the Points in all its splendor and squalor.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!