You will not allow him to participate in these proceedings, is that clear?
没我的允许
You will never set foot in his office again…
不准你进他的办公室
without my permission.
我们都清楚了吗
We understand each other?…and propaganda reported
来自他们
by them…
和斯特拉斯堡德军的宣传
and by the Germans over Strasbourg.
分钟前希♥特♥勒♥声明
One minute you can hear Hitler himself announcing…
月三十号♥之前 要到达斯特拉斯堡
that he will be in Strasbourg by January the 30th…
那天是纳粹掌权纪念日
the anniversary of the Nazis coming to power in Germany.
下一分钟纳粹声称其两个新师
The next, the Nazis are claiming that 2 new divisions…
正在向斯特拉斯堡进军
are advancing on Strasbourg…
美军从亚尔萨斯全面溃退
and that the Americans are in full flight from Alsace.
他们越靠近就越疯狂
The closer they get,the more violent they become.
纳粹疯子在自欺欺人
The Nazi menace are offering their promises.
但今天
But today…
进来 坐下
Come in. Have a seat.
我们检查了德语
We’ve checked German…
喝一杯
Have a drink.

Sure.
也许你可以帮我译解
Maybe you can help me decipher some of this code…
今晚BBC的密♥码♥
coming through the BBC tonight, yeah?
我想你不需要 我的帮忙吧 上校
I don’t think you need my help, Colonel.
他们说的都非常清楚
Seems pretty clear what they’re saying.
听起来如此
It would seem so.
或许只是宣传手法吧
Or perhaps it’s all propaganda.
怎么对此
How about that?
沙场旧伤是很奇怪的东西
Strange thing about war wounds.
年纪越大 就不觉得那是光荣
The older you grow, the less proud you become of them.
这里还有另一把这样的枪吗
Got another one of these around here somewhere?
当然
Of course.
好 我们一起出去
Good. Why don’t you and I take a walk out on your compound…
来个老式决斗怎么样
and have ourselves an old-fashioned duel?
那样会很不错 是不是
That would be fitting, wouldn’t it?
但你应该会想出
But surely you can think of a more clever way…
更聪明的方法逃脱吧
out of this camp than that, yes?
你是这样想的吧
You think the war will wait for you, is that it, Colonel?
你知道不会的 它们永远不会
It won’t, you know. They never do.
你醉了
You’re drunk.
是的
Yeah.
但我看东西还是清楚得很
But I’m seeing things very clearly.
你知道 有时候我想 你的斯格特少尉
You know, sometimes I think your Lieutenant Scott…
待在阿♥拉♥巴马可能会更好
might have been better off in Alabama.
私刑几分钟就过去了
Lynchings are over in minutes.
他在这里的下场更加残酷
The kind of justice he’s suffering here is far crueler.
这就是你给哈特手册的原因
Is that why you gave Lieutenant Hart the manual?
我只想帮帮那个孩子
I was merely trying to help the lad.
除了娱乐你
He’s got enough to worry about…
他还有很多事要忙
without providing you with amusement.

Yes.
他还得担心你 是吧
He’s got you to worry about, hasn’t he?
别管我们的事
Stay out of our business.
不好意思 上校
Forgive me, Colonel, but you’re hardly…
这里轮不到你发号♥施令
in a position to hand out orders.
特别是对我
Especially to me.
只怕好景不长
For now.
除非你认为那是宣传降落之声
Unless, of course, you think that’s just…the sound of propaganda falling out there.
我本想跟踪贝德福德
Well, the idea was to follow Bedford…
在院子里抓到他
and catch him on the compound.
然后把他拖回营房♥
I wanted to drag him back under the barracks…and put his face in the mud.
把他的脸按进泥浆里 直到求饶
Well, by the time I got to him…
我追上他时他已经死了
he was already dead behind the theater…
脖子被扭断了
neck had been snapped.
接着一切都乱成一团
That’s when everything blew up.
警卫犬 “举手”我被捕了
Dogs, you know, hands up, and that was that.
那晚出去前 你的脸上和手上
Lieutenant,did you apply anything…to your face or hands before going out that night?
擦了什么没有 鞋油 烟灰
Shoe polish? Soot?
没有
No.
被告出示证物一 庭上
Defense exhibit 1, Your Honor.
死者在营房♥太平间的照片
Photos of the deceased taken in the camp morgue.
法庭会注意到
The court will note black smudges…
贝德福德右腮和下巴有污迹
on Bedford’s right cheek and jaw.
庭上 这有什么联♥系♥吗
Your Honor, what is the relevance of this?
说明杀害贝德福德的人是白人
To demonstrate to the court…that whoever killed Vic Bedford was white.
请允许我来示范一下
I’d like to ask the court’s permission…to conduct a demonstration,
如果起诉律师愿意 我还想请他站起来
I’d also ask the trial judge advocate to rise, if he would.
继续进行
Proceed.
根据贝德福德的伤口
Based on Bedford’s wounds and the fact that…
以及他没有喊叫的事实
nobody reported hearing him cry for help that night…
我们推断他认识凶手
we have to assume that he was either…friendly with his assailant…
或者是从背后被杀死的
or that whoever killed him did so from behind…
就像这样
the positioning being something like this.
如果你不介意
Captain, if you wouldn’t mind grabbing at me…
抓我的脸让我停下
at my face to get me to stop.
杀人犯具有力量和袭击的优势
Now, of course, the killer had the benefits…of leverage and surprise,
所以脖子被扭断了
so the neck was snapped…
贝德福德倒下了 污迹留下了
and Bedford fell, and the smudge went with him.
他的手指上也有 上尉
It was also on his fingers. Captain?
我想让法庭注意下列事情
At this time,I would like the court…to note the following for the record:
杀害贝德福德的人
Whoever killed Vic Bedford…
脸上留下了痕迹
had such a substance on his face on the night of the murder…
这提出了两个问题
which raises 2 questions.
第一 为什么林肯一斯格特
First, what call would Lincoln Scott have…
涂黑他的脸
for darkening his face?
使自己更黑
To look more black?
第二 如果他这样做了 何时去掉的
Second, if he had done so, when did he take it off?
他被捕后你们都马上看见了
Your Honor, you stood face to face with him…immediately after his capture.
他的脸很干净
His face was clean.
可以公正地作出结论
I think it’s fair to conclude…
杀害贝德福德的人
that whoever killed Vic Bedford was not only white…
不仅是白人 而且藏在戏院后
but was waiting behind this theater…
脸被涂黑了 以防守卫发现
face blackened to avoid detection by the guards.
就这些 庭上
Nothing further, Your Honor.
你说贝德福德上士
Lieutenant, you say that Sergeant Bedford sneaked out…
从营房♥炉子下 松动的地板那里溜了出去
through a loose board beneath the barracks’ stove.
是的 长官
Yes, sir.
你那晚跟他走的是同一条路线
And you took that same route on the night in question…after he’d gone out.
是的 长官
Yes, I did, sir.
你在下面发现了什么
What did you find down there, Lieutenant?
对不起 长官
Excuse me, sir?
地面上有什么
What was down there on the ground?
泥浆 对吧
Mud, right?
你说你打算将死者的脸 按进泥浆里
You stated that it had been your intention…to put the victim’s face in the mud…
直到他求饶为止
until he begged you to stop…
因此那里有泥浆 对吧
so there was mud down there,isn’t that right, Lieutenant?
我想是的
I suppose so.
油烟是从炉子里来的
And a fair amount of soot from the stove itself.
贝德福德上士
So it’s possible that Sergeant Bedford…
从有油烟的洞里爬出去
having descended through a hole lined with soot…and then having crawled facedown…
然后在营房♥下的泥浆中爬行
beneath the barracks wet with mud…
身上可能会沾上泥浆和油烟
might have emerged with mud and soot on his face.
到此为止 庭上
Nothing further, Your Honor.
谢谢你 西斯克上尉
Thank you, Captain Sisk.
你下来好吗 少尉
Will you step down, Lieutenant?
斯格特少尉
Lieutenant Scott?
你知道他们曾想方设法 想淘汰我们
You know how hard they tried…to wash us out of flight
我是指黑人飞行员
school… the colored flyers?
你的证词记录下来了
Your testimony’s been entered, Lieutenant.
少尉 你可以下来了
You can step down.
一次次的考试 绞尽脑汁
It was test after test.I mean, anything they
想把我们降为厨师
could come up with to turn us…
司机或握镐的苦力

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!