加利福尼亚州 戈蒂塔海滩 1970年
她顺着小巷走过来 爬上后门楼梯 就像过去一样
She came along the alley, and up the backstairs
the way she always used to
多克已经有一年多没见过她了 没人见过
Doc hadn’t seen her for over a year, no body had.
她过去总穿凉鞋
Back then it was always sandals, bottom half of
下半身印花比基尼
a flower-print bikini..
加上乡巴佬和鱼乐队的褪色T恤
and a faded Country Joe and the Fish T-shirt..
今晚她却完全是一副平原地区的打扮
Tonight she was all in flatland gear..
头发比他记忆中的短很多
hair a lot shorter than he remembered..
看上去就像她自己所不齿为之的那副模样
Looking just like she swore she’d never look.
喂…!
Pssst..!
是你吗 莎斯塔?
Is that you Shasta ?!
以为有幻觉了吧
Thinks he’s hallucinating
只是这身新行头 我猜
No, just a..new package I guess.
要你帮个忙 多克
I need your help Doc.
你知道我现在有办公室吧?
You know I have an office now!
就像那种白天上班的人
It’s like a day job and everything.
我查了电♥话♥簿 差一点就去那里了
I looked into the phone book,
I almost went over there..
不过我又想 这地方看起来挺隐秘 对我们都好
Then I thought better for every one
if this looks like a secret rendezvous.
有人跟踪你?
Somebody keeping a close eye..?
刚刚在马路上花了一个小时 希望是没盯梢的
Just spent an hour on surface streets
trying to make it look good.
想喝啤酒吗?
Uhm…you wanna beer..?
来点啤酒怎么样?
How about a beer you wanna…?
好的
Yeah
我有个男人
There’s this guy.
正儿八经的绅士吧?
Gentleman of the straight world persuasion?
好吧 多克
Ok Doc…
他结婚了
He’s married.
和…钱有关吧?
Some ah…money situation ?
人家妻子知道你了?
And the wife uhm..she knows about you?
她外面也有人
She’s seeing somebody too.
但不是那种普通情夫
But it’s not just the usual lie..
他们正在一起策划阴谋诡计
I think they’re working on some
creepy little scheme
卷着老公的钱跑路 是吧?
To make off with hubby’s fortune?
我听说过一两桩这种事
I heard of that happening once or twice!
那么…你究竟想让我做什么?
And you want me to do what exactly ?
They want me in on it
他们想拉我入伙
他们认为我是那种可以在他软弱的时候 接近他的人
They think I’m the one who
can reach him when he’s vulnerable
或者说尽可能没提防时
as much as he ever gets.
光屁♥股♥睡觉时
Bare ass and asleep.
我知道你懂的
I Knew you’d understand.
你还在琢磨这是对是错吗 莎斯塔?
Are you still trying to figure out if it’s
right or wrong Shasta?
比这还糟
Worse than that…
我在考虑自己欠他多少忠心
How much loyalty I owe him.
很好
Um..groovy!
好吧 不谈感情
All right..if..emotions aside…
那我们谈谈钱
Let’s look at the rent..
房♥租他出多少?
How much of your rent he’s been picking up?
全部
All of it.
挺贵的吧?
Pretty uh..hefty?
租的房♥子在汉科克公园(洛杉矶最奢华的富人区之一)
For Hancock Park..?
当然 你从他那里得到的一切都是靠打欠条
You’re giving him IOY’s for everything of course!
我♥操♥ 要是早知道你还是这么刻薄
Fucker..If I’m known you’re still this bitter.
我?只是想做得专业一点 仅此而已
Me…trying to be professional that’s all
好吧,那么…
All right, how much is the..
那个老婆和男友拖你下水 出什么价?
wifey and boyfriend offering to cut you in for..?
不是你想的那样 多克
It isn’t what you’re thinking Doc.
别急 可以过会再想
Don’t worry thinking comes later…
还有啥?
What else…!
我不确定
I’m not sure…
但听上去他们打算把他关进疯人院
Sounds like they want to commit him to a loony bin
在过去 她能几个星期都没啥复杂表情
Back when they were together she can go weeks
顶多撅一下嘴
without anything more complicated than a pout
现在她让他看到的 是面部各种表情的结合
以至于他根本就读不懂
Now she’s laying some heavy combination of face ingredients on Doc that he couldn’t read at all..
再想想 他从没听过她的声音中
浮着这么多忧愁
Come to think of it, there’s never been this
much sorrow in her voice.
听说你在和下城某个女人约会?
Heard yo’re seeing someone downtown..?
你是说佩妮?
Penny..?
她是初级检察官吧?
Some kinda junior D.A. ?
对 你认为那里的人可以阻止这件事的发生?
Yeah, you think somebody down there
can stop this before it happen?
碰到这种事情我也没几个地方能去 多克
Not too many places I could go with this Doc
好吧 我会和佩妮谈谈 看看能怎么办
I’ll talk to Penny, see what we can..see
你那对幸福小情侣 你知道他们叫什么吧?
Your happy couple..they have names ?
是米奇·乌尔夫曼
It’s Micky Wolfmann
那个经常上报纸的地♥产♥巨鳄?
Always in the paper? The real estate big shot?

Yeah
你不能把这事告诉任何人 多克
Can’t tell anyone about this Doc
好的 装聋作哑是我们的职业要求
Deaf and dumb…it’s kinda of my job.
我怎么联♥系♥你?
How do I reach you?
你不要联♥系♥我
You don’t
我从原来的住处搬出来了 待在我还能待的地方
I move out of my old place staying where I can anymore
不要多问
Don’t ask
这里有地方
There’s room here!
送我出去好吗?
Walk down my car ?
可能有人盯梢
Someone might be watching
你从来没让我失望过 多克
You never did let me down Doc
– 别急 我会的…
– 不 真的 你从来没有
-Don’t worry uhm..
-No, I mean really..ever.
– 我当然让你失望过
– 没有 你总是那么可靠
– Sure I did
– No you’re always true
你不必这么着急走
You don’t have to go
小心你的脚
Watch your toes.
性 本 恶
多克回想了一遍没有说出口的问题
Doc ran through all the things he hadn’t asked Shasta..
比如:她究竟有多依赖米奇许诺的便利和权势?
Like how much sh’s come to depend on Wolfmann’s guaranteed level of ease and power..
最问不出口的问题 是她对老米奇
到底有多少真正的激♥情♥?
And least askable of all..how passionately did she
really feel about old Mickey.
– 你好啊 多克
– 嗨 丹尼斯
-Hey, what’s up Doc?
-Hey dude.
你好吗?
What’s up man? What’s going on?
多克知道答案很可能是一句“我爱他” 还能是什么?
Doc knew the likely reply: I love him, what else!
虽然大家都心知肚明 这句话现如今早被滥用了
With the unspoken foot note that the word these days
was being way too over used.
你饿不饿?
You hungry?
偷哥斯拉的台词:咱们找个地方吞东西吧
Let’s go eat some place
当那晚多克和丹尼斯来吃饭时
So when when Doc and Denis came in that night..
并不只像饥饿瘾君子那样
It wasn’t just the usual hungry doper thing..
而是还带着其他一些什么
It was something else.
海王星终于移出了天蝎宫的死亡带
And with Neptune moving at last out of
it’s Scorpio death trip..
它正在升起 进入拥有更高级思维的射手座的照耀
and rising into the Sagitarian light of
the higher mind..
一定是关于爱
it was bound to be something love related..
我想我的确知道
and I thought I knew what it was.
怎么了?
So…!
她今晚来找我了
She stuck her head in for a minuet.
你难过了?
You’re feeling broken up ?
感觉确实有点奇怪
It was kinda weird seeing her again, you know?
我还以为再见到她会是在电视上
you know I figured next time I see her
would be on the tube
而不是真人呢
I mean not in person.
最好还是弄弄你这头发
Well, you better do something about this
又来?
yeah again?
我跟你唠叨不够 改变发型 改变人生
Can’t tell you enough, change your hair,
change your life.
好吧 你有什么建议啊?
What do you recommend ?
这得看你 跟着你的直觉走
It’s up to you, follow your intuition.
你好
Hello.
里特姨妈
Hey Aunt Reet.
你有话快说 今晚我要上直播节目
化妆却搞得一团糟

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!