如大家所见
And, as you can see, children,
孩子们非常的兴奋
it’s very, very exciting.
整个小镇都被这个新闻而轰炸了
The whole of the town is buzzing with the news
圣·贝尔纳戴特小学将
that St Bernadette’s is going to
被好莱坞参观
get a visitor from Hollywood.
为马登斯先生欢呼三下吧
Three cheers for Mr Maddens!
-来吧来吧 -喔耶
– Hip, hip! – Hurray!
-来吧来吧 -喔耶
– Hip, hip! – Hurray!
-来吧来吧 -喔耶
– Hip, hip! – Hooray!
贝文女士 孩子们
Mrs Bevan, boys and girls…
对不起 不过这儿
I’m sorry, cos there’s obviously
很明显有个误会
been some misunderstanding,
因为昨天我当着波比先生的面说
because yesterday I said in front of Mr. Poppy
好莱坞将会来访
that we were gonna have a… A visit from Hollywood.
我道歉是因为我简直迫不及待了
And I’m only sorry cos it’s not happening right now!
我没告诉你
I didn’t tell you.
只是告诉戈登·莎士比亚 你没长耳朵吗
I told Gordon Shakespeare! It wasn’t even for your ears!
你明白吗 你偷听了谈话的
Do you understand me? You were eavesdropping on a conversation.
-这没什么 -安静 这显然是个谎话
– It doesn’t matter! – Be quiet! It’s obviously a lie.
好莱坞怎么可能来学校
How are Hollywood gonna come to the school?
这是个谎言 是虚报 我编的
It’s a lie! It’s not true! I made it up!
你把事情给捣砸了
You have messed up, right?
所以该由你来担起责任
It’s up to you to face your responsibility
去告诉他们这是个谎言
and go out there and tell them it’s a lie.
给你女朋友打电♥话♥
All you’ve got to do is call your girlfriend
让好莱坞的朋友过来
and get the Hollywood people across.
有个问题 她不是我女友
One problem. She’s not my girlfriend.
我不知道她电♥话♥
I don’t know her number.
我不知道她在哪 不知道她住哪
Idon’t know where she is. I don’t know where she lives.
我昨天编了这个弥天大谎
I was making all of that up yesterday.
家人 她有家人吗
Family? Has she got any family?
她父母都在
Well, she’s got parents, yeah.
你养宠物吗
Do you have any pets?
我有一条狗 以前是她养的
l have a dog. Used to be hers.
太好啦 去她父母家
Brilliant! Just go round there.
告诉他们 狗狗去世了
Say, “The dog died.
我需要她的电♥话♥号♥码
I need her number.
我得当面告诉她这个让人心碎的消息
I should break her this news in person.”
-狗怎么会死的 -爆♥炸♥了
– How has the dog died? – lt blew up.
狗爆♥炸♥了
The dog blew up!
他们不会问的 不会问的
They won’t ask! They won’t ask.
你不会问的 我不会问
You wouldn’t ask. I wouldn’t ask.
妈呀 他们脑海中只会有这个念头
“Eugh!” They’d just think “Eugh”
然后就会给你号♥码
And get the number.
好莱坞将席卷本地学校
我们做的剧得是一流水平
We need those five stars.
希望你们都是一流的演员演出一流的剧
I need you all to be stars to get those stars.
我们需要情节跌宕起伏
We need something edgier,
充满愤怒 危险 阴森
more dangerous, something darker.
就像英国皇家莎士比亚剧团那么棒
Something like the RSC do, then bang,
内容让你茅塞顿开 糊涂灌顶
they hit you with something enormous.
这就是我们要达到的水平
That’s what we should be doing.
情节欧洲化 古怪陆离 充满异国风情
Something European, strange, exotic.
一些美国人虽不能理解但为之热爱的东西
Something that the Americans don’t understand but love.
就是这样 我们就演希律王
That’s it, l know, we could have… Herod.
希律王 没人演过这出戏 不是吗
King Herod, he’s never done,is he?
希律王 希律王还从来没人演过
Herod… Herod’s never done, ever!
就是它了 太好了 我们可以演希律王
That’s it, wonderful. We can have Herod.
可以演成歌♥剧
It could be like an opera.
在夜色中徘徊的身影
This dark shape brooding in the back,
涌现在舞台上 声嘶力竭的歌♥唱着
coming forward onto the stage, singing his heart out, his lungs,
渴求他们的思想和鲜血以及孩子们的身体
craving for their minds and blood and body of the children.
这就是我们要演的 谁想演希律王
That’s what we want. Who’s going to be my Herod?
这将是一个快乐的圣诞节
Can’t you see it’s gonna be a merry, Merry Christmas.
是所有好孩子们快乐的圣诞节
A merry, Merry Christmas for all good girls and boys…
非常感谢 跳得很好
Thank you very much. It was lovely.
还有别的要展示的才艺吗
Anything else you’d like to show us?
-A B C D -很不错
– A, B, C, D… – That’s good.
你和我 我在地板上跳舞 亲爱的
You and me, I’ve been dancing on the floor, darling.
我想要的更多
And I feel like I need some more,
我感到你的身体正在向我靠近
And I feel your body close to mine and I…
因为我只是一个土包子少年 宝贝
Cos I’m just a teenage dirtbag, baby.
跟我一起倾听铁娘子乐团吧 宝贝
Listen to Iron Maiden, baby, with me.
我站在小山上 站在小山上
I was going on a hill side, on a hill side.
我站在小山上 站在小山上
I was going on a hill side, on a hill side…
“丹尼男孩”
Oh, Danny Boy,
笛音袅袅
The pipes, the pipes are calling…
你要演什么
What would you like to play activity?
我知道你不会选我 但我想当约瑟夫
I know you’re not gonna let me, but I want to be Joseph.
好 开始吧
OK, well, away you go, in your own time.
-仔细看 -哇塞
– Careful. – Wow.
-你可以进入下一轮了 -没下一轮
– You’re through to the next round. – There’s not a next round.
-好莱坞那一关 -根本没好莱坞那一关
– The Hollywood round. – There isn’t a Hollywood round.
拜托了 我能去好莱坞吗 拜托了
Please can l go to Hollywood? Please! Please! Please!
你会在好莱坞大受欢迎的 鲍勃
Hollywood, Bob, are gonna love it.
我受不了了 能休息一下吗
Look, I can’t do it. Can we take five for a moment, please?
我出去一下… 不好意思
I’ve got to… Excuse me.
继续演 非常棒 很精彩
Keep going, it’s good. It’s really good.
-保罗 保罗 保罗 -你好 神父
– Paul. Paul. Paul. – Oh, hello, Father.
我是来向你道贺的 做得不错
I just popped in to congratulate you. Well done.
-谢谢 -真是个好消息
– Thank you. – It’s great news.
-谢谢 我会尽力而为 -做得不错
– Thank you very much. I’ll do what I can. – Well done.
神父 我能问你个问题吗
Father, could l ask your advice?
因为一个试演的孩子
I’ve just had a bit of a query
让我有了这个疑问
from one of the children in the auditions, actually.
我不知道如何告诉他们
I’m not sure how to advise them.
他们为说谎而担心
They’re worried about, er… lying.
其中有一个孩子撒了谎
One of them has told a lie.
像这种事情本身就分善意的谎言
We all know that there’s such a thing as a little white lie
和的虚假的谎言
and there’s a black protestant lie,
当然后者比较严重
which is more serious, you know…
我不这么认为 谎言就是谎言
I don’t think so, I don’t think so. A lie is a lie is a lie.
-从技术上讲 -什么意思 从技术上讲
– Technically? – What do you mean, technically?
比如 这顿饭好吃吗
Well, you know, “Is that a nice meal?”
是的 约翰逊夫人 很好吃
“Oh, yes, Mrs. Johnson, it’s lovely.”
即使你觉得很难吃 也会这么说
Even though you’re feeling sick,
因为你不想伤害她的感情
cos you don’t want to hurt her feelings.
但这仍然是个谎言 不是吗
But it’s still a lie, isn’t it?
但我不会因此而受到惩罚
But I’m not going to be punished for it.
不会 如果你带女士吃了顿难以下咽的饭
No, but if you picked the woman up on her bad cooking,
最好下次带她去吃顿好的
the next time you might get a decent meal.
贝文夫人 能谈几句吗
Mrs. Bevan, can I have a quick word?
我的电♥话♥响个不停
Ah! My phone is ringing off the hook.
-我能耽搁您一会吗 -当然可以
– Can I grab you for two minutes? – Of course.
有关好莱坞外交的消息传出去后
Word has got out about the Hollywood connection,
家长们都在不停的给我打电♥话♥
and parents are ringing me.
他们想知道事情的进展及时间
They want to know why, how, when.
我可以把所有的麻烦都免去
I can save time with all of that.
听听这消息 这绝对是锦上添花的事
Wait for this. This is the cherry on the cake,
市长大人办公室来电
the Lord Mayor’s office has rung
他们希望你去
and they want you to go
参加考文垂形象大使的大型招待会
to a big reception for Coventry ambassadors.
-不会吧 -是的 去一醉方休吧
– No! – Yes, and there’s going to be drinks.
-我去不了 -我已经代替你接受了
– I don’t think I can come. – I’ve accepted on your behalf.
是吗
Have you?
我得走了 电♥话♥又响了
I’ve got to go. Phone!
不要 求你了
No, please!
肯定是个重要的人物 回见
That will be somebody else. See you soon, bye-bye.
我是一个小小的圣诞爆竹
I’m a little Christmas cracker.
挂在圣诞树上
Hanging on a Christmas tree.
只是一个小小的圣诞爆竹

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!