用完了交给德弗林
Oh,Dev will pick those up later.
记住你今晚见到的所有人的名字
Try to memorise the names of all the people you see there tonight.
是男的
The men,I mean.
还有他们的国籍 这点很重要
And get their nationalities. That’s very important.
要是德国人 我听得出口音
You mean the Germans? That won’t be difficult for me.
我建议你不要多问 你要多听 多看
I suggest you don’t ask any questions. Just use your eyes and ears.
这帮亡命徒很精明 别小看他们
They’re a keen and desperate bunch. Don’t underestimate them.
谢谢你的指示
Thanks for your instructions. Good evening.
还有一件事 除非有非常紧急的情况要报告
By the way,unless you have something very urgent to report…
我们建议你们最近几天不要见面
I suggest you two keep shy of each other for the next few days.
这是怕你去了以后 他们会调查你
Just in case Sebastian’s people want to check on you after your visit.
-我懂了 -就这些了 祝你成功
– I understand. – Good luck.
-再见 -再见
– Goodnight. – Goodnight.
晚上好 我是休伯曼小姐 请通知塞巴斯蒂安先生
Good evening. I’m Miss Huberman,would you tell Mr. Sebastian I’m here?
-休伯曼小姐 -是的
– Miss Huberman? – Yes.
请你原谅 让你久等了
Please forgive me for keeping you waiting.
没关系
Not at all.
你很像你父亲 我是亚历克的母亲
You resemble your father very much. I’m Alex’s mother.
一见就认出来了
I knew when I saw you.
亚历克很崇拜你 现在我知道为什么了
Alex has always admired you. Now,at last,I know why.
你客气了
You’re very kind.
你父亲受审的时候你没作证 他不寻常啊
We thought unusual that you did not testify at your father’s trial.
他不要我作证
He didn’t want me to.
他不让律师出来让我作证
He refused to let his lawyers call me on the stand.
到底为什么
I wonder why?
你好 艾丽茜娅
Hello! Alicia!
我真高兴
I’m so glad!
-认识我妈了吗 -我们刚认识
– You met my mother. – Yes,we just met.
四年前你没在华盛顿见到艾丽茜娅
You didn’t meet Alicia when we were in Washington,did you mother?
-当时我不知道你在哪儿 -亚历克斯 我们去看看别的客人
– I don’t know where you were then? – I think we should join our guests.
-把披肩给我 -谢谢
– May I take your robe? – Thank you.
休伯曼小姐 我来介绍一下 埃瑞克·马迪斯
Miss Huberman,may I present Eric Mathis?
-你好 -你好
– How do you do? – How do you do?
威廉姆·罗斯曼先生
William Rothman.
你好
How do you do?
很荣幸
Very honoured.
伊米尔·虎泊克先生
Emil Hupka.
你好
How do you do?
很愉快
Delighted.
诺夫先生
And Mr. Nair.
安德森博士
And Dr. Anderson.
安德森博士
Dr. Anderson.
见到你真高兴
it gives me great pleasure.
今天晚上安德森博士是主客
Dr. Anderson is our Guest of Honour tonight.
亚历克斯 你不要谈科学 会让休伯曼小姐厌烦
You mustn’t bore Miss Huberman with discourses on science.
最少不要在饭前谈
Not before dinner,anyway.
入席了 夫人
Dinner is served,Madame.
安德森博士 你在那边 坐在我的旁边
Dr. Anderson,you will sit beside me,over there.
亚历克斯 你坐在休伯曼小姐的旁边
Eric,you will sit next to Miss Huberman.
夫人 你是刚从西班牙来的吗
You have just come from Spain,Senora?
几个星期以前 就好像很久
A few weeks ago. It seems ages.
现在的旅行就是快捷
Travel does not mean anything anymore,it goes so swiftly.
去哪儿都那么方便
One has the feeling of not going anywhere.
我猜想我们今后可以
I suppose we can expect the rocket ships…
坐更快的火箭跨过大洋
to be carrying us across the oceans very soon.
你总有奇思妙想
We can expect many strange things.
-下午的电影好吗 -不 太失望了
– Did you see a good movie,Eric? – No,I was disappointed.
一定是个喜剧 艾瑞克就爱到电影院哭鼻子
It must have been a comedy. Eric loves to go to the movies to cry.
他心肠很软
He’s very sentimental.
我看对伊米尔得想想办法了
I’m afraid,gentlemen,that something must be done about Emil.
怎么说呢
I don’t know.
这是个不应该的疏忽 他过于疲劳了
It was an understandable slip: the man was tired.
这是个很危险的疏忽
No,it’s a very dangerous slip.
这可不是第一次 已经试过好几次了
It’s not the first one. There have been several other lapses.
要是不管 还会这样
There’ll be more,if we permit it.
这不好 很不好
That’s bad,that’s very bad!
我看诸位 把这事交给我吧
I think,gentlemen,you can leave it to me to find some way.
我有办法 往山顶去的那条路弯弯曲曲
When you drive up to Metropolis,the road winds quite a bit.
山也很高 而且有很多急转弯
It is very high. There are some very awkward turns.
我要搭伊米尔的车
I’m sure I’ll not have any difficulty…
没什么困难
in getting Emil to give me a lift in his car.
但是要跳车 就不那么简单了
It’s quite a trick to jump clear.
我加点小心就是了
I’ll just have to be careful,that is all.
刚才的事不会再发生了
Turned my ankle the last time.
夫人问 你们是跟客人一起喝咖啡 还是在这喝呢
Madame says will you join the others or will you take your coffee in here?
我们就在这儿喝
I think we’ll take coffee in here,Emil.
很抱歉 这样当众出丑
I’m very sorry gentlemen,to make such an exhibition.
没别的事
Oh,nonsense!
你有点紧张了
We all have nerves!
你太累了
You’ve been overworking.
你看对不对
Don’t you think so,Rothman?
你需要休息
You need a rest.
健康非常重要
Your health is very important to us.
你想的真周到 我是很疲劳了
That’s very considerate. I am very tired.
所以 现在 我看也许
Now,I think perhaps if you’ll make
你替我跟那些女人们告辞 亚历克斯
my pardon to the ladies,Alex…
我没能奉陪 很抱歉
for my leaving so early,then I go…
伊尔米 还是我和你一起去的好
I think maybe,Emil,it would be better if I came with you.
刚吃完了饭 又是这么远的路
If you try to drive yourself all the way up to Metropolis…
一个人开车会受不了的
it might be too much for you.
我来给你开车
I shall drive you.

No!
这么远的路你恐怕也受不了 怎么可能你驾
It’d be too much for you all that way. That’s too much to ask.
哪儿的话 我愿意去
Nonsense,I’d love to go!
走吧 伊米尔
Come on,Emil.
再见 诸位
Goodnight,gentlemen.
再见 亚历克斯
Goodnight,Alex.
明天你就会恢复疲劳了 伊米尔
I hope you feel better in the morning,Emil.
谢谢 我真是抱歉当着外人出了这样的丑
Thank you,and I’m very sorry to make a scene before strangers.
十分抱歉
Very sorry.
谢谢你这顿丰富的晚餐
Thank you,Alex,for an excellent dinner.
告诉你母亲 特别是那道点心太好了
And please tell your mother from me that the desert was superb.
休伯曼小姐去了好半天了
Miss Huberman has been gone a long time.
为什么老是叫艾丽茜娅做休伯曼小姐呢
Is it necessary for you to address Alicia as Miss Huberman?
我希望你不要对她太见外了
I do wish you’d be a little more cordial to her.
是吗 我觉得我对她很不错了
Really? I thought I was behaving very well.
她对我有点抱怨吗
Has she been complaining about me?
-没有 -感激之至
– No,no. – I’m grateful.
你要对她随和些
You might smile at her.
要是我们俩都像客人 一样对待她那不太过份吗
Wouldn’t it be a little too much if we both grinned at her like idiots?
好了 妈妈 让我好好看看
Please,mother,I want to enjoy myself.
跟我在一起有那么烦啊
Is it so boring to sit with me alone?
一点也不
Not at all,not at all.
-你好 -噢 你好
– Hello! – Hello!
-我想我看见你了 -你好吗
– I thought I saw you. – How are you?
好 谢谢 人可真不少
Fine thanks. Great turn out,isn’t it?
是啊
Yes.
-他们在哪儿 -在看台包厢里
– Where are they? – In a box in the stand.
他们母子俩不会看见我们
I don’t think they can see us,Alex and his mother.
别再打电♥话♥给我 下次我来找你
Don’t telephone me any more. Just rely on my popping up.
-听得清吗 -你说吧
– Can you hear me? – Sure,go ahead.
-听说过安德森博士吗 -没有
– Have you heard of Dr. Anderson? – No.
好像是个科学家 人挺和气 头发银灰色
He’s some kind of a scientist: kind face,sixty years old,grey hair.
前额皱纹很深
Deep crease in the forehead.
-身材呢 -矮小
– Tall or short? – Short.
-伊尔米·虎泊克听说过 -没有
– Emil Hupka,heard of him? – No.
那天晚上 他为了一瓶酒紧张了好一阵
He made quite a scene about a wine bottle the other night.
是瓶陈酒
Didn’t like the vintage?
好像那瓶里不是酒
He seemed to think there was something else in the bottle.
-那是什么 -是酒 我们都喝了
– Was there? – No,it was wine. We drank it.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!