I mean, really. Shep, you’ve been there, you tell her.
-对 是个不错的城市 -对
-Yeah, it’s a great city. -Yeah.
你们什么时候做的决定
When did you make this decision?
大概一周前吧 记不清楚了
About a week ago? It’s hard to remember.
我们突然决定的 仅此而已
We just suddenly decided to go, that’s all.
大概一周前决定的 你们现在才说
About a week ago, you tell us now.
我们得深思熟虑过后才告诉你们
We had to get used to the idea.
那都安排好了吗 弗兰克 在那儿找工作还是怎样
So, what’s the deal, Frank? You get a job over there, or what?
-不 还不大确定 -不大确定?
-No, no. Not exactly. -What do you mean, “not exactly”?
弗兰克不会找任何工作 因为我会去工作
Frank won’t be getting any kind of a job, because I will.
那你打算做什么呢 弗兰克
So what are you going to do,Frank?
我要去进修 去读书
I’m going to study. And I’m going to read.
我想我终于要弄清在接下来的人生中我想要做什么了
I suppose I’m going to finally figure out what I want to do with my life,
谢普
Shep.
那她支持你吗
While she supports you?
当然 她很支持我
Yes. While she supports me.
一开始就支持我
In the beginning.
那边的政♥府♥机构付给秘书的薪酬
You wouldn’t believe what they pay for secretarial work
令人难以置信
In those government agencies over there.
像北约和非洲经济委员会那些机构
NATO and ECA and those places.
而且那边的生活费用超低的 对吧
And the cost of living is dirt cheap, right?
超低
It’s so cheap.
其实我们只是需要换换环境罢了
The truth is we just need something different.
岁月催人老 我们不想生命白白流逝
We’re not getting any younger and we don’t want life to just pass us by.
是啊
That’s right.
听起来棒极了 年轻人
Gee, it sounds wonderful, kids.
我说真的 听起来真的很棒
I mean it. It really sounds wonderful.
-谢谢 米莉 -米莉
-Thank you, Milly. -Oh, Milly.
我们一定会想你们的 对吧 亲爱的 天哪
We’ll certainly miss you both. Won’t we, sweetie? Golly.
-当然 -我们也会想你们的
-Sure. -We’ll miss you, too.
-一定会 -一定
-Of course. -True.
我们应该为去巴黎干一杯
We should have a toast or something. To Paris.
-为巴黎干杯 -为巴黎干杯
-To Paris. -To Paris.
为巴黎干杯
To paris.
-干杯 -干杯
-Cheers. -Cheers.
你知道我在想什么吗
You know what I think?
什么
What?
我认为这整个计划听起来有点不成熟
I think this whole plan sounds a little immature.
天哪 我放心多了
Oh, god, I am so relieved.
我也是 我也一直那么想
Me, too. I was thinking that the whole time.
我的意思是 什么样的男人会整天坐在家里
I mean, what kind of man is going to sit around
游手好闲 无所事事
In his bathrobe all day picking his nose
-而老婆却在外面赚钱养家呢
-While his wife goes out and works?
-不知道
-I don’t know, Shep.
我也不知道
I just don’t know.
你干吗哭啊
Why are you crying?
怎么了
What’s the matter?
没什么 我只是要发泄一下罢了
It’s nothing. I’m just so relieved.
谢普
Shep.
求你别哭了 没事的 一切都会过去的
Don’t cry. Please. It’s all right. Everything’s going to be all right.
我的天哪 瞧他们当时的脸 天哪
My god, their faces! Oh, god.
天哪
Oh, god!
爱宝 坦白讲 你知道这像什么吗
You know what this is like, April, honestly?
这么讲吧
Just talking like this?
去欧洲的这个想法
The whole idea of going off to Europe this way?
在战乱之中 这是我第一次感到要去实现梦想
This is the way I felt going up to the line the first time, in the war.
曾经 我大概跟别人一样也会被吓到
I mean, I was probably just as scared as everyone else,
但内心我从未感到如此舒畅
But inside I never felt better.
我感到自己还活着 热血沸腾 我感到…
I felt alive. I felt full of blood. I felt…
一切都…一切看起来都更真实了
Everything just… everything seemed more real.
大伙穿着制♥服♥
The guys in their uniforms.
树上 田园上 还有我们身上的皑皑白雪
The snow on the fields,the trees, and all of us.
我们这些行人
All of us just walking.
当然 我曾被吓到了
I mean, I was scared, of course.
但我一直在想象 “就是它 这才是真理”
But I just kept thinking, “This is it, you know. This is the truth.”
曾经我也那么觉得
I felt that way once, too.
什么时候
When?
你第一次像我示爱的时候
The first time you made love to me.
爱宝
April.
弗兰克
Frank.
-怎么了 -巴特·波洛克来了
-What’s up? -Bart Pollock’s here.
在邦迪的办公室
He’s in Bandy’s office.
大事不妙啊
Big deal, huh?
看起来像是要找你谈话
Looks like he wants to talk to you.
喂 别提我的大名啊
Hey, keep my name out of it.
很高兴见到你 弗兰克 认识巴特·波洛克吧
Frank. Good to see you. You know Bart Pollock?
-从未见过面 但当然… -很高兴认识你 弗兰克
-Well, we’ve never met, but of course… -Good to know you, Frank.
“谈及生产调度”
“Speaking of production control”?
弗兰克 这真是惊世之作啊
Frank, this is a crackerjack.
托莱多的人满意极了
They are tickled to death in Toledo.
真的吗
Really?
波洛克这家伙是品味极差人物的绝佳代表素材
So, this guy Pollock was perfect presidential material in the worst sense.
笑得脸部肌肉都快抽筋了
A million dollar smile and about three pounds of muscle between the ears.
爱宝 你真该听听这家伙说的话
April, you should have heard this guy.
“弗兰克 这真是惊世之作啊” 马屁都快拍到马腿上了
“Frank, this is a crackerjack.” What a horse’s ass.
真想看看当你告诉他要辞职时 他的脸色啊
Wish I’d seen his face when you told him you were leaving.
他们来了
Here they come.
-抱歉来晚了 -没事
-Sorry to be late. -You’re not late.
-交通大拥堵 -谢谢 何必那么客气呢
-The traffic was terrible. -Thank you. You didn’t have to do that.
-很高兴见到你们 -很糟糕吧 霍华德
-Good to see you. -Wasn’t it terrible, Howard?
第12大道
Well, Route 12.
到他们扩路完毕为止
By the time they finish that stretch of road,
他们不得不再重新开始 对吧
They’ll have to start all over again, right?
-你一定是约翰吧 -约翰 打个招呼
-And you must be John? -Say hello, John.
很高兴见到你 久仰大名
Nice to meet you. Heard a lot about you.
-宝贝孩子们在哪儿呢 -他们去参加生日派对了
-Where are your darling children? -They’re at a birthday party.
-抱歉他们没法在场 -不要紧
-Sorry they couldn’t be here. -Don’t worry.
如果有个精神病患者来我家
If I had a certified lunatic coming around my house,
我大概也会把孩子们支走
I’d probably get the kids out of the way, too.
瞧你们还弄了吃的 真是太客气了
Look at all this food. You didn’t have to go to any trouble for us.
只是些三明治而已
It’s just some sandwiches.
约翰 要吃三明治吗
John, would you like a sandwich?
几个月来海伦一直谈到你们
Helen’s been talking it up about you people for months.
在革命路上年轻友善的惠勒夫妇
The nice young Wheelers on Revolutionary Road,
在惠勒路上年轻友善的革命者们
The nice young revolutionaries on Wheeler Road.
-你们谁要喝雪利酒吗 -弗兰克 别麻烦了
-Would anyone like some sherry? -Please don’t bother, Frank.
我要点儿
I’d like some sherry.
如果海伦不打我的话 她的那杯也给我
And I’ll drink Helen’s, too, if she doesn’t beat me to it.
但是 你有加冰威士忌吗
But, hey, you got a high-ball glass?
放两三块小方冰进去 斟满
Put a couple-three ice cubes in it, pour it up to the brim.
-我喜欢这样喝酒 -我想我能办到
-That’s the way I like it. -I think I can handle that.
爱宝 这个鸡蛋沙拉很好吃 你一定要教我怎么做
This egg salad is delicious, April. You must tell me how you fix it.
-弗兰克 你是律师? -不 不 不是
-You a lawyer, Frank? -No. No, I’m not.
我曾经可能是个律师
I could use a lawyer.
约翰 别又开始讲律师的事了
John, let’s not get started again about the lawyer.
老爸 你能不能就坐那儿
Pop, couldn’t you just sit there
吃你那美味鸡蛋沙拉 少掺和
And eat your wonderful egg salad and quit horning in?
我有很多问题要问呢
See, I’ve got a good many questions to ask
我愿意为答案付出代价
And I’m willing to pay for the answers.
现在 我无需被告知一个男人拿着茶几
Now, I don’t need to be told that a man who goes after his mother
追逐他母亲 会使自己处于法律的劣势方
With a coffee table is putting himself in a weak position legally,
那太明显了
That’s obvious.
约翰 过来看看窗外的美妙风景
John, come and have a look out this fabulous picture window.
如果他用茶几打她并杀她
If he hits her with it and kills her,
那就是一起刑事案
That’s a criminal case.
快看 太阳出来了
Oh, look, the sun’s coming out!
如果他只是打碎茶几
If all he does is break the coffee table
还有冲她发火
And give her a certain amount of aggravation
她决定诉诸法庭 那就是民事诉讼案
And she decides to go to court over it, that’s a civil case.
也许我们会看到彩虹 约翰 快来看呀
Maybe we’ll have a rainbow. John, come have a look.
妈 帮帮忙 闭上你的嘴巴

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!