-幸什么免 -喂
– Unaffected? – Hey.
-你去过学校吗你 -她破坏规矩了
– Have you been to the school? – She’s breakin’ the rules.
不不不 没人在跟你说话
No, no. Ain’t nobody talkin’ to you,
C.P. 闭上你的嘴
C.P., so shut your mouth.
阿特沃特女士 你的发言结束了
Miss Atwater, you’ve had your time.
我去见过学校的样子了
I’ve seen the school.
如果那个法警说学校还能待
And if that marshal says that school is habitable for children…
阿特沃特女士 你的发言时间到了
Miss Atwater, you have had your time.
那他肯定在放屁或者是脑抽了
…then he’s just lyin’ or he just plain stupid!
-你怎么不闭嘴 -别在这放空屁
– Why don’t you shut up? – Don’t make no sense.
肃静
Shut up!
会议室内应保持肃静
We will have quiet in the chamber!
我们现在在谈的事十分要紧
Now what we talkin’ about is important,
现在你给我好好听着 斯蒂尔先生
and you’re gonna damn well listen to us, Mr. Steele.
阿特沃特女士
Miss Atwater.
阿特沃特女士
Miss Atwater.
请您好好坐着 不然我让人撵你出去
Kindly take your seat before I have a deputy remove you.
现在
Now then…
根据议会的意见
it is the opinion of this council
现在还留有两个问题
that there remain two basic questions.
首先 东区是否还安全
One, is East End a safe and habitable place
并且可以让学生上完学
for its students to finish their school year?
其次 德罕小学的学生们是否会
And two, would the students of Durham Elementary
因为突然加入的
be unfairly burdened
大量新同学而感到压力
by the sudden and massive influx of new students?
我们对于上述两个问题的答案都是
Our answer to both of these questions…
肯定的
is yes.
鉴于东区剩余的教室数量有限
With the limited number of classrooms that remain at East End,
学生们将会分轮流分批上课
the students will be put on a split-shift system.
一批从上午七点到中午
One from 7:00 a.M. to noon,
另一批从中午到下午五点
the other from noon to 5:00.
可以了 就这样
We’re good. I got it.
阿特沃特女士
Miss Atwater?
您是哪位
Who the hell are you?
阿特沃特女士
Miss Atwater,
我们是全国有色人种协进会的
we’re from the NAACP.
WDNC新闻时间 现在是上午九点整
WDNC news time, 9:00 a.M.
继续跟进我们的案情
Recapping our top story,
随着全国有色人种协进会的司法介入
the NAACP’s legal action
在地区法庭内引起了不小的骚乱
is causing quite a stir inside the county’s district court,
有消息称今天早晨哈弗德法官
one source saying he would not want to be
所面对的骚乱实在是骇人听闻
in Judge Les Hallford’s shoes this morning.
早上好 法官大人
Good morning, Your Honor.
-就是这个吗 -刚到的
– Is that it? – Just arrived.
德罕所有公立学校即刻进行全面合并
Full and immediate integration of all Durham public schools.
原告
全国有色人种协进会
被告
德罕市政厅
叫威尔伯·霍比过来
Get Wilbur Hobby in here.
好的 先生
Yes, sir.
你以前也下发过文件
You’ve passed things down before.
你知道的 我不能那样做
Ah, you know I can’t do that.
这些白♥痴♥把孩子送回还冒着烟的学校
These idiots just sent kids back into a school that’s still smokin’.
如果我直接把文件下发
I pass it down,
就和否决他们没什么两样了
it’s the same as ruling against.
我知道 我只是想确保你也知道这一点
I know. I just wanted to make sure you knew that.
我是让你来提建议的 威尔伯
I asked you here for your counsel, Wilbur,
不是来讲道理的
not a lecture.
抱歉
Sorry.
如果你拖着 延期判决呢
What if you held off, delayed your ruling?
这不过是拖延不可避免的事情
Delaying the inevitable, that’s all that would be.
不 你只需拖延到德罕的人♥民♥
No. You delay to allow the people of Durham
做出自己的决定
to reach their own decision.
我没听懂你的意思 威尔伯
I’m not following, Wilbur.
-我认识一个人 -你认识一个人
– I know a guy. – You know a guy?
对 我认识一个人
Yes, I know a guy.
他是罗利那边萧尔大学的一个学院院长
He runs a department at Shaw University down in Raleigh.
他专门干这个 就是 组织研讨会
He does this thing. Uh, he holds charrettes.
什么会
Cha-what?
就是那种 正式的社区峰会
They’re kind of, uh, these official community summits
庭辩双方都参加的那种
with people from both sides of the problem.
就叫做研讨会
They’re called charrettes.
他取得过一些不错的结果
He’s had some pretty good results.
威尔伯 把这个人给我找来
Wilbur, get this guy of yours up here.
比尔 威尔伯·霍比的电♥话♥找你
Bill? Wilbur Hobby’s on the phone.
是威尔伯·霍比吗
Wilbur Hobby.
为什么打电♥话♥烦我
Why does this phone call worry me?
好巧啊
Well, what a coincidence.
我正想让你烦一烦
I was hoping it would worry you.
你好吗 威尔伯
How are you, Wilbur?
看来你似乎遇到麻烦了
Looks like you’re havin’ some trouble up there.
有你比尔·瑞迪克 这都不是事儿
Well, nothing a heavy dose of Bill Riddick can’t solve.
喂 人呢
Hello?
是这样 比尔 我听说约克那边情况不错
Look, Bill, I, uh… I heard York went well.
宾夕法尼亚州的约克可不像
York, Pennsylvania, isn’t
北卡罗来纳州的德罕 威尔伯
Durham, North Carolina, Wilbur.
正因为如此 我们才更需要你
Well, all the more reason we need you.
你是唯一能干这事的人了
Look, you’re the only one that does this.
还可以让你走出家门
Besides, it’ll get you outta the house.
德洛丽丝说你都要把她搞疯了
Delores even said you’re driving her crazy.
我们一直都在把对方搞疯
We’ve been drivin’ each other crazy.
好吧 威尔伯
All right, Wilbur.
-行吧 -好的
– All right. – Great.
-几小时后见 比尔 -几小时后
– I’ll see you in a few hours, Bill. – A… A few hours?

Hello?
我邀请了这位比尔·瑞迪克
Now, I’ve asked Bill Riddick here
主持为期十天的研讨会
to conduct a ten-day community charrette
使德罕的居民能够
so that the citizens of Durham can finally come to a resolution
就学校合并的问题最终达成一致
on the school integration question.
市议会将会履行这项决议
The city council will abide this resolution
执行人♥民♥的意愿
and enact the will of the people.
那个懦弱的蠢货
That gutless fool.
履行
Abide?
履行什么 这都还没定下来呢
Abide? It’s not even defined.
他是在迫使我们自己定下来
He’s making us define it.
我们该怎么对媒体说
What are we gonna say to the press?
什么都不说
Nothing.
至少在得到法律参考意见之前不说
At least not till we get a legal opinion.
与此同时
And in the meantime,
老天爷 研讨会又是个啥
what in good Christ is a charrette?
我们这里不卖♥♥汽油给黑鬼
Uh, yeah, we don’t sell gasoline to niggers here.
我不是来加油的
I’m not looking for a fill-up.
您是埃利斯先生吗
Mr. Ellis?
我是比尔·瑞迪克
My name is Bill Riddick.
什么事
Yeah?
威尔伯·霍比建议我
Uh… Wilbur Hobby suggested I…
威尔伯·霍比叫你来的吗
Wilbur Hobby sent you here?
是的 他说我应该来见你
Yeah. He said I should come see you, yeah.
他说你代表了镇上许多人的意见
He said you represent a great many people in this town.
他说的没错
He’d be right about that.
埃利斯先生 我受托组织一场研讨会
Well, Mr. Ellis, I’ve been asked to organize a charrette.
我是看报纸的
I read the newspaper.
-所以你已经了解 -等等
– Oh. So then you know… – Hold on.
你是来叫我去你的 那个什么
Are you here to ask me to come to your, uh,
学校合并的会议吗
integration meetings?
现在呢 我只想请您吃个午饭
Well, for now, just lunch.
午饭
Lunch?
明天和我还有安·阿特沃特一起
Tomorrow. With, uh… with me and with Ann Atwater.
再说一遍
Come again?
我想邀请您同我和安·阿特沃特一起吃午饭
Well, I was hoping you’d come to lunch with me and Ann Atwater.
-就是那个安·阿特沃特吗 -就是她
– Ann Atwater? – Ann Atwater.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!