但他是个三K党
But he’s a Klansman.
我们讨论的可是学校合并
And we’re talking about integration.
瑞迪克先生 我早说过
Uh, Mr. Riddick, I already done told you
我绝不跟那家伙合作
I won’t work with that man.
这倒是正合我意
That’d be just fine with me.
谁都知道那正合你意 C.P
Everybody know it would be just fine with you, C.P.
别急 安
Just hold on a minute now, Ann.
我想听听C.P怎么说 埃利斯先生
I’d like to hear from C.P. on this. Mr. Ellis.
好吧 我并不怎么乐意
Well, I’m not in the habit of interviewing
来面试一个我不想要的工作
for a job that I don’t really want.
但你诚心诚意问了 我就大发慈悲地说
But you’re asking, so I’ll tell you.
每个人就知道说黑鬼需要这需要那的
Everybody talkin’ about nigras want this, nigras need that.
这整件事都是黑鬼的需要引起的
This whole thing started ’cause of what nigras are demanding.
那白人呢 我们想要的呢
What about white folks? What about what we want?
你们已经有了想要的一切
You already got everything you want.
不 我们才没有
No, we don’t.
现在城里的黑鬼
Now the niggers in this town
想把我们剩下的都夺走
are trying to take away everything we got left.
他们不希望我们在学校里演奏迪克西
They don’t want us to play “Dixie” at our schools.
迪克西为美国南北战争时期南方邦联的非正式国歌♥
那是我们的歌♥啊
That’s our song.
我们在球赛上挥挥南方邦联旗他们就生气
They’re angry when we fly the Confederate flag at ball games.
为什么我们的孩子
And why should one of our boys
要在那个破旗子下打球呢
have to play ball under that flag?
那面旗代表着我们引以为豪的南方历史
That flag is our proud Southern history.
那可能是你引以为豪的历史 C.P.
It might be your proud Southern history, C.P.,
我们一点都不觉得自豪
but it sure as hell ain’t ours.
好吧
All right.
混合学校有黑人专属集♥会♥
Integrated schools have “blacks only” assemblies,
黑人专属马丁·路德·金名义的各种玩意
“blacks only” Martin Luther King this, that.
那可不是我的历史
That ain’t my history.
你想谈谈学校么
You wanna talk about schools?
那就谈谈学校 瑞迪克先生
Let’s talk about schools, Mr. Riddick.
我的儿子们在学校过得并不容易
My sons don’t have it easy in school.
老师们都不能好好教他们
Their teachers ain’t even teachin’ them half the time.
现在你想把他们扔给一群黑鬼
And you want to throw them together with a bunch of nigras?
只能让他们变得更坏
It’s only gonna get worse for them.
你问我为什么来 我来保护我的孩子
You ask why? I’m here to protect my boys.
所以她最好不要妨碍我
So all the better if she don’t get in my way.
我愿意和你共坐一席 埃利斯哥们
I’ll sit with you, Brother Ellis.
霍华德 你难道完全失去理智了吗
Howard, have you lost your everlasting mind,
竟和那家伙称兄道弟
callin’ that man your brother?
你要竞选联合主席吗 霍华德
You’re offering to co-chair, Howard?
没错
Uh, I am.
而那儿就有个诚实的人 安
And that’s an honest man right there, Ann.
今天唯一站出来的实在人
The only honest man that’s stood up today.
他讨厌我 他告诉了我原因
He hates me. And he told me why.
但他敞开心扉谈了他的儿子们
But then he opened up his heart about his sons.
他为什么要赞同我
Why is he agreeing with me?
-我哪里知道 -这说明他是我哥们
– I don’t know. – That means he’s my brother.
那个黑鬼刚刚是叫我哥们吗
Did that nigger just call me brother?
你们都听见了吗
Y’all hear that?
我告诉你你是个什么东西 霍华德
I’ll tell you what you are, Howard.
你是那种 黑老大一样的人是吧
You one of them “big niggers,” ain’t you?
你去北方拿了个大学文凭
You done went up north and got your college degree,
开一辆好车 穿一身靓衣
your fancy cars, and your fancy suits.
同时我们却还面朝黄土背朝天
Meanwhile, we down here on the ground gettin’ dirty.
等等 安
Now wait a minute, Ann.
黑人团结委员会
The Black Solidarity Committee
一直与这个社区紧密合作
has been working within this community…
闭嘴吧 霍华德
Oh, shut up, Howard!
这场斗争你已经来迟了
You’re late to the fight!
你根本不知道真正的黑人兄弟经历了什么
And you have no idea what real black folk go through.
你不配有个席位
You don’t deserve a seat.
他不配那个位置 他不配
He don’t deserve that chair, he don’t.
居然和那家伙称兄道弟
Callin’ that man his brother.
所以你接受任命了吗 阿特沃特女士
So are you saying you’ll accept now, Miss Atwater?
德罕研讨会
为了更美好的社区
两周后举♥行♥
一起来帮忙吧
我会继续为咱们白人劳动者斗争
I’m going to continue to fight for us white working men
即使这意味着我要和
even if I have to sit in a room with
那讨厌的安·阿特沃特♥共♥处一室
that awful Ann Atwater to do it.
C.P.埃利斯才吓不倒我
C.P. Ellis don’t scare me.
我们要彻底打倒校园种族隔离
We gonna beat school segregation once and for all.
好吧 她沉浸在自己的幻想里
Well, she’s livin’ in her own fantasy world.
本地人♥民♥喜欢维持现状
Folks in this town like things the way they are.
投票给
你们的朋友
卡维
市议会代表
哈里斯高中被选
为研讨会举♥行♥地
研讨会今日举♥行♥
早上好 埃利斯先生
Good morning, Mr. Ellis.
联合主席办公室就在拐角处
Co-chair office is just around the corner.
谢谢
Thank you.
我只想说我们的孩子学习进度落后太多
All I’m saying is our children are way behind.
几乎落后了一整年
Almost a full year.
但就算是白人老师
Well, just havin’ white teachers
也不能帮他们赶上进度啊
isn’t gonna help them catch up.
什么白人老师
White teachers?
他们早就有了白人老师
They already got some white teachers.
不是老师的问题 是课本
It ain’t that. It’s about the books.
新书也不能补上一整年的知识啊
Newer books don’t account for a whole year.
也不关新书的事
Newer ain’t got nothing to do with it.
宝贝 你叫什么名字
Baby, what’s your name?
穿红衣服那个 你叫什么名字
In the red shirt. What’s your name?
-迈尔斯 -迈尔斯
– Miles. – Miles.
你刚上完几年级 迈尔斯
What year did you just finish, Miles?
高二
My junior year.
你的课本是哪一年级的
And what year were your books for?
课本是高一的 女士
The textbooks were for the tenth-graders, ma’am.
这怎么办呢
Well, how’s that gonna work?
什么怎么办 C.P.
How’s what gonna work, C.P.?
你要把落后一年的黑人小孩
You gonna put a bunch of black kids who are a year behind…
和不落后的白人小孩放一起
with white kids who aren’t.
这课怎么教呢
How you gonna teach that class?
你教不了 不可能
You can’t. It just ain’t possible.
那你们去把对应的课本弄来吧
So you go ahead and get the right books,
但你教不了这种混合班 不行 没门
but you can’t teach that class, no way. No way.
更新课本
好的 明天
Okay. So tomorrow,
我们会分小组讨论
we’ll break into our smaller groups
敲定不同的解决问题的着手点
and begin hammering out the different resolution points.
但我们每晚会回到这里做总结
But we meet back here each night for wrap-up.
你们已经注意到台上还有两张桌子
Also, you’ve noticed these, uh, two tables up here on the stage.
就在埃利斯先生和阿特沃特女士旁边
Along with Mr. Ellis and Miss Atwater,
会从你们中再选十人
ten more of you will be chosen
坐上来组成我们的议会
to fill these seats as part of our senate.
议会在研讨会的最后一晚
That senate will vote on the resolutions
会就解决方案进行投票决议
on the final night of the charrette.
好的 没什么问题的话
Okay. Unless there’s anything else,
我们都回去休息吧
I think we could all use some sleep.
请说 神父
Yes, Reverend?
瑞迪克先生
Mr. Riddick,
真是紧张的一天
it’s been quite a tense day.
也许我们能用点积极的音乐
It may be wise if we have some positive note
结束每个议程
to end each session.
用来振奋人心
Something to lift our spirits.
我觉得这是个好主意 神父
I think that’s a good idea, Reverend.
你有什么想法吗
What did you have in mind?
我注意到这儿有架钢琴
Well, I notice we have a piano over here.
不如我们每晚结束前都唱福音歌♥吧
What if we all sing gospel music at the end of each night?
-赞同 -黑鬼音乐
– Okay. – Nigger music.
你说啥呢

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!