What you so afraid of, C.P.?
-我什么都没怕 -你就是在害怕
– I ain’t afraid of nothing. – Yeah, you is. You’re afraid.
你怕你会失去对大局的掌控
You afraid you gonna lose control.
你怕你将会失去
You afraid you gonna lose
甚至还没有得到的东西 C.P.
what you ain’t even got, C.P.!
你一贫如洗 和我们没什么两样
You’re poor. Just like the rest of us.
你手上就只有一堆问题
You ain’t got nothing ‘cept problems.
还在说你 自己掌控着大局
Talkin’ ’bout you… you in control.
你还不如那月中人有掌控权
You ain’t no more in control than the man in the moon.
基♥督♥徒的传说中月中人在安息日收集棍棒因而被上帝判处死刑
你是个比我想象中更懦弱的懦夫
You’re a bigger coward than I thought you was.
五点钟新闻时间
The five o’clock news hour.
距离万众瞩目的研讨投票
With the highly anticipated charrette vote just
距现在只差几个小时了
a few hours away now,
我们连线了来自WDNC的肯·梅多斯
we caught up with WDNC’s Ken Meadows,
他今天早些和一些学生一起
who was with some students
聚集在研讨地外
gathered outside the charrette site earlier today.
你认为事情会进展顺利吗
Do you think it’s gonna be okay?
或许会没事吧
Well, it might be all right.
我也这样想
I think the same thing too.
-我不这么想 -为什么呢
– I don’t. – Why not?
是因为 你看 第一天我去了那里
I don’t. Because, see, our first day that I went out there
在那我们必须争吵 你知道的
where we had to scramble, you know.
但是那还好
But it was okay.
不论你去的是什么学校
It doesn’t matter what school you go to,
最后都是一样的
it’s gonna be the same.
你同样能得到教育
You get your education just the same.
我正在努力报名 那将是我的学校
I’m fixin’ to enroll now, and it’ll be my school.
你担心您的女儿吗 或者她担忧吗
Are you concerned for your daughter, or is she concerned?
我很担心她
Well, I’m concerned for her,
我想她也在担忧她的教育
and I think she’s concerned for her education.
拉韦尔纳 我刚刚和你妈妈谈过
Laverne, I just talked to your mother.
她说你有点担忧 是这样吗
She said you’re a little concerned. Are you?
-我太担忧了 -为什么呢
– I’m very much concerned. – -Why?
因为我想 我想在今年确定下来
Oh, because I wanna… I wanna be very sure about this year,
我还想了解他们到底在做什么 而且
and I want to really know what they’re doing, and…
我想如果大家一起合作起来事情总会解决
I think that it will work out if everybody cooperates together.
因为 这可能不是首次
Because, I mean, this is not the, probably, first time…
-你做了件伟大的事安 -不
– You did great work, Ann. – No.
我们没能为这些人争取到他们所寻求的
The one thing those people came here for, we didn’t get it for ’em.
并非如此 其中一些人会受到鼓舞
Not true. Some of them will be delighted.
我并不认为你是那种跪舔的主儿
You know, I never really thought you was an Uncle Tom.
你就是那么认为的
Yes, you did.
狂暴安妮是吧
“Roughhouse Annie,” huh?
你别忘了
Don’t you forget it.
欢迎 欢迎
Welcome, welcome.
好吧 伙计们 这些天可真不容易啊
Well, what a journey it’s been, folks.
你们在过去两周里是那么的投入
You’ve all shown such dedication these past two weeks.
无论结果如何 你们都应该感到骄傲
And regardless of the outcome, you should be proud.
你们在此议会提出的决议是明确的
The resolution you’ve put before this senate is clear,
它是深思熟虑的 最重要的是
it is thoughtful, and above all,
它是勇敢的
it is brave.
这个决议分为三部分
This resolution is in three parts.
当我读完每一部分后
After I read out each one,
我将有请议会成员投票
I will call the senate members up to cast their votes.
每一部分都需要三分之二多数通过
Each part requires a two-thirds majority to pass.
也就是八票
That’s eight votes.
第一部分
Part one.
每年任命两个学生
Two students,
一个黑人 一个白人
one black, one white,
参与德罕学校董事会
to be appointed every year to the Durham school board.
我赞成
I vote yes.
沃特福德先生
Mr. Watford.
我投反对票
I’m a no.
我投赞成票
I vote yes.
第一部分八票赞成通过
Part one passes with eight votes.
第二部分
Part two.
为了让黑人学生能赶上
This calls that summer classes be included
同级白人学生的课程进度
in the school board budget
要求暑期课程纳入学校预算
so the black students become level with their white peers.
威克斯先生
Mr. Weeks.
我反对
I vote no.
科克斯先生
Mr. Cox.
我投赞成票
I vote yes.
我赞成
I vote yes.
第二部分八票赞成通过
Part two passes with eight votes.
第三部分
Part three.
公立学校合并
Public school integration.
概括来说
In summary,
从这个学年的秋季学期开始
this calls for full and immediate integration
决议要求即时达到完全的合并
starting in the fall semester of this school year.
通过规定生源种族比例的方式
The resolution defines full integration
达到完全的合并
by setting a race ratio
将每个学校每个不同种族的学生比例
of no less than 25 percent of any race
都控制在百分之25以上
at each school.
此外 学生的跨区校车接送
And further, that busing be made available to students
也将推进这项比例的提升
to aid in the implementation of this ratio.
我们将由从这边的威尔逊女士
We’ll start the vote on this side
开始投票
with Miss Wilson.
我赞成
I vote yes.
沃特福德先生呢
Mr. Watford?
我反对
I vote no.
摩斯先生
Mr. Mose.
我投票赞成
I vote yes.
威克斯先生
Mr. Weeks.
我 强烈反对
I vote “hell no.”
科克斯先生
Mr. Cox?
我强烈赞成
I vote “hell yes.”
特朗布利先生
Mr. Trombley.
谢谢你 瑞迪克先生
Thank you, Mr. Riddick.
我认同学校合并 我投票赞成
I believe in school integration, and I vote yes.
他的投票无关紧要
It’s not gonna matter.
神父
Reverend.
在上帝的指引之下
With the good Lord as my guide,
我自豪的投出赞成票
I proudly vote yes.
梅斯女士
Miss Mays.
虽然我觉得应该以后考虑合并学校
Although I think it should be considered in the future, I…
但我认为现在不是时候
I don’t believe right now is the time for integration.
我恭敬地投出反对票
Respectfully, I vote no.

Hey.
克莱门特先生
Mr. Clement.
在过去几周的时间里
I am honored to have had the chance to
我很荣幸有机会认识大家
get to know most of you these past few weeks,
和大家一起为这些重要的议题做出努力
to work on these vital issues.
即使我担心我的投票是徒劳无功的
And while I fear that my vote will be in vain,
我仍然要投出我的一票
I’m still gonna vote.
我赞成合并学校
And I vote yes on school integration.
基思先生
Mr. Keith.
我反对
No.
阿特沃特女士
Miss Atwater.
我赞成
Yes.
看起来我们终于让她闭上嘴了
Looks like we finally shut her up.
埃利斯先生
Mr. Ellis.
好的
All right.
该我了
All right.
谢谢
Thank you.

I-i-i…
我估计先得重复下
I guess I’d first echo what
克莱门特说过的话
Mr. Clement said.
很开心认识你们
It was good to get to know some of you, and I…
我知道有一些人会对我们的结果感到失望
I know many of you will be disappointed with our outcome here.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!