威尔伯·霍比认为我会怎么说
What did Wilbur Hobby think I’d say to that?
他认为你会拒绝
Well, he thought you would say no.
这一点他也说对了
He’d be right about that, too.
情况是这样 埃利斯先生
Well, see here, Mr. Ellis…
-你不是镇上的人 那个 -瑞迪克
– You’re not from around here, Mr…. – Riddick.
所以我就帮你省点力气吧
…so I’ll help you out.
这个镇上的人 尤其是我
Folks in this town, and especially me,
都希望黑鬼待在他们自己的学校里
want niggers to stay in their own schools.
这当然是选择之一 埃利斯先生
That’s definitely one of the options, Mr. Ellis.
现在呢 让我先把名片给你
But right now, I’m gonna leave you my card.
背面有我的本地电♥话♥号♥码
The local number is on the back.
-如果你改变了主意 -伙计快走吧
– You change your mind… – Boy, you better get on outta here.
听我一句 滚吧
Go on, git. Like I told you.
埃利斯先生 希望您能重新考虑一下
Mr. Ellis, I hope you reconsider.
研讨会一定会召开
This charrette is happening.
如果你真的代表你那边的人
So, uh, if you truly represent your people…
就作为代表出席会议吧
represent them.
祝你日安
Have a good day.
我们知道这让你不太自在 C.P.
We know this makes you uncomfortable, C.P.
但这他妈已经是最好的情况了
But goddamn it, it’s the best thing that could have happened.
用不自在可没法形容我的心情 卡维
“Uncomfortable” isn’t exactly the word I’d use for it, Carvie.
C.P. 你觉得如果
C.P., what do you think would happen
是个白种人自♥由♥派在你的位置上会怎么做
if a lily-white liberal was in there instead of you?
不会有什么好事的
Nothing good.
自♥由♥派的人和安·阿特沃特商议通过
A liberal and Ann Atwater would pass integration
学校合并的速度就如同快刀斩乱麻
faster than a hot knife through butter.
-这就是说不通的地方了 -什么
– That’s what don’t make no sense. – What don’t?
那个叫瑞迪克的黑鬼是想合并学校的对吧
This Riddick nigger wants school integration, right?
为什么来找我 给他自己找麻烦呢
So why me? Why put that on himself?
他找谁也不应该找我呀
I shoulda been the last person on his list.
C.P. 这个法官
C.P., this judge…
也许我们无能为力
Our hands may be tied.
但只要里面有我们的人就没关系
But it won’t matter if we have a friend on the inside.
而且这个人最好就是你C.P.埃利斯
And especially if that friend is C.P. Ellis.
查理 我
Oh, Charlie, I…
他会把学校合并的决定权交到你的手上
He’s about to hand you the keys to school integration,
然后你就让他们吃个闭门羹
and you’re going to lock the door.
-你好吗 你♥爸♥好吗 -挺好的
– Hey! How you doin’? How your dad doin’? – Good.
他迟到多久了
How late is he?
二十分钟
Twenty minutes.
要让C.P.来和两个黑鬼吃饭
C.P. comin’ to have lunch with two niggers.
他宁愿拿枪崩了我们两个也不会来的
He’d just as soon shoot us than do that.
你们北方人根本不懂
Y’all northern folks just don’t get it.
我是北卡罗来纳州人 安
I’m from North Carolina, Ann.
是吗 具体在哪
Oh, yeah? Where about?
-赫德福德县 -那还是在这儿的北方
– Hertford County. – That still north of here.
他来了
He’s here.
他过来了
Here he go.
你可瞧瞧那个疯癫癫的白人吧
Would you look at that crazy white man?
在那儿原地走来走去
Just pacing back and forth.
我不等那个白人佬了 我饿了
I ain’t waitin’ for that cracker. I’m hungry.
埃利斯先生 快请坐
Mr. Ellis? Please, come sit down.
好吧 这样也行
Well, uh, okay.
欢迎两位的到来
Um, thank you both for coming.
希望这是第一步
Hopefully, this is a first step…
我坐在这的时间越短越好
Hey, I’m not gonna sit here one minute longer than I have to, so…
那你就快滚吧
Well, go on and git, then.
这样我和比尔才能进行文明的对话
That way, me and Bill can have a civilized conversation.
埃利斯先生
Mr. Ellis, um,
我周六将在这里举办一场指导委员会会议
I’m holding a steering committee meeting here on Saturday.
我邀请了
And I’ve invited people
社区里各类公民的代表
who represent all types of citizens in this community.
什么各类 这镇上只有两类
All types? Only two types in this town.
白人 黑人 自♥由♥派 保守派
Well, whites, black, liberals, conservatives.
为协助研讨会成功举♥行♥
For a charrette to be successful,
我们需要许许多多不同的人齐聚一堂
we need to bring together a large number of diverse people.
他带来的人
The only folk he gonna bring,
就只会穿着床单和头套
they gonna be wearing sheets and hoods.
指3K党的典型服饰即长披风与白尖帽
对不对啊 C.P.
Ain’t that right, C.P.?
等等
Hold on.
如果你已经决定了与会人员
If you already have a meeting set,
为什么又把我找来这儿
what the hell am I doing sitting here?
我找你来 找你们两位
Well, you’re here, both of you…
是因为我需要两位联合主席领导会议
because I need two co-chairs to lead the charrette.
我要考虑一下
I’m gonna think about it, you know,
我可不希望你们这派人来主持这个
’cause I wouldn’t want your type takin’ over this, uh…
叫什么来着
what’d you call it?
佯讨会吗
Charade?
我也不知道你打的什么主意
I don’t know what you’re up to either.
我不喜欢这样 不过你找我帮忙没问题
I don’t like it. You could use me for my help. That’s fine.
但我不会和那个白人佬合作的
But I am not gonna work with that cracker.
你还是找别人吧
So you need to look somewhere else.
这玉米面包挺好吃的
This corn bread is good.
我很愿意
I would love it.
让我帮你收拾桌子吧
Let me help you clear this.
-真的很美味 -太客气了 谢谢你
– It was delicious. – Very nice of you. Thank you.
你超水平发挥了 基思太太
You outdid yourself, Mrs. Keith.
谢谢你
Oh, well, thank you.
和那些人共事十天会很漫长的 加兰德
Ten days is a long time with them people, Garland.
如果我们对学校合并的决议不发声的话
It’s also a long time for them to be making decisions on integration
他们的日子也会很漫长的
without us having a voice.
就算你这么说也不会让我的人轻易买♥♥账
That’s not gonna make it any easier to sell to my people.
你可是他们的主席 C.P.
Well, you’re their president, C.P.
你就得想办法让他们买♥♥账
You just make ’em understand.
你那3K党教义不说的挺好的吗
Hell, it says so right there in your Klan Creed:
对敌人无知是对他们的帮助和鼓励
“Failure to know your enemy gives them aid and comfort”,
那些什么的
and all that.
说实话吧 C.P.
I mean, the truth is, C.P.,
我们对敌人完全不了解
we… we don’t know the enemy at all.
是吧
Do we?
你扣扳机太用力了
You’re yankin’ on the trigger too hard.
关键是 你要感觉是在按下扳机
Trick is to think of it as pressin’ the trigger,
而不是拉开扳机
not pullin’ on it.
立正
Ten-hut!
来认识一下
Y’all heed this man, now.
这位凯利先生是一位专家
Mr. Kelly here’s an expert.
他连专门表示射击前呼吸的那个词都知道
He even knows that word for when you breathe out ‘fore you shoot.
叫什么来着
What’s that called again?
呼吸暂停
Respiratory pause.
看 我没骗你们吧
See? What’d I tell ya?
再开一枪 换下一位
All right, one more, then next up. All right.
看来你不太喜欢我们昨晚说的话
You didn’t care too much for that conversation last night.
我们私下聊的时候 想说什么就说
Well, when it’s me and you, it’s fine.
我不是在人多口杂时乱说话的那种人
I ain’t much for talking in mixed company.
我们确实需要人出席 弗洛伊德
Well, we do need people there, Floyd.
卡维亲自来找了我 所以
And Carvie asked me personally, so…
我知道 C.P. 我会支持你的
Yeah, I know it, C.P. And I’ll back you up on it.
-但是 要小心 -小心什么
– But, uh… be careful. – Careful of what?
近朱者赤
If you wrestle with a pig…
近墨者黑
…you gonna get muddy.
成功达到这些标准与否 完全取决于
Meeting these benchmarks successfully will depend entirely
指导委员会的决心和热情
on the dedication and enthusiasm of this steering committee.
我们准备时间不多
And, uh, we haven’t got much time to get organized,
首要目标是 使群众发声
so priority one will be to get the word out
招募尽可能多的公民参与
and to recruit as many citizens as possible to come and participate.
公民
好的 在我们继续之前
All right, before we go any further,
我们要选举两个联合主席
we need to elect our two co-chairs.
我提名安·阿特沃特
I nominate Ann Atwater…
和C.P.埃利斯
and C.P. Ellis.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!