重新输入到恩尼格玛密♥码♥机就能
back into the Enigma and you’ll…
没那么简单 是吧
Look, it’s not that simple, is it?
仅仅有一台恩尼格玛密♥码♥机
Just having an Enigma machine
解码信息
doesn’t help you to decode the messages.
说的很对 图灵先生
Very good, Mr. Turing.
想要解码信息 必须了解机器的设置
To decode a message, you need to know the machine’s settings.
现在 德军每晚都
Now, the Germans switch settings
准时更改设置
every day promptly at midnight.
一般我们都在早上六点
We usually intercept
截获第一条信息
our first message around 6:00 a.M.,
这就意味着在设置更改之前
which gives you exactly
你恰好有18个小时
18 hours every day to crack the code
来破解编码 否则再从头开始
before it changes, and you start again.
五个转轴
Five rotors.
十条插线
Ten plugboard cables.
-一共 -一千万 -十亿
-That’s… -One million… -A thousand million…
不 不 这是 我知道了
No, no, it’s, uh, I’ve got it.
-这是万亿 -显然是万亿
-It’s million, million. -It’s in the millions, obviously.
一共超过一千五百万万亿种可能的设置
It’s over 150 million million million possible settings.
很好
Very good.
是159
159.
确切的说 是159
If you want to be exact about it. 1-5-9
后面再加18个零
with 18 zeroes behind it.
种可能
Possibilities.
日复一日
Every single day.
先生们 这是休·亚历山大
Gentlemen, meet Hugh Alexander.
我亲自选他
I personally selected him
-来负责这个计划 -你不是
-to run this unit. -Didn’t you…
亚历山大先生赢得全国象棋比赛
Mr. Alexander won Britain’s national chess championship.
两次
Twice.
你不是这里面
You’re not the only one
唯一擅长游戏的人 图灵
who’s good at games around here, Turing.
我们是要一起工作么
Are-are we to work together, then?
我更喜欢有自己的办公室
I prefer to have my own office.
你们是一个团队 你们是一个整体
You’re a team, and you will work as one.
我…我…我工作的时候没时间解释
I-I-I don’t have time to explain myself as I go along,
而且我担心这些人
and I’m afraid these men
-会拖了我的后腿 -如果你们不能
-would only slow me down. -If you can’t
一起干 恐怕你没得干了就
play together, then I’m afraid we can’t let you play at all.
这是军情六处的斯图尔特·孟席斯
This is Stewart Menzies, MI6.
军情局只有五个处
There are only five divisions of military intelligence.
没什么军情六处
There is no MI6.
正是
Exactly.
这就是精髓
That’s the spirit.
图灵先生 你知道多少英国♥军♥人
Mr. Turing, do you know how many British servicemen
因恩尼格玛而死么
have died because of Enigma?
呃 不 不知道
Uh, no, I don’t.
有三个
Three…
就在我们说话的
while we’ve been having
这会儿功夫
this conversation.
哦 看 又有一个
Oh, look, there’s another.
希望他没有成家
I rather hope he didn’t have a family.
丹尼斯顿打的这场仗
This war Commander Denniston’s been going on about,
我们赢不了的
we’re not winning it.
破解了编码
Break the code,
至少我们还有机会
at least we have a chance.
那我们把孩子们留在这
Shall we leave the children alone
玩玩他们的新玩具吧
with their new toy?

Hm.
好吧 先生们
All right, gentlemen…
-开工吧
-let’s play.
这个游戏很简单
The game was quite a simple one.
每一封德国电报 每一次突然袭击
Every single German message, every surprise attack,
每一次炸♥弹♥轰炸
every bombing run,
每一次U艇攻击
every imminent U-boat assault…
都在空中无线传输着
They were all floating through the air.
那些无线信♥号♥♥
Radio signals that…
任何有一台调幅装备的小学生
well, any schoolboy with an AM kit
都能截获
could intercept.
困难之处在于 他们都是加密过的
The trick was that they were encrypted.
并且有一千五百万万亿种
There were 159 million million million possible
可能的恩尼格玛设定
Enigma settings.
我们的任务就是尝试每种可能性
All we had to do was try each one.
但是如果十个人检验一种设定
But if we had ten men checking one setting a minute
每天二十四小时 每周七天不停
for 24 hours every day and seven days every week,
试完每种组合
how many days do you think it would take to, uh,
需要
to check
多少天呢
each of the settings?
不是多少天 而是多少年
Well, it’s not days, it’s years.
早上好
Good morning.
需要两千万年
It’s 20 million years.
-要想阻止一场袭击 -谢谢
-To stop a coming attack, -Thank you.
我们必须在20分钟内
we would have to check 20 million years’ worth
试完两千万年
of settings
才能试完的设定
in 20 minutes.
我快饿死了
I’m famished.
吃午饭去么
Lunch?
天呢 看看那些
Good Lord. What is it
带着小帽子的女人们
about women with little hats?
伙计们 我们要去吃午饭了
The boys, we’re going to get some lunch.
艾伦
Alan?
怎么
Yes?
我说我们要去吃午饭了
I said we’re going to get some lunch.
艾伦
Alan?
什么
Yes?
-你能听见我说话么 -能啊
-Can you hear me? -Yes.
我说我们要去吃点午…
I said we’re off to get some lu…
我都说了好几遍了
This is starting to get a little bit repetitive.
-说什么 -我刚刚问你
-What is? -I had asked
想不想和我们一起去吃午饭
if you wanted to come to lunch with us.
呃 不是啊 你没说
Um, no, you didn’t.
你说的是 你们要去吃午饭了
You said you were going to get some lunch.
我哪里惹着你了么
Have I offended you in some way?
为什么这么想
Why would you think that?
那你想和我们一起去吃午饭么
Would you like to come to lunch with us?
-午饭时间什么时候 -天呐 艾伦
-What time’s lunchtime? -Christ, Alan,
就吃个三明治啊
it’s a bleeding sandwich.
-什么 -午餐啊
-What is? -Lunch.
哦 我不喜欢吃三明治
Oh, I don’t like sandwiches.
随你咯
Never mind.
要知道
You know,
想要开启那种易怒天才模式
to pull off this irascible genius routine,
你要首先是个天才 艾伦
one actually has to be a genius, Alan.
而我们才是一群
And yet we’re the ones
取得进展的人 不是么
making progress here, aren’t we?
哦 是么
Oh, you are?
的确有进展啊
Yes, we are.
我们已经破译了一些德国电报
We have decrypted a number of German messages
通过字母数目分布的分♥析♥
by analyzing the frequency of letter distribution.
哦 就是破表一天还能对两次呢
Oh, even a broken clock is right twice a day.
这不叫进展 这叫运气
That-That’s not progress, that’s just blind luck.
我正在设计一个机器
I’m designing a machine
能够随时破解
that will allow us to break every message
每条信息
every day instantly.
谁饿了啊
Who’s hungry?
我们走吧
Let’s go.
我饿了
I’m hungry.
什么
What?
彼得问谁饿了
Peter asked who was hungry.
能帮我带点汤么
Can I have some soup, please?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!