一个和平的出路
a peaceful way out…
请出示文件
Papers, please.
你有何贵干
What are you doing here?
哦 那位女士叫我等着
Oh, uh, the lady told me to wait.
在我的办公室么
In my office?
她有没有告诉你等着的时候
She tell you to help yourself to tea
自己喝茶么
while you were here?
哦 没有唉
Uh, no, she didn’t.
我想 她显然也没告诉你
She obviously didn’t tell you
什么是开玩笑
what a joke was, then, either, I gather.
应该告诉我么
Was she supposed to?
你是谁
Who are you?
艾伦·图灵
Alan Turing.
啊 图灵
Ah, Turing.
那个数学家
The mathematician.
对哒
Correct.
-我怎么没猜到呢 -你不是猜的
-However could I have guessed? -Well, you didn’t.
你刚在那论文上读的
You just read it on that piece of paper.
剑桥大学 国王学院
King’s College, Cambridge.
这上面写着 你在数学系
Now, it says here you were a bit of a prodigy
算是个天才
in the maths department.
我不确定能不能称得上是天才 先生
I-I’m not sure I can evaluate that, Mr….
-你多大了 图灵先生 -呃 二十七岁
-How old are you, Mr. Turing? -Uh, 27.
你在剑桥上学的时候多大
And how old were you when you became a Fellow at Cambridge?
-二十四岁 -那你发表
-24. -And how old were you
这篇我连题目也看不懂的论文时
when you published this paper that has a title
是多大
I can barely understand?
-呃 二十三岁 -你不觉得
-Uh, 23. -And you don’t think
这足以证明你是一个天才
that qualifies you as a certified prodigy?
牛顿在二十二岁就发现了二项式定理
Well, Newton discovered binomial theorem aged 22.
爱因斯坦在二十六岁前
Einstein wrote four papers that changed the world
就撰写了四篇改变世界的论文
by the age of 26.
据我所知
As far as I can tell,

I’ve…
还远远不能匹及
I’ve barely made par.
天呐 你是认真的
My God, you’re serious.
你希望我开玩笑么
Would you prefer I made a joke?
哦 我觉得你不知道什么是玩笑
Oh, I don’t think you know what those are.
如果这是工作的一个要求
Hardly seems fair that that’s a requirement
那就太不公平了吧 你是
for employment here, Mr….
丹尼斯顿指挥官 皇家海军
Commander Denniston, Royal Navy.
好吧 图灵先生 我服了你了
All right, Mr. Turing, I’ll bite.
你为什么想为政♥府♥工作
Why do you wish to work for His Majesty’s government?
哦 其实 我真的不想
Oh, I don’t, really.
你是所谓的和平主义者么
Are you a bleeding pacifist?
我 是暴♥力♥不可知论者
I’m… agnostic about violence.
好吧 你又没有意识到
Well, you do realize
在伦敦外600英里的地方
that 600 miles away from London
有个叫希♥特♥勒♥的可恶混♥蛋♥
there’s this nasty little chap called Hitler
想把整个欧洲吞没于他的暴♥政♥之下
who wants to engulf Europe in tyranny?
我对政♥治♥可不感冒
Politics isn’t really my area of expertise.
是么
Really?
好吧 我觉得你刚刚创下了
Well, I believe you’ve just set the record
英国♥军♥事历史上
for the shortest job interview
最短的面试记录
in British military history.
哦 呃
Oh, uh…
我妈常说 作为全世界最棒的数学家之一
Mother says I can be off-putting sometimes on account
有时候是会任性一下的
of being one of the best mathematicians in the world.
全世界
In the world?
噢 是的
Oh, yes.
你知道为这个计划我拒绝了多少人么
Do you know how many people I’ve rejected for this program?
-不知道 -这就对了
-No. -Well, that’s right,
因为这是绝密项目
because we’re a top-secret program.
看在我们是朋友的份上
But I’ll tell you, just because we’re friends,
就在上周
that only last week,
我拒绝了我国最顶尖的语言家
I rejected one of our great nation’s top linguists.
德语讲的比布莱希特(德国诗人)还好
Knows German better than Bertolt Brecht.
我不会说德语
I don’t speak German.
什么
What?
我不会
I don’t…
说德语
speak German.
那么 你怎么能解密
Well, how the hell were you supposed to decrypt
德国通讯 如果 呵呵
German communications if you don’t…
你不会说德语
I don’t know, speak German?
我很擅长填字游戏
Well, I’m really quite excellent at crossword puzzles.
-玛格丽特 -德国通讯的确就是字谜
-Margaret! -The German codes are a puzzle.
一种游戏 和其他游戏一样
A game, just like any other game.
-玛格丽特 你在哪儿 -我真的很擅长游戏
-Margaret, where are you? -I’m really very good at games.
呃 字谜
Uh, puzzles.
而这时世界上最难的字谜
And this is the most difficult puzzle in the world.
玛格丽特
Margaret!
我的天呐
For the love of God.
显然 这就是个笑话
This is a joke, obviously.
恐怕我不知道什么是笑话
I’m afraid I don’t know what those are,
丹尼斯顿指挥官
Commander Denniston.
教授 祝你回剑桥旅途愉快
Have a pleasant trip back to Cambridge, Professor.
恩尼格玛
Enigma.
我叫我了
You called for me?
这就是你们这儿的工作
That’s what you’re doing here.
在布莱奇利的绝密计划
The top-secret program at Bletchley.
你们试图破解德国恩尼格玛密♥码♥机
You’re trying to break the German Enigma machine.
你是怎么想到的
What makes you think that?
这是史上最伟大的加密装置
It’s the greatest encryption device in history,
而德国主要的通讯都靠它进行
and the Germans use it for all major communications.
如果同盟军破解了恩尼格玛
If the Allies broke Enigma,
那么
well,…
这场战争就会变得很短了
this would turn into a very short war, indeed.
你们当然就在研究这个
Of course that’s what you’re working on.
但是你们还没有任何头绪
But you also haven’t got anywhere with it.
如果已经有头绪 就不会从大学
If you had, you wouldn’t be hiring cryptographers
雇用密♥码♥译解者了
out of university.
你需要我大于我需要你
Y-You need me a lot more than I need you.
我喜欢解决问题
I-I like solving problems,
指挥官
Commander.
而恩尼格玛是世界上最难的问题
And Enigma is the most difficult problem in the world.
不 恩尼格玛不是难 是根本不可能解决
No, Enigma isn’t difficult, it’s impossible.
美军 俄军 法军
The Americans, the Russians, the French,
德军 所有人都觉得恩尼格玛
the Germans, everyone thinks Enigma
牢不可破
is unbreakable.
好的
Good.
让我试一下 我们就知道他们说的对不对了
Let me try, and we’ll know for sure,
不是吗
won’t we?
恩尼格玛欢迎你
Welcome to Enigma.
每个突然袭击
The details of every surprise attack,
每次秘密护航
every secret convoy
大西洋上的每架潜水艇的细节
and every U-boat in the bloody Atlantic
都输入这架机器
go into that thing.
然后输出一堆乱码
And out comes gibberish.
好精致
It’s beautiful.
这就是死亡的狡猾之手
It’s the crooked hand of death itself.
我们的皇家女子海军每天截获上千条无线讯息
Our Wrens intercept thousands of radio messages a day,
但对于皇家女子海军可爱的女士们来说
and to the lovely young ladies
是一堆天书
of the Women’s Royal Navy, they’re nonsense.
只有你们把他们返回恩尼格玛密♥码♥机中
It’s only when you feed them back into Enigma
他们才有意义
that they make any sense.
但是我们有一架恩尼格玛密♥码♥机
But we have an Enigma machine.
是的 波兰情报局
Yes, Polish Intelligence
从柏林私运过来的
smuggled it out of Berlin.
那有什么问题
So what’s the problem?
只要把截获的信息
Just put the intercepted messages

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!