为某个内阁议员动手术呢
and operated on one of our cabinet ministers.
-是的 -告诉我 你发现什么了
– Oh, yes. – Tell me. Did you find anything?
只是轻微受伤
A slight cerebral contusion.
哦 那总比什么都没查出好
Oh, well, that’s better than nothing.
在下一个站我有个类似的
But I am picking up a similar case at the next station,
病例但比这个更复杂
but so much more complicated.
我今晚将在国立医院动手术
I shall operate at the national hospital tonight.
头盖骨受压粉碎的修补手术
Among other things, a cranial fracture with compression.
-懂吗 -懂 就像敲豆子一样
– Do you understand? – Oh, yes. A wallop on the bean.
我想你大概没见到我朋友
I suppose you haven’t seen my friend.
遗憾的很 没有
Unfortunately, no.
我想跟女伯爵说几句话
I’ll just take a word with the baroness.

Uh…

No.
-他们说什么 -他们说从未看过她
– What do they say? – Well, they both say they’ve never seen her.
不可能 她就坐在你位子上
But that’s not true. She was sitting where you are.
-你能否描述她的模样 -这 这有点难
– Can you describe her? – Well, it’s a bit difficult.
要知道 她只是个普通中年女人
You see, she was sort of middle-aged and ordinary.
那么 她穿着呢
Well, what was she wearing?
斜纹软呢 燕麦色的长袖衣服
Tweeds, oatmeal flecked with brown…
有口袋的中长大衣
a three-quarter coat with patch pockets…
丝巾 毡帽 棕色鞋
a scarf, a felt hat, brown shoes…
蚕丝衬衬 还有胸前口袋内有手帕
a tussah shirt and – and a small blue handkerchief in her breast pocket.
此外我再想不出来了
I can’t remember any more.
我们倒是可以注意
You couldn’t have been paying attention.
-听我说 你们都点了茶喝 -是的
– Now listen. You both went along to tea. – Yes.
那么你肯定见过别的人
Well, surely you met somebody.
我想是的 但
I suppose we did, but –
等等 让我想想
Wait a moment. Let me think.
对了 有个英国绅士递糖给我们
Oh, yes. There was an Englishman who passed the sugar.
这就对了 我们去找他们
Right you are. Let’s go along and dig him out.
请让我一起去 这件事太有趣了
Pardon me. I’ll come with you. This is most interesting to me.
我们不想让太多人搅和 但欢迎你加入
Well, we don’t like people muscling in, but we’ll make you a member.
等等 还有别人
Wait a moment. There was somebody else.
我经过这房♥间时 佛洛伊跌倒了进去
As we passed this compartment, Miss Froy stumbled in.
有位高大的绅士和女士
There was a tall gentleman and a lady.
很好 总算有头绪了如果
Now we’re getting somewhere.
我们找目击者就可以开始搜寻
If we can find someone who saw her, we’ll have the place searched.
-有事吗 -就是这位男士
– Can I be of any assistance? – That’s the gentleman.
你可曾见过这位年轻小姐
Do you happen to remember seeing this young lady
与一矮小的英国女人走过这节车厢
pass the compartment with a little Englishwoman?
我 恐怕没见过
I’m, uh – I’m afraid not.
但你一定见过 她几乎跌进你房♥间
But you must have. She almost fell into your compartment.
你绝对记得的 这事很重要
Surely you haven’t forgotten. It’s very important.
每个人都说她不在车上 但我很清楚她在
Everybody’s saying she wasn’t on the train, but I know she is…
就算让火车停下来 我也要找到她
and I’m going to find her even if I have to stop the train to do it.
凯迪考特 我是查特斯 能进来吗
Caldicott. This is Charters. Can I come in?
我们吃饭时遇到的那女孩
You know that girl we saw at the hotel?
她跟那鬼哈兹回来了
She’s back there kicking up a devil of a fuss.
还说她朋友不见了
Says she’s lost her friend.
她没来过这 老家伙
Well, she hasn’t been in here, old man.
-问题是她想让火车暂停 -俺的神啊
– But the point is she threatens to stop the train. – Oh, Lord.
咱们在贝尔错过连接♥班♥车
If we miss our connection in Bale,
这回将无法如期到达曼彻斯特
we’ll never make Manchester in time.
-这是真的很严重 -我们进屋里谈
– This is serious. – Let’s hide in here.
抱歉 我一点印象也没有
I’m sorry. I haven’t the faintest recollection.
你们一定搞错了
You must be making a mistake.
很显然他不记得
Well, he obviously doesn’t remember.
咱们找其它人去
Let’s go and look for the other fellow.
-你刚在外头跟谁说话 -嗯
– Who were you talking to outside? – Hmm?
哦 没人 只是走廊上有人在吵架
Oh, nobody. Just, uh, some people in the corridor arguing.
他在这儿 就是他
There he is. That’s the man.
我说 对不起我在想我是否 打扰你了
I say. I’m so sorry. I wonder if I can bother you.
不晓得你能否帮我们个忙
I wonder if you can help us.
怎么帮法
How?
大约1小时前我跟一位英国女士喝茶
I was having tea about an hour ago with an English lady.
你看见的 对吗
You saw her, didn’t you?
我不知道 不确定 我当时正在聊天 对吧
I don’t know. I mean, definitely. I was talking to my friend. Wasn’t I?
的确是那样
Indubitably.
但你看到邻桌的她向你要糖
But you were sitting at the next table.
你一定还记得
She turned and borrowed the sugar. You must remember.
-我记得递糖给她 -那么你是见过她
– I recall passing the sugar. – Then you saw her.
我说 我们正谈得欢 我们在谈论板球
I repeat. We were deep in conversation. We were discussing cricket.
我不认为谈论板球这等事
I don’t see how a thing
会使你忘了曾见过的人
like cricket can make you forget seeing people.
哦 是吗
Oh, don’t you?
既然你这么说 我也没办法
If that’s your attitude, obviously there’s nothing more to be said.
走吧 凯迪考特
Come, Caldicott.
-“板球这等事”-嗯
– “A thing like cricket.” – Hmm.
问错了 我们该告诉他们
Wrong tactics. We should have told him we were looking
上次板球赛我们输了
for a lost cricket ball.
的确 但他同她说过话 这其中一定有原因
But he spoke to her. There must be some explanation.
是的 请原谅我这么讲 也许我是错的
There is. Please forgive me. I’m quite possibly wrong…
但我碰巧知晓有些个案 遭受惊吓或打击后
but I have known cases where a sudden shock or blow…
会产生活生生的幻象
has induced the most vivid impressions.
我明白 你不相信我的话
I understand. You don’t believe me.
倒不是信不信的问题
Oh, it’s not a question of belief.
对想像力丰富的人来说
Even a simple concussion
即便纯脑震荡亦会造成特殊影响
may have curious effects upon an imaginative person.
我知道 但我仍记得详细经过
Yes, but I can remember every little detail.
她的名字是佛洛伊 每件事
Her name – Miss Froy. Everything.
真有趣
So interesting.
你知道吗 如果有空的话
You know, if one had time,
就可找出幻觉的来由
one could trace the cause of the hallucination.
-幻觉 -噢 正是
– Hallucination. – Oh, precisely.
没有佛洛伊太太 根本没这个人
There is no Miss Froy. There never was a Miss Froy.
只不过是明显的主观意象
Merely a vivid subjective image.
但我昨晚在旅馆见到她的
But I met her last night at the hotel.
你以为你见过她
You thought you did.
但这个人的名字
Yes, but what about the name? –
喔 某些过去经验的联想
Oh, some past association.
广♥告♥或小说里的人物 意识的记忆里
An advertisement or a character in a novel, subconsciously remembered.
不 这没什么好怕的
No. There is no reason to be frightened…
只要你放平静 轻松点
if you are quiet and relaxed.
谢谢你
Thank you very much.
德兰卡 失陪一下
Dravka. If you will excuse me,
我有位病人要上车 失陪了
this is where my patient comes aboard. Excuse me.
非常有趣
Most interesting.
火车要停了
We’re stopping.
-这是第一站对不 -嗯 嗯
– This is the first stop, isn’t it? – Mm-hmm.
那么佛洛伊一定还在车上
Then Miss Froy must still be on the train.
看 你站在这边窗口看她 是不是从这边下去
Look. You look out of this window and see if she gets off this side.
我到另一边看
I’ll take the other.
-非常有趣 -哦
– Most interesting. – Oh.
她穿什么 斜纹软呢的是不是
What was she dressed in? Scotch tweeds, wasn’t it?
燕麦色苏格兰服
Oatmeal tweeds.
我只知道这跟米粥有关
Oh, I knew it had something to do with porridge.
还要多久才能办妥离婚
How long does it take to get a divorce?
艾里克
Eric.
嗯 哦 对不起 我刚没在听
Hmm? Oh, I beg your pardon. I wasn’t listening.
我说要多久才能办妥离婚
I said, “How long does it take to get a divorce?”
看情形 干嘛
Oh, that depends. Why?
我只是想不晓得明年春天 能否一起去度蜜月
I was only wondering whether we could take our honeymoon next spring.
我是指正式地去
I mean the official one.
困难相当大 其一法♥院♥
The difficulties are considerable.
待审案件很多
For one thing, the courts are very crowded just now.
所以咱们还是别埋怨了
Although I suppose we barristers ought not to complain about that.
事实上 以
As a matter of fact, with the –
目前情况而言
with conditions as they are now,
我成为法官的机会很大
my chances of becoming a judge are very rosy.

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
前一篇文章捉贼记
下一篇文章惊声尖笑3
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!