你觉得你能吃得下东西吗
Well. Do you think you can eat anything?
我可以试试
I could try.
有这种精神才对
That’s the spirit.
明天你就会觉得自已完全不一样了
You’ll feel a different girl tomorrow.
希望如此
I hope so.
我不想以 一副痛苦的表情见我未婚夫
I don’t want to meet my fiance a nervous wreck.
-你的 什么 -我周四就要结婚了
– Your… what? – I’m being married on Thursday.
你确定这不是你幻想出来的
Quite sure you’re not imagining that?
-确定 -我恐怕不是
– Positive. – Oh, I was afraid so.
-啊 食物 -我无法面对
– Ah, food. – I couldn’t face it.
嗯 你知道的最多了 介意我边吃边说吗
Well, you know best. You mind if I talk with my mouth full?
如果你想的话
If you must.
你想不想听听我早年的生活
Well, now. Would you like to hear about my early life?
还是不要了
I don’t think so.
既然你要求我说 那我就从我父亲说起吧
Well, since you pressed me, I’ll begin with my father.
你知道的 历史上的伟人都有好父亲
You know, it’s remarkable how many great men began with their father –
-噢 要不要喝点什么 -不 我
– Oh, something to drink? – No, I –
好 我要 一杯茶 谢谢
Oh, yes, I will. A cup of tea, please.
我爸爸是个非常多面化的人
You know, my father was a very colorful character.
在众多事物之中 他对什么东西有独特的癖好
Amongst other things, he was strongly addicted to
你猜是什么
You’ll never guess.
-哈里曼的凉茶 -不 错了 是苏格兰茶
– Harriman’s Herbal Tea. – No, wrong. Double scotch.
有上百万的墨西哥人喝这茶
A million Mexicans drink it.
也许有 但是我爸爸不爱
Maybe they do, but Father didn’t.
佛洛伊太太给那服务生一大袋
Miss Froy gave the waiter a packet of it.
一大袋什么
Packet of what?
哈里曼的凉茶
Harriman’s Herbal Tea.
她说她只爱喝这种茶
She said it was the only sort she liked.
我想我们都会同意说
I thought we’d agree
让你把自已的记忆变得一片空白
that you were going to make your mind a complete blank.
但那看起来那么真实 我确定它真的发生过
But it’s so real. I’m sure it happened.
-我们说了吗 还是没 -我们都同意了
– Did we, or did we not? – We did.
抱歉 继续说你♥爸♥爸的故事吧
Sorry. Go on telling me about your father.
恩 我父亲是个很了不起的人
Well, my father was a very remarkable man.
-他会吹单簧管吗 -连续地
– Did he play the clarionet? – Incessantly.
事实上他从来不舍得放下
In fact, he never put it down, unless,
除非非放不可
uh – unless it became absolutely necessary.
所以 他对音乐的热爱
Well, naturally I couldn’t help
也情不自禁地遗传给了我
inheriting his love of music.
为什么这么说
Why not?
这是他给我留下的唯一东西了
It was all he left me.
你知道吗 你也很吸引人
You know, you’re remarkably attractive.
有没有人这么告诉你
Has anyone ever told you?
我们经常都在讨论你
We were discussing you.
-当然有了 你喜欢我吗 -不太喜欢
– Yes, of course. Um, do you like me? – Not much.
在我替我父亲还完债以后
Well, after I’d, uh, paid my father’s debts…
我就开始旅游 直到他们 开始查我的帐户
I started to travel, until they tried to cash the checks.
那时候 我正在写一本关于民族舞蹈的书
At the moment, you know, I’m writing a book on folk dancing.
你想不想买♥♥一本
Would you like to buy a copy?
我非常乐意 那你的书 写了多久呢
I’d love to. When does it see the light of day?
大概四年
Hmm, about four years.
-很长的一段时间啊 -很长的一本书
– That’s a very long time. – Very long book.
你知道你为什么让我着迷吗
Do you know why you fascinate me?
是因为你身上有两种特质
I’ll tell you. You’ve got two great qualities
就象我父亲所拥有的那样
I used to admire in Father.
你从来不讲礼貌 而且
You haven’t any manners at all, and…
你总是看得到很多事情
you’re always seeing things.
-现在看看那是什么 -看
– Now what’s the matter? – Look.
-它不见了 -什么不见了
– It’s gone! – What’s gone?
窗户上佛洛伊太太的名字
Miss Froy’s name on the window.
你看到了 你肯定看到了 她确实在火车上
You saw it. You must have seen it! She’s on the train!
冷静 冷静
Now steady, steady.
打搅了 谢谢 没事的
Excuse me. Thank you. It’s okay.
不 不 我们一定要找到她 她肯定出了什么事
No, no! We’ve got to find her. Something’s happening to her!
-现在 -叫火车停下来
– Now… – Stop the train!
各位 听着 这列车上
Listen, everybody. There’s a woman
有位叫佛洛伊太太的女士
on this train – Miss Froy.
你们中肯定有人见到她了 而且把她藏了起来
Some of you must have seen her. They’re hiding her somewhere.
我求你们 所有人 求你们把车停下来吧
I appeal to you, all of you, to stop the train.
现在 听着 请帮帮我 求他们让火车停下来
Now, listen… Please help me. Please make them stop the train.
拜托
Come on.
你们听到吗 为什么不亡羊补牢呢
Do you hear? Why don’t you do something before it’s too late?
求你们了 求你们了
Please. Please.
我知道你们觉得我疯了 但我没有 没有
I know you think I’m crazy, but I’m not! I’m not!
-看在上帝的面上 停车吧 -现在 来
– For heaven’s sake, stop this train! – Now, come –
-放开我 放开我
Leave me alone! Leave me alone!
晚了十分钟 都怪那个蠢女人
Huh. Ten minutes late, thanks to that fool of a girl.
如果她再耍什么花样的话 我们就肯定赶不及
She gets up to any more of her tricks,
这最后一天的赛事了
we shall be too late for the last day of the match.
我想你们不应该怪她
I suppose you couldn’t put it to her in some way.
-什么 -其实人 人不会无端消失的
– What? – Well, people… just don’t vanish and so forth.
-她消失了 -什么
– She has. – What?
消失了
Vanished.
-谁 -那位老妇
– Who? – The old dame.
-是的 -然后呢
– Yes. – Well?
-怎么可能消失了 -什么
– Well, how could she? – What?
-消失 -我不知道
– Vanish. – I don’t know.
那正好解释了我的看法
That just explains my point.
人不会无端端消失在空气中
People don’t just disappear into thin air.
但是在印度发生过
It’s done in India.
-什么 -绳子的把戏
– What? – The rope trick.
噢 那个 照片上从来没拍到过
Oh, that? It never comes out in a photograph.
听着 半个小时以后我们会停留在莫尔斯克
Look, now. In half an hour we’ll stop at Morsken,
就在港口前
just before the border.
我会带我的病人在那下车 然后去国家医院
I will leave there, with my patient, for the national hospital.
如果你想跟我一起来的话
If you will come with me,
你可以在私人病房♥里面呆一晚
you could stay overnight in a private ward.
你需要平静 需要休息
You need peace and rest.
抱歉 我不需要
Sorry. Nothing doing.
我们难道不能做点别的事情了吗
Isn’t there anything we can do?
有 去找佛洛伊太太
Yes, find Miss Froy.
我告诉你 朋友
I tell you, my friend.
如果她不休息 我可不会替她说话
If she does not rest, I will not answer for her.
最好就是你来劝她 她喜欢你
It will be best if you persuade her. She likes you.
噢 我快跟”士的宁”药片那么受欢迎了
Oh, I’m just about as popular as a dose of strychnine.
如果给这药加上糖衣 她肯定整个吞下去
If you coat it with sugar, she may swallow it.
这真是国际列车啊 什么国家的人都有
Cosmopolitan train, this. People of all nations.
我刚在过道上见到不下 一百万的墨西哥人
I’ve just seen at least a million Mexicans in the corridor.
我想我应该劝你把哈兹医生 说的话好好想想
Well, I thought I’d look in to tell you to think over what Dr. Hartz said.
看你是不是会改变主意 我就在附近
Feel like changing your mind, I’ll be hanging around.
这么神神秘秘干吗
What’s all the mystery?
你说的对 佛洛伊太太在车上
You’re right. Miss Froy is on this train.
我刚才看到你说的那包茶了
I’ve just seen the packet of tea
他们把它扔在垃圾堆里了
that you were talking about. They chucked it out with the rubbish.
你开玩笑吧 她现在可能都已经死了
Trifle late, aren’t you? She may be dead by now.
不管死了 还是
– Well, dead or –
当然了 什么都是有可能的
Of course, for sheer variety,
给我一个英国式的夏天
give me an English summer.
我记得有某个银行假期 我在布莱顿
I remember once spending a bank holiday at Brighton –
我们准备在车上搜索
We’re going to search this train.
这地方真的很可疑
There’s something definitely queer in here.
-好象这里还专门为杀人犯服务 -别
– Looks like supply service for trunk murderers. – Don’t!
看那个
Look at that.
好了 佛洛伊太太 只有我们
All right, Miss Froy. It’s only us.
快点 快
Hurry up. Quickly.
嗯 可能是佛洛伊太太的魔法 说不清
Well, perhaps it’s Miss Froy bewitched. You never know.
不管怎样 我可不想失去希望
Well, anyway, I refuse to be discouraged.
无决断力的人是永远也找不到那位女士的
Faint heart never found old lady.
对了 你对她有了解吗
By the way, do you know anything about her?
没有 我只知道她是准备回国的 贵族妇人
No. Only that she was a governess going back home.

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
前一篇文章捉贼记
下一篇文章惊声尖笑3
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!